carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

The puss is just a photo someone posted on FB, and he just looked too cute not to repost here. Sorry you had a sleepless night @missy, I know you’ve got a lot on your mind at the moment, so it’s not surprising. I woke at 3am the other morning, and I just couldn’t get back to sleep. How are your sister and BIL doing, keeping safe I hope, and your Mum & Dad, hopefully well stocked and doing OK? Gracie is a little pickle isn’t she, she’s really settled in well to the family and make herself at home, and she obviously has her Daddy wrapped around her little paw :D I hope you managed to get out for a walk today, it was bright here, but cold, so we didn’t end up going out today.

Sorry your shoulder is still causing you problems @marcy, and that work is slow and making the time drag. At least you don’t have to be in the same place as the Brats and deal with them face to face. We only wore a mask because there were a lot of runners out, and we didn’t want them panting all over us as they ran by.

I’ve put one of my Sheepdog puppies and 2 little Labrador puppies in the bedroom window for the children to when they walk by @Tekate, and I’m thinking of changing them soon for a polar bear and a Bulldog :lol: I think our weather here is warmer than there at the moment, Shirley did say where they are (out in the Sticks!) it’s been very cool and wet.

Glad you got out today with your little guy @Niffler75, it was lovely here, but chilly, we’ve actually put the heating back on first thing.

I got an email from Shirley today, saying she was sorry she missed me on Sunday, poor thing has obviously forgotten the long conversation we had! I’ve started knitting hearts, one of the hospitals is asking people to knit little pairs of hearts so they can give one to a patient dying of CV and one to their family as a keepsake :(

We’re fine and able to get deliveries, so feeling pretty chilled about the situation, not much we can do about it, and keeping hopeful that in another 3-4 weeks, there may be an easing of the restrictions, as it looks like the curve may be flattening on new infections.

We’re going out soon to clap for all the frontline workers. Did you read about the 100 year old ex-soldier here who’s walked around his garden 100 times to raise money for the NHS, he thought it’d raise £1000 and he’s raised £17million!!!!! Wow, what an achievement.

Hope you’re all having a good day, stay safe and well :wavey:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good afternoon NIRDIs in America!
Good evening, late evening to my Euro NIRDIs!
Very early good morning to my NIRDI's in Australia and NZ!!

@Jimmianne love the jacket and love the cat!!! <3 and your words are very wise Jimmi very much so..sometimes I think I am living in not a real world, I feel weird and then it goes away, and yes I am nuts :) xoxoxo

@missy Good afternoon Ms Marvelous Missy! you sound good Missy, Greg does't like garlic! that's okay I can't stomach onions often :) Love your pixs as always Missy.. Did your Costco have a long line? here they are placing us 6 feet apart and only letting in so many people at a time. I'm glad you could pick up things you needed. We were able to get Costco paper towels the last time we went there (3 weeks ago? maybe 4) and now I love their paper towels, I think we will continue to buy them there. I think you love Greg because you both were aligned by the stars Missy (god, yahweh, whomever, whatever) we don't all get to align in life sometimes, but sometimes luck in on our side. sending you hugs, and look so very much forward to being back in the city when you are there, I suspect we won't be able to go till fall anyway. Chris is good, he's sick of beans and oatmeal though. Please tell Greg I said hello, hug the furkids for me... I miss you Missy, I thought we would have been able to see each other this spring but girl, we are getting on to summer! sending Kate love.. xoxoxo

@Austina Hi Austina! update on the house? not heard back from the builder yet, we met with him last Saturday and worked out the whole house so now we are waiting for his bid, until then we just wait, John thought about 3 weeks before we would hear, now the builder is anxious to start because he's doing a spec house 2 lots away from ours and he could keep those workers constantly busy between 2 homes being built. Hope you had a wonderful walk.. EEEK! a bangle, diamond! yes! I would love one.. I'm here cheering you on for the biggest and the best.. sending love and hugs to you and Colin. xo

@marcy Hi Marcy, keep an eye out for that shoulder please. :) My orthoped surgeon's office called today and said my surgeon was going to continue to be out till at least June because he is older and has a lung issue, he no longer operates anyway but my family doc wanted me to see him as the start and could move me to the next logical doctor but now I have an appt I believe 4/23 with another surgeon, young guy, it may be telemedicine because he likes telemedicine the nurse said.. sounds good to me! tired of shoulder pain. sending good weather, good workers, good hubster and hugs and love to you Marcy! xoxo

@Scandinavian sorry Scandi it's so hectic for you but going to the mountains or the sea is so good for the soul, I hope you get a nice time away and everyone is healthy and happy.. Hope your mom and grandmother are okay Scandi.. sending a kate hug your way! (thank you for the update on the lawsuit btw aren't I a nosey American!, once when I was in the Netherlands we were staying at a highly rated B&B, we had breakfast in the kitcen with the owner cooking for us, so I was doing my usual American chatter, 'where are you from?' "what did you do before opening this?' 'how long have you been married?' etc etc and i'm noticing she's looking ODD! and I say, ooh I am nosey so sorry, so she says "YES YOU ARE!, AMERICANS ARE SO LOUD AND ANNOYING" uh oh, basically I think I' being nice and caring but I learned a GOOD lesson to talk less in Europe, I'd hate that someone would think me an 'ugly American'..she apologized later to me and I said no problem, I learned something and thanked here!) so there you go ANOTHER long involved silly Kate story Scandi! xoxo

oops pressed reply! in edit mode now!

