carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@junebug17 that’s wonderful DD is enjoying her new apartment. It is fun to watch birds. Our neighborhood is new so trees are kind of small so I don’t see many birds around here. We do get a nest of sparrows under our deck every year though.

@Niffler75 I hope you get a nice long nap today; I am sorry you had a rough night. I did smile that Hershey was wise to your trick.

@missy I will check out Wobenzym. Thanks. My knee is slightly better today. Marty asked me yesterday when am I going to do something about my knee. I guess when I absolutely have to address it I will. Am I Stubborn much? Greg takes great selfies too. It looks cold there.

@Austina I hope your storms have cleared up and gone away. We have at least 2 more months of snow storms with one starting today. I am with you; enough already! Are you heading to Austin soon? Your evening with friends sounds lovely. Enjoy a quiet day. Is Colin feeling better? How is your shoulder doing?

@Mamabean I was thinking of going to Sams club this weekend too but we didn’t make it. I have a pretty good supply of paper products right now but could get more. Sorry to hear you can identify with peg leg walking; and yes walking different gives you other aches and pains. It’s heck to get old. Glad to hear you are feeling better. Happy 3rd Birthday to Jackson. His party will be fun.

Marty and I were the big losers at the cribbage tournament last night. Our of 5 rounds we won only once. It was fun though. Everyone brought snacks. There was a great fresh fruit tray that I visited frequently. My PB cookies were a hit.

We went out for breakfast this morning. Marty was meeting someone at the gym at 10 and then he is picking up groceries for us. We are making tacos for lunch.

I'm off to do my lifting.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy So sorry you have a sore leg. Is it your kneecap causing the issue? Hope this cheers you up! :mrgreen2:

images.jpeg-1.jpg

@Mamabean Hope you are feeling better today! Yes there was someone singing in the front garden at 4am and it wasn't me! :lol-2:
I managed to source some squishy cat treats today to mould around Hershey's tablet and winner, it worked. She didn't even realise. :appl:
Chicken tacos went down well here for tea. I went out shopping today and for a sunny sunday on pay weekend it was very quiet! :think: We have our first cases of Coronavirus in the UK region I live in.
Hope everyone is ok and not getting too anxious about things. x

Thank you @Niffler75. The silly walks made the laugh. Too funny cat treats worked to disguise the tablet for Hershey.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some days you just have to face your demons. We were making tacos for lunch. As shocking as this might be for you; since I'm OCD I always put down a piece of butcher's paper before cutting up the veggies for tacos and then put the bowls with the veggies, meat, cheese and sauce on top of the butcher's paper for our buffet to build our tacos. That makes for EASY clean up and keeps the countertop mostly clean. Well Marty started cutting veggies before I got my OCD countertop protector out - and I didn't say a word. Amazingly everything that ended up on the countertop easily got wiped up with a wet paper towel. And yes I would wipe down the countertops anyway. :lol: Maybe tomorrow I won't pick up Marty's shoes and socks he leaves so we know he was here.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a quick snapshot of my pink sapphire rings

RG pink sapphire and diamond band
Pink sapphire in platinum setting
YG pink sapphire with .20 ctw diamond accents - these were diamond studs Marty bought me when we got engaged

1583080596201.png

Pinkalicious and oh so sweet. Beautiful rings @marcy and just the thing to keep you warm during your very cold winters. Brrrrrrr. The heat your rings are giving off is awesome. :love:
How is your knee doing today Marcy?
Glad you survived and even enjoyed the taco adventures of yesterday lol. And yummmm.

It looks like it was really cold there yesterday @missy, we had more rain :lol: When will you hear about Cookie, are you still keen to have her? We’re both doing OK thanks, I’ve been using my shiatsu (Shiitzhu :D) massager and doing my exercises and Colin’s been doing the same. We’ve just been out for a walk as the sun’s finally out.

Not sure but by this weekend we should have some info re Cookie. I am not so keen about adding another cat especially now that I am afraid to bend over because of my osteoporosis. Turns out we should only bend from the hip not the waist so try cleaning litter boxes doing that. It is impossible. I am feeling down but all I can do is one day at a time. And as of now planning to take Cookie even with this new challenge. I am glad you are doing your shiatsu massager and exercises and that Colin is doing well too. Glad you are getting out and enjoying walking too. Sweet. It was cold here but it warmed up yesterday nicely and same for today I believe. Off to PT soon. Well in 2 hours lol. I was up at 2:45 AM today for the day and just sitting on the couch typing to you lovely ladies while Greg is sleeping. So glad he went back to sleep. Hope you have a lovely day Austina and hugs.

