shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OV and Jimmianne, I don't think Junebug purchased a yellow diamond yet but she's looking at getting one to put in a double halo, Tiffany Soleste style ring.

Jimmianne, If you can swing it, I would get that ring. It's beautiful and not something you see all the time. I'm still kicking myself for not getting one I found three years ago in an antique store. I called a couple of days later and it had sold. I love diamond and ruby rings. Did you just stumble across this one? I swear you find the best things.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Ladies!

Missy, I am glad you are enjoying your new earrings. Marty is better today. It’s nice of our husbands to cook for us and find things we can eat. It can be a challenge sometimes. I hate Thanksgiving because I can’t eat turkey at all and most people use chicken broth in stuffing, potatoes, etc. One time I ate raw veggies and drank. I was pretty chatty that day. I saw pictures online on some of the bays that are frozen there. It looks like Chicago (and poor Callie) is going to get hit with cold and snow. That employee will argue with a signpost so I know when I give him his PA it’s going to take a while. I will get those drops; my eyes have been pretty dry. Thanks! Sorry you had some challenges today. Hugs to you and glad you are being upbeat and strong. Your face will get better but not soon enough. I just had a weird thought; does anyone make spray on makeup? That would be so much less irritation. Of course there is getting it off at night but I can’t invent everything. Hang in there!

Jimmianne, Marty should come chat with us. That would be funny. I met a friend of mine for lunch today and we thought it’d be fun to come here, set in one of the recliners in the man cave and just yell “Beer!” He’d probably just get up and close his office door and call us flakes. It’s hard to avoid looking at and buying bling. That ring is very pretty. Is it on it’s way to you?

Ovi, I am delighted to hear you bought the bag you wanted. Post pictures if you want. I have a handbag weakness myself. That’s great you went salsa dancing. Sounds like a fun night out.

Junebug, I’m glad you are being careful out there on the ice. How exciting to be looking for a yellow diamond ring. I think a yellow diamond is such a pretty color. I think if I wanted a color diamond RHR it would be yellow. I looked at the ones at Tiffany’s last fall. They are delicious.

Callie, too cute your furbaby will do anything for a treat. I am rehearing my answers in my head when I present that guys appraisal. I would really like to say quit acting like a pouty little baby. Agreed – hurry up springtime!

Kristie, it is fun seeing everyone’s great pictures.

Marty got up about 10:30 last night, took more Nyquil and went back to bed. I decided to sleep in one of the spare bedrooms and quickly decided that was a bad call. I couldn’t get comfortable, I didn’t like any of the 4 pillows on the bed, and the room isn’t anywhere near as dark as our room so I hated that. I watched the clock for hours. I think I got 3 hours of sleep. I plan on sleeping in our room tonight.

Marty baked a roast for us for supper. I made veggies, potatoes and gravy when I got home. I might vote for going out somewhere tomorrow. We are getting snow this weekend.

Take care.
Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I hope you're having a good day at work. Is it really windy in NYC today? The wind is brutal here in North Jersey. Hang in there, the weekend is coming!

Jimmianne and Ovi, the ring is just in the planning stages - although my head is already spinning haha! Honestly, there is a competed ring on DBL that I'm considering, I don't think I'm good at putting together these jewelry projects. Of course, that ring is a little over budget :sick:

Calliecake, I'm going with white diamonds, I like the contrast of the white and yellow…although I saw a few all yellow rings on DBL and they look gorgeous. Oh to have unlimited funds for bling lol! You know, it's funny, I was so excited after talking with dh, and now I have moments where I'm second guessing the whole thing! It's a lot of money, more important things to spend money on, do I really need another ring, yadda yadda yadda. But then I'll have a down day I think "the heck with it, I'm getting that ring!" :D

Things at my mother's are going ok - not great, but not terrible either, we're managing pretty well. Thanks for asking - and I haven't really brought up the subject of extra help with my brother :oops: I know he'll balk, so I guess I'm putting it off. But I will definitely bring it up as we get closer to summer, I would like to go away this summer for a bit longer than 3 days.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Ladies!

Junebug, I find the planning stage of jewelry is the most fun. I think the white diamonds with the yellow diamond will look great. I will be anxious to hear how your project comes along. I am glad things are going okay this week with your mom. I understand hesitating to talk to your brother about getting help but working towards that for the summer is a good idea. How many days till your trip next month?

