carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Thank you so much @mrs-b, I’m so happy to hear that things are better for you, and long may it continue. It must be such a relief that your Crohns has stabilized, and your back isn’t agony anymore. It’ll be fun having Eleanor with you for a couple of months, so enjoy some girly time together.

Thank you @junebug17, I‘ll remind you if you get tempted again ;-)

Thank you @Slick1 I hope you’re feeling a lot more relaxed now the summer holidays have started.

:lol: @missy is incorrigible @canuk-gal - did anything take your fancy?

Thank you for the kind words and warm wishes @bling_dream19, with everything that’s going on ATM, bling isn’t on the radar. I think I’ll wait until we move as it’ll be easier getting something shipped there than here. I’m relying on you for my bling fixes :mrgreen:

It feels good to get these things squared away @missy, and then not have to worry about them again. We’ve updated our wills along the way, and of course will have to make new ones when we move. FWIW, although having another test is not what you really want, if it gives you peace of mind that you’re getting a more accurate result, then it’s worth doing. You need to get to the bottom of what’s going on, and then make an informed decision based on the results. It sounds like you had a lovely time with your friends, and I’m glad you could enjoy doing something normal. Awww poor little Sasha, but it sounds as though she’s adapted to being deaf, and has found ways to keep herself safe.

I hope you’ve received your refund for the camera @marcy and have found a suitable replacement. Thanks for the birthday wishes, I did see it on FB.

We had a lovely meal at lunchtime with our friends, and the good thing about going at lunchtime was that it wasn’t crowded, so we had a lovely relaxed time.

Came home full to the brim and haven’t eaten anything more. Keep your fingers crossed that the latest update from the builder will include that they’ve actually started!

Thank you again lovely NIRDI, I really appreciate you taking the time.

:wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@Austina I am happy you enjoyed your BD and lunch out. As for new jewellery--I am always tempted! I was thinking about some diamond hoops--but super fine (narrow as in app 2mm) and super sparkly. Not sure if super sparkly melee in this size could be found. Oakgem had some in their sale, but they were much larger stones than I would want. Anyway, I'll look at Mr. Google one day in earnest. Fingers crossed on your house breaking ground.

We are experiencing a heat wave--and temps are record braking. (all across the PNW) . Currently it is 36C and while we might have this temp on an oddly hot day, we've are in our 5th day with another several days to go. So no cycling here . Luckily work is air conditioned!

@missy your friend vacation view is unbelievable! Glad to see people travelling.

NIRDI shout out!!!! :wavey:

cheers--Sharon

Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

@missy you do have a lot of social engagements this week. How fun! Beautiful pictures from your ride. Sasha is trying to cool off in the shade. Sorry to hear you have to do your DXA test again and it's going to cost you. Hope the results are promising this time. Big hugs to you. And darn I missed the flash sale. Nice to get your wills taken care of; I suppose Marty and I should do the same.

@canuk-gal nice to see lots of birdies on your outings. Sorry it is so hot there for you.

@bling_dream19 good idea not to cook on such a busy day.

@junebug17 enjoy your time in SC; nice to visit with your sister and having DD come to visit soon. Glad you are ejoying your new ring.

@Austina I am glad you hear you had a nice brithday. I didn't even try corn hole - I can't throw worth a darn. Looked fun though. Sounds like you had a relaxing weekend. How excited your friends will be grandparents. I hope the builder has started on your house.

@mrs-b I am so glad you have a wonderful birhtday and got to share it with Nathaniel, Eleanor and David. That is awesome your back has improved and you are able to walk some everyday. Great news your Chrohn's seems to be in remission.

@Slick1 enjoy your summer vacation and I hope your AI has settled down.

Marty continues to feel better. I think it's allergies - he bought some allergy meds; took one dose and since it didn't cure him he decided it wasn't allergies. I laughed that one dose of OTC meds would cure him. He is still obnoxious so I know he is fine.

Yesterday was our 30th wedding anniversary. We went to supper and when we made a toast to our anniversary I said I'd rate our 30 years as "it didn't suck". He thought that described it well. We stopped at our Botanic Gardens on the way home and took a selfie of us in the gazebo where we got married 30 years ago. Poor guy - he's tall and hit his head backing up to take one of the pcitures. Then we went home and watched episdoe 1 of the last season of Bosch that just got released on Prime.

As for my camera; Amazon never issued us credit so I did much digging and finally found a chat help on their website; it took me about 10 minutes but they finally said oh sorry we'll credit your debit card within 3-5 days. It was in our account withing the hour. So I immediately ordered my camera from another place. It should arrive tomrrow. I debated on one more lense because it would replace the lens that comes with the camera but I should not have debated for 4 days - the price jumped $60 dollars. I ordered it last night.