Hi @Niffler75 I understand how you feel Niffler and I empathize with you.. your picture is lovely and we are in this together. I often think a lot of a woman who puts her 'kid' before herself, because I actually have met men and women who don't, you are a wonderful mother, and by mom I mean 'fur mom' 'human mom' a mom.. have a wonderful day! xoxo

@AV_ good evening again! hope you are well and enjoying your evenings and you are well and safe. xoxoxo

@canuk-gal Hi Sharon, hope all is good with you.. I think your PM has done a very good job I hope Canadians do too, but of course we just get headlines here. sending Kate hugs and love to you. xoxo

@junebug17 Hi June, are you in SC or NE? sending Kate hugs and love to a lovely lady! xoxoxo

@Mamabean Hi Joanne, hope you are safe and sound and Shotzie is doing well, you a super mamabean.. sending you lots of love lady. xoxoxo

@Daisys and Diamonds hi! hope you are doing well and you are safe! sending a huge kate hug to you! xoxoxo

Well gotta go, John wants to go up to the property and just look at it hahaha, old people.. sending each and every one of you a huge HUGE kate hug and love.

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina hey! I did read about the elderly gentleman.. what a hero. wonderful.

glad you can get deliveries! again.

so kind of you to knit, it's a wonderful thing Austina, while there is crap in many places, I am always inspired to read what the NIRDI's do.. we are the best. sending hugs and more hugs.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi girlfriends! I will be back at about 9:30pm when I’m finished watching my show with my husband. We watch the same shows at the same time and text each other during it. We’re weird.
It’s a busy day. My gazebo is almost done. My handyman did a great job! I think he’s coming back tomorrow to finish up. I’m keeping the oxidized brass that’s a pretty green...He’ll add that tomorrow.
I made David’s bean stew and his birthday ice cream cake for Saturday. Now I’m off to cook dinner..BBL!
xxxxooo
9B011A50-2CB1-43F6-9F8A-5ED7F4D638DB.jpeg 7A4E0441-655A-4AA9-A3C3-D0BA62903291.jpeg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@Mamabean that looks delish!
@Tekate I think you are a lovely lady; so I'll refrain from telling you what I think of our PM and the lot.:bigsmile:
@missy we did enjoy a nice ride today. Bright sunny day--warmish; well for this time of the ayears and in our neck of the woods.
@marcy bummer about your shoulder but your lifting is impressive.
@Niffler75 glad you enjoyed lovely weather and a good walk

SHOUT out to alll NIRDIs! Stay safe, strong and hand wash on!

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Niffler75 gorgeous place to walk; I am glad you had nice weather.

@missy I also would hate to run out of TP and tissues; I want to go check on Sams Club some day soon to see if I can stock up on those things as well. I have quite a bit but want to add a buffer. I don’t hoard those things we just get the big packs at Sams Club when we go. My arm / shoulder is sore and kind of lame in certain directions. How is you ankle doing? How is Greg feeling? Sweet you got to sleep in today but darn you were awake for a while. How fun Gracie likes to play cards.

@Austina I definitely don’t miss putting up with the brats and grumpy people at work. I hope they don’t say we need to wear masks; I would not enjoy that at all - I am very claustrophobic and can’t stand things over my face. It’s all mental but it sure bugs me. That is so nice of you to knit hearts for patients and their family; I am hoping they go to people who recover too. Yes, I’ve read about the 100 year old ex-solder walking to raise money; they’ve had the story on the news too. Very cool; what a wonderful man.

@Takate my shoulder / arm continues to whine and I can’t imagine you putting up with this so long. Good luck with your appointment; hopefully you can get things taken care of soon, Thank you for all of your well wishes. We have a lovely layer of snow outside but it melts fast this time of year. I hope you and John are doing well. That should speed up your house having 2 in the area to work on at once. I totally chucked that John wanted to run out to the lot. We drove by our lot and house practically daily while they were building it.

@Mamabean I know your family eats well; that looks delicious. I am anxious to see your new gazebo.

@canuk-gal glad you enjoyed a nice ride today. We are kind of snow covered here. Thank you for the lifting compliment.

I am guessing we’ve had about 7-8 inches of snow out there.

I played cribbage with FaceTime and Google Chats today with a friend of mine. Her daughter held up my cars and then I told her which one to play. It took us aa while to get it to work smoothly but it ended up working pretty well.

Marty is grocery shopping now. He was hopping the store isn’t busy due to the snow storm.

Take care.
Marcy

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good intentions...I did come back but I’m soooo tired...Good night..Talk to you in the morning...Sleep well..❤️

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! Dh and I are in South Carolina - we got here yesterday and are starting our 2 week quarantine.

@Niffler75 , love your new ring! Beautiful color and shape. Hershey is a gorgeous cat. Your Easter meal sounds wonderful. Totally get that you need a break from participating on the forum, you need to take care of yourself too. Beautiful scenery!