Not much exciting going on here today. I had Marty pick up groceries for us today and he cooked fajitas for supper using the rest of the roast beef from yesterday. Snow is moving in tomorrow night; it sounds like a snowy weekend for us so we’ll probably just stay home and be lazy.

I hope all of you had a great day.

Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning ladies! It's a brisk 3 degrees F here with a windchill of -12.8 degrees!!! So sorry I didn't get to visit here yesterday. It was an exhausting 2 days at work and I was too tired to come onto PS. But I am here now and will make up for it with a long post so hope everyone has their coffee/tea/etc with them and are ready to read... :read:

Jimmianne, thank you for the encouraging words and (((hugs))) back at ya... and also the morning BLING. :love: Ooh love it! That would go so perfectly with my ruby earrings...now what can we say to encourage you to purchase that gorgeous ring. I think you *need* it. Red is the color of warmth and what better symbol to get in the middle of winter. That ring would keep you nice and warm don't you think? :love: Hmmm 18K, is there any room for negotiation there? That ring would look so lovely on your hand Jimmianne!

I know it must be way below freezing by you and I hope you and all the animals are staying comfortably warm and cozy. Did you get any pics of the brief snowstorm you had? I love it when the snow first falls and everything is so quiet and white and pristine looking. Like a whole new world and a whole new beginning full of possibilities.

Ovi, yay! So glad you bought the bag. Pictures please! Are you going to get the boots? You know I think one can never have too many boots. Unless you live in a climate that doesn't go below 80 degrees F that is. That is the only disadvantage IMO of moving to a warm climate like the Caribbean. I would never get to enjoy my boots. :cheeky:

And I am glad things are continuing to improve. It's about time and I hope you are enjoying Salsa dancing with your new partner and all the positive changes in your life. So happy for you! Now I just hope you get rid of that cough completely very soon.

Junebug, I LOVE yellow diamond rings. You may or may not remember I almost bought one before I got my OEC ring. A yellow diamond double halo ring sounds AWESOME and I hope you find the ring of your dreams. OMG I wish I could go ring shopping with you. Any new developments on that front yet? So excited for you!

Yes, it was super windy here yesterday and I think today too. Those wind chills are brutal and I hope we can get a cab today after we get out of the train as we have a lot of walking to do to visit my mom at HSS. More on that below.

I am so glad your visit with your mom went well and I know you are not looking forward to having that chat with your brother but I know you will feel better after doing that with him whenever you decide the time is right. It is so much easier to split the responsibilities as then it is much more manageable for each one of you. (((Hugs))).

Callie, your sweet doggy is one smart doggy that is for sure. In this kind of weather you want your fur baby to go quickly and without any drama. Too cold to be outside for too long. And yes she is so precious and cute that no one would be able to be mad at her for very long no matter what she did. Bring on the treats. I think we all respond pretty well to treats. In our case they are bling related which IMO are some of the very best treats around. :bigsmile:

I am so glad your niece's skin is clearing up well on Accutane. It can really be a miracle drug despite the potential risks. How is your other niece's engagement ring hunt coming along? Any developments on that front?

Kristie, I owe you a lot because you really cheered me up these last few days, thank you. And no, Fred will not be driving anytime soon. The drivers around here are crazy and do not obey the traffic rules and such and well, Fred can be so impetuous and all that it would not be wise to allow him to take the wheel. However, I have high hopes for Tommy. He is much more sensible when it comes to traffic regulations and all. :cheeky: Francesca OTOH would not be caught dead behind the wheel. She knows a good thing when she has it. Sitting on my lap always the whole trip in the car. She refuses to be in a carrier and unless she is on my lap she starts the loudest plaintive crying you can imagine. And she also gets car sick so she will vomit if she is not on my lap. That's right folks, we are crazy cat people and not afraid to show it.