Take care.
Marcy

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Happy belated anniversary @marcy, I always remind Colin I could’ve murdered him and been a free woman by now :lol: Glad that you managed to get your refund and get your camera ordered elsewhere. Funny that when you phoned your refund was issued immediately!

Good grief @canuk-gal your weather doesn’t do things by half, either freezing to death or boiling to death! Stay cool.

How’re all the other lovely NIRDIs today?

We had news when we woke up - they’ve scraped the lot :dance::appl:Halleluja, now let’s hope it they get on with the boarding so they can pour the slab.

Just went out for a walk and did our food shopping today, oh the excitement of it all :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good afternoon girls! It is boiling hot here! Our friends arriving any moment. Hoping I can convince them to stay inside the house.

@marcy Happy Anniversary! I am sorry I missed it. Our schedule this week is hectic. And yes please get your wills done. For your protection at the very least.

@Austina I like that kind of excitement. And FWIW you are beautiful inside and out. I am being completely objective. Woohoo the build is happening.

@canuk-gal I am dying with this heat. My body cannot cope with temps that feel like they are in the 100s F. Oy to the vey. Hope you are remaining comfortable and enjoying a lovely day.

Have a good day girls. XOXO.

Dearest Marcy, yesterday was your anniversary
So many years ago the knot was tied by you and Marty
It's been decades and decades of one big party

They said it wouldn't last but lo and behold
All these years later your love story is still being told
Your marriage full of laughter and love and joy so bold

Your relationship so special despite the ups and downs
The joy and smiles have far outweighed any of the frowns

You have held true through the course that is life
Full of love and laughter despite some of the strife

Your road is not finished and you have much further to go
Wishing you much more happiness and love to share and to show

Sorry I'm late but had to share

You know the NIRDIs, all of us care
Know we love you and send big hugs

from us, the bunnies and the bears (big lugs).

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina that is funny what you tell Colin. I always tell Marty to sleep with one eye open. I couldn’t find a phone number for Amazon but luckily found a chat room. It was buried deep - they probably hope you never find it. Nice they are starting on the lot. Then they’ll get posts put in, it seems like such a long process. At least it’s progress!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy thank you for the lovely anniversary poem. I really appreciate it. Have fun with your friends.

Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy July 1st!

The heat wave has broken (for now) and rain is predicted here for the next 4 days. Woohoo....not. LOL.

Good news is yesterday went very well and we had a wonderful time. We spent about an hour out in the back yard and finally we were all sweating so much they were good to go inside and we spent the rest of the day in the cool house.

The food was yummy and the company fun. She is one of my oldest friends. Almost 40 years we have been friends. And we love her DH too. He is a survivor as he had cancer in his early thirties. The chemo and radiation caused him to have a heart attack after the treatment for cancer was over. That was over 20 years ago. He is doing great now thank goodness. And she an Ob/Gyn and she is prescribing BHRT for me for now. Anyway it was so good seeing them. I feel like life is getting back to some semblance of normalcy. Seeing friends again and I am really enjoying entertaining again. Of course Greg does all the heavy lifting and cooking etc but thankfully he is OK with that.

And it was also good to really straighten up and clean up because while we always keep our house clean things were accumulating and cluttering up and it was good to declutter. Always nice to have a reason to make the house look pretty as the last year or so I have not been motivated to do that. Next stop my closet haha.

We kept the menu simple just because it was too hot but also because these friends are so easy going and love everything Greg cooks. Baked cod on the grill with grilled onions and lemon. Roasted potatoes on the grill. Rice pasta salad with grilled asparagus, red and yellow pepper and lemon zest and oil dressing. Very refreshing. And optional chickpeas (on the side) if one wanted to add it to the pasta salad. And a lovely big fresh green salad. For dessert fresh fruit and gluten free cookies. No homemade baking in this heat.

The view as we sat outside sweating. Greg had a fan on us so that helped. It was nice despite the heat but I was very happy to get inside when we did. :)

Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 6.20.15 AM.png

And they brought us gorgeous roses. I had to put it in the library/sewing room because the cats love to eat flowers and plants lol.

Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 6.22.13 AM.png

@marcy I am glad Marty is feeling better and haha about when he is being obnoxious you know he is getting better :lol: I hear you. It feels like the weekend to me isn't that strange? Probably entertaining in the middle of the week has something to do with that. Hope the rest of your week goes well. And happy 30th! That is a milestone indeed. XOXO.

@mrs-b I cannot tell you how furious I am on your behalf. Big healing hugs.

@springerspaniel thank you! I am waiting til I have uninterrupted time. XOXO.

@canuk-gal how is your weather doing? Ours is still not cooperating but I am relieved the heat wave is over. It was brutal. We had the AC on very high and still the temps wouldn't go as low as I like them. Hope your weather is improving and that you are enjoying the week. Hugs.