@missy, love all the pics of the blossoms and kitties! I'm glad you liked the rheumatologist and I hope he can give you some guidance once the worst of this pandemic is over. Sounds like you might be heading to the beach soon...I know you have mixed feelings but it will be so relaxing and calming to be by the water.

@Mamabean, aw, sweet pic of Bailey...all of my pets have been afraid of vacuums too. Your stew looks so good, and the cake looks delicious. David is going to have a great birthday. So nice that you and dh watch shows together.

@bling_dream19, the print of your bouquet is really pretty, what a great idea. Good that your masks came. Dh bought red western-looking bandanas that we fold into a mask and I look like I'm ready to rob a bank haha. Hope you had a great time with your families on the zoom calls.

@sarahb, beautiful blooms! So glad you and yours are well.

Hi @Daisys and Diamonds, thinking of you and I hope you and the gang are all doing ok!

@arkieb1, sorry to hear about your shoulder; it's terrible to be in chronic pain.

@Tekate, Happy belated Birthday to Auti! I'm happy you were at least able to see her, she is adorable. I see you in her. Too bad about missing some of the online party but I hope you still had fun. Glad there's some progress on the house. Your decorating choices sound beautiful.

@Scandinavian, your furbabies are so pretty. Have a wonderful time, you deserve it after being so busy and stressed.

@AV_, I agree with you, normal life will seem like a vacation! Your chocolate order sounds like heaven on earth.

@marcy, the picture of your mother's garden is beautiful <3. So nice that the bear and rabbit had a truce on Easter LOL. I'm sorry your shoulder is giving you trouble. Ugh to all that snow. How fun that you played Cribbage with your friend through Google Chat, very creative!

@Austina, wonderful news about the refund. LOL to Colin knowing what you were thinking. Oh no to Shirley not remembering the call - that would happen with my mother too. But you brought her joy at that moment in time, that's the important thing. That kitty is so adorable!

@canuk-gal, I hope your Yorkshire pudding turned out well and that you had a lovely Easter. Very nice that you were able to cycle!

The trip here went fine, we stopped twice at rest areas and both times I felt like we were leaving the lunar module. We were really careful, both for our sakes and for others. Luckily both rest stops were almost empty. We brought two coolers of food with us so we're in good shape. Tonight we did a zoom call with the kids and it was great to see them.

Glad everyone and their loved ones are healthy and doing well!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies! Happy FriYAY!

@Austina glad you are all set with food and supplies. You guys are in good shape. I am sorry about Shirley and she is lucky to have you as a friend. Sending you many good thoughts and hugs and thank you (as always) for being such a supportive friend. I appreciate your messages. Makes a difference. Thank you.

@Niffler75 good afternoon and hugs. Hope you are having a lovely day and I am continuing to send you well wishes and good thoughts. XO.

@Tekate Great Kate. I am glad you were able to get supplies at Costco. I think it is hit or miss here. I am sorry to hear your son is tired of oatmeal. I am weird I can eat the same thing day in and out and as long as I like it I never tire of it. See? I am weird. How was the property when you went to look at it yesterday? Must have been nice to get out of the house. Sending you big hugs and much love. And Greg says hey too. Love you girlie.

@canuk-gal yay for another bike ride. That is sweet. Hope you continue to cycle and enjoy the fresh air. Hugs.

@marcy sweet you got to play online games with your friend. Darn your shoulder still hurts a bit. My ankle is A OK thanks for asking. Wow 8 inches of snow. Wow. Smart to add a TP buffer. LOL that sounds funny. How did Marty's shopping trip go yesterday? Hope all is going well and that you guys remain well stocked.

@junebug17 so relieved you have arrived safely and that the trip went smoothly. How nice you were able to Zoom with your kids. I have not yet tried that. I keep thinking I will but then I don't feel like making myself look presentable for video lol. Hope you have a nice time there and are able to get all you need and are comfortable. I think it was a great idea to head down there during this time. Stay well. XO.

@Mamabean wow love that birthday cake you made for David. And I don't think it is odd at all you watch the same show as your DH is watching it long distance and all. I think it is sweet. Yay for the gazebo almost being finished. Sending you many good wishes and hope you had a good sleep last night. Hugs.

@bling_dream19 happy FriYAY! I always think of you when I write that. Jimmy texted us yesterday saying he is ready for us and his ice cream shoppe is open. I am unclear if his business is considered essential but I am guessing if he is open he is safe to be open and it is OK. Anyway I digress. Just to say when we head to the shore if Jimmy is still open we will be getting ice cream. But all the parks are closed so have to figure out how to get there without the Bayshore trail which is our usual path but now closed as it is in a state park. How are you? How is your mom and DH doing?

@Slick1 hey girl it's almost the weekend so I hope that gives you a breather from work. Hugs and love and be safe and well. Chat soon. XOXO. And thanks for the info by the way. I appreciate it!

@AV_ did you say chocolate? Yummmmm. I am so looking forward to the day we can get back to our "normal" routines and not be concerned to hug others and just visit our loved ones.

@Scandinavian hope skiing is going well and you are enjoying. XO.

We had a good day yesterday despite the chilly weather and enjoyed a walk. And then my friend from the shore called me unexpectedly and we managed to chat for a very long time. I am so sad for her as she confided in me her marriage is very unhappy. It is so hard to be far from my good friends and unable to comfort them in person. :( But we had a very good chat and well I think she is going to be OK.