Marcy, I don't eat turkey either but I LOVE thanksgiving because we host it and Greg makes the most delicious food. So while I do not eat turkey I eat the stuffing, the sweet potato dishes, the cranberries, apple pie, pumpkin pie, roasted corn and green bean dish, etc. I LOVE so much about thanksgiving that the only way it could be better is if no one wanted turkey because I feel bad for the poor turkeys. :blackeye:

I am glad Marty is feeling better and hope that your traveling to and from work has not been too difficult on the roads. Is all the ice gone? I am sorry you are expecting snow this weekend. We are warming up I think this weekend and getting rain only. But then I believe we are going back to the frigid temps again. I have 2 doctor appointments Mon and Tues and it is going to be cold going. Oh well. Spring is on its way soon. At least that is what I keep telling myself and the days are getting longer! Woohoo! Very excited about that yes I am.

Spray on makeup-I think it exists Marcy. However I have these little (and not so little) red bumps to cover and I must carefully cover each one with painstaking effort or it will look all wrong. It's hard to cover bumps! Who knew. I really am a no makeup girl when my skin is good because (on me at least) I just like the fresh no makeup look though I do love a dramatic eye. Don't get me wrong. However I never wear lipstick, foundation, blush so trying to cover the bumps is challenging and I am not going to become an expert at it I can see that. I watched some youtube videos and the makeup artist covered a girl's skin that looked even worse than mine and her face was perfect after the application. BUT there is no way I can do that and also it was way too much makeup he put on her face for me to tolerate. The less I need to cover my face the better because it does irritate the redness and bumps.

I tried a few different brands but they all irritate so right now just applying the minimum and only when I am going to work and perhaps when I am going out to a few other places for now. The rest of the time nada on my face. Well except for dabs of zinc oxide powder in the hopes it will heal the bumps. Not sure how that is working for me yet but I don't like looking at my face so covering them with white dabs in the house works for me. LOL I am very lucky that Greg thinks I am beautiful no matter what because I can see where walking around with white spots all over my face might kill the romance and love haha.

Sarah, how are you doing? Thinking of you my dear and hoping each day is better with less and less pain. Once the pain has diminished considerably life seems so much sweeter. ((Hugs)).

Work went well this week and I am glad to be back. And by the big hugs and warm greetings I keep getting I know others are glad I am back too.
Ellen came yesterday afternoon and helped me some more on EMR and I took notes this time so I think I have this down. It will take a lot of repetitiveness for me to be completely comfortable and that will take time because I will only be doing a limited amount of entering patients into the EMR system as I am fully booked and do not have a lot of extra time to do so.

Right now it takes about an hour to do EMR on each patient and I am booked every 30 minutes so I plan on doing EMR when I have no shows and doing paper records for the rest of my patients. In all his infinite wisdom the clinic chief administrator does not want to under book us as we learn the system (which is recommended protocol by the EMR experts as we learn) so that is to our detriment. The less I get to do it the longer it will take me to learn and become comfortable with it and the longer each EMR encounter will take me. But I can only do the best I can within the parameters I am given to work with so there you go.

I am feeling much better about EMR though as a whole and will now say this is not what will cause me to stop working. Now it is all up to how I am feeling leg and skin wise (mainly skin wise) and for that kids I guess we shall see how it goes. I have no predictions (though I do have hopeful expectations that I am still holding onto) and will take it (as usual) one day at a time. My leg does ache after a long day at work and my face feels irritated and itchy but I am like that energizer bunny (Marcy hehehe) and it will take more than that to stop me...I just hope I don't find out how much more that is. I don't want to reach that point. I want to go in the other direction finally and start seeing improvements pretty please!

We have to venture out in the cold today to visit my mom at Hospital for Special Surgery as my mom had hip surgery there yesterday. I didn't share it here because originally she was planning to do it in April when the weather was better because she didn't want my dad driving to visit her when the roads were treacherous. However last week her surgeon's office called her as they had an opening this week and her surgeon thought it would be better than waiting and convinced her. He also said she wouldn't be staying too many days at the hospital unlike the last time she had her hip replaced so my dad wouldn't have to do too much driving back and forth so she agreed.

She initially thought she would need knee surgery (you might remember that she was going to have knee replacement but then she broke her patella this summer and had to wait for that to fully heal. When she first saw the orthopedic surgeon after her patella healed he felt it wasn't her knee rather the hip she had replaced over 11 years ago that was causing her knee to hurt. Let's hope he was right because otherwise she needs knee replacement too.

I have included some comics for your entertainment enjoyment. I have lots more but PS only allows four attachments per post. At least that's the most I can figure out how to add in one post. Enjoy and have a great morning everyone! (((Hugs))) to you all.