@missy I’m so happy Greg is doing so well....It was so windy and chilly yesterday..I almost froze to death walking Bailey for ten minutes...I don’t know how you and Greg took a long walk..I LOVE your blue coat! The color is so pretty on you!
That’s amazing that your endo and rheumatologist talk to each other. I hope they will come up with a good plan for your med. I don’t take calcium at all...which is probably nuts because I have osteopenia..I read a long time ago it can deposit in other places instead of your bone...so it scared me into sticking my head in the ground. I just eat dairy and calcium rich veggies to get it. I had my calcium score test for my heart two or three years ago and it was zero...My friend just recently had hers and it was like 150 which isn’t good. She’s taking calcium for a long time. I’m not sure if it’s related. That’s why I haven’t taken anything other than 3,000 units if D3...That’s supposed to protect our bones...We’ll see when I get it done next May. At that point..and coupled with my age now..I will take something. I will watch what you plan to do...

Thanks Joanne. I get compliments whenever I wear that coat. It is a very lovely color I agree. It would look great on you. As for Calcium- that is exactly the reason I did not take Calcium supplements before this. I do take K2 and D3 so hopefully they will take the Calcium where it needs to be and it won't deposit in the arteries or heart...as for the rheumatologist and endocrinologist talking with each other we shall see. My endocrinologist is still away and when he gets back I am sure he will be inundated with lots of work as he was away for a while. Let's just say I am not holding my breath. I am sorry about your good friend who didn't get a good calcium score for her heart. Greg and I had heart scans last year and we had a zero score but that was before I started taking Calcium.

How did the dance for David go last night?
How is your cold today? I hope it is all gone. (((Hugs))).

I managed to source some squishy cat treats today to mould around Hershey's tablet and winner, it worked. She didn't even realise. :appl:

@Niffler75 Woohoo re Hershey taking her meds without realizing. That is sweet. May that continue. How is your son doing? I am sorry so many of us suffer from some sleepless nights. @Austina @Niffler75 @Mamabean and a few others here I believe. I hope you slept well last night dear Niffler. And thank you for your continued good wishes. Hugs.

@Slick1 hope your Monday goes well and that you enjoyed a wonderful weekend. XOXO.

@Tekate how are you feeling? How is Autie doing? Hope brunch was great yesterday Kate the Great and wonderful and wise. Big hugs.

@Scandinavian hugs and good wishes continuing for you and your family.

@Jimmianne hope you are enjoying being back home in your second home and a beautiful home it is. So romantic. What projects are you working on there?

@bling_dream19 how was your weekend? How is work going? Have a wonderful day. XO

@AV_ hope you enjoyed a fun weekend. (((Hugs))).

@Daisys and Diamonds good morning Nicky. Hope all is well.

@canuk-gal how is your DH doing? How are you doing? I hope you are taking care of you too and that you had a lovely weekend and your week is off to a good start. Gentle hugs.

We enjoyed a beautiful Sunday. Perfect weather for the first day of March. Sunny and not too cold at all though I wore a winter coat because in the shade was cool plus it was still windy. I got another hat from the same store I purchased the blue one from and got the same hat in burgundy. Very pretty. And on sale so sweet. Today we have PT and then a walk planned in the afternoon. Looking forward to another pretty day. Enjoy this Monday lovely ladies and hugs.

Screen Shot 2020-03-02 at 5.32.15 AM.png

and leaving you with Oliver standing and jumping while playing with us last night. He is rambunctious with a capital R but also a love bug as he snuggled with me in the early morning hours before I got out of bed before 3AM this morning. He can be sugar sweet though he is a handful.

Screen Shot 2020-03-02 at 5.24.32 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-02 at 5.35.14 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-02 at 5.35.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-02 at 5.36.18 AM.png

Hope you enjoyed the pictorial. :)

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Lifting, Marcy!
I worry about your knee, I care about you. Ugh to aches and pains. Yay to playing games : ) you do many interesting things with your DH.

Missy, do I detect a deepening affection for handsome Oliver? He will mellow. [gosh I hope I am right!]
I have my thinking cap on...could your DH build an elevated litter box that is part of a « system » for the cats...like those kitty climbing things with platforms?

Mamabean, how are you feeling today??

Projects??
I finished painting the old brown dresser in the living room and am happy with it. My aloof french lady likes it as well.

EBFDFF5B-2EE9-4BFF-B378-1698E409FE00.jpeg A5A1BC67-6D9E-4C14-B9FD-0A2DE2C41C7E.jpeg
Found out today that I can have a burn pile in my garden...which is good because there are at least two dumptruck loads of roots and branches from the garden cleaning last spring. So I will sit up on my little hill in a warm coat and dream by a fire.
Tomorrow is my visa appointment, an hour away, which I will travel to in my tiny Twingo...hope the wind’s not too bad. Two days ago I ventured out and got blown all over the place. Twingos are not for sissies. LOL

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mornin!