@bling_dream19 hey there sweet friend, hope all is going smoothly. Big hugs.

@Slick1 hope the week has not been too hot for you and that you are enjoying the first week of vacation. XOXO.

@Austina now I am not even sure I will be repeating the DXA. I have lost confidence in all the doctors truth be told. It is disappointing and demoralizing but I continue taking things one day at a time. It is all I can truly do. And I continue working out with weights and doing weight bearing and eating well and all that is within my power. Much of it isn't in my control. But I do what I can. I hope your home building has started and I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. XOXO.

@sarahb hope your weather is not too hot or too wet and you are enjoying summer. The months and years even are flying by. Sometimes I find that comforting as in just wait a moment and difficult times shall pass and at other times I find it a bit terrifying how quickly it is all going by...sending you big hugs.

Hi to everyone else. Have a lovely Thursday and be well. XOXO.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy July, Nirdis!

@missy - this sounds like it was a lovely day! And the roses are so beautiful. :)

My garden needs a good weed, and I hear you on the closet issue! We cleaned out our (massive) cedar closet in the basement a few weeks ago, and it's 8that* that contributed to my back being so bad. So - best advice here...be careful!

So - I went to the dentist for the tooth I cracked last week and he gave me a crown. To do that, he had to give me two numbing injections. Unfortunately, he ended up hitting directly into the alveolar nerve. When I went into the dentist's office, I looked like this.... (taken in the waiting room)....

20210629_113254.jpg

Not ideal, granted, but a normal looking woman.

When I came out, I looked like *this*:

20210629_134409.jpg

This is me in my living room - over THREE HOURS after the injection. I was unable to move any part of the right hand side of my face. See the difference in height in my eyebrows?? Even my nose is pulling to one side. Altho my eye wasn't properly open (I was unable to move my eyelid or my eyebrow AT ALL), I couldn't close it, either, so it was drying out perpetually, and I had to 'blink it' with my hand. We tried taping it down, but it kept spontaneously opening to the amount you see, so the tape ended up being on my eyeball and sticking to the inside of my eyelid on the bottom, as it was dropping forward. I couldn't open the right side of my mouth, and the right side of my throat wouldn't move either, so I kept having saliva drain down my wind pipe and into my lungs - ergo, I kept choking.

It was a really rough day and I was miserable. I got almost all movement back by that evening (appt was at 11.30am), but was left with a racing pulse, a cracking headache and pain in the chest (this is from a pinched nerve in my upper back). Back to normal except for bruising yesterday and today there's only a small degree of ache around the injection sites and where they kept prodding me with a sharp dental tool, saying "Can you feel that?" Yeah - no - I can't, but I will tomorrow, you morons! Gees Louise...

I had my ophthalmologist follow up appt on Monday for the posterior vitreous tear I had earlier this year, and all was well. That, too, was in my right eye, so I had the pupil dilated and lots of poking and prodding then also. Consequently, the right side of my face is pretty cranky and Not. To. Be. Touched.

After I got home and I still had no feeling or movement in my eye 2 hours after my appt finished, I called the dental office and spoke to the receptionist. She relayed my concerns to the dentist - who I could hear sitting next to her, but who declined to come to the phone. She kept apologizing, and I kept saying "Hey - you didn't do it. The person who DID do it is the person who should be talking to me now!" The dentist finally called me that evening - and told me it had happened because I wouldn't let him put a block in my mouth. Um....what?? He put a block in my mouth initially, and then started drilling, which spits a lot of water, of course. Because my throat was numb, I started to choke and indicated I needed to sit up to cough. He removed the block and never put it back in. I didn't ask him to and he never said anything about it - just took it out. I figured he was done with it. I had no problem with the block, and actually prefer them as my mouth is small, and it's easier to rest soon one of those than to force my mouth open for an hour at a time.

Idiot. Culpable idiot. LAZY culpable idiot.

And that's been my week so far. Gut is still ok. Back is a bit dicey but still better. Went out walking with Tim this morning at 6.30am - bliss!

@marcy - happy anniversary for Tuesday - and my apologies for sending belated anniversary greetings! <3

@Austina - congratulations on breaking ground - yaaaay!

@canuk-gal - goodness me - your weather!! Perhaps you could move somewhere more temperate - like...a tornado zone, or a desert! Hoping you manage to get out cycling today!

And here's my face this morning - back to normal and familiar again. Really goes to show how having a loss of muscle function can affect the way we look. Makes me feel for all those people who have suffered strokes; the loss of self esteem would be profound.

20210701_092203.jpg

And on that cheery note....