Also, sorry for all the edits. I must learn how to read my posts (especially the extra long ones LOL) before I hit submit because there are always so many typos and it drives me nuts. I hope I got them all. Darn autocorrect sucks and causes me more problems than it helps. I am a good speller but a terrible typist and autocorrect does me few favors lol. OK I apologize if I left any typos or any other mistakes...have a good morning. :wavey:

calvin-hobbes-too-cold-outside.gif

calvinandhobbesboogerfreezing.jpg

winter-cartoon.gif

hotflashesgoodinwinterhaha.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I get it...going back to work AND with the change in routine can be exhausting! It's so good to hear that you are back in the swing of things.

It's really cold here as well, which wouldn't be bad if not for the horses. They got "soup" [sweet feed & hot water] three times yesterday and as soon as I get up my courage I'll go out to give them their first serving for today. Thank goddess it's going to be above freezing tomorrow!
As far as that beautiful ring goes - I talked at length with the store yesterday. They were willing to go from 18k to 13k, then I found a gal on Esty who makes a similar style [actually it looks like the exact same ring setting except a different face-pattern] for 7k [and in white gold, under 4K].
il_570xn_120.jpg il_570xn_121.jpg
so..all very interesting.

Stay warm & safe.
Onward!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG Jimmianne, I LOVE that Etsy ring too! And the price is so much sweeter! Truth be told I so love blue sapphires and have wanted blue sapphire antique dangle earrings for so long but have been unable to find just the right pair. That ring is gorgeous. Are you considering getting it?

I hope the horses are OK! I hate the thought of them being uncomfortable and also having you brave the cold to feed them. If only my virtual (((Hugs))) could keep all of you warm and cozy... Glad you are expecting warmer temperatures soon. Bring on the warmth!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Back from the barn! Fine once you get out. The horses are drinking "spa water soup" today since the well is frozen : )
I'm going to enjoy researching rings for a while. Boy, that ruby deco really had me going and now that I've seen rubies & diamonds I'm on a google images roll! I love sapphires & diamonds too. maybe rubies for winter and blue sapphires for summer. :appl:

When are we going to get more photos of your earrings?
I know you're busy but just had to nag.

ps. just went shopping for you and found this. I hope you like it! antique_deco_platinum_2.jpg

and, while shopping I found this.
thanks to the internet I'm finding out all sorts of things. Looks like my "one of a kind" ring isn't ... art-deco-diamond-and-blue-sapphire-engagement-ring-flat-101985.jpg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Girls,

Missy, I hope your mom is starting to feel better after her surgery. Your dad making the drive to and from the hosptial would concern me as well. The weather has been terrible and as they get older falls are always a big concern. I can't believe the admistrator hasn't lightened your patient load while you are learning EMR. You sure were correct when you said he is all about making money. Unbelievable! Your attitude sounds wonderful in regard to working. I hope you are keeping warm. This weather has been brutal! I love your stories about Francesca. She reminds me so much of our furbaby. They are both little princesses!

Jimmianne, I hope you and your animals are keeping warm! The posting of the rings you are finding are just beautiful. I also love sapphires and sometimes feel they are easier to wear than rubies as they tend to go great with almost anything you wear. I can't believe the prices you are finding. It really does pay to look around. I also fell in love with a "one of a kind ring" only to find the darn ring was in many, many stores. What do you think you will do now that you have lots of options? Can the Etsy ring be returned if you aren't happy with the quality of the diamonds? What a fun project!

Junebug, I checked the site and you are correct, they have some beautiful yellow diamonds with halo's. I really think I enjoy the search as much as I enjoy getting the new piece of jewelry. What do you think you will do? I waffle back and forth so much on jewelry lately. I want something new but at the same time I ask myself if I really need another ring. Rings are my downfall. I usually wear the same bracelets, watches and earrings. I have fallen in love with a few rings the past few months and have been glad I didn't rush into anything. I keep waiting for the one I can't live without. Hopefully you won't have too much trouble talking your brother into having someone help care for your mom. You really need to be able to get a break for more than a couple days this summer. You deserve a break and a new ring!

Marcy, Did you give your star employee his review? I can't wait to hear how it went. Try to stay warm and safe the next few days. Hopefully you won't get a lot of snow. Will you be hiding out in Marty's man cave?