@bling_dream19 what a beautiful ring.. I love pink, it's fantastic really.

@Jimmianne How's the jet lag? how's France? how are you? how's the dd?

@marcy what a collection of blingtastical pink! oooh so beautiful March.. each ring is unique.. great taste! So how's the knee? No we didn't get the Tesla yet, not sure when we are going to get one, I sorta like the Nissan one better in a way, but we shall see. take care of you knee! :) I would think that standing doesn't bother your knee means you might probably NOT need a knee replacement, but heck I didn't go to medical school! take care.

@Niffler75 be vigilant, you know the drill.. most of us NIRDIs are young enough to not really worry, smokers are really at the highest level of getting really sick, seems like the form of pneumonia that is caused by the virus, it seems to really cause much fluid.. I would bet it's here in Austin already, Austin has a large Asian population. just take care girl!

@Mamabean I hope your cold is better, I have to read more to see,(added, seems like ou were feeling betther! yay) but wanted you to know, that I think colds suck. John has had a chest cold for at least 3 weeks now, finally he's making an appt to see his PCP, he obviously has bronchitis or pneumonia.. OR terrible allergies, he needs steroids. He's scheduled to have cataract and lasik surgery on the 11th, so he needs to get into a doctor pronto, he says "You don't go to the doctor!" its true I don't LIKE going to the doctor but I do go. He's a PITA at times. ugh. :) Your husband is a true American, duty to job and all that rot, my husband's duty when he worked was to himself. :) if he was sick, no work for him, I think he got this all from his father who was one of the most cold people that I ever met, very critical, very self involved and cheap as all hell, John has all that but lucky him! he married me and I call him when he get's too JOHN, when we were young I would cajole him blah blah, but now I just say adieu! and off I go my life is too short to constantly put me first. In this way I married the same guy 2X and my father was a lovely, self involved, immature, distant, uncaring man, but my dad did buck up when he sobered up when I was 23! he become a wonderful grandfather to my boys, I always referred to my dad as "Bon Vivant!! Bob" he loved clothes, dancing, Big Band music (after he died I calculated how many Swing CDs my dad had bought and the total was over 4K! of which my sister and I could only find 7 CDs haha, we think he kept buying CDs and donating them to a local radio station that played swing, but we were never sure what the heck he did with all those CDs really, and neither Gen or I cared about the money, he worked for it and if he wanted to buy CDs it was fine). Oh girl I a going on and on.. sorry. my hubster is bugging me this morning, in order to make an appt with his PCP he has to create a health account with our practice (Austin Regional Clinic) it is very annoying to him as he never did that stuff because admins did crap like that haha! no admin anymore... he did apologize for yelling at me though (unusual) and I love the guy I just find him to be a 1950s GUY :) xoxoxo

@canuk-gal great to read DS didn't get the root canal!

@missy good morning MIssy the marvelous! thank you Missy, we had a great time with the family yesterday, Auti crawled a bit yesterday! but that little one wants to be picked up rather than crawl.. my kind of girl! Mike makes her crawl for everything, tough Dad!. You guys look so wonderful, love your hat Missy girl. so beautiful! Give Greg a huge hug.. hope to see you soon. You probably read in the Times today that NYC had a reallllly low snow winter, now I thought (being Irish and all) that boy that's putting a kibosh on the city, spring isn't till the 21st.. of course hopefully it won't end the trend! love you girl xoxoxo
I'm going to read on Missy to see what is up for you guys today but I wanted to comment on what I've read so far, so if missed something I will post again! xoxoxo

@junebug17 Hi June, Chris DS#2 is moving tomorrow! we were going to visit him at the end of March but we just don't know now with flying etc.. we shall see. Did you DD move to be closer to work? My son moved because he wants a more lively area, the one had lived in was very very Hasidic! (hope spelled that right) not that he cares but he's not Hasidic (if we were Jewish I'm sure I'd be reform, I hate panty hose), Chris is in a more young neighborhood of hipster types rather than family types, although Danny en family are across the street from him and that was just dumb luck I guess.. xoxo June to you and yours.

@Austina Hello dear girl! Mike used rogaine for years and years and some oral med etc, he says he's resigned to being bald now. Mike has less hair than John too. Such is life in the genetics of hair loss. The Pacifica is a good auto for dogs Austna, especially 2, I sometimes think I would love to get another dog and when the house is built I might.. Salley is getting old :( miss you and look forward to May! hi to Colin.. xoxoxo

Hello @Scandinavian @Slick1 hope life is treating you both well.

