carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Ladies! Happy Weekend.

Missy, I saw you guys were having a very cold spell. We are getting lots of snow here but it’s about 20 degrees warmer than you. Newly fallen snow is so pretty; it looks like a big soft, fluffy world out there. LOL – you aren’t crazy cat people; you just love your cats. I OTOH am a crazy teddy bear lady! Your Thanksgiving dinner sounds terrific. I usually can find a lot more to eat but that year there just wasn’t anything appealing or that I could eat. Drinking my holiday dinner wasn’t a great idea but it made many people more interesting. I hope it warms up before Monday and Tuesday so you won’t have trouble getting to your doctor appointments. Good luck at both of them! We’ve been pretty decent here on weather but this storm started with melting snow so it got icy quick. Our forecast for about 10 days has more snow than sunshine. I am quite excited about the days staying light longer. DST will be in a few weeks too. I rarely wear makeup either mostly because my skin feels better just using astringent and lotion. I worry about how irritating and painful it will be for you to get makeup off. I hope the warmer weather does get here it will help your face. I am sure the white spots on your face are cute. I am glad the EMR are coming along for you. Your leg will probably get more used to the extra activity from work. You are certainly the energizer bunny and certainly a whole lot nicer than those bunnies around here. How is your mom doing after her surgery? That will be great if her hip takes away her knee pain. I hope she has a speedy recovery. Thank you for the great comics. Your kitty pictures are awesome; they are so cute. I have tapatalk HD on my iPad and that is how I post pictures on PS from my iPad. I sometimes just email them to myself and then save them to my laptop. Your earrings look fabulous on you. I love the little hearts on them too. I am a sucker for hearts. Greg will be careful driving home!

Jimmianne, that ring does look a lot like the one you are considering. Can you give them a counter offer on price? Of course you are finding some beautiful pieces of jewelry online. Bundle up for the trips out to feed the horses. Your cold weather diet sounds delicious. Blodwed is a cutie.

Callie, isn’t it strange how a one of a kind, unique ring come in many varieties and can be found it many jewelry stores? I am in the same place you are with rings; I have a few favorites I wear, I always look for something news and different but do I really need another ring? Not really. I haven’t given my employees their reviews yet; that will be this week. I will be happy to get them out of the way but I am not looking forward to that conversation. Maybe I should have a short night before I give them; I tend to be brutally honest when I’m tired; I guess my mind doesn’t work quickly enough then to find a PC way to say things. I haven’t been in the man cave all week. I might go down and read after lunch today. Have fun car shopping. Are you looking for something for you or your husband?

Ovi, your new bag sounds fabulous. I am glad you are feeling better about things and have had some good days. We definitely all need and deserve treats. That’s great you are having nice weather there. Good for you not letting your ex get to you. He just continues to demonstrate to the world what a jerk he is.

Kristie, HD cookie dough is one of my favorites. I loved Tab and Fresca.

We had our astronomy meeting last night then went out for dessert with friends after the meeting. It was a fun evening. I am making homemade beef noodle soup today and then I need to start on laundry. So far it has been snowing off and on and it’s blowing so much I can’t say how much snow we’ve had. I know it’s icy out there; it was really wet last night and it froze quickly.

Have a great weekend.
Marcy

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, if HSS won't give you a F&F discount, at LEAST get a nice gratis laser refreshing of some area of your choice, heehee! They have the lasers, I know they do!!!

Oh, Freddie Boy, I bet it took time for him to stop running when you approached him, he probably thought you and Greg were vampires too and going to stick him with a needle for his precious blood!!! All of your cats are so healthy looking, you must give them a lot of time and attention. Missy, have you heard anything about the orange cat from last summer? I was wondering how he is doing.

I just made a Chocoolate Chip Kahlua Cake. Its one bowl, no frosting (you can dust powdered sugar over the top though) and I use a cathedral bundt pan to cook it in so easy there too. It always tastes best on day 2 :appl:

Now I am polishing geode halves on our new vibratory lap. They are looking good, SHINY and beautiful! its warm and oppressive here today. I'm truly concerned for the summer, which will be LONG (March-Nov) and too hot. When we first moved here in 1998 the summer was May-Oct and never went much over 115. Bearable. Not the case any more. Climate change. Its here. Plan accordingly :evil:

Missy, I know Greg is an experienced driver in your conditions today, have faith that he will make it home in 1 piece. I'm glad your mom is already home from the hospital and without any postop issues. Good going.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy! You and Marty must come to our Thanksgiving next year. You will not leave hungry LOL. OMG it would be so much fun!

Thank you for the tapatalk tip. Haha say that 5 times fast. I have heard of it but don't know anything about it. Technology and I don't mix. I thought I broke my iPad yesterday as I was trying to email myself the pics I took on it as it kept flashing and I couldn't get it to work right. That would not surprise me if I broke it already haha.

Ooh looks like you are in for a lot of snow. Please be careful on those roads when you are out and about. I hate those icy roads. When it doubt don't go out! Ha! Just made that up. So talented. :lol: I think it is warming up here tomorrow and then we are getting rain and then it gets cold here again starting Monday. Have I mentioned I'm ready for winter to go bye bye.

Last night sounds like fun. Astronomy and dessert. A winning combo. Have you checked out the low calorie dessert thread Crystal started? Some good recs there.

I have to admit I hate both Tab and Fresca. Love cream soda and sarsaparilla those are my favorite sodas. One thing we are different on oh well. It was bound to happen. :cheeky:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kristie, you girls are killing me! That Chocoolate Chip Kahlua Cake cake sounds OMG delicious! Oh why is everything that tastes so yummy so bad for us? And me and my stupid skin issues. What I wouldn't give to be able to eat anything I want without ramifications.

Last I heard the orange cat had a foster home and I actually met the woman. She is very neurotic and a nervous nellie but at least he has a home. I cannot remember the cat's name now. The woman's name however I remember. Rachel. I hate it when that happens and my mind goes blank. I would be concerned if that didn't always happen to me even when I was younger.

I want a fifth cat but Greg keeps saying no. He is getting meaner as he gets older yanno? :rodent: I just feel we have the space and the love and there are so many animals who need loving homes. I know I know I could easily become that woman with 20 plus cats lol. Except I know I wouldn't. I cannot see myself with that many but 5 heck that's not too many IMO. :Up_to_something:

Kristie, if the summer is too hot by you please come and visit us at the beach. Even if it is hot there is usually a cool ocean breeze that we can enjoy there. Open invitation!

Hope you are having fun with those geodes. It's great that you can do this. Creative with a purpose.

ETA: Kato!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIS! Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far.

Marcy, sorry to hear you're having more snow - we've had some today as well, more than was expected - you're right, it's so beautiful to look at, but what a pain to get around in! Be careful if you have to venture outside, hopefully you can just stay in this weekend. I'm glad the days are getting a bit longer too, it helps a little. This cold weather is making me so sluggish, I don't feel like doing anything except sit on the couch :sick: Glad you had a nice night out, it really sounds like it was a lot of fun. Your posts always make me hungry, you sound like a great cook and you make the best meals, yum. I feel like I'm kind of stalled with my ring project lol, I just keep looking at diamonds and wondering about settings. That finished ring on DBL is starting to look better and better!

Missy, I certainly do remember the thread about the yellow diamond ring - In fact, IIRC I was trying to be very sensible and level-headed, but there was a part of me that just wanted to yell "buy it!" :lol: I try not to be, but I'm a bit of an enabler and a tad impulsive :oops: It was a beautiful ring, but your OEC is positively fabulous, one of the most gorgeous rings on PS. Thanks for posting the comics, they made me laugh and I need that these days! Love Calvin and Hobbes, and that last one about the hot flashes made me almost choke on my coffee! Love the pics of your sweet kitties! They look SO cute hanging out on the bed together. I'm really glad Fred found a loving home with you, his story broke my heart a little but he has a wonderful life now with you and Greg and that is so great. Oh, your earrings look so pretty on you! I really love them :love:

I'm sorry to hear about your mother's hip surgery, but it's great that she's home already, I hope she has a quick recovery and her knee improves as a result of the surgery. I'm sure she'll really enjoy seeing you and Greg tomorrow. Hopefully it's not too icy out, I think it's supposed to warm up a little so maybe some of this stuff will melt!