Love to you all and NIRDI shout out!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Oh @missy, it sounds like you had an absolutely lovely day yesterday with your friends, doesn’t it make you feel good to have some normality in your life again? The food sounds delicious and I’m sure was much appreciated by your guests. Boo to bad weather, but too much heat can be exhausting. Your roses are beautiful. You must always do what you think is right for you , and honestly, I truly believe you know more about what’s going on with your body than the dr’s you’re consulting.

Oy @mrs-b, I’ve never seen a reaction like that before. :-oI’ve had a few times when the shot has hit the nerve and all I experienced was a very rapid numbing. It must’ve been really frightening to have experienced such an extreme reaction. Thank goodness you’re back to your beautiful self today.

@MamaBee, I’m so sorry about Bailey, even though you’re doing what’s best for him, it’s so hard. I hope it was a peaceful passing for him. Xxx

Some slimline hoops sounds lovely @canuk-gal, I’m sure you’ll find some, not that I’m encouraging you to spend of course :lol:

When do you expect your camera to arrive @marcy? I bet you can’t wait to get out and play with it.

We went for a walk this morning, then went to the garden centre to get some chipped bark. We can do that as a drive through, but as it wasn’t overly busy, we then went inside. It’s a huge place that sells just about everything. We had a mooch about, bought a few bits and bobs of food, and saw this

34AAD2C3-3E18-4D54-8A5B-D4BFDF2DDBF9.jpeg

I can’t say I wasn’t tempted, even though it won’t go with anything we have :lol: Kim wants one for her little niece and nephew, but it’s too big for carry on.

Goodness me, it’ll be Friday again tomorrow, where are the weeks going, and how can we be into July already?

Hope all the lovely NIRDIs are having a good day.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee - Bailey has passed? I'm so very sorry I missed that. The loss of one's animal family members is horrible. My thoughts are with you. Much love to you. ox

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Nirdi shoutout!
@missy your roses are gorgeous and I'm so glad you had quality time with your friends.
@mrs-b I'm in shock. Soo glad you are back to your beautiful self! Love early morning walks too.
@MamaBee I'm soo sorry.
@Austina how thrilling and exciting to be building your gorgeous new home! Totally understand about priorities and jewelry can wait until time is right. I've got some loose stones that I want to set and then I'm done lol. Perhaps a larger ering diamond one day but that will take a while and I'm very happy and content with my wedding set and just to be married. Hubby has really been stepping up for me and it's been amazing.
Love and hugs to all! I'm working on taking care of myself...sleep, walking, stretching, skin care, reading, and relationships. There has been so much change. I hope each of you are doing well.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b MamaBee posted this on another thread

I spoke to Bailey’s vet. We’re going to go back to the hospital today to let him go to the rainbow bridge. My heart is breaking..

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls.

@MamaBee I am so sorry :(
There are no words. I know the grief you are experiencing is great. Deep grief is the price we pay for great love. It sucks. It is so unfair that our furry family members are with us but a brief time. I hope somehow knowing you gave him the best possible life where he knew unconditional love makes that pain a bit less. And in the end you gave him the greatest gift of all. You did the most selfless thing someone could do for a loved one. You gave him peace from suffering. I am keeping you in my thoughts and sending warm gentle hugs your way.

@mrs-b that dentist ought to be shot. What an a**hole. I am glad you are all recovered now. His response was unbelievable. :x2

@Austina glad you had a good walk yesterday and saw some interesting things. My bone specialist has not had his secretary get back in touch with me yet so I am once again feeling like I am on my own. Even a great doctor like him is failing me IMO. He was supposed to call my rheumatologist but the secretary told me (when she called me Monday) oh no it was a misunderstanding since I was going to repeat the DXA no need for him to call my rheumatologist. So I asked her to please ask him to let me know if he would talk to my rheumatologist or if he just wants me to repeat the DXA. But that was 4 days ago and nothing from her yet. Sigh. So at this point I do not even know if I will repeat the DXA. I do want to know but I don't want to know if you get my drift. I am exasperated with our healthcare. Thanks for letting me vent.

@Slick1 what a washout for the holiday weekend. Hope you enjoy a good one despite the weather.

@bling_dream19 I am glad you are taking good care of yourself. You deserve only the best.

Hi to everyone else.

So yesterday we decided to get vaccine two of Shingrix and then we ran errands. Well, by the time we got home I had aches and chills and a terrible headache and a fever. Still have all of those this morning. Greg was fine til last night and he feels like crap now too. We did plan this for when the weather was bad so we wouldn't miss out on cycling etc but man this feels like the flu. It's almost as bad as the Moderna dose 2. Maybe it is as bad. I will see how long this lasts.

It is pouring and thundering here today and we are not feeling well so not sure what we are going to do.

Leaving you with our gang of 3. They always hang out together. It is so sweet.
Pepsi, Fresca and Dr. Pepper. Love them.