SO, on Saturday we went up to the lot to see where the house is going to sit - with cutting down the least amount of trees as possible, the builder had placed strings on the lot to break up into 50ft sections and we have a 40ft setback off the road, John bought a very huge tape measurer thingy, but he left it at the lot weeks ago and it got rusty! but we could still read some measurements, so I think John moved it back 8 feet :) so our builder bought two lots in the front of the subdivision and we noticed saturday that there were backhoes taking down trees on one of the lots, he's going to build a spec house there, he's already built 3 in the subivision, so we were leaving and I saw a pickup truck and I said to John I wonder if that's the builder? he said Naw.. but when we came home he texted the builder saying he noticed the backhoe etc and could we start knocking some of the trees down and have a separate contract for just the trees as we don't have a working plan yet for the house we we don't have any idea of what the house and pool and cabana will cost.. so the builder called John said it WAS him at the lot and could he start knocking trees down since he contracted with the tree cutting guys and he paid by the hour work or no work, John went back up and he thinks he said to knock down too many trees but it was all sudden with no workable plan, I said there are still trees there and that is the way it goes.. there will be 2 houses before ours on the street, and these are 2 acre lots so I am sad to lose extra trees, my great and esteemed Irish mother always said "Catherine, you can't cry about spilt milk"! :) we all know my mom spoke basically in old adages.. :)

Okay here's some photos of our brunch! went well, John went out on the boat afterwards, I spent the afternoon reading and doing laundry (and passing a few glasses of white wine!).. xoxo

1Autie31x.jpg JBbrunchingit2.jpg

Attachments

• grannyautie31.jpg
    grannyautie31.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 29

AV_

Ideal_Rock
So, this is where I am at:
Screenshot_20200302-190051.png Screenshot_20200302-190111.png
Screenshot_20200302-190249.png Screenshot_20200302-190825.png

Both types are scented, but then, every noticeable plant in these shots is & the sum total works well.

Only the mid-afternoon of Sunday was sunny & I sure went out, as you see. Then, the weather turned, so it rained enough overnight to let me burn the last of garden debris rather as you were doing the same @Jimmianne !

@marcy The light pink sapphire is quite a sight; I am loosing count of your fancy sapphires!

@missy Of course I agree that one more cat to your household would be a HEROIC addition [I am ever happy to not need any heroics] I wish you no worries until those two docs give you anything to think about; it might be impossible to forget It all for a week or two [having people wait a long time for the worst is the new medicine, IMHO; I protest]. O rules the house, is he not!

-

Just let some writing go off to review, and I have some of my favorite work ahead - answering letters ,) 'always nice to argue a little, if only when asked.

Good wishes to all who read & NIRDI, always!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200302-190249.png
    Screenshot_20200302-190249.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 40

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I‘ve just read that BA has suspended flights to JFK, I think it’s temporary, well at least I hope so. Edit to add, it’s due to lack of demand, rather than anything else.

@missy you always looks so stylish, even when all bundled up against the elements :D How’s Greg getting on with his PT? How much longer will he have to go for treatment? Ollie looks so cute playing with his fluffy:lol: Just my opinion, but if you’re not 100% about taking Cookie, please don’t feel you *have* to, you have so much on your plate, maybe you just don’t need anymore. She’s a pretty little thing, I don’t think she’ll be in need of a home for long. I’d hate to think you feel obligated, I worry it’ll be another problem for you to deal with.

@marcy I just love all your pink sparklies, I was looking for something in the safe the other day, and came across mine. I forget how lovely it it. That’s so great you were able to incorporate your studs from Marty in to your ring. It sounds as though you’re going to have to give in and go and see the Dr., your knee seems to be getting more troublesome. Believe me, I’m not one to go to the Dr., (I hobbled about on mine for probably a good couple of years), but sometimes you just have to say, enough, and bite the bullet.

Wow @Jimmianne, your project turned out beautifully, you’ve really breathed new life in to the piece, I love the colour, it’s very soothing and calm. How’re thing in your part of the world, all quiet I hope? Good luck with your Visa appt tomorrow.

Look at it this way @Tekate, you can always plant new trees, exactly where you want them, rather than trying to build around them. I’m looking forward to seeing some plans when we come in May. Auti is really looking like a proper little girl now (as opposed to a baby) she’s really growing up fast, so glad you have a good time with them. It seems pretty common to see young men these days who shave their heads. I was always in 2 minds about getting another dog when mine were old, I know lots of people say it gives the oldie a new lease of life, but I was always worried about a pup pestering the oldie. I think if we get 2, we’ll get them close together. Adam is talking about getting a dog, so maybe we‘ll get one each and they can be playmates.

@Mamabean, did you get all your supplies sorted out for your trip to your other home? Please try not to let the situation make you over anxious, I know your mother is elderly, and you have health issues, but you are taking all the precautions you need to. You can’t change your husband’s mind, it sounds as though he’ll do what he‘s going to do, so take care of yourself and the rest of the family.