Calliecake, I gravitate towards rings too, for some reason I'm not as into earrings or bracelets, although I've been thinking a diamond bangle would be really nice and I might get one down the road. I can see myself wearing something like that fairly often. My husband has suggested that I buy something other than a ring, but I just like looking down and seeing something sparkly and pretty on my hand. I"ve been thinking about this style of ring for a while, so I'm pretty sure it's what I want, but I'm taking my time just to make sure! I can be a little impulsive :halo:

Jimmianne, love the rings you're posting! :love: SO gorgeous! I hope this weather breaks for you soon, it must be tough heading outdoors in this cold.

Kristie, your cake sounds awesome! I'm getting very bad sugar cravings, between reading about your cake and Callie's ice cream! I just ate all the m&ms out of my husband's trail mix :devil: but in my defense there was only a little left :oops: I'll have to run out tomorrow and get him some more. Your geodes sound really beautiful!

Ovi, sounds like you are doing well - I just hope your ex keeps his distance, it sounds like that helps you a lot. I'm glad you treated yourself to some new things! I think you deserve to treat yourself. I have always admired the yellow diamond in your profile pic :love: I know you are in the trade and are limited as to what you can say, but just in general, what are your thoughts about X-Y colored diamonds? I'm noticing I can get a slightly larger stone in that range, but I know the color will not be as intense as FLY or FY. Just curious as to what you think!

Hope everyone is having a good night!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls of NIRDI! I hope everyone had (or probably still having given the time of morning it is) a good night's sleep. The snow here has stopped and I think rain is on the way before tomorrow's big freeze.

Junebug, thank you and I really wish I could have both rings LOL. Though I wouldn't buy from that jewelry store ever again given what she tried to do if you remember. Oh but that was a pretty ring and she was even willing to send it to GIA because it had a EGL certificate.

If you need help on your search please let me know as I love looking. And I think Ovi is a fabulous person to help you with your search if you want. All I know is what looks pretty to my eye. Nothing technical at all with colored diamonds. All I know is I like and I want. :naughty:

I love diamond bangles and I have a few. I happen to have a couple of photos of one of them that I took the other day as I was testing out the iPad camera abilities. Greg bought this one for me. I was there though and saw it and fell in love with it so a totally spontaneous purchase (the spontaneous purchases I am famous for haha) at my favorite antique jewelry store (in Lambertville) many years ago. I think I got it around 12 years ago. I don't wear it much though as the main jewelry I wear these days are my ER/WB and earrings. I don't even wear my Rolex or Cartier tank anymore but I go through phases and right now I am wearing the minimum. I will post a couple of pics of my bangle.

I love the OEC bangles that some of the PS ladies are getting these days and if I were in the market I think that might be one type I would check out. If you are ever up for a trip to Lambertville NJ however let me know. Is that far from you? They have gorgeous pieces there and that is where I got most of my jewelry in the past 15 years or so.

This bracelet needs to be cleaned. I don't think I have cleaned if for years. :oops: I am going to do that today! Also posting pics of the ring (and pretty diamond band) that got away. I don't regret it because there are much better quality rings out there especially for the price. I agree with you I love some of the DBL halo rings.

Don't feel guilty about being sluggish with the cold weather and snow and all. I have not left the house since Thursday (!) because I cannot tolerate this cold weather and make no apologies about it lol. I am lucky that Greg is happy to do all the errands without me but I am looking forward to being more active again as I am the type who likes to be on the go on the weekends and enjoy activities and just get out there so this is so not my usual MO. But different times call for different measures I guess. Just looking forward to being able to resume my "normal" weekend activities. So you and I should not feel guilty and just enjoy being at home when we are because soon enough (hopefully) we will be out and about in the nicer weather!

Today however I am leaving the house as we are going to visit my mom. When I spoke with her last night she was so happy because her groin pain (one of her major symptoms that caused her to go ahead with the surgery) is gone!!! I don't know about her knee pain yet but it was the groin pain the surgeon said was linked to her hip for sure. So YAY! I know she is in a bit of pain and hope today she is able to manage that without too much trouble. I cannot get over how quickly she was released from the hospital! So different than my surgery and so relieved for her and my dad.

I hope everyone enjoys their Sunday!

img_0026-2.jpg

img_7139.jpg

_27352.jpg

_27353.jpg

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi NIRDI Girls,

Happy Sunday! I think that Missy will soon join me for a coffee.:))) I woke up with a splitting headache. Well, it was very warm and now it is supposed to rain and then by mid next week it is supposed to snow. I think I am dealing with hormonal problems too. Last night my ex showed up with his parents, I tell you every day something new is happening. At least I clarified some of his lies and actually I quite like his mother despite the situation and him trying to get us to hate each other all along. Still, I did not need this and I had told him yesterday not to come but had the feeling all along that they would. Of course it is lovely at 10 p.m. when you are in pj-s and cats on my bed, etc., getting ready to do the dishes after my cooking they unexpected lovely guests show up. I said to them that it is not that I do not want to talk but come on it is Saturday night and I could have been taking a bath or whatever. I think I handled the situation quite well but they left after midnight and then I still did some yard work because later on today it will rain. I slept very bad because of anxiety and woke up at 7, forced myself to try to sleep some more or otherwise I will be dead during the week. Now off to do more yard work.

You Girls are killing me with all these deserts. I only made a stew with noodles and sour cream yesterday but it came out well. I was considering going salsa dancing tomorrow night in Vienna but the guy has not called or sent a message and I do not feel like it, I could ask him and eventually I want to try Vienna too but maybe wait a week and then I may go.

My moods are still good considering, especially that when I have hormonal issues I can have crying attacks, I almost did last night over Niello's death and remembering his last morning. But although this may sound superficial, the bling I have been playing with over the last days and the one I am keeping makes me smile, so that does tell me that sometimes we do have to do things for ourselves and love ourselves and consider ourselves good enough to deserve a little happiness.

Junebug, I can tell you in general what I think I believe. I have never hidden the fact that I have a real soft spot for yellows, they are such happy stones like sunshine and summer, they always make me smile. Funny as I never wore yellow in my life and I think it has to also do with the fact that my late grandma once gave me a citrine and diamond ring and I so loved this ring and my grandma. I am still beating myself up over the fact that during one of my many moves I lost the ring or it was stolen but the love for yellows have never ceased though now I love yellow diamonds,

Thanks so much for your compliment Junebug, I too loved that pear that is why I bought it. I buy stones when I love them. I have more intense colors than that but I love all yellows, intense, deep, fancy and less colored than that. In my humble opinion X-Y stones can be truly stunning. It of course depends on the stone because the cutting has to emphasize the color as there is more of a chance for uneven color saturation. The setting can also help a great deal. Personal taste has to be taken into account because it truly depends on what you expect and what makes your heart sing. If you expect a very highly saturated stone, no, it will not be that, that said I have seen many well-cut X-Y that were nicer than FLY-s and even some fancy yellows. Now, yes, you can go up in size, it is a very important factor. I truly think sometimes it is worth that because larger stones have a presence and a certain look especially on the finger. I also like their higher profiles though this also depends on the shape, the setting a lot and depends on what you like. On my finger I prefer higher profiles whereas it does not matter on the neck or in the ears. If you love X-Y, there is absolutely no reason why you should not get one. Remember also that the yellow in the stone will be more apparent too if you get a larger stone, so sometimes a larger X-Y can really beat out a FLY. However, I cannot guarantee you that you will be happy with it, you have to see the stone or the ring in question IRL to know for sure. I, personally would love to own such a stone and have recently gotten a liking for mid-range warm stones too. Anything goes as long as you love it. Not sure I helped you a lot but I tried a bit. What weight range are you considering?