OV, Please tell us about your new bag? What did you and Kristie decide about the rings? Any plans to go dancing this weekend?

Kristie, What has been new with you? Are you still cutting your geodes? I have missed your posts!

Sarah, I hope your recovery is going well and you are staying warm!

I'm going to go look at cars this afternoon. Jewelry is so much more fun to shop for!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh Jimmianne, I like it I like it!!! :love:
I have to get cracking on those photos. For some reason I just don't take good jewelry pics but you cannot stop me with the kitty pics. Another constructive morning lol. It took me forever to figure out how to share the photos I just took (first time using iPad for photos) on the iPad with you guys. I think I figured it out...let's see.

Callie, car shopping can be fun! OK spill. What are you getting?
Stay tuned for some more Princess Francesca pics.
These are my first pics with the iPad. Excited to see how they turn out.

Looks like we are not visiting my mom today at least. Greg is buried right now at work and my mom is telling us not to come as it's too brutally cold and she *might* be going home tomorrow and she wants us to visit her there so right now we are not going today. We'll see if that changes as my mom has a way of changing her mind and driving me crazy lol.

francescathefierceprincesspanther.jpg

tommythefiercemochaleopard.jpg

bobbythesnowleopardbecarefulheispsychokitty.jpg

fredthecowkittygrooming.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last kitty pic. Right before I kicked them out of the bedroom this morning. LOL they do take over the bed don't they. :cheeky:

Catch what Bobby is doing LOL so cute.

4wildanimalsovertakingthebedroom.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe pictures of Kitties wearing earrings?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha Jimmianne. Funny. I want you to know I just spent the better part of the hour trying to take ear pics and they suck. Still I would post them here for you because they are better than nothing. HOWEVER I am so frustrated as now I cannot get my iPad pics to send to my computer so I can save them and post. GRRrrr I hate technology!!! It's such a time waster!!!! And I took other pics I promised some PSers and now they are stuck in iPad camera space. :nono:

And just another reason I dislike apple products. They are proprietary and I cannot download to my photo bucket account like I can with my Samsung phone. Easy peasy with my Samsung. Took a couple dozen pics and now they cannot go anywhere. :nono:

I'm not giving up but need to take a break and clean the kitty litter. I don't want them turning on me too lol.

Stay tuned but don't get too excited. I am not only lacking technology/technical skills but picture taking ones as well. :((

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Girls,

Yeah I have been very very bad. I tried being so good so hard for so long but honestly I needed a pick me up or well not one. Bling is always my fave but I have a weakness for let's just see what else; bags, shoes especially sandals whether they are wedges or heels, clothes, perfumes, creams.:))) The list goes on. Missy, I am with sandals like you are with boots, I have so many that some do not get worn more than a couple of times a year and yet every spring or summer I buy at least two new pairs and usually not cheap ones. I adore them and I adore summer, sunshine and the feeling of freedom wearing sandals gives me. No boots for now because I am thinking that in only a few weeks I may be able to wear summer shoes.:))) Perhaps I am being too optimistic but last year we wore sandals in March, this year has been a lot colder though.

Ok, so my new bag, it is unique, green and black, different shades of green, I have a thing for green, apple green dots on short black hair, green patent leather bottom and handles, did I say I also have a thing for patent leather? ROFL.

Another reason is my bling saga that has gone on for days, it is like a hunt I swear and for now I spent a bit much on things for me, bling always defeats everything else. Generally diamonds.

Now, Junebug I will say nothing about yellow diamonds because I cannot be impartial to them, they have always been my absolute favorite and a big part of my diamond collection consists of yellows. My favorite stone is an orange-yellow. Sooo do not ask me because I will surely be an enabler. When it comes to nice yellows, I cannot turn them down. I also feel that you totally deserve one. You have been very unselfish and you are trying to be again. I have often done the same, I think I can last maybe three months without new bling but by then it is killing me. Ok, I try to be good, think that yes money can be spent on so many other things but you know we really do need that pick me up sometimes especially when we are either going through hard times or just pay attention to others instead of also focusing on ourselves and doing things for ourselves. I really do not think you should feel guilty if you do decide to get yourself one thing that makes you happy for once. In fact, you could do many things for yourself.:))) You deserve your vacation too.