Screen Shot 2021-07-02 at 7.07.22 AM.png

And a photo of one of our beaches. It is so peaceful and beautiful.

Screen Shot 2021-07-02 at 7.07.43 AM.png

Wishing you all peace and beauty today and always. XOXO.

@MamaBee our deepest condolences.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending ((hugs)) @MamaBee. I am so so sorry to read about Bailey. It’s not easy. Sending warm wishes your way. ((Hugs)) RIP Bailey ❤️
Oh my @mrs-b I almost couldn’t read about your dental issue due to my PTSD with dentistry. Glad you’re better!! Sheesh!!! You look marvelous again!
@missy Yes, ugh! What a washout the holiday will be again, Memorial Day was as well. Love your pics, hope you are well and ((hugs)) and love to you!
Hi to @Austina @bling_dream19 and @marcy and all NIRDIs.
On my way now to my dental cleaning. I think I need anti-anxiety meds! I’ve been both incredibly lazy and productively busy all at the same time. :)
A wonderful holiday weekend to all who celebrate!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies, and happy FriYay!

Honestly @missy, I’m just appalled. I’d expect that level of non-service from our NHS, but not when you’re paying so much to these so called professionals. I hope you and Greg both feel considerably better after having your shots yesterday, your reaction sounds horrible. I hope you just spent the day relaxing and recharging your batteries. Take care.

I hope your dental cleaning went well @Slick1, I’m not surprised you feel anxious after what you’ve been through.

Thanks @bling_dream19, we’re finally allowing ourselves to feel excited about the house, and just hope things progress quickly. Mr BD19 is a keeper for sure!

Thanking of you @MamaBee, how’s David coping?

We went for a walk this morning, then I had my hair cut and coloured, Jeez, my roots are Snow White now :shock:

Weather forecast is horrible for the weekend, and there’s a big rugby match on, so we’re not doing anything.

Hope all the lovely NIRDIs are doing OK. :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! Thank you all for the anniversary wishes.

@missy can you believe it is July already? I am so glad you enjoyed having your dear friends over; I am so glad to hear her husband has recovered from his cancer and heart attack. Nice to clean up the house; I spent some time this evening busting up boxes to fit in other boxes from all our assorted deliveries this week. It looks way better in here now. Beautiful roses! You certainly work hard at taking care of yourself; I am sorry your doctors aren’t helping with answers for you or following up with you and each other. Very frustrating. Hoping you and Greg are feeling better now.

@mrs-b I am so sorry they hit a nerve at the dentist and gave you so many problems; hoping you are doing better now. That is pretty poor the dentist didn’t own up to their mistake. Grr. Big hugs to you.

@Austina I tend to agree with you - we all know what’s going on with our bodies. Sounds like you had a nice time at the garden center. Sounds like a good weekend for you to stay in. We had thunderstorms with lots of rain both north and south of us but we didn’t get anything. Yay for a cut and color today.

@MamaBee I am so sorry about Bailey. Big hugs to you.

@bling_dream19 sounds like you are doing well and enjoying life. That is great!

@Slick1 glad you are relaxing and having a lazy weekend.

Marty camera arrived yesterday. Marty dug the battery out of the box and charged it for me. When I got home I put everything together, set up a few things and then diligently did my chores - dishes and getting the July newsletter made and posted. After that I played with my camera.

I had the day off from work today so Marty and I ran to Best Buy in Colorado. He wanted a decent but reasonably priced tripod for the gym; such a tripod did not exist there today. We both looked at lenses but we only leave with a wireless microphone for Marty’s camera. After shopping we ate lunch at our favorite steak house down there; it was delicious as always. We got home about 3:30 and I started taking pictures. I got some macro shots of flowers that I like; the landscape pictures from my deck turned out good but my few attempts at jewelry closeups need work.

Have a great weekend.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Caturday Saturday!

@Austina thank you, and we are feeling almost all better today. We did spend the day relaxing (after I forced myself to do my workout but I did take Tylenol for the first time in 10 years yesterday and that helped me forge ahead with the weights and treadmill) and we played cards. It was a good day despite feeling crappy. And this AM I am almost 100% better. Greg is still tired but much better.

Unfortunately we have the weather in common with you this weekend. It has been quite a weather fest this past week plus. Heat, storms and now it is in the 60s (ahhh) but rain storms with thunder so we had to postpone our plans with my sister and her family visiting. We are all disappointed and their schedule so busy we couldn't reschedule til end of August. But fingers crossed we can make that happen weather permitting.

Sweet you got a walk into your schedule yesterday and got your haircut and colored. But why are your roots snow white if you had your hair colored? I wish my hair would turn white instead of a mish mosh of gray and brown. It isn't a pretty color on me. Oh well. I have worse problems to deal with lol. At least we can keep it in perspective right?