Kristie I am dying to see your geodes. This is such a fun-fun-fun project, you are so fortunate that you got to go to Tucson, peridot digging and get to cut and polish your geodes, way too cool! Hmm, I think I would sometimes love to be you.

Hi Marcy, hope you are enjoying your weekend. Have fun cooking, relaxing. How long is Marty staying home for, do you know?

How did I miss the part Missy that your mom was in the hospital? What happened and how is she now? I sometimes wonder how I can miss such important things.

Love sent to everyone and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Missy dear friend, haha I knew you would join me on here in a moment, we often come online at the same time, I even invited you for coffee.:)))

I will read and write back more in detail to you soon. I have to finish my yard work before the rain hits. I too have a thing for diamond bangles and wow those pix, I am drooling and now you are making me go blind.:))) I wish I was blind and immune to bling, no, not really, bling is my passion as you all know.

Just wanted to greet you here and will be back shortly, it is so nice that our daily patterns often match when we are both home.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear Ovi, yes our patterns match because I am up at 4 AM most days and you seem to be up all the time too LOL. One good thing about being a bit of an insomniac I guess! Good luck with the yard work and hope to chat with you soon.

And :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: on your EX and his parents showing up last night. Have you changed your locks yet? I would NOT be letting them in when they show up without permission. :angryfire: And I am sure you handled it with your usual grace and dignity.

See you later and I hope your headache is all gone soon. :wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good Morning NIRDs!

The weather has broken here - 36 degrees this morning and foggy rain. yay!

I can completely relate to not wanting to get off the couch. The shorter days, the weather, can really take a toll. I go sort of mental in the winter - sad and thinking too much. Sometimes I cheer myself up by thinking of the poor Neanderthals who must have been crammed together with all their relatives in caves in wearing winter itchy furs, no indoor plumbing..and no diamonds. We have a lot going for us LOL

[disclaimer: I'm joking around but I know it's not funny to be depressed].

Sending out powerfully good thoughts to all of you, your SOs and your furbabies on this winter Sunday.

ps. oh! there was a tiny owl perched outside my kitchen window last night! I've never seen an owl here before and managed to get a horrible photo through the kitchen window
img_4115.jpg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Girls, I hope everyone is having a good Sunday.

MIssy, How did your visit go with your mom and dad. I hope she is feeling well and can't believe she was able to leave the hospital so quickly. Do you still want to adopt another cat? I remember how much you loved the orange cat but also understood Greg feeling it might not have been the best time to add another pet. Did his leg heal well? Does it take awhile for your babies to adjust to another sibling? We have discussed getting another dog many times but I'm so fearful that our fur baby would not be happy about it. She loves being the center of attention. The pictures of the yellow diamond and bangle bracelet are beautiful.

Marcy, I hope you are keeping warm and you haven't been hit too hard with the snow. It's really cold here today. When are you giving the review? This ought to be one great story. I was looking for a car for myself but have no idea what I want. I'm thinking of keeping my car another year. It still looks new and runs well.

Junebug, A woman that owned one of the jewelry store I used to frequent had a very light yellow diamond in a halo and it was gorgeous. The pale yellow looked so pretty surrounded by very white diamonds. I almost purchased a yellow diamond about two years ago but purchased the Henri Daussi cushion in a halo instead. I actually preferred how the pale yellows looked on my skin. I also have thought about getting a diamond bangle. I love bangle bracelets and know I would wear it often. Everytime I seriously consider getting one I buy a ring instead.

OV, I can't believe you ex and his family dropped by at 10:00 PM. Has he told his parents all he has put you through? I'm sorry you have had a headache today. Has your cough gotten better? Sometimes it takes forever for those viruses to go away. Do you have a busy week with work? Your job sounds like it would be so much fun.

Jimmianne, I hope you are keeping dry and staying indoors. I can understand your wanting to say indoor on the couch. I haven't done a darn thing today. N Have you made any decisions on rings? I love your diamond band.

Kristie, I can't wait to see pictures of the geodes. They sound so cool and like a very fun hobby.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Kristie, can I have your Kahlua chocolate chip cake recipe? It sounds divine. Marty was always unhappy to be in Gilbert when the highs for the day were well over 100. I am sure you are having a blast with your new vibratory lap and enjoying your beautiful geodes.

Missy, I am sure your iPad is fine. They are very forgiving. I sure don’t want to eat my MIL’s cooking again for Thanksgiving. Wow, that was bad this year. I know you and Greg would put on a feast. I love your “when in doubt, don’t go out”. That is so perfect for all of us ladies dealing with snow and ice. We only got about 2 inches of snow but it’s really icy out there. I did see the low calorie dessert thread. I need to go add my favorite one; angel food cake mix and can of crushed pineapple. Mix it together and bake in a cake pan until browned. It’s quite delicious. Cream soda is awesome; I need to pick some up this week. Mmm. I have never tried sarsaparilla. I must try it as well. Very pretty diamond bangle and yellow diamond ring. Glad to hear your mom is doing pretty well and her groin pain has stopped.

Junebug, I think your part of the nation is getting more snow than we are. I think this kind of weather is a good reason to be sluggish. We never stuck out nose out of the house today. I did finish my “chores” tonight but I was mostly lazy today other than cooking and doing dishes; Marty frowns on not getting fed. He doesn’t complain about my cooking but that doesn’t prove I’m a good cook - he’ll eat almost anything. I am no help on your ring project; I like them all. Sometimes you just have to eat chocolate, right? I recently read that chocolate helps your memory; I don’t believe it or I’d have a photographic memory.

Ovi, I hope your headache is better. Ugh that your ex and his parents showed up last night. At least I feel more comfortable that his parents there with him than him coming alone. Pretty bling can always make us smile. So far I haven’t heard of any scheduled trips for Marty; he is working on quite a few projects though. Yard work is months away here but I am glad you got to do some today.

Jimmianne, it’s like a heat wave there for you today. The Neanderthals certainly had to be tougher than me. I have always said if I’d come west on a wagon train they would have left me on the side of the road to die. I would have been constantly whining about the heat, the bugs, the dirt, etc. That cute little owl was just stopping by to say hi.

Callie, you guys are definitely colder than we are, we didn’t end up with much snow though. Has your snow started to melt yet? I will probably give my reviews Tuesday and Wednesday and I’ll let you know how that one goes. I have reached a point where I’d rather just get it done. I am regretting not writing him up for his outburst at his co-worker. That’s hard to buy a new car if the one you have doesn’t really need replaced. I hate to admit it but my last car I traded off in less than 3 years mostly because I didn’t like the color. I’d bent a wheel in a snowstorm (went over a cement block I didn’t see in a snowdrift), got hit backing up in a parking lot and the guy who did it took off and then got sideswiped (hit and run) at the hospital all within 6 months so I decided it was snake bit and traded it. This was all during the few months my mom was in the hospital then hospice so I think it was also some shopping therapy for me too.

All this talk about yellow diamonds makes me want one now. Like I needed help finding more things to add to my wish list.

I made waffles for breakfast (plus made Marty some sausage) then for lunch I made crock-pot mac and cheese, meatloaf and veggies. Supper was raid the frig or pantry. I feel like I was in the kitchen all weekend.

Well tomorrow I have to venture out in the icy world and go to work. Rats.