Missy, yes I also read your thread and I was sad that we are not yellow diamond sisters.:))) Perhaps one day.

And Jimmianne, seriously, you are killing us with these rings. I cannot decide which my faves are but that diamond and ruby one was a stunner, I have to take a closer look at the others.

I will read everyone's posts and I will be home this weekend so I can post more and talk to everyone hopefully.

I have been thinking that I am doing well and really I am doing well mostly, not saying it is never hard but saying that I feel a weight is lifted a bit, of course the shopping has given me some positive energy surely and cannot always do it but sometimes we all need it, after all we are Girls. Hmm, well, salsa, we have to see how it pans out as far as partners and what not, at the moment I am not pushing anything and definitely not with anyone but being patient with myself. I need to give myself time to heal.

I tell you my spirits are always higher when I do not talk to or meet my ex for a few days.

Write more later and wishing all of you a wonderful weekend.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ovi, I am so glad you are feeling more cheerful! Yes, you must stay away from that poisonous ex of yours please. And I am so happy you treated yourself too! You deserve it! Your bag sounds divine and well maybe one day we will be yellow diamond sisters. Wouldn't that be sweet. I really did like that ring. Maybe Junebug will find the perfect ring and that will satiate us both for a while. :appl:

OK I finally got some of the pics from the iPad. It wasn't easy and you will see it wasn't worth the effort. But I tried my best Jimmianne! It is super difficult to take earring shots on yourself. A big sorry in advance! I am including the ear shot I originally took when I received the earrings because sadly they are still the best pic I got on my ears LOLOL. :oops:

I promise you the earrings are much prettier IRL.

sweetvalentineearrings.jpg

sweetearrings.jpg

badearringpicofvalentineearrings.jpg

_322.jpeg

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Wow Missy, they are so beautiful and they are really YOU. I love those little hearts. I used to be anti-hearts but never say never I really love some of them now. Also very happy for you that you got these earrings and yes you deserve it too! Hahaha I hope it will also satisfy you if Junebug gets a yellow diamond, I wish it was that easy for me. It does satisfy me a great deal when others are happy, do not misunderstand me but unfortunately I need a treat or two every once a while. The problem for me is that once I get started, well, you better watch out, I have a hard time stopping. Ok I got a perfume now I need body oils and bath oils to go with it, ok I got jewelry now I need shoes and clothes to match it, are you seeing a pattern here? And of course I match my outfits to my jewelry. People must think I am crazy but who cares? Now I want to go back and take a look at your kitty pix and posts Missy and saw Callie has posted as well and want to read her post too.

I meant to also tell you that your hair is so beautiful, you really never got grey hair?

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OVincze|1424470058|3835647 said:
I need a treat or two every once a while

YAY for treats!

Missy, I love the way those earrings look - delicate but with presence. Thank you [[[bowing down]]] for all your photo efforts, which must have required some yoga-like moves.

Good night everyone.

recommended cold weather diet:
Talenti sea salt caramel gelato with a shot of Bailey's Irish Cream on top.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ovi, thank you. And if we are crazy I am glad we have each other to be crazy with if you kwim. Have a great night and sweet dreams.

Jimmianne, that sounds delicious. Especially with the Bailey's Irish Creme. :lickout: Pass some our way please. Stay warm and cozy and hope all your animals are comfortable too. :wavey:

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
ROFL Jimmianne, I certainly did not need this craving before bedtime.

Lol, yeah then we are all a bit crazy.:))) Have a great evening everyone, you too Missy, I wrote to you earlier. I am restless tonight and it is already 1:15, I need to get some sleep. Hugs to you all.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Girls,

Missy, The pictures of the kitties brightened my day. They look so comfy on the bed! I remember your thread on the yellow diamond. Was it a radiant with a halo? I was looking at cars but am still undecided about what I even want.

OV, Please don't feel guilty about your purchases OV. You deserve everything you purchased and much more. It is also completely understandable that you need a new outfit to go with your new bag. Did you really think we would not see your way of reasoning? I bought another new dress this week that I needed like a whole in my head. I can't wait until it's warm enough to wear sandals!