Sharing a photo from our walk yesterday. Enjoy.

Screen Shot 2020-04-17 at 7.54.57 AM.png

Hugs to you lovely ladies. Happy FriYAY!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Happy FriYAY Friends!
It feels good to be a FriYAY! I'm working at home, cranking out a few more calls and tying up loose ends from the week. And I'm still not bored! Still have lots to do...resumed working on our wedding photo album - not THE one, but one a friend gave me so it's very special and I'm having fun filling it. We realized we prefer sleeping in our guest room in the basement :lol: We hadn't moved into the master until this past week and had been sleeping in our guest room since the wedding. Basically the master was a revolving door of suitcases, clothes, hubby moving in, you know the deal so we just slept in the basement. Turns out it's the best because it's dark and cool!
I am concerned about my parents but I can't control them. I did forward them the NY times article Missy about the doctor. Heard from my mom but not dad. My sister and family are doing well. My hubby's family are all doing well too.
Thinking about everyone and hoping everyone is well!
@missy how are you friend? Looks like you and Greg are enjoying cards and nice walks:) I'm sure you helped your friend so much. I remember in my first marriage when it wasn't good, how important my friends were and how much they helped me. So, I'm sure she really valued the time you spent.
@Tekate Kate the great, thank you always for a Kate hug! How's it going for you?
@Mamabean loving all the bling pics :love: and the cake looks beautiful! Did you end up getting Maggiano's or cooking at home for his birthday? We finished the last of all of our frozen shepherd's pie and they all came out beautifully. So you can definetly eat frozen shep's!
@Austina how are you doing? Wearing any bling?
Today I'm making ham and bean soup - hubby was able to find dry beans yay!
I'm grateful for this slower pace of life so much and I don't want to go back to my old life. I hate the virus that is for sure. PS is making life a lot more fun and sparkly! Hello and hugs to all :wavey:
Sparkle on and happy FriYAY!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I’m keeping everything crossed your builder comes back with an acceptable quote for the house @Tekate. I don’t think I could cope with all the uncertainty and things not moving at the pace I expect when it comes to having a house built. We know we won’t find the ‘perfect’ home when we’re looking, but near enough will do us. We have a list of absolute must haves, what’s acceptable, and absolute no nos. As long as we’re close to Adam and Kim, and there’s room for a pool, the house itself will be a compromise. More about the bangle below!

Glad you’re enjoying being home @bling_dream19, and still have plenty to do when you’re not working. I think when this is finally over, people’s working lives will change considerably, and more working from home will be the norm. Sorry you‘re finding it hard worrying about your parents.

Glad you’ve arrived safely @junebug17, I would think it preferable being in SC than in the city, and technology means we can keep in touch so easily. Aint’ it grand? :D

Glad your gazebo is nearly finished @Mamabean, I bet it’s looking great. Happy birthday to David, his cake looks delicious :lickout: I’m sure it’ll be a big hit,

I’m sorry to hear your shoulder is still troublesome @marcy, and good idea to stay in and let Marty do the shopping, the last thing you need is to fall in the snow. Sounds like fun playing cribbage on FaceTime, the lockdown is certainly encouraging people to be inventive!

If the situation with Shirley has taught me anything @missy, it’s that just being there means more than you’ll ever know. I’m sure your friend really appreciated just being able to talk about her situation with you. When this is finally over, seeing friends again will be even more special, and gives us something positive to look forward to. That‘s great that when you’re back at the beach house you’ll be able to enjoy lovely fresh ice cream again.

Glad you got in another ride today @canuk-gal, it was pretty miserable here today, that wet stuff was falling from the sky!

Sooooo, the bangle, I know this is PS heresy, but I actually don’t want the biggest carat weight :lol: We’re thinking of making a trip to WF, because I want to see the different sizes IRL. I want something that I can wear everyday, and I think the smaller carat weight will fit the bill. If it’s too blingy, I’m worried I won’t wear it much. Road trip @Tekate?:mrgreen:

I made a no yeast pizza base today, it turned out pretty well, but as we don’t have salt on our food, it tasted quite salty to us, not when eaten with the topping, but by itself, noooooooooo.

Hope all the lovely NIRDIs are having a good day, we’ve got through another week!

:wavey:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@junebug17 yay to SC - I hope it's nice and relaxing :bigsmile:
@Austina how exciting for a trip and a bangle to look forward to! I wonder if they would send you different sizes to look at? Just thinking aloud, a trip is more fun to look forward to!