Laters,
Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Missy, I hope you had a good visit with your parents and your mother is feeling ok and doing well. That is so great that her groin pain is better, I'm happy for her. Hopefully it wasn't too cold out, we hit 37 today in South Jersey and it felt downright balmy to me lol! Yes, I do remember the issues with the seller of the ring, that was discouraging. Your bangle is beautiful! My husband has suggested in the past that I get a traditional tennis bracelet but I know I'd get more use out of a bangle style like yours. I also like the Whiteflash bangle. The OEC bangles are gorgeous and different, and that design might work even better for me. Due to budget constraints, my yellow diamond will be on the small side ;( but I'm hoping the halo gives it some oomph! And I'm actually not that far from Lambertville! About an hour, and I have been there several times. Hmm, some shopping might be in our futures, or at least some serious browsing haha! And yes, I'm the same as you, I have so much more energy and desire to do things when it's warm outside, this cold weather just makes me want to hibernate. Looking forward to warmer temperatures. I'll take 45 degrees at this point!

Ovi, thank you so much for your input, as I just said to Missy my diamond will have to be small, I'm aiming for as close to 6 mm as I can get and I've been focusing on cushions. Most diamonds I've been looking at are around .90 to 1.05 carats. After looking at prices and comparing sizes, I'm starting to wonder if I'll really be getting that much of a bigger stone if I go with an XY, especially since it's being set in a double halo anyway. But I actually do love that soft, pastel shade of yellow so I don't know, it might be an option to go with a lighter shade, because I can get a slightly larger stone (just not that large lol!) I really appreciate your advice, and I agree that a lot of this comes down to personal preference and the performance of each individual diamond. Thanks Ovi, you've been a big help!

I can't believe your ex and his parents barged in on you like that! :angry fire: That is just so rude, inconsiderate, and strange. I will be so glad for you when this chapter of your life is completely over and you can just be free of him and live a normal and peaceful life.

I hope your headache is better - and I don't think you are being superficial at all by being cheered up by your new bling - that's what bling is for! I'm glad you have something to make you smile and pick your spirits up a bit.

Calliecake, thanks for your input too - yes, the idea of a pale yellow color against the white diamonds does sound so pretty. I'm starting to think I would prefer that over a more intense yellow. I know what you mean - I should be getting the bangle bracelet instead of another ring lol! I'd be saving money too. :sick:

Jimmianne, I love owls and that little guy is so cute! How cool he was just hanging out there - thanks for the pic, it made my day! Love the pic of Blodwed too, she is gorgeous and looks so delicate and elegant! Sounds like this cold weather has most of us in the doldrums. Can't wait for spring when we all feel a little more like ourselves.

Hope everyone is having a good night, will check in soon!

eta - Hi Marcy, I guess we were posting at the same time! All this talk about yellow diamonds and bangle bracelets is going to make me dream about them lol! I'm the same as you - my head is spinning because I like everything I see! I'm really no good at this jewelry shopping. Sounds like you and I had a pretty similar Sunday - did the bare minimum and called it a day. :cheeky: Please be careful tomorrow dealing with the ice, I think it can be more treacherous than snow.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning ladies!

Jimmianne, love the owl photograph. He/She is so beautiful and I love the backdrop too. I have always loved the bare trees in winter as I think it is a haunting but beautiful look if that makes sense. I think all seasons have their beauty even if I am not in love with the temperature some seasons bring.

How is your skin doing? I remember you wrote it was acting up a few weeks ago and I hope it has calmed down now.

Callie, the visit with my mom went well. She is already walking (with a cane)! I cannot believe it! Very different than my surgery and I am so happy she is doing so well so fast. Fingers crossed it continues!

Kato's leg surgery was botched according to the rescue people but he is out of pain and can walk so that is the main thing. I don't like to think what he went through and just hope he is having a wonderful present and future and doesn't remember the past. And we are not adopting more cats (at least not any time soon). I was just dreaming...

Marcy, your angel food cake with pineapple sounds divine. :bigsmile: (haha get it but it really does sound yummy). I am with the other girls. Every time I read your posts I start getting hungry lol.

I totally understand shopping therapy when you are dealing with serious issues Marcy. I think we all do. (((Hugs))).

Hope your morning commute is an easy one and that the ice has been cleared. Drive safely and have a good day.

Junebug, we go to Lambertville (and our favorite antique jewelers) 4 times a year usually (once each season) but 2014 we only went twice due to my accident. So we are due! Though I won't be going till my skin gets somewhat better as I do not want to scare those lovely ladies at the shop. I miss them and their jewelry. There are some other cool stores in Lambertville too. We really enjoy going there and then we used to drive a short distance and have dinner at the Black Bass Inn. It has been a while though given all that has happened. I cannot wait to go back.

The temp felt great yesterday I agree. A balmy 37 hahaha. Funny! I just wore my short jacket and was very comfortable. Unlike today as it is freezing outside and will be for the rest of the week I believe.

Whatever yellow diamond halo ring you choose it will be beautiful. I cannot wait to see what you decide and shopping can be half the fun. I love a good hunt. Ovi could be a good help to you being knowledgeable about yellow diamonds and all and I am looking forward to hearing more about your search and what you find Junebug. A yellow cushion sounds lovely. A little bit of sunshine to carry around with you always. Very excited for you!

Ovi, I am sorry about what happened and sending you big hugs for a better today. Things will work out sweetie and it's just the road is rough for you right now. We are all here for you on your side and sending good thoughts and love your way.

I woke up and have 6 (maybe more as I cannot bear to look at my face again right now) new huge hive like red bumps all over my face of course because I have a dental appointment this morning. I wanted to cry but not a great option so I have to laugh. I did not want to wear makeup today (and was able to go out yesterday without any makeup on at all) but now have little choice as I cannot go out like this. I don't know what happened. I went to bed and it was not too terrible and I woke up and there they were. Angry big bumps all over my face. Scary. OK sucking it up and going to the dentist. I cannot neglect my teeth as much as I want to and also it would not be right to cancel last minute as much as I so want to do right now.

Have a good day and hope to chat with you guys later. :wavey:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs, I've been off PS for a while because I've been trying to be checked in with the family and kids and just doing everything that needs to be done. Once you start down that path it seems never ending. Projects and chores all over the house and staying focused on doing what needs to be done instead of jumping on PS cause I just don't want to/can't deal with it all. For some reason I'm not dying for anything from a jewelry standpoint either, no itch for a project to be in progress. However, that may be due to the fact that we absolutely need the money for other projects and unexpected expenditures that are not optional. I'm glad I bought my pieces when I did because it would be really hard to get them now. And I am especially glad I stuck with classic pieces, studs, tennis bracelet and e-ring and did not blow too much on stacking bands, etc. The thing I miss most is this thread and all you wonderful women. I am glad everyone seems ok. Sorry I have not read through all the pages since I posted.

Missy I am sorry your mom needed hip surgery. The thought scares me too for my parents. I am glad she is on the mend. Hope she feels better every day. How has work been? Staying on? How is your face? Have the bumps faded? Good for you for braving the weather to get the teeth cleaned. Maintenance but must be done. :).

Marcy glad you are surviving the snow and cold weather. I realized that for many in the US, extreme cold and snow is the norm. Going out with ease and safely is a luxury. Thus, that is why your home should be as comfy and lovely as you want it cause you spend so much time there. Thus I thought about Marty's man cave. :). How did that all turn out? Is he enjoying everything?

Ovi, you are graciousness itself for allowing a visit with your ex and his parents. I'm glad that you aren't too upset over the whole thing. I am amazed and glad that his mother was not a nightmare to deal with. Maybe she knows how crazy her son is and is amazed he ever got a great person like you to marry him. Sorry I didn't respond to your email before. I meant to and then I couldn't find it. I will email you separately.

Callie how are you? How did e-ring hunting with your niece turn out? Did she find something that would work?? Sorry if you talked all about this already. Otherwise how are you? Have you bought any new king lately?? How was it being back in Chicago after your west coast trip?