Speaking of perspective...Despite the weather I hope you enjoy a wonderful weekend. I am so excited for you and your house to be. Please keep us posted and fingerers crossed it goes as smoothly as possible. XOXO.

@marcy sweet the camera arrived and your day off work yesterday sounded delightful. Shopping, eating out (yummm) and taking photos. May we please enjoy some of your beautiful photos when you are in the mood to share. Sorry Marty didn't find a tripod he likes yet. And you didn't find any lenses to buy at Best Buy. But at least you got a wireless microphone.

I love flower shots and landscape shots too. Have fun with your camera. I will live vicariously through you as all I have to take photos is my iPhone. Enjoy and thank you for your kind wishes, much appreciated sweet Marcy. I hope Marty is feeling 100% better now. And yes to jewelry close ups. :love: (((Hugs))).

@Slick1 I hope your dental cleaning went well and you got a clean bill of dental health. Hugs.

@bling_dream19 hope your weekend plans for the holiday are fun and involve loved ones. Happy 4th! XOXO.

@MamaBee keeping you in my thoughts. Gentle hugs to you and David and Shatzie. (((Hugs)))

@springerspaniel hope your weekend is a wonderful one and that you can rest easy knowing your research paper is complete and that you did excellent work. Amazing in fact. Thank you for sharing. Those statistics are quite shocking and it was an eye opener. I can only imagine how relieved and happy you are that you wrote such a wonderful paper and that you are now done with it. Have a good weekend. XOXO.

Happy July 4th weekend @sarahb, Hope your plans are to enjoy and have fun with loved ones. Hugs.

@Polabowla hope everything is going smoothly and you are feeling well. Wishing you a good holiday weekend.

@mrs-b hope your weekend is surrounded by your loved ones and that David is continuing to improve and that you continue to feel well with your Crohn's in remission. Big hugs.

Hi to everyone else. Hope all is well.
Greg and I rested yesterday and played cards and we are feeling almost all better today.
Tommy watched us intently as we played cards. :)

Screen Shot 2021-07-03 at 5.50.00 AM.png

Unfortunately it's a stormy weekend and we had to postpone our plans with my sister, nieces and BIL. We are all pretty disappointed but fingers crossed that the August date we rescheduled to will be weather friendly. It is a contrast in temps too. 60s F which I happily take. The heatwave is returning next week though...summer in the NE. What can I say?

I hope everyone has a lovely day. Sending you hugs and good wishes. Leaving you with a photo of Sasha from yesterday evening. She loves our lounge furniture outside. It makes us happy seeing her content.

sashaonloungefurniture.png

Enjoy a relaxing and happy July fourth weekend girls. XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ETA lol never make plans while ill with fever and not thinking clearly. Yesterday when we realized the weather today wasn’t going to clear up my sister and I chose july 17th as the rain date and August 21st as the back up. Lol I totally forgot we made those plans. My sister called me to remind me after I texted her this morning about seeing them on the 21st. She said no we chose july 17th. 21st only as a backup. Lol. Fingers crossed the weather cooperates that Saturday.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! Happy Independence Day for those living in the USA.

@missy glad to hear you and Greg are feeling better. That is too bad you cancelled plans with your sister and her family. Hopefully you plans work out for that in a few weeks. I totally need to find the right combination for jewelry pictures with my new camera; everything else should be fine. I am having fun playing with it regardless of how well I’m doing with it. I used to shoot everything manually on 35mm cameras so I am sure it will come back to me. The digital world is far more sensitive than film too but I’ll work on it. Love the photo of Tommy watching you play cards; he’s like hey aren’t you usually out cycling about now? Too cute that Sasha likes your deck furniture.

I slept in until 7 today. I'm finding if I sleep longer that that my body yells at me all day for being stiff and sore. As my dad used to say getting old isn't for sissies! I fixed protein for breakfast, worked on laundry and did my lifting. I headed out to one of our parks about noon to take some photos; sadly I hadn't changed the settings from my failed attempts at jewelry close-ups yesterday so all of my shots are kind of washed out and only sharp in the middle. I had it on center metering and single focus. Oops. I told Marty this camera has more skill than me right now. I could have used the Auto setting and been fine but I was on aperture priority. Oh well. At least with digital cameras it is only a waste of time. I did get a shot of "Seymour" who greeted me when I got out of the car. My dad used to battle the squirrels both at home and their mountain cabin and the squirrels always seemed to win so I started called all of the squirrels I saw Seymour.

Looks like we could get some rain again this afternoon. We are meeting an old friend of ours for supper. He was in our astronomy club and moved away about 15 years ago. It will be nice to see him.

Tomorrow is my last day of a long weekend; I plan on going to the other park here and get some pictures. I'll check all the settings before I leave the house.