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, evening everyone. It's Friyay but honestly the days are blurring a bit again for me! ::)
Another 3 weeks of lockdown here at least in the UK is totally the right thing but gosh some days it's pretty tough!
@Tekate Hope you hear from the builders soon. Our plans have been put on ice here for a new bathroom but at least we have done some painting and other jobs.
@Austina Oooh a new bangle. So important to get it right and make sure you are happy with it for daily wear.
@Mamabean Glad the gazebo is finished and bet it looks great. We have managed to send and paint our decking and benches here and it looks spruced up. I usually go to a brilliant local plant nursery for colourful hanging baskets but they are all closed, so we are growing what we can from seed.
@Scandinavian Hope you enjoy skiing. I must admit j have always fancied a go but am so accident prone would probably end up with something in plaster! :lol:
@missy Hi, I always enjoy your photos. How are you feeling in yourself at the moment? It's upsetting when we are separated from people we care about and can't do anything to help them. I am sure your friend felt much better just being able to chat to you!
I am worried about my fantastic mother in law who is in Ireland and recently bereaved. I worry about her health and about her being isolated but the best we can do is phone her regularly to check on her.
Take care everyone x

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies and happy Caturday Saturday. Heading with Tommy to my sister's practice but we cannot go in with him. Lots happening here but suffice to say I am trying to remain calm since I cannot control much of what is occurring.

@bling_dream19 yay for slower pace and for work going well and for pretty sparkly things brightening the days. You are a good friend to your friends and I know they are lucky to have you. I hope your parents and entire family remain well as all your loved ones remain safe and praying we all get through this intact. Hang in there one day at a time. Hugs.

@Niffler75 I hope your MIL remains healthy and is doing OK mentally. How sad she lost her DH and is going through this alone. I will keep good thoughts for her and for you guys. Hugs.

@Austina thank you and yes friends just listening helps. You are a good friend to Shirley and she is lucky to have you. Yay for pizza turning out well and I am excited for your WF trip and bangle purchase. Hugs.

@Slick1 thank you for everything. From the bottom of my heart. Sending you hugs and continued well wishes. XO.

Hi to everyone else, hope all is going smoothly. Keeping good thoughts for everyone. And sending hugs.

We ended up staying inside all day and playing monopoly. It's more fun with more people but we did OK. LOL I bought up lots of properties and then had no money but I borrowed from Greg and ended up making a killing on the properties after I put houses and hotels on them lol. Poor Greg lent me the funds to destroy him with. :lol:

Today we are heading to "see" my sister. We stay in the car and the tech gets Tommy. Not looking forward to this and just hoping for the best.

Have a good day lovely ladies and be well and stay safe.

On this Caturday Saturday leaving you with Glamorous Gracie in her favorite spot as we enjoy movies on the couch.

Screen Shot 2020-04-18 at 7.52.26 AM.png

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Missy--
I always appreciate your willingness to keep an open mind for things. If you want to know more about the "unpleasant experience" with a PSer, let's talk offline. I don't want to engage in an online fight with anyone, and I will probably no longer engage with PS as a consequence. It rents too much space in my mind. Let me know if you want to talk further. Otherwise--thank you for all of your kind thoughts, wonderful pictures and interesting stories.
SS

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy--
I always appreciate your willingness to keep an open mind for things. If you want to know more about the "unpleasant experience" with a PSer, let's talk offline. I don't want to engage in an online fight with anyone, and I will probably no longer engage with PS as a consequence. It rents too much space in my mind. Let me know if you want to talk further. Otherwise--thank you for all of your kind thoughts, wonderful pictures and interesting stories.
SS

Dear @springerspaniel thinking of you and hoping all is well. I have no doubt if you’re involved there’s no question of integrity here. So not necessary. (((Hugs))). I might email you for a different reason. Life is more challenging than ever.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha fun pic. Greg and some of his pals were just highlighted in a resort’s magazine using an old photo when they were there in the early 90s.

E689931A-D5FA-4977-A199-E4C3E9A5DC9D.jpeg

@Mamabean can you find Greg?
:lol:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal Hi Sharon.. I'll tell you what I HEARD about your PM. I have a family member married to a Canadian Olympic medalist who has known Trudeau for years and says about him "he's dumb" so b4 this that is really all I knew about him.. xoxoxo

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Hi girly! well Chris is much happier with his oatmeal, a few weeks ago when he said he had no brown sugar etc to put on his oatmeal (when you meet him you will see how thin he is, he was chubby all thru school and he slimmed down and now eats very little carbs and much healthier than we do). So I ordered him maple syrup from Maine - he loves those maple candies - and the candies and he finally got them earlier this week, he said "mom my oatmeal tastes much better now!" I just sent him some Mrs. Renfros salsas and jalapenos to spice up his beans because basically he shops at a Chinese bodega up the street he's not a picky eater, he's a huge user of his instant pot. I was glad to hear he likes what i have sent to him so far, he's a quiet quiet quiet one..

Missy, I spotted Greg right away, the really handsome one! great pix btw..

Hope the trip out to the Island is easy and Tommy is fine Missy.. sending Kate love and hugs and dust to you and the fam.