Jimmianne, I LOVE your cold weather diet. It's freezing outside and I'm sitting here eating Hagen Daaz Coffee ice Cream. I love this stuff but I can easily sit here and eat a pint in 15 minutes. And I wonder why I'm losing my waistline. So what are your thoughts on the rings Jimmianne?

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, love the kitties on bed pics and their head shots! Fred, is he saying "No more pics, Ma, come on!" Those green eyes on Tommy, so pretty! HRH Francesca is just bored!!!!

Hey Callie, last night I ate half the pint of HD Coffee but I add brownies to it! YUM!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1424485990|3835749 said:
Missy, love the kitties on bed pics and their head shots! Fred, is he saying "No more pics, Ma, come on!" Those green eyes on Tommy, so pretty! HRH Francesca is just bored!!!!

Hey Callie, last night I ate half the pint of HD Coffee but I add brownies to it! YUM!

I love it with the chocolate chips but unfortunately I have only been able to find it that way at the actual Hagen Daaz store. I could add them but then I would end up eating a whole bag of the chips too! I am so bad Kristie. I have no will power. How do you stop at half the pint?

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
ROFL Callie, I loved what you said, yes I need another piece of jewelry or another bag like a hole in my head too.:))) Yes, you are right, I can feel pretty guilty about how much I spend on myself. I keep thinking do I really need this? OTOH, sure we deserve it and if it helps us go through some harder times or just to celebrate spring, I am all for it.

Today it is spring here, of course just when I expect to stay home doing work and resting. It was supposed to be like this for much of the week but it was not, then next week we are expected to get bad weather and snow again, yippee, not! I want, want, want spring.

Hope you NIRDI Girls are all having a nice start to the weekend.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG it is 5:30 AM and I am reading about your ice cream treats and I am now craving ice cream. Going to kill you guys LOL. When I was in college freshman year we had to be on the meal plan. The food was awful so I promptly "lost" my meal card and braved it on my own. First time away from home, I had just turned 17 yo (and a young 17 at that) that month, living in the dorms, no cooking abilities or appliances (not allowed though I did have a coffee machine haha) and now no meal card. I lived on Ben and Jerry's Heathbar crunch (OMG so good :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: ) for the whole first semester of freshman year. No wonder I gained the "freshman 10" LOL. I came home for Christmas break and decided that was enough of Ben and Jerry. I have missed my sweet Ben and Jerry boys ever since and of course all these decades later the universe plays a cruel joke making me intolerant to dairy. ;(

Callie and Kristie, I am glad my furbaby pics were not too much. Sometimes I think (know haha) I go overboard and thank goodness I don't have human babies or I would plaster them all over PS LOL. My furbabies don't mind at all and in fact are naturals at this modeling business. They just cannot take a bad picture. Unlike their mommy who cannot take a good one. :cheeky:

Ovi, I love the ring. Please send more pics or share them here. Need more pics! And do NOT feel guilty about spending on yourself. Girl, you deserve it and can afford it. Go for it!

I forgot to answer your grey hair question. I have some grey at my roots but you cannot really see them as I usually wear my hair half up i.e. sides back and up and away from my face so none of the grey is visible usually. Not on purpose but that's the easiest way for me to wear my hair. Either that way or a ponytail and that also covers the grey roots. I dare not try any semi permanent color right now anyway because of my face issues. All the medical journals I read show all those chemicals are bad for our skin and I am not taking any risks right now. Though one day oh wouldn't I love having a different hair color. I wonder how I would look with a very short sassy platinum blonde look? Hehe probably not as edgy as I would like to look. :oops: "They" do say as we get older we should go lighter... :devil:

Glad spring has arrived early by you Ovi. It is most definitely still winter here. :wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is"Blodwed". My daughter named her, saying it meant flower-face in Welsh
p1090186.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Blodwed is a beauty Jimmianne and I love her name!!! :love: What a gorgeous sweet baby! I just want to hug and kiss her she is so precious. Thank you for sharing her picture!!!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is something so REGAL about the NIRDI cats!!! Except Fred, Fred's keepin' it real by handling personal hygiene for the camera, LOL! Of course, Fred is also the Garden State Fwy Navigator so he has regular employment he has to present sharp for!!! :bigsmile: Love ya, Fred!

MIssy, a college freshman and barely 17?