Junebug, how are you? How is your mom doing? I hope you find the perfect yellow diamond. That would be such a happy purchase! How would you set it?

Jimmianne your pic of the owl is awesome!! How lucky you got such a good shot! You are yet another cold weather survivor. I'm impressed. I stayed home for all the late afternoon today making my kids clean and I made the whole family crazy. But I cannot leave everything sitting for ages. Kids tend to be hoarders of junk and I literally have to train them to throw things away, or donate. So much stuff sits around unused collecting dust.

kristie, I've been doing better. Don't worry about me. I'm a doer. So keeping busy has been a heathy solution . Can you post some pictures of the stones you are working on? Would be cool to see. What ended up happening with the gem show? Did you make any nice buys? Is it in the pages before?

I am just trying to figure out a happy medium for spending time on PS and time for everything else. I wish we all had a text group. Then we could just post thoughts and be caught up all the time. :). It's weird that I am not jewelry obsessing right now. I did visit Lang antique in the city thinking about getting a little oec e-ring to wear on days I don't want to wear my big ring and found I don't love small versions. It's the big honkers that I like and certainly cannot afford. Lol! Oh well, I will focus on the next big anniversary, which is a long ways away.

I have missed chatting with you all. Stay safe and warm!

Xoxo, llj

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Ladies!

Junebug, I don’t think you can go wrong with any of your jewelry options. Bangles are so pretty and classy looking. A yellow diamond in a halo ring will be like having sunshine on your finger. Either one would be a great addition to your jewelry collection. Hurry up warm weather, huh?

Missy, that is fabulous your mom is walking with a cane already. Angel food cake is divine; LOL. That is very funny. I am so sorry to hear you have big old hive bumps on your face. Hugs to you, I hope they are better tonight. I wish they could figure out what is triggering all this stuff on you.

LLJsmom, family, projects and stores are certainly never ending. PS is a good relaxing break from life though. I think we did make our home too comfy; I hate to leave anymore on cold, snowy days especially when Marty is home. Marty’s man cave and exercise room are nice. He is looking to get a door and maybe something for the walls in his exercise room. Our basement is pretty cold compared to our main floor. He was looking around Lowes tonight for ideas. Take some time to relax and stay safe and warm.

I had a busy day. I gave 4 of my 5 appraisals and the one I was dreading went strangely well. He just said okay and he said he is working hard at his people skills already. I told Marty tonight he’s probably going to want to talk to me in a day or two with a long list of things he wants to argue with me about.

We went out for supper today and then went shopping. I got a new Kitchenaid stand mixer. We bought the aqua one. I got an extra bowl and the spatula beater they have for it which is what led to me buying a new mixer in the first place. I am going to give my old mixer to a lady at work. While wandering around Bed, Bath and Beyond I started looking at china and now I want new plates. We have some stoneware that's about 10-12 years old, the bottoms are getting chipped. They are really deep plates so they take up a lot of room in the cupboards and dishwasher. I liked a Lenox pattern called Larabee Road by Kate Spade. It's white with platinum colored polka dots.

Take care!
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning!

Marcy, I'm with you. The cold snowy days are perfect for staying home and under the covers till late morning IMO and not for leaving early going to work. If only we could have a universal work rule about that lol.

Marty's man cave sounds like a wonderful refuge from it all for the both of you. I wonder how you can get it warmer though. Could you install a gas fireplace? That might make it cozy but no clue how much work is involved in doing that.

I am glad your appraisals went well at work especially with the person you were concerned about and I hope he doesn't start arguing about it in a few days. Maybe he really is working on his people skills and maybe something you told him is finally beginning to sink in. It can happen especially with such great direction from you Marcy.

The very first gift I bought Greg (while we were dating) was a bright red kitchen aid stand mixer. It was for Valentine's Day so very appropriate for the man who loved to bake and who had already started baking and cooking his way into my heart. I remember that thing was so heavy and I tried taking it from Bloomingdales instead of having it delivered hahaha. Big mistake but alls well that ends well. How nice of you to give your old one to someone at work.
Aqua is a beautiful color and I didn't know they offered that color now. Pretty! I cannot wait to hear what you are going to make with the new one. I won't come to this thread hungry though or I will be in trouble lol.

The polka dot Kate Spade Lenox sounds lovely. Is that the pattern you are going to get?

LLJsmom, it's great things are going so well and I agree that the long list of things to do never ends. And the larger the family the more to do. I am very glad that you took the time to drop in and say hey. We miss you but totally understand you must prioritize so whenever you want to stop by we are here for you!

I think we go through cycles regarding what we want and there are some periods in our life where we want more than we do at other times and that can pertain to anything obviously not just jewelry. I went on a boot rampage but I feel I am finally calming down regarding the boots (I sure hope so lol). I am not sure what my next project(s)/obsession will be be but I know I will enjoy the hunt. For me that is a big part of the fun. I agree having all the classic pieces in your jewelry wardrobe goes a long way in satisfying your wants and you will always look fabulous wearing them!

Hope everyone else is doing well and enjoying the week. I have a dermatologist appointment this morning and then back to work tomorrow. Have a good day! :wavey:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NIRDIs!!

I hope everyone is staying warm and upright :bigsmile:

Chocolate Kahlua Cake
1 pkg chocolate cake mix (triple fudge, German chocolate, whatever)
1 pkg (3-3/4 oz) vanilla or chocolate instant pudding mix
2 C sour cream
4 eggs
3/4 C oil
1/3 C Kahlua
6 oz chocolate chips
Combine cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, eggs, oil and Kahlua---mix until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into well greased and floured bundt pan (I use Baker's Secret spray). Make sure the bundt pan is big enough for the amount of batter (I use a Williams Sonoma cathederal bundt, I also used their rose which was too small). Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until tests done. Once cooled and upended, you can dust with powered sugar if desired.

Missy, that bangle is fabulous! Is the FCD also yours or was that a jewelry store try-on/pic? It sure is saturated :appl:

Jimmieanne, I love your little owl, how cool is that? I bet Puff was saying "SHUT THE WINDOW!" How is Puff, we need more information, how is his vocabulary coming along?

Ovi, 10 PM at night? Anyone comes knocking in the US at 10 PM unannounced are met with shot gun round being chambered :angryfire: Time to move/no forwarding address!!! THE NERVE.

Callie, what's shakin'? How is your sweet dog?

Marcy, have the skies been clear at night? What a great interest, it definitely puts our problems here on The Marble into perspective.

LLJs, I'm glad all is well and you're chugging right along. Its a good thing I don't live near Lang Antiques, I've been there a few times both on business trips to SF and with my godmother who lives in Los Gatos. I always forget to bring my drool cloth. Of course the times I was there I was "underfunded." There is a purple sapphire ring that is on their website right now that is my size and that of course means I must have it but its a tad overpriced and that is holding me back, that and I don't know that I like the setting all that much.

Junebug, are you poised on a blingie purchase? Is your trip around the corner?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kristie! That cake recipe looks DELICIOUS! And I am sharing that with Greg you can bet on that. :lickout:

I wish that yellow diamond was mine. :love: No, just the bangle is mine and I got that at my favorite estate jewelry store in Lambertville. That yellow diamond was almost mine and thank goodness PSers talked me out of it and that I had the good sense to listen. That jeweler (in New Hope) was taking me for a ride on the price and I learned my lesson and have not been back to visit her since. She lost my good business but that's OK. Lesson learned and I am wiser for it thanks to PS.

So I saw my derm today and he said (unsolicited by me) that he has never seen my face looking like this (i.e. so bad) since he has been treating me over the last 15 or so years and that it is classic rosacea. He still feels optimistic I will improve and to give the Oracea another 4-6 weeks but in the meantime he prescribed Soolantra (topical Ivermectin) and also oral Ivermectin for me to start taking now. The reason he prescribed the oral is because unfortunately we both don't think I will be able to tolerate the topical though topical is safer and more practical for long term usage.