@marcy yes as we get moving on the house I think I will get a big more excited.. such a long PITA so far.. hope your shoulder is bearing up.. I think your problem is muscle pull etc, me? the dreaded arthritis, but one does'n't know till one has an xray really.. at some point I will have to have an MRI.. I may have missed something you said - is our company pulling you back in using the 6 foot rule? my DIL has been doing that for months now and she hasn't been sick that she knows of altho they are wearing masks. Texas has been unusually chilly but tomorrow the heat starts. Texas is opening up a bit also. Hi to Marty and hope you are doing well xo

@springerspaniel don't let one jerk keep you from the NIRDIs.. we are a good bunch.. as an Irish woman full of Catholic guilt I sincerely hope it isn't me who offended you because while I have strong strong beliefs I am not that often a bi--h unless provoked.. plus I love spaniels! my Daisy dog was a regular old, poorly bred, sick dog for 13 years and I lived for her and loved her mucho.. come here anytime! xo

@Niffler75 Hola! you are a sweetie! hope you have an awesome saturday.. or a nice saturday and a safe saturday, altho your Saturday is more done than my Saturday ;-) sending hugs.. xoxo

@junebug17 Hi June, glad you made it to SC safe and sound.. isn't it GREAT to see your kids on the screen if nothing else? I am so happy to see Chris every day.. he and Auti make my day! I'll keep watching to see how things are going down south with you and yours June.. xoxo :love::love:

@Scandinavian Sending hi's your way! hope everyone is safe and sound in your neck of the world. xo

@Mamabean your food and cake look delicious.. hope you had a lovely day and it's great that you and your husband watch TV together.. family.. so important.. sending xoxoxo to you and the family Joanne.

@AV_ how's the weather your way? have the virus spread a lot near where you are located? take care and I am sending a huge Kate hug to you. xoxo

Well today is a BIG day. We are going to get barbecue takeout from a restaurant here and I"m so excited, NO COOKING! also today we are going to try and plan out the pool in the backyard of our rental house, I am concerned it's too small so is John a bit so we are going to lay it out and see if it's big enough. it's 18 x 40 rectangle with a spa (I don't want it John does) and small beach area and a raised wall at the end with 2 or 3 sheer descents (if you don't get this no problem only people in HOT climates get this) the pool will have an outdoor kitchen to the side of it, not sure how much we can afford other than the building at this point but who knows... here's a pic of how it will sorta look, I am aiming for this pool water color also..

poolie pool.jpg

only thing is that at the far end I plan on having a bit of a raised wall with sheers spouting water. Next to the spa is I plan to have a beach area for Auti and any others that should pop up if we are lucky :) I am not going to raise the spa, I like the modern, stream lined look of this type of pool and spa.. not sure of anything really though .also I am not sure how big this pool is it's just the look I am going for at this point.

Well we are going for a Salley walk bbl!

xoxox

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@Tekate Hola back! :wavey: We are hanging on hanging on in there, doing ok, staying reasonably sane!
BBQ takeout sounds amazing. I love it and we have a real lack of places in the UK that do this at all well!

@missy Oreo was feeling photogenic today and was doing some musical purring today! Honestly I feel the benefits of having pets especially at this time! =)2

20200418_195849.jpg

@springerspaniel I am sorry you have had this experience on the boards. ::) I am relatively new here. Please take care, whatever you decide to do about keeping posting or not!
Just a brief check in to say I am thinking about everyone. x

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tekate Hola back! :wavey: We are hanging on hanging on in there, doing ok, staying reasonably sane!
BBQ takeout sounds amazing. I love it and we have a real lack of places in the UK that do this at all well!

@missy Oreo was feeling photogenic today and was doing some musical purring today! Honestly I feel the benefits of having pets especially at this time! =)2

20200418_195849.jpg

@springerspaniel I am sorry you have had this experience on the boards. ::) I am relatively new here. Please take care, whatever you decide to do about keeping posting or not!
Just a brief check in to say I am thinking about everyone. x

Awww Hershey is a sweet baby!:kiss2: Please hug him from me @Niffler75

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Hi girly! well Chris is much happier with his oatmeal, a few weeks ago when he said he had no brown sugar etc to put on his oatmeal (when you meet him you will see how thin he is, he was chubby all thru school and he slimmed down and now eats very little carbs and much healthier than we do). So I ordered him maple syrup from Maine - he loves those maple candies - and the candies and he finally got them earlier this week, he said "mom my oatmeal tastes much better now!" I just sent him some Mrs. Renfros salsas and jalapenos to spice up his beans because basically he shops at a Chinese bodega up the street he's not a picky eater, he's a huge user of his instant pot. I was glad to hear he likes what i have sent to him so far, he's a quiet quiet quiet one..

Missy, I spotted Greg right away, the really handsome one! great pix btw..

Hope the trip out to the Island is easy and Tommy is fine Missy.. sending Kate love and hugs and dust to you and the fam.

@marcy yes as we get moving on the house I think I will get a big more excited.. such a long PITA so far.. hope your shoulder is bearing up.. I think your problem is muscle pull etc, me? the dreaded arthritis, but one does'n't know till one has an xray really.. at some point I will have to have an MRI.. I may have missed something you said - is our company pulling you back in using the 6 foot rule? my DIL has been doing that for months now and she hasn't been sick that she knows of altho they are wearing masks. Texas has been unusually chilly but tomorrow the heat starts. Texas is opening up a bit also. Hi to Marty and hope you are doing well xo

@springerspaniel don't let one jerk keep you from the NIRDIs.. we are a good bunch.. as an Irish woman full of Catholic guilt I sincerely hope it isn't me who offended you because while I have strong strong beliefs I am not that often a bi--h unless provoked.. plus I love spaniels! my Daisy dog was a regular old, poorly bred, sick dog for 13 years and I lived for her and loved her mucho.. come here anytime! xo

@Niffler75 Hola! you are a sweetie! hope you have an awesome saturday.. or a nice saturday and a safe saturday, altho your Saturday is more done than my Saturday ;-) sending hugs.. xoxo

@junebug17 Hi June, glad you made it to SC safe and sound.. isn't it GREAT to see your kids on the screen if nothing else? I am so happy to see Chris every day.. he and Auti make my day! I'll keep watching to see how things are going down south with you and yours June.. xoxo :love::love:

@Scandinavian Sending hi's your way! hope everyone is safe and sound in your neck of the world. xo

@Mamabean your food and cake look delicious.. hope you had a lovely day and it's great that you and your husband watch TV together.. family.. so important.. sending xoxoxo to you and the family Joanne.