Lovely photos @AV_ I’m glad you managed to get out and enjoy the great outdoors.

Hope things are good in your part of the world @Niffler75.

How’re all the other lovely NIRDIs, I hope you’ve all had a good weekend?

I didn‘t get to speak to Shirley yesterday, they had a visitor over the weekend (Bob’s childhood friend), but she emailed and sounded quite positive, and seems more interested in the baby, so I felt happy that she was in good spirits.

I went to the driving range this morning to try out my new clubs, and was really pleased with how I hit the ball.

We’re off shortly for a sauna, I think the exercises the physio gave me have made my shoulder ache , so hoping the heat will help:???:

:wavey:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina We have a wedding in Seattle on 4/11, we have not booked yet since we are lazy, and it's Auti's 1st birthday weekend, so John is going to the doctor today as he's been coughing for 6 weeks, no lie, he had a cold and it's turned into this never ending cough, so finally he's going in. He said this a.m. that he thought we shouldn't go to the celebration. I was okay with that. Anyway, not the mother of the groom (who lives in Charlottesville, VA) but John's sister who does live in Seattle called and suggested that we not come to Seattle as the virus is rapidly spreading, so that sealed it, as this is John's family I don't have to do the regrets after we said yes, but the wedding itself is just his/her/close friends and what we were all invited to was a celebration of the wedding.. fine, even Mike was going to go altho his cousin called him and said Auti could not attend because the place says everyone has to be over 21.. okay whatever. So Mike hasn't booked, nor has Chris so I think we are all going to miss this one. Chris will get the virus as he rides the subways everyday, but better he get's it in his apartment rather than Seattle. xoxo

@missy Ollie is such a sweetie pie! when he's good, I really love seeing pictures of him Missy, cats are so beautiful. Everything went well yesterday Missy. xoxox

@marcy do men really know how to do anything in the kitchen, as the years went by in my marriage John got dumber and dumber in the kitchen, but in all fairness I got dumber and dumber about our finances, mainly because he didn't like how I handled my checkbook back 30 years ago, so I let him slowly take it over. Now I have no idea how to get anything, altho I do have directions on how to :) xoxo

My high school reunion is in Connecticut in early June, I wonder if it will have to be cancelled? jeeze louise. :)

love to you guys.

Reactions: AV_

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AV_ it is a very nice place to be at AV.. lovely. xoxo

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Thank you for so many comments on my pink sapphires.

@missy lol that I survived a mess on my countertop. My knee is slightly better today. I worked on bending it a bit more this afternoon and survived that as well. I did enjoy all of your pictures. Oliver is such a cutie. Is he still biting you? I hope your doctors do follow through and agree on a plan for you. Nice that you are enjoying going for walks.

@Jiimmianne thank you. I lifted 91 pounds yesterday - 15 times. I appreciate you worrying about me; I hope my knee doesn’t convince me to go to the doctor. Your refinished dresser looks fabulous and that’s a great painting. Nice you can burn the roots and branches. Good luck with your Visa.

@Tekate the knee is better but still stiff and hurting. This spot has been giving me fits for years but I have successfully continued to ignore. The back of the other leg is kind of stiff today so who knows if lifting triggered this “yo Marcy” attack. The Nissans are nice too. It’s fun to get a new car. I hope John doesn’t have bronchitis or pneumonia. I hope the doctor fixes him right up. At least you are making some progress by having some of the trees removed. It’s sad you have to cut some down but I am sure there will be a lot left. Brunch looks fun. Auti is so cute; I love her hair.

@AV_ gorgeous plants and flowers. I want more sapphire rings; they are my weakness. Have a nice time writing letters and arguing a little.

@Austina I saw the story too about suspended BA flights to the US. I hope your travel plans aren’t cancelled. I am glad your found your pink sapphire; they are one of my favorite colors of sapphire. Are your knees better now? I know I’ll have to face that demon and go to the doctor but I hope not anytime soon. That is nice to hear Shirley was in good spirits. Sweet you did well with your new golf clubs. Sorry to hear your shoulder is aching; I hope it feels better now. Marty is a good cook; he’s also very good a making a big mess. His mother keeps her house so clean you could probably eat off the floor; he says that is why he is such a slob.

We had a lot of ice, wind but not much snow. Just enough to make it really crappy this morning. That bad patch of I-80 west of here had a 140 car pile up yesterday with 4 fatalities. How awful. There is about a 150 mile stretch that has very hazardous white out conditions when it is windy and snowing.
I wore another ring today with old earrings as the side stones. The rhodolite garnet was in my jewelers small selection of gemstones and the PC diamonds were 1/2 ctw studs from Kays. He made the ring in WG. It is one of my favorite rings. After I got my ACA PC 1/2 ctw studs I didn’t know what to do with my Kay’s studs. Accent diamonds was a great way to recycle them.