I laff now when I see all the cooking appliances Bed/Bath/Beyond sell every year for college dorm rooms, when I was in the dorms you were evicted if you had more than a coffee maker in your room. We all hid our popcorn machines, that was our late night treat, popcorn and Tab. My big weekly splurge was either a taco salad at the student union or a tuna sandwich. I was really thin then but man, I was cranky too!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, Are Tommy's eyes that beautiful shade of green in real life? They are gorgeous! Sorry for making you want ice cream so early in the morning. My husband came home with 5 pints of my favorite Hagen Daaz last night. I know if I jump on the scale, the ice cream will be thrown out immediately. I just can't bring myself to get on that darn scale!

OV, After everything you have been thru these past few months, if a new handbag, dress or jewelry makes you feel good, I'm all for it. So what did you and Kristie decide about the rings?

Jimmianne, Speaking of rings, the suspense is killing me. Which way are you leaning? Ruby or Sapphire??? Your furbaby is beautiful!

Kristie, I was laughing out loud when you mentioned TaB That was the worst tasting stuff and I haven't heard the brand In years. Boy am I dating myself. I remember all my friends moms drinking it when I was in high school. Those pink cans were everywhere in the 70's. I remember it taking me months to get used to the taste of Diet Pepsi back then. I was so happy when that came out because at least it tasted better than TaB. You Thank goodness diet soda has come a long way in the taste department. The things us women do to save a few calories.

Marcy and Junebug, I hope all is well with you and you are staying warm!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Wow, I love sharing kitty pix! Love Blodwed what a beautiful kitty and name. Ah and those amazing emerald green eyes Missy, I am crazy about those in cats or humans.:))) Puma had the emerald green eyes and Nilie well he had a bit of goose... green eyes.:))) Sapphie has greenish eyes too but not emerald green like Puma's were and on a red Aby those looked stunning I think.

It was a very nice day here today but I think it was warm only for one day and then it is supposed to get cooler again.

Well, I wish the warm weather was on a day when I would have been able to get out of the house more than today but Monday is supposed to be nice too but then it will start snowing, what? I thought we were already done with that, come on it is almost March but yes I know it is common. It is not supposed to get very cold though. By March I am completely fed up with winter and last year I wore sandals in March but we were so lucky, we had the most gorgeous spring last year. After that a bad summer, a bad fall mostly and a pretty cold winter so now that should mean we will at least have a nice spring and summer, not? I can wish.

Hi Callie, nice to hear from you! I emailed you last night, sometimes I am not sure if people get what I am sending them, we had this problem with Kristie. I think our dear Kristie is cutting her geodes now, that is so much fun and I certainly loved her peridot finds.

Hugs to all and have a wonderful weekend. I am feeling good, much better than a week ago even though of course my ex made sure to really upset me even today but hey I guess it should happen less and less. I am not letting it get to me, I remember what Marcy advised me.

Speaking of dear Marcy, not sure what she is up to.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG I remember (and hated!) Tab. LOL. Do you guys remember Sarsaparilla soda? It was a mix between cream soda and root beer. Loved it so much I named my first bicycle Sarsaparilla LOL. She was a beautiful purple bicycle with a flower banana seat haha that brings back some memories. When I used to drink soda back in the day my 2 favorites were cream and sarsaparilla.

Callie, Tommy's eyes are that green and so are Francesca's eyes. Wish my eyes were their color!

Kristie, Fred had a very difficult beginning (as did most of our cats). He was a stray and used as a blood donor cat in exchange for being kept safe and fed at a vet clinic. I mean at least he had a place to be warm and fed but still. We got him when he was just under 1 yo I think back in 2002 or 3? I cannot remember exactly but suffice it to say we had our work cut out for us. Fred (originally named Oreo at the vet clinic) was very skittish and it took us a long time to make him feel safe and loved. He is a sweet baby.

Ovi, glad you are not letting your ex get to you and I hope you are enjoying the nice day.

It is snowing a lot here right now and I am worried because Greg had to go to the beach house early this morning as we had an electrical issue in the kitchen and it was a complicated problem so he has been there much longer than expected. He is just heading home now and the snow is reducing visibility and making roads slippery so being the worrier I am of course I am concerned.

My mom is home from the hospital already woohoo!!! So that is some good news. I think we are going to visit them tomorrow. We really should get that friends and family discount at HSS LOL.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results