@AV_ how's the weather your way? have the virus spread a lot near where you are located? take care and I am sending a huge Kate hug to you. xoxo

Well today is a BIG day. We are going to get barbecue takeout from a restaurant here and I"m so excited, NO COOKING! also today we are going to try and plan out the pool in the backyard of our rental house, I am concerned it's too small so is John a bit so we are going to lay it out and see if it's big enough. it's 18 x 40 rectangle with a spa (I don't want it John does) and small beach area and a raised wall at the end with 2 or 3 sheer descents (if you don't get this no problem only people in HOT climates get this) the pool will have an outdoor kitchen to the side of it, not sure how much we can afford other than the building at this point but who knows... here's a pic of how it will sorta look, I am aiming for this pool water color also..

poolie pool.jpg

only thing is that at the far end I plan on having a bit of a raised wall with sheers spouting water. Next to the spa is I plan to have a beach area for Auti and any others that should pop up if we are lucky :) I am not going to raise the spa, I like the modern, stream lined look of this type of pool and spa.. not sure of anything really though .also I am not sure how big this pool is it's just the look I am going for at this point.

Well we are going for a Salley walk bbl!

xoxox

Oh yay for a big BBQ and no cooking! Your plans look great and I am so excited for you! Love the pool. Hope the walk with Salley went/goes well. Thank you for all your always lovely warm comments. Greg is a spitfire lol. When he was young he was well let's say a handful but an adorable handful. So glad your family are all well and I am glad you got Chris the maple syrup he loves. You're such a good momma! Our trip went OK but we won't have the results for a few weeks. I cannot say more but I am asking for you lovely ladies to keep good thoughts for us because if this is what I think it is I don't know how we are going to get through it.

Sending you hugs and love and lots and lots of good energy. All of you lovely ladies. Have a good evening.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Happy Caturday friends!
@missy Hugs to you friend and thinking about you as always.
@Austina I love that you are making hearts, hearts are my favorite!
Last night cod dinner was delicious. tonight we are baking a spaghetti squash as MD having meatballs that we made and froze a couple of weeks ago. I made ham n bean soup and put everything in the crockpot last night and woke up this morning not smelling anything. So it looks like somehow I did something wrong and it shut off. Hubby said throw that thing on high and it will kill of any bacteria lol. He said he will be the Guinea pig and try it out. Today is a very chill day and I'm loving it.
I hope everyone is well and happy and sparkling! Love and hugs to all.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies and happy Sunday. It is Sunday and today might just live up to its name for part of the day as the sun is shining woohoo.

@bling_dream19 thank you for your continued kind and warm wishes. (((HUGS))). Your cod dinner sounded delish. And oh I also love spaghetti squash. I had that dish first time in 1989 as a resident at West Point. And it was so good. Since then I have enjoyed it a number of times but it has been a few years since I have so I think I need to get some if it is available. Let us know how it turned out last night. Glad you had a chill Saturday and hope today is also a good day. XOXO

@Slick1 hugs, hope Chase is continuing to do well and that your weekend is going smoothly.

@junebug17 how is it out there? Is it calm and peaceful I hope. And I hope the stores are not crowded and well stocked. Hugs.

@Austina did you enjoy a walk the other day? How is the weather by you? It was rainy and cold yesterday but today seems a bit brighter. Speaking of cold...

@marcy how is the snow situation? And speaking of snow...

@Scandinavian how goes the skiing?

@sarahb hugs and continued good wishes for you and your family. Thinking of you.

@AV_ hope the weekend is going well. Any updates to share? How is the writing going? Any new flowers blooming?

@Tekate Great Kate! Hope the BBQ was delicious yesterday and that your walk with Salley enjoyable. Hugs.

@Niffler75 Oops that is Oreo, sorry about that. In my defense both Hershey and Oreo are so handsome and beautiful that one can see why I might make that mistake. Hugs to you and the cats and your sweet son. Hope the weekend is going well.

Hi to everyone else! Hope you are enjoying a lovely weekend.
When we came home yesterday from the vet we played cards and LOL we don't even keep score anymore. Just having fun playing the game. No walk yesterday as it was sort of nasty out and we are limiting our walks.

Today we hope to walk at least a bit. I had a good conversation last night with my friend who is helping her hospital with Covid patients. Oy. I had no clue Covid could cause blood clots and strokes though I did know about the kidney damage it causes making dialysis necessary for a good amount of the patients. It is a vicious virus as we all know. She is staying as safe as she can and sent her DH to live with his mother for the time they need her at the hospital. She told me they really gave her little choice. Basically they asked her to help out or to start looking for another job. That threat was implicit though. She is an OB/GYN. The hospitals are desperate. :(

Everyone enjoy a good Sunday and be well. XOXO.