1583204673822.png

Take care.
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, this is where I am at:
Screenshot_20200302-190051.png Screenshot_20200302-190111.png
Screenshot_20200302-190249.png Screenshot_20200302-190825.png

Both types are scented, but then, every noticeable plant in these shots is & the sum total works well.

Only the mid-afternoon of Sunday was sunny & I sure went out, as you see. Then, the weather turned, so it rained enough overnight to let me burn the last of garden debris rather as you were doing the same @Jimmianne !

@marcy The light pink sapphire is quite a sight; I am loosing count of your fancy sapphires!

@missy Of course I agree that one more cat to your household would be a HEROIC addition [I am ever happy to not need any heroics] I wish you no worries until those two docs give you anything to think about; it might be impossible to forget It all for a week or two [having people wait a long time for the worst is the new medicine, IMHO; I protest]. O rules the house, is he not!

-

Just let some writing go off to review, and I have some of my favorite work ahead - answering letters ,) 'always nice to argue a little, if only when asked.

Good wishes to all who read & NIRDI, always!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

@AV_ Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow. Just what I needed to relax!

And my reply doesn't require an argument or rebuttal! (ohh….academia!!!!:bigsmile:)

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@marcy I just love ALL your stunning pink sapphires! In particular I love that you used the diamonds Marty got you for side stones.
Hi everyone! We moved my dh out of his apt so my house is even more full but it feels exciting to be in the same place always and make a home together! Tonight was thai food! Soon we will get in the make dinner routine lol!
I am thinking about everyone and really appreciate all the shout outs for my honeymoon ring! She's due in tomorrow, I do have 1 appt and am working from home so let's hope it all works out. @missy I love your fashion as always and those winter hats you go girl! Send you hugs! Thankfully my husbands landlord has already offered us time to come to jersey shore so hopefully we can connect! In the meantime...we came out in a blaze of glory! 20200229_173244.jpg
Love and hugs too all!

Attachments

• 20200229_172832.jpg
    20200229_172832.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 41

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies! Happy Tuesday to all. It's another lovely mild weather day by us here with rain predicted to arrive by the late afternoon.

@Jimmianne GOOD LUCK with your Visa appointment today and safe travels. And wow you are so talented. I love that dresser and that beautiful painting. Gorgeous. :love:
(((hugs))).

My high school reunion is in Connecticut in early June, I wonder if it will have to be cancelled? jeeze louise. :)

Ugh I hope not. I just received a note from my friend who was visiting us next month and now her trip is in question because of this darn virus. Somehow I hope this virus dies out and leaves everyone alone.

@missy good morning MIssy the marvelous! thank you Missy, we had a great time with the family yesterday, Auti crawled a bit yesterday! but that little one wants to be picked up rather than crawl.. my kind of girl! Mike makes her crawl for everything, tough Dad!. You guys look so wonderful, love your hat Missy girl. so beautiful! Give Greg a huge hug.. hope to see you soon. You probably read in the Times today that NYC had a reallllly low snow winter, now I thought (being Irish and all) that boy that's putting a kibosh on the city, spring isn't till the 21st.. of course hopefully it won't end the trend! love you girl xoxoxo
I'm going to read on Missy to see what is up for you guys today but I wanted to comment on what I've read so far, so if missed something I will post again! xoxoxo

What a wonderful brunch and how happy everyone looks. So happy you had a great time with your amazing family. Good food, great people- how could it not be a wonderful experience. Yes please no snow and continued mild weather. Loving the weather so much. Let's hope the NY Times did not jinx us.And haha being Irish and Jewish is quite similar as we are very superstitious about that kind of thing too. ::)

I am glad the builder is working and on top of the schedule but I feel you for losing lots of the trees. But it had to be done so there is nothing to be sorry about or second guess. You had no choice and it will be beautiful no worries. Just a chore getting there but soon enough you can look back on this and smile and feel good about it all. And of course you can always grow more trees etc. when the time is right.

I am sorry John is still under the weather so to speak and especially worried now about his continued coughing. I am glad he is seeing his PCP (today?) and please let us know what the doctor says. Probably wise not to go to the Seattle wedding with John not well and the virus being so contagious...Seattle has its share of the virus I believe so it's wise to be cautious and skip the celebration though I know it isn't ideal. But better safe than sorry. I hope John is all better soon and before his cataract surgery. That surgery hopefully will be a breeze. Just ask @Jimmianne !