I forgot to ask him but will at my visit next month if we can perhaps have a compounding pharmacy make up topical for me without the added bad ingredients like parabens, sulfates, propylene glycol etc. All that stuff they put in the topical meds which makes little sense to me as the market they are appealing to are people with sensitive/reactive/bad skin yanno?

Also we have Accutane as our next potential med to try though I am nervous as my rosacea skin is not an ideal candidate for this med. However my derm is confident I would be OK at the low doses he would prescribe for me. So we shall see.

I feel a bit discouraged but I hope David is right and that I will eventually improve but I know him well and this was the first time he ever seemed unhappy about the way my skin was doing. I asked him about patch testing and he said we are not at that point yet. I forgot (LOL) that he runs the largest patch testing clinic in NY (maybe the country?) and I cannot believe I even entertained having it done at Cornell Weill/NY hospital haha. He doesn't know I got a second opinion or that they recommended patch testing.

David told me he would like me to not be so restrictive with my diet as he doesn't believe it is doing anything one way or another to my skin. I am reluctant to believe that but I know he is smart so I am thinking about what he said. He just doesn't feel I need to stop eating dairy/chocolate/gluten etc as it is not making a difference and to what end is it affecting my quality of life? I feel it is a small price to pay if it is helping but David doesn't think it is. I don't see the harm in continuing not to eat these foods and just seeing how it goes. I mean most of those foods aren't good for us anyway right? But I am going to add fruit back in because I took it out due to the sugars and probably that wasn't a great idea as fruit in moderation is good for us. I mean we need some sugar!

I hope all you lovely ladies are enjoying the day and staying warm. (((Hugs))).

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, It seems as though everything you've been going through since starting this thread has required much more patience than should be required. Obviously you come from strong stock : ) ... point-in-fact...your Mom is walking already!
Here's a bling to cheer you - I think there may even be a kitty version, but this would definitely be good for the "one carrot and under" thread. _t2ec16zhjf8e9nnc8hqebqlz1u_i____60_1.jpg

It started snowing here at dawn and has continued. "They" promised it would stop at 11am. Nope. Pretty though.
This weather continues to give me awful diamond and sweets cravings, so I have been eating tons of Dagoba New Moon Dark while considering an OEC upgrade. By selling my ACA last week I have funds in my diamond account, so the hunt is on. I wish I could get PSers help with deciding ... perhaps after I put the ones I'm interested in on hold so there is no confusion.

Any NIRDs thinking of going to Las Vegas? :appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry your skin is flaring up Missy, I'm hoping that the additional medication your derm prescribed will help a little. You are in good hands, I just wish your skin would start improving! As for your diet, I'd say that's totally your call - if you're ok with your current diet, I don't see any reason to change. But on the other hand, sounds like it would be fine to treat yourself once in a while to foods you've been avoiding. I'm so glad your mom is up and walking! It's great that she is recovering so well, I'm sure its 'a relief to you and you family that she's making progress so quickly.

As for the ring, I've been looking on DBL and Leibish for stones; DBL seems to have lower prices - and honestly I'm getting a headache trying to compare sizes, prices, color, etc. I'm finding diamonds that seem comparable to one another, but one will be more expensive and I'm not sure why - cut maybe? There are a few finished rings I'm looking at. And I wish Ovi could help me, but as a trade member she can't comment on other vendors goods! ;(

This one is pretty much what I'm looking for - soleste style, decent size stone, nice finger coverage. It's a FY. I think the setting is cast,which I'm fine with. Just trying to figure out if the price is reasonable. I found a similar stone on Leibish for $5800.

http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/loose-yellow-diamond-93ct-fancy-yellow-vs1-cushion-cut-gia-beautiful-stone-r5157

This setting is hand forged, so more expensive than cast. The stone is XY but color looks vibrant in pics. Maybe not as much finger coverage as the other one? Although diamond is a bit bigger. The setting is low - I think I like the first setting better. And the first ring is a FY, so might be a better value in the long run.

http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/yellow-diamond-ring-114ct-y-z-internally-flawless-cushion-cut-gia-lovely-stone-r5799

I'm finding pretty stones, but they measure smaller than I would like. I want to get close to 6 mm. I keep going back to this diamond, looks sparkly, pretty color, and I like the shape - it's a YZ. I could have it set in that first setting (need to check on setting price, that's an unknown right now) It's a little larger than most I'm seeing.

http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/loose-yellow-diamond-122ct-y-z-vs1-cushion-cut-diamond-gia-r6080

I think this Mark Broumand ring is really pretty - but he uses cups in his settings, and I'd like to be able to clean the stone.

http://www.markbroumand.com/223ct-fancy-yellow-radiant-cut-diamond-engagement-ring__2702-1d5654281/

So yeah, all over the place! Hope I didn't bore everyone - if anyone would like to offer an opinion, I'm all ears!

LLJsmom, it's great to hear from you! I remember the days of having young kids, I know how crazy it can get and how busy you must be, so I definitely understand needing to take time to focus on your family. I'm hoping you're putting aside a little time for you though! It's funny how our desire for bling comes and goes - for a long time I really didn't want anything in particular, and now I have this obsession with a yellow diamond! Thanks for asking about my mother, she's doing ok and I'm plugging along fairly well right now. No news is good news at this point lol

Marcy, your new mixer sounds nice! Aqua is a great choice, love that color. And I googled the china and that pattern is really pretty! I'm glad the appraisal you were worried about ended up going ok, that's always such a relief. Hopefully he won't make another appearance to argue with you lol.

Kristie, I am definitely making that cake! Thank you for the recipe, sounds so yummy. Langs has some drool-worthy bling for sure. And…the ring is in your size! That's a sign it's meant to be yours! :D

Jimmianne, I am feeling the same way as you these days - this frigid weather is making me crave sweets and bling! In desperation I ate all the m&ms out of my husband's trail mix the other night, for goodness sake. :oops: How exciting you're in the market for an OEC! Maybe you could share your choices here, once you've narrowed them down. Love the bunny ring, it's adorable!

Hope everyone's having a good night!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Junebug---I don't like the last ring---it's somehow 'busy' looking to my eye, it doesn't have the cohesive quality that the prior rings had. Just my eye, though. Those yellow diamonds, man they are so special. How fun!!!! Can't wait to see your hand shots in SMTB!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, wouldn’t that be nice to set a temperature limit and if it’s colder than that everyone just stays home and gets paid. Who do we contact to get this started? Maybe a twitter account? I honestly think our best bet on the basement is to have some HVAC guy come look at it and see what they think. Maybe another furnace for the basement?

I am sure I haven’t heard the last thing from my employee about his appraisal. Everyone is supposed to go in to our system and acknowledge they received their appraisal. He was the only one who didn’t do that today. He left at noon for the day too. I have a feeling since he didn’t acknowledge it today he is going to complain to someone about it.

I bet Greg loves his red kitchen aid mixer. I was kind of surprised Marty preferred the aqua over red. It doesn’t look like they have the lifetime warranty anymore but I’m not concerned that I’ll have problems with it. I had Marty pick up a cake mix today so I’ll brew that up this weekend.

I do really like that polka dot pattern but I want to look at some more patterns. Maybe we’ll go to Macy’s; there is one about 50 miles from here. I can’t believe the price of soup bowls. They are about double the price of the dinner plate.

I am glad the dermatologist has some new ideas for you to try. Being a person with lots of food allergies I think as persistent as this has been for you food may not be the culprit. I have bad reactions from medicine but most of my hives from food only last a day or two. Of course I know your rosacea is a lot more serious than a little reaction to food. I will cry my fingers and toes the new meds help.