Leaving you with Gracie kneading. Did I share this already? If so I apologize. But it's worth watching again. LOL lucky I don't have human kids. :lol:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good afternoon NIRDIs in America!
Good evening, late evening to my Euro NIRDIs!
Very early good morning to my NIRDI's in Australia and NZ!!

@Jimmianne love the jacket and love the cat!!! <3 and your words are very wise Jimmi very much so..sometimes I think I am living in not a real world, I feel weird and then it goes away, and yes I am nuts :) xoxoxo

@missy Good afternoon Ms Marvelous Missy! you sound good Missy, Greg does't like garlic! that's okay I can't stomach onions often :) Love your pixs as always Missy.. Did your Costco have a long line? here they are placing us 6 feet apart and only letting in so many people at a time. I'm glad you could pick up things you needed. We were able to get Costco paper towels the last time we went there (3 weeks ago? maybe 4) and now I love their paper towels, I think we will continue to buy them there. I think you love Greg because you both were aligned by the stars Missy (god, yahweh, whomever, whatever) we don't all get to align in life sometimes, but sometimes luck in on our side. sending you hugs, and look so very much forward to being back in the city when you are there, I suspect we won't be able to go till fall anyway. Chris is good, he's sick of beans and oatmeal though. Please tell Greg I said hello, hug the furkids for me... I miss you Missy, I thought we would have been able to see each other this spring but girl, we are getting on to summer! sending Kate love.. xoxoxo

@Austina Hi Austina! update on the house? not heard back from the builder yet, we met with him last Saturday and worked out the whole house so now we are waiting for his bid, until then we just wait, John thought about 3 weeks before we would hear, now the builder is anxious to start because he's doing a spec house 2 lots away from ours and he could keep those workers constantly busy between 2 homes being built. Hope you had a wonderful walk.. EEEK! a bangle, diamond! yes! I would love one.. I'm here cheering you on for the biggest and the best.. sending love and hugs to you and Colin. xo

@marcy Hi Marcy, keep an eye out for that shoulder please. :) My orthoped surgeon's office called today and said my surgeon was going to continue to be out till at least June because he is older and has a lung issue, he no longer operates anyway but my family doc wanted me to see him as the start and could move me to the next logical doctor but now I have an appt I believe 4/23 with another surgeon, young guy, it may be telemedicine because he likes telemedicine the nurse said.. sounds good to me! tired of shoulder pain. sending good weather, good workers, good hubster and hugs and love to you Marcy! xoxo

@Scandinavian sorry Scandi it's so hectic for you but going to the mountains or the sea is so good for the soul, I hope you get a nice time away and everyone is healthy and happy.. Hope your mom and grandmother are okay Scandi.. sending a kate hug your way! (thank you for the update on the lawsuit btw aren't I a nosey American!, once when I was in the Netherlands we were staying at a highly rated B&B, we had breakfast in the kitcen with the owner cooking for us, so I was doing my usual American chatter, 'where are you from?' "what did you do before opening this?' 'how long have you been married?' etc etc and i'm noticing she's looking ODD! and I say, ooh I am nosey so sorry, so she says "YES YOU ARE!, AMERICANS ARE SO LOUD AND ANNOYING" uh oh, basically I think I' being nice and caring but I learned a GOOD lesson to talk less in Europe, I'd hate that someone would think me an 'ugly American'..she apologized later to me and I said no problem, I learned something and thanked here!) so there you go ANOTHER long involved silly Kate story Scandi! xoxo

oops pressed reply! in edit mode now!

Hi @Niffler75 I understand how you feel Niffler and I empathize with you.. your picture is lovely and we are in this together. I often think a lot of a woman who puts her 'kid' before herself, because I actually have met men and women who don't, you are a wonderful mother, and by mom I mean 'fur mom' 'human mom' a mom.. have a wonderful day! xoxo

@AV_ good evening again! hope you are well and enjoying your evenings and you are well and safe. xoxoxo

@canuk-gal Hi Sharon, hope all is good with you.. I think your PM has done a very good job I hope Canadians do too, but of course we just get headlines here. sending Kate hugs and love to you. xoxo

@junebug17 Hi June, are you in SC or NE? sending Kate hugs and love to a lovely lady! xoxoxo

@Mamabean Hi Joanne, hope you are safe and sound and Shotzie is doing well, you a super mamabean.. sending you lots of love lady. xoxoxo

@Daisys and Diamonds hi! hope you are doing well and you are safe! sending a huge kate hug to you! xoxoxo

Well gotta go, John wants to go up to the property and just look at it hahaha, old people.. sending each and every one of you a huge HUGE kate hug and love.

LOL this is hysterical to read! LOL for real!! In my country, asking about marriage, money, or anything personal would indeed earn you a few strange looks, LOL. But I try to adjust my compass, as we don't even say "good morning" in the elevator here, and where would that get you overseas LOL.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock

Tekate, you are awesome! Thank you for your kind words and welcoming spirit.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results