Here is a collage of some of the flower pictures and Seymour. The 24 megapixel images won't post on PS - it tells me they are too big.

Take care.
Marcy test1.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Monday!

Hope everyone had a wonderful July fourth weekend and is enjoying one more day of the long holiday weekend.

@marcy gorgeous flowers. OMG love Seymour and love the story too. Aww sorry the jewelry photo shoot didn't go as expected. But I know you will have fun practicing and perfecting and I cannot wait to see the bling shots. Glad you got to sleep in yesterday. Sweet. But boo to being stiff. I hear you. Hope supper with your friend was nice. Enjoy the last day of your long weekend. Hope the weather is cooperating. XOXO.

@bling_dream19 hope you are having a fun holiday weekend and Monday.

@Slick1 thank you for your warm and kind support. I will never ever understand ugly humans who want to kill any animal let alone an innocent cat. It boggles my mind and really allows me to see just how horrid some people are. Thank you for being one of the wonderful people. XOXO.

@MamaBee big hugs and much love and thinking of you.

@springerspaniel hope you are having a wonderful holiday weekend/Monday.

@sarahb happy July and happy summer. We are right in the thick of it aren't we. I just hope it doesn't speed by too fast. I am trying to hold onto and enjoy each moment.

@mrs-b hope you are enjoying a lovely time with your loved ones and feeling well. And hope David is doing well too.

Hi to everyone else. I wrote about the feral cat situation in another thread. I don't feel like going into it again but if you are interested you can read what's going on in that thread.

We enjoyed a beautiful ride yesterday and it was purrrfect temps.
Leaving you with a couple of photos from the day.
Have a funday Monday girls. XOXO.

You can see we decked out our bike for the holiday. :)

Screen Shot 2021-07-05 at 6.34.45 AM.png

I got our ice cream in that shot too ;-)

And the beautiful scenery as we cycled back home.

Screen Shot 2021-07-05 at 6.34.34 AM.png

I am sorry we didn't take a photo of us. We were wearing red white and blue and I had my fourth of july socks and jersey on...and red cycling pants. Haha we were quite a sight and we got a lot of positive comments. We are in the spirit and while I am not always a fan of the USA lately I guess I am an American no matter what for better or worse but man it can be trying at times. I am losing faith in humanity more with each day. OK enough of that somberness.

Have a happy day lovely ladies and love you. You represent the best of humanity as far as I am concerned. Thank you for being here and for being my friend. XOXO.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

One thing I’ve always admired about Americans is how patriotic they are @missy. I’m glad you had good weather for a great ride yesterday. Honestly, just lately, I hardly know what day of the week it is, never mind thinking ahead! I’m sorry you couldn’t get together with your family, but the 17th isn’t too far off now, and it’ll be even sweeter. Aww Sasha looks so sweet and comfortable enjoying ‘her’ outdoor furniture :lol: I’m glad you and Greg are over the nasty effects of the jab, it sounded really unpleasant.

I’m sure you’ll soon be back in the swing of things with your camera @marcy, the flower pics are lovely, and Seymour is very photogenic :mrgreen: I did some Pilates this morning and felt really:sick: after, I’m sure exercise can’t be that good for you;-) (that’s my excuse, and I’m sticking to it). I’m so out of shape, I’m going to have to persevere, I think it was the heat that made me feel nauseous.

Your cheesecake in the other thread looked :lickout: @mrs-b, I don’t suppose a slice or two would survive the post?:P2

Yesterday was vile, it poured most of the day, so everywhere is still quite wet here. We’ve just been out for a walk and it’s pretty clammy.

We got a photo on Saturday of the scraped lot, not very exciting, but for those that are interested, here it is. Let’s hope they hurry up and get on now.

8178C7AC-16D4-43B0-8F7F-C0FC9A98FAE6.jpeg

No real plans for the week, we’ll see what the weather’s like.

Happy Monday lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Well did something we've not done in 1.5 years...visit family! My MOm's 86th BD. Lovely to see family that we've missed, but not so happy so see my rather frail Mom. :(( She still has super Mom powers but she is crumbling. We were quite busy.

The weather was ultra hot in my hometown--with little reprieve. We nearly melted. Cooled off a bit on Saturday and I scrubbed my Mom's place from top to bottom--no wonder my back is so sore today. I'll need some pain meds soon.

My Mom saw my new Tiffany ring and said "oh that's cute". I LOL. Gotta love her.

Anyway, we had a massive thunderstorm here when we were gone--yanno hail and horrendous rain that causes flooding.....and it is has been wet for the last 4 days..but we need the moisture. While I don't care two straws about the lawn, it really does look like straw in places.

Today wasn't so bad at work but tomorrow looks heavier. Oh well.

NIRDI shout out! Hope everyone is keeping well.