Kristie, your cake sounds absolutely delicious. I just saved it to my hard drive. I should make that as my project with my mixer. We had very clear skies today; the sunset was really red and orange tonight and I wandered out to see Venus and Mars. Snow is coming back tomorrow though.

Jimmiane, that ring is adorable. It is perfect for the “one carrot and under” thread. LOL. Marty always says we can go to the PS GTG in Vegas. I’ll have to see how it goes on vacations this year. Are you thinking of going? Have you gone before?

Junebug, I can’t say I have a favorite in any of the links you posted. They are all so pretty. I love how fabulous the yellow diamond looks surrounded by white diamonds. I’ll be dreaming about those beauties. Glad to hear your mom is doing okay. I am not sure Marty is totally okay with polka dot dishes but he seemed agreeable to the pattern last night. I have a feeling I will be hearing from that employee sooner than later on his rebuttal. This reminds me that although I document things I need to document things more.

Marty cooked some steaks on the grill for supper (yes it was nice enough today for that) and I made rice to go with it. Marty went grocery shopping for us today so I made a plate of raw veggies to munch on while supper was cooking.

Have a great evening. I’m off to google Langs Antiques. Sounds like that could be bad for me.

Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Jimmianne, I LOVE that ring. OMG so cute. Marcy, it is right up your (killer) bunny alley, dontcha think? Hmm, maybe if we could get one custom with a bear on the other side it would be perfect for you...

Ooh Jimmianne, that is the perfect combo. Dark chocolate and OEC's. :love: If only we could live on that diet LOL. So excited about your diamond fund and congrats on selling the ACA. Please post whatever you are considering and I am sure you will get some good advice and opinions. We PSers have our opinions as you know haha.

Ha, yes we are made of strong stock but still there are times I feel overwhelmed. At least with my leg by month four I was seeing lots of improvement and progress and feeling optimistic. This skin issue is getting me down and does make me feel like hiding from the world. I have to go to work today and truthfully I just want to get through the workweek to get to the weekend so I can just be home and not deal with facing people. Sad but true. Not gonna lie. So not so strong I guess. Going to suck it up and move forward until I just can't anymore.

Junebug, if you want to you can contact me here.
http://loupetroop.com/listings/other/for-rainwood-and-aztonie

The rings you posted by DBL are pretty but not sure and think you can do better. And I agree with Kristie that the last ring is "busy" and the proportions don't look quite right to me.

Here are a few others. A few of these rings are smaller than you want but I think some of these are lovely and just sharing them for comparison's sake.

http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/loose-yellow-diamond-50cty-z-vs2-cushion-cut-gia-stunning-stone-r5898

and here's something different. Not sure this is up your alley but just to take a look.

http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/yellow-cushion-cut-diamond-51ct-fancy-yellow-vs1-cushion-cut-great-color-r4609

http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/yellow-diamond-ring-45ct-fancy-yellow-si1-cushion-cut-gia-double-halo-ring-r5464

I know you are not looking for a pear but this one is so pretty I had to include it.
http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/loose-yellow-diamond-149ct-y-z-si2-pear-shape-gia-beautiful-stone-great-price-r5778

and lastly from DBL here is my favorite so far but not sure of your price range. I like the proportions of the halo to the diamond but it is a cushion.

http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/loose-yellow-diamond-125ct-fancy-light-yellow-vvs2-cushion-cut-gia-amazing-sparkle-r4987

I know nothing about yellow diamonds and just sharing what I think is pretty. Have you posted in the colored stones section yet? Those ladies are very knowledgeable.

When I have more time (after Thursday) I will also search other sites besides DBL. You want to widen your search and not be limited by one vendor just to make sure you find the perfect ring for you. Even if you end up getting a ring by DBL at least you would have explored all your options and to that end contact me if you want as I can share someone's email with you off the boards for more educated advice if you kwim.

Marcy, your HVAC plan sounds like your best bet. I just wasn't sure if you were willing to invest the time and money but it's the best way to go. We are going to add another a/c and heat zone to our attic eventually. Worth the expense.

I want to make a huge walk in clothing and shoe closet in the attic and we can also add some of our exercise equipment there when the time comes to move because all my exercise equipment will not fit into the exercise room I have at the beach house. LOL not even close and I already have 2 treadmills and a huge elliptical in the beach house exercise room now.

There is also a dire need for more clothing space at the beach house despite my walk in closet there now. So I have big plans for the attic and need the HVAC installed before I implement these plans.

I would LOVE an indoor pool but as usual Greg is being practical. :rolleyes: and says we cannot put an indoor pool in our attic as the weight would be too much. So difficult at times yanno? :cheeky: So closet, exercise area and a pool table. I have always wanted a pool table since I grew up with one when I was a child. I haven't played for years and would like to start again. :appl: That's what I plan for the attic when we move there full time. Unless I can somehow change Greg's mind re the indoor lap pool I want. :Up_to_something:

Kristie, Hey, how are you doing? I have been meaning to talk with you but feeling a bit down re skin issues so please forgive me for not contacting you. I am trying to keep a positive attitude and realize it is *just* my face and could be a whole lot worse. Believe me I know that so keeping it in perspective and being upbeat to the extent I can. It's just been going on for so long and sometimes what you can endure for a short period of time is very different when you are dealing with it for the long haul. As David said to me yesterday he has never seen my face this bad over all the years he has known me and that resonated with me in a sad way.

Callie, LLJsmom, Sarah (how are you and hoping you are getting stronger each day), Ovi, missing you guys and hoping all is well.

Also, a shout out to Rainwood. I am thinking of you and hoping you are well and sending hugs your way. (((Hugs))).

r4987-canary-diamond-ring-c.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy,
I had a couple of ductless mini-split AC/heaters installed last year when I added on to my house and they are quite effective. [Main part of house has heat pump and I like the splits better]. I added an "Endless Pool" on one side of my tiny farm house and a mud room on the other that have thick concrete floors for solar benefits, so the ductless was a great choice. I also use an oil filled space heaters in Puff's room and a fake electric woodstoves in my kitchen.
It looks real and even more so with the dogs napping in front of it : )

Missy,
I signed up for Las Vegas. I travel so little that my daughter was shocked speechless when I said I was flying to Las Vegas for a party haha
What a cool Mom she has. lol In truth I hate to travel/fly and getting the farm ready for sitters is a completely nerve wracking experience.
But I missed going last year when everyone was talking about it so think it would be wonderful for many reasons. ESPECIALLY if I got to meet some of you in person!

Junebug,
As I've been looking at those DBL yellows I'm getting a craving for a pink halo. Fell in love with this one and can't help wondering what it would be like in person, but I doubt it will have the sparkle you are looking for. I just like the facet pattern.
r5170-pink-antique-diamond-ring.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, just want to send a big hug your way, I know your skin has been getting you down, and I admire you for plugging along and just doing your best in dealing with this difficult and emotional situation. Believe me, I get that it is a really hard thing for you.

And thank you so much for your input! Your suggestions are lovely and I think I have looked at all of them and seriously considered some of them lol - I'll go back and check them all out carefully. What is it about the rings I posted that you don't like? Is it the double halo setting or the diamonds, or both :D ? My problem is I really want to have a decent amount of finger coverage and I do like the double halo design for that. And I would certainly be up for exploring other vendors! I've been sticking with DBL and Leibish because others on PS have used them, and their stones are GIA certified. But I am certainly open to other options. Oh yeah, budget - I'd really like to stick to the $8000 - $9000 range.

I don't know much about yellow diamonds either - but according to my reading it seems color is the most important aspect of a yellow diamond, and the more intense the color, the more valuable the stone. So fancy yellow diamonds are more valuable (and more expensive) than XY diamonds. Cut is important to the degree it affects the diamond's color - asets and other performance tools don't even seem to be used with yellow diamonds. That's why I'm looking at GIA stones, I'm assured of the proper classification. As Ovi mentioned, it seems to me that a big component in choosing a yellow diamond is how pleasing it is to the eye in terms of color and sparkle (faceting and cut). So personal preference enters into the decision.