Good luck to your DS and his move today. And I sure hope your visit is not postponed. What a crazy world we live in and it is always something or usually multiple somethings. Lots of hugs and love and good thoughts being sent your way. (((Hugs))).

@missy you always looks so stylish, even when all bundled up against the elements :D How’s Greg getting on with his PT? How much longer will he have to go for treatment? Ollie looks so cute playing with his fluffy:lol: Just my opinion, but if you’re not 100% about taking Cookie, please don’t feel you *have* to, you have so much on your plate, maybe you just don’t need anymore. She’s a pretty little thing, I don’t think she’ll be in need of a home for long. I’d hate to think you feel obligated, I worry it’ll be another problem for you to deal with.

Thank you @Austina I appreciate your kind words and your wise thoughts too. I do feel obligated as Tara contacted us a few days after the RW test was cultured and said she had another interested party and are we committed to taking Cookie if her RW test is negative to foster to adopt. I realize that was before my diagnosis and the whole lifestyle thing is in question now re moving and bending . It is surreal. But it is foster to adopt so if it doesn't work out... but I would feel guilty because each week that passes Cookie gets older and less adoptable if you kwim. Most people want a kitten and it is ironic I want an older cat but I have to adopt a kitten in order to maximize the chances of finding a good playmate for Oliver...

Greg is doing well thanks for asking. I mean he has days where his pain is higher than other days but for the most part he is doing very well. Walking well and all that. His knee swelling is sometimes not good and goes down to his ankle but the PT feels that is still normal.

I didn‘t get to speak to Shirley yesterday, they had a visitor over the weekend (Bob’s childhood friend), but she emailed and sounded quite positive, and seems more interested in the baby, so I felt happy that she was in good spirits.

I went to the driving range this morning to try out my new clubs, and was really pleased with how I hit the ball.

We’re off shortly for a sauna, I think the exercises the physio gave me have made my shoulder ache , so hoping the heat will help:???:

Glad Shirley is doing well and also that you got to try out your new clubs at the driving range. I am sorry your shoulder is still aching and hope the heat made it feel much better and that today you are in no discomfort or pain. How is Colin feeling? And I am sorry they are canceling flights and hope everything is back to normal soon. ((Hugs)).

@missy lol that I survived a mess on my countertop. My knee is slightly better today. I worked on bending it a bit more this afternoon and survived that as well. I did enjoy all of your pictures. Oliver is such a cutie. Is he still biting you? I hope your doctors do follow through and agree on a plan for you. Nice that you are enjoying going for walks.

He is more love biting me than hurt biting me but he does bite firmly and doesn't let go lol. Laughing just because he hasn't caused me to bleed lately. Oy and lol. Celebrating that fact and let's hope it stays that way. Thank you for enjoying my photos. Your photos are gorgeous and I enjoy every single one of them Marcy. And your pink sapphire is stunning. I love color and I love bright beautiful gems. They are happy gems and we always could use more of those. IMO.

Woohoo for lifting so much weight. 91 lbs fifteen times wow. I am reading what I need to do to help improve my bones and it is called progressive resistance and I have to build up the weight/resistance to where I can only lift the weight 8 times. I was never one who enjoyed weights and now I have to get my head into the space where yes I will do it and do it cheerfully because what good is it to be grumpy about it? But I am working my way to getting into that head space because frankly, I don't feel like adding this to my workout routine. And I am not going to lie. I am afraid of breaking...not joking. Since the diagnosis I have been feeling more fragile and vulnerable and I know I have to conquer that thinking process too. Just sharing to get it out of my head and make space for positive energy and a go get it attitude. We stopped by a Pilates studio yesterday (trying to find a good trainer knowledgeable about Osteoporosis) and the lovely manager was so enthusiastic and positive and said to me how wonderful I am being proactive. LOL she was a breath of fresh air and good energy and I appreciated her enthusiasm. Now I just need to get there myself. Definitely a work in progress mentally right now. But I am going to get there because I have no other choice.

We had a lot of ice, wind but not much snow. Just enough to make it really crappy this morning. That bad patch of I-80 west of here had a 140 car pile up yesterday with 4 fatalities. How awful. There is about a 150 mile stretch that has very hazardous white out conditions when it is windy and snowing.
I wore another ring today with old earrings as the side stones. The rhodolite garnet was in my jewelers small selection of gemstones and the PC diamonds were 1/2 ctw studs from Kays. He made the ring in WG. It is one of my favorite rings. After I got my ACA PC 1/2 ctw studs I didn’t know what to do with my Kay’s studs. Accent diamonds was a great way to recycle them.

I am sorry your weather is so bad and just please drive very carefully. I am glad you are enjoying your gemstones and your ring is beautiful. Accent diamonds is a great way to recycle the older bling and renew your love of them. Way to bling it on @marcy!