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Just a quick post and run this AM.

Yay I am so happy you got to see your mom @canuk-gal! :appl:

@Austina woohoo the lot looks great and any day now the building will start and before you know it...

Hi girls! Sorry for the quick post and run. Lots to do today. Yesterday was fun and we cycled and the weather was good. Hot today but still cycling I hope. Have a wonderful day and hugs.

Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 6.45.22 AM.png

The strawberry ice cream is incredible. Hope everyone has an incredibly sweet day. XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! And our heat wave continues...we had some wicked thunder and lighting storms last night. Wow. And I think we are in for this all week. Heat indices in the hundreds here today with more storms later. Hello summer in the NE. Hope everyone is staying comfortable and having a good week.

We cycled yesterday but it was hot and I was soaked with sweat (lovely) by the time we got back home. But it was worth it for the ice cream. OMG I hope Jimmy doesn't run out of the vegan strawberry too soon. It is by far my favorite.

Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 5.48.03 AM.png
That is our friend N in the background. When we get ice cream we also always have wonderful conversations with our ice cream friends. It is always a sweet treat and delight literally and figuratively.

And Tommy was just relaxing before the storms last night.

Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 5.48.37 AM.png

Leaving you with this gorgeous scenery our friend S shared with us. He was in Ambleside.
I have more photos to share but another time. Breathtaking views.

Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 5.48.24 AM.png

Have a wonderful Wednesday girls. ((((HUGS)))).

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

:appl: I’m so glad you go to see your Mum and family @canuk-gal, unfortunately I think after a long period, the toll of the aging process becomes more apparent. Sounds like you had a busy time, and our weather has also been horrendously wet with flooding in some places, although thankfully not here.

:lickout: To the lovely ice cream photos @missy. Ugh to the hot clammy weather, nothing worse than coming home dripping, but the relief of a lovely cool shower is sublime. What a fabulous photo of your friend’s view, so serene :kiss2:

I thought I’d posted yesterday, but I must be getting old! :lol:

We went to Costco and got a few things, and I saw a beautiful pair of hoop earrings. When I examined them, one of the posts was at a different angle to the other, and I was concerned about the security. They offered to get them fixed, which they did, and rang me later to say they were done. We said we’d call in today, but in the meantime, Colin had contacted a guy about fixing our mower. When he went to start it the other day, the cord broke. The guy said he’d let us know when he could fix it, and late yesterday, he texted to say he was in the area this morning and would stop by. It was a simple fix for him, so when he left, we went to Costco.

Well, we got there, went straight to customer services and they went and got the earrings. The post was fixed to my satisfaction, so we paid for them, then they got the diamond tester out, (which they always do to prove the item is in fact diamond). They couldn’t get the diamonds to show as diamonds, despite trying numerous times :-o I think in total, only 3 turned the tester green. They couldn’t understand it as the guy said they were tested when they arrived. So they refunded our money and said they’d contact the supplier and start an enquiry. Yesterday, while I was talking to the assistant about the posts, she checked and said there was another pair at their store near Heathrow. So we headed over there. They must’ve been mistaken because they had nothing like it, so it was a wasted journey.

We came home, had lunch, then went and did our food shopping.

Needless to say, I’m really disappointed, I’ve never seen a pair like it, they were in and out hoops, 2 separate rows that twisted at the bottom, 3.6 cts in total :( but we weren’t going to spend several thousand pounds on something they couldn’t prove were real. They were so sparkly and the perfect size.

Busy day tomorrow, we have to take the car In for a recall check, and I’ve got an orthodontist appt after lunch. Can you believe on Friday I’ll be on set 21 of my 28 aligners?

Happy Wednesday lovely NIRDI, hope you’re all doing well and keeping safe. :wavey:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@Austina sometimes the diamond testers at Costco are not very accurate or they are out of batteries. I wonder if you could take them to a local jeweler for testing? The earrings sound gorgeous!
Happy Wednesday nirdis!
@missy that strawberry icecream sounds delicious!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @bling_dream19 , I think because they couldn’t get them to test as diamonds, they’re going to investigate, just in case there’s been any impropriety, as they left the premises yesterday to be fixed. I didn’t want to take them away, because if there’d been any problem with them not testing as diamonds, they may not have taken them back, and they were too expensive to take a risk. They’ve got my number, so I’ll wait and see if they contact me after they’ve investigated.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Thanks @bling_dream19 , I think because they couldn’t get them to test as diamonds, they’re going to investigate, just in case there’s been any impropriety, as they left the premises yesterday to be fixed. I didn’t want to take them away, because if there’d been any problem with them not testing as diamonds, they may not have taken them back, and they were too expensive to take a risk. They’ve got my number, so I’ll wait and see if they contact me after they’ve investigated.

Ok good plan!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results