I know that the rings I cited might look kind of ostentatious and gaudy, but I think they will have a more delicate appearance IRL. Here is a DBL ring owned by Wintotty (she has since sold it) and I think it's comparable to the first ring I posted. Her diamond is .79 Fancy Yellow cushion, measures 5.93x4.80 so similar in size to the diamond in the ring I posted. I think the main difference is her setting is .61 ctw and the one I posted is .80, so melee are probably a tad bigger, but not by much. I think her ring is showing less metal, so hers might have a more delicate look because of that. :read:

Again, thanks for you suggestions and help, I don't want to take over your thread too much with this, I feel really bad about that, so if I get the energy maybe I'll start a thread in RT or CS. But please post any other contenders from other vendors if you find something! And I will contact you for that info, thanks!!!!

Jimmianne, that ring is beautiful! But unfortunately out of budget! Yes, that stone is cut to resemble an antique stone and the faceting is lovely, I guess DBL is getting into that market - the ones I'm looking at are modern cushions, with more of a crushed ice appearance. I've considered getting an XY color AVC, but since my ering is an OEC I was kind of wanting a more modern look for this ring. But I'm not ruling anything out at this point haha. Please post anything else you might come across! And how exciting you are heading out to Vegas! Woo-hoo, I'm excited for you!

Hope everyone is having a good Wednesday!

img_7196.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1424883431|3838020 said:
Jimmianne, that ring is beautiful! But unfortunately out of budget! Yes, that stone is cut to resemble an antique stone and the faceting is lovely, I guess DBL is getting into that market - the ones I'm looking at are modern cushions, with more of a crushed ice appearance. I've considered getting an XY color AVC, but since my ering is an OEC I was kind of wanting a more modern look for this ring.
Over my budget too! Hard to keep feet on the ground with this pretty stuff. I actually called David about it and then had to talk myself down off the cliff : )

A huge snow storm headed this way! Since it's 40 degrees and sunny it's hard to imagine.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Girls, I hope everyone has been doing well. I tried to catch up this morning on all that I have missed.

Missy, I'm so sorry you face is still acting up and can completely understand that it has been getting you down. You and my. Juice have so match in common regarding the skin issues. The doctor basically told her that he thought she would be a perfect candidate for a case study because her skin had been perfect up to these past 6 months when all hell broke loose with it. She called me in tears describing how she felt when they showed her the up close pictures of her skin a year ago. She said it was like looking at someone's skin that had been airbrushed, it was so perfect looking. Then the huge bumps, redness, scaling, itching and everything else happened. I also understand why you want to continue with your diet. It may not have an effect but it may also be helping somewhat. If you feel it's beneficial to continue on the diet, I would definately do what you are doing. Hopefully you will have a cancellation at work this week so you can use the time to get caught up. I'm sure you boss has you booked solid....and you worried about him wanting you back! You are a godsend to this man! Please know I am thinking of you and are here for you if you need ANYTHING. If you can add the giant closet, please do so. You won't be disappointed. It seriously is one of the prettiest rooms in my house. I am going to try to send you a picture of how mine turned out.

Marcy, What did you decided about the dishes? The ones you picked out sound so cute. i believe there are a few things that can be done to keep the basement warm. When we had the space above the garage made into a huge walk in closet room they added heat and air conditioning and the room is very comfortable. You could not be more correct about documenting problems with this employee. When I was working we had an employee from hell who was also extremely intelligent and manipulative. I had a file on this guy that was 2 inches think of just documentation of unsatisfactory behavior. We had a office layoff, laid the guy off and my boss thought that would be the end of it. Fast forward a year and this guy had a huge lawsuit against the company that had I not kept the file would have probably resulted in the former employee winning. Keep dates and times along with detailed information of every incident with this employee.

Junebug, What gorgeous choices for your yellow diamond ring. Have you gone and tried rings on to know what shade of yellow looks best on you? I love the last picture Missy posted and also think the ring Jimmianne posted with the pink diamonds is beautiful. I love that chunky cushion diamond. I prefer white diamond surrounding the stone. All of this is personal opinion. Do you plan on this being a RHR? Just take your time. You will know when you see it. My problem with jewelry is I love too many things and have acted impulsively in the past. Thank goodness I have not regretted the past two rings I have purchased. Nothing is worse then spending a lot of money and not being in love with the ring in the end. Believe me, I have been there more than once. I also wanted to let you know that if you are considering a diamond bangle or tennis bracelet, please make sure you pick one that doesn't snag your clothes. I have a beautiful tennis bracelet that has been in the safety deposit box for 10 years because I have ruined clothes wearing it. How have things been going with your mom? Are you counting the days until you leave for your trip.

Jimmianne, That yellow ring you posted is gorgeous. I love that chunky cushion! I showed my husband the bunny ring. He wanted me to ask you if they made one with 4 carrots! I'm sure that is the only 4 carat ring he is considering for me! :wall: I'll have to get working on changing his mind.

Kristie, How are you doing? Do you have anything exciting going on? It's been a week of family stuff onmy end. My brother is having some health issues that are really worrying me. Unfortunately he and his wife are not taking a very smart approach to them. I've been hearing it all from my mom, multiple times a day and know I can't say a word to my brother which is frustrating. I find it difficult to understand how people can be so irresponsible regarding their health and never question anything their doctors say. It's very easy for me to say this to you, you and I both view a lot of this exactly the same way. I have also learned so much from reading your posts.

Hi LLJsmom, How are you doing. It was truly wonderful to hear from you. Has your friend made any decisions on her ring? I'm kind of where you are regarding jewelry at the moment. The only thing I would really want is either a 4 carat Emerald or 4 carat OEC cut ring. Unfortunately that's not going to happen right now. I'm not too much of a dreamer, am I? I:love: I miss California! The friends we went to California with are now in Hawaii. She has texted everyday telling me we should have gone with them and all the fun things we could be doing there.

OV, How are you doing? I was laughing so hard at Kristie's post about anyone showing up past 10:00 PM unannounced being greeted by a shotgun. I can't get over how rude these people are. Hopefully your are having a good week at work and everything is peaceful for you.
Do you gave any fun plans for the weekend? Dancing?

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Callie:

I went to USC, which was right smack in the middle of the 'hood. Lots of crumbling Victorians all around the university. There would be a block of crack house/crumbling Victorians and then a block of beautifully restored and loved and tended Victorians. So. My good girlfriend and I, dressed to the 9s, were out on a Saturday night, 10 PM, looking for a partay thrown by a housefull of our fellow music majors. So we think we have the right address, but the house is pretty dark and its quiet (the music parties are usually BANGIN). We knock. We hear feet approach the door, then we hear a round begin chambered in a shot gun and the door opens a crack and the double barrel comes out. We back up slowly from the door saying that we have the wrong address, sorry to bother/inconvenience, we'll just be on our way thank you.

:bigsmile:

Then we run!

Your brother, that's hard. He's not discussing this with you, therefore you should have all the benefits of ignorance/bliss. My family loves that kind of triangulation and information brokering :devil: Here's what I learned at Mayo: Outcomes are somewhat variable and you don't want the responsibility of specific recommendations. Hell, most doctors won't give specifics regarding outcomes :roll: and they sure don't want that responsibility on their shoulders. The only 'advice' that won't come back to bite ya is for someone to pick the center of excellence for their malady and then try to find the doc with the best outcomes at that center. Make sure your diagnosis is correct and no mistakes were made by the lab or the radiologists, then get the truth about the options and their courses. Then decide what to do.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kristie,

OMG that story is hysterical. Okay, I'm sure it was scary as all get out when it happened, but how funny now!

Do you mind if I email you privately later today regarding advice? I have your email.

Callie

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results