I am glad your knee is feeling better and may that continue. Have a good day today and drive safely and be careful and enjoy. LOL I know a lot of things to wish for you but yes please do all of the above. XOXO :halo:

-

First of all, thank you for sharing that lovely photo. It is a joyous one and anything that brings a smile to our faces is much appreciated. I hope your answering letters yesterday was enjoyable and I get what you mean. Yes it is always nice to have a lively discussion. As for adding one more cat yes I guess one could consider it heroic though I do not. I don't know if I could say no. If her addition disrupts the household further in terms of Oliver and Tommy and Bobby's behavior I guess that would be where I would draw the line. But certainly not for me. What is one more cat when we have the space and resources to adopt another who needs a good home?

Sending you big hugs @AV_ and have a lovely Tuesday. May it be filled with writing, flowers, yummy food and maybe a delightful walk later.

@missy I love your fashion as always and those winter hats you go girl! Send you hugs! Thankfully my husbands landlord has already offered us time to come to jersey shore so hopefully we can connect! In the meantime...we came out in a blaze of glory!

Oh what a beautiful view. And woohoo re your DH's previous landlord offering you to come to the shore and I would love to reconnect there again if it worked out.

Hi everyone! We moved my dh out of his apt so my house is even more full but it feels exciting to be in the same place always and make a home together! Tonight was thai food! Soon we will get in the make dinner routine lol!
I am thinking about everyone and really appreciate all the shout outs for my honeymoon ring! She's due in tomorrow, I do have 1 appt and am working from home so let's hope it all works out.

I cannot wait for you to get the ring and hope it works out that she comes while you are there. And yes to moving your DH out of his apartment and now you have your home together. It is a wonderful time. Yum to Thai food and yes to making dinner together a routine. It will happen fast enough and enjoy and cherish each day, each meal, each hour together. (((Hugs))).

@Mamabean how is your cold and how are you feeling? You are doing so much for everyone and please remember to take care of yourself. How is your mom doing? And David? Your DH ? Sorry I am asking so many questions but I feel I missed something and the thread moves so fast I cannot always keep up despite trying...I go back but cannot find posts discussing what I am looking for lol. Anyway hope all is well and sending you hugs.

GM @canuk-gal hope all is well with you and DH and your DS and everyone you love. How is the weather by you? Hugs.

@Slick1 good morning and hope you are enjoying a lovely week and feeling well. XO.

@Scandinavian continued well wishes being sent your way and lots of love.

@Daisys and Diamonds thinking of you Nicky. XO.

@Niffler75 hope you are having undisturbed sleep and that all is going smoothly by you. How is your DS doing? (((hugs))) to you and the kitties and your DS too.

Yesterday was just a perfect weather day. High 50s F and sunny. Greg found a Pilates studio for me that we went to and spoke with the manager and there are options for me. I have not yet contacted a PT who works with osteoporosis patients because it is a bit overwhelming and I am working my way towards contacting her. And there is another PT clinic (a distance away) that works with osteoporosis patients so I spoke with them briefly via phone yesterday and will call them today when I am in the right frame of mind and see what the specifics are re cost and timing etc.

We had a good PT session for Greg yesterday AM and then a lovely lovely walk later in the afternoon. Today lots on our schedule. Costco, laundry and of course working out and Greg's exercises and also some cooking (on Greg's part). In fact Greg is doing the laundry right now. Everything and I do mean everything has to be adjusted on my part to do things safely re the spine and putting no pressure on it. It is unbelievable how much I need to be aware of. I won't bore you with details but suffice to say I must be hyper mindful of all movements I make especially bending movements. I am not allowed to do flexion (bending forward and bending my spine) and have to bend from the hip and use my knees. No more back bending and if you are aware of it you will see most of us bend/use flexion multiple times a day. Doing almost all things. OK enough about that. I said I wouldn't bore you with details and there I go boring you with details.:roll::oops: Sorry!

Please excuse my wet head here...it was mild enough that I washed my hair and didn't let it fully dry before we left for our afternoon walk. I don't even have a hair dryer that works anymore but because my hair is so thin it dries pretty fast...so I guess there is a silver lining to many things lol.

missyandgregwalkmarch2020.png

Have a wonderful Tuesday lovely ladies and sending you many hugs from Brooklyn NY.
Sort of how I am feeling right now...:twirl:

Screen Shot 2020-03-03 at 5.33.36 AM.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Lifting, Marcy!
I worry about your knee, I care about you. Ugh to aches and pains. Yay to playing games : ) you do many interesting things with your DH.

Missy, do I detect a deepening affection for handsome Oliver? He will mellow. [gosh I hope I am right!]
I have my thinking cap on...could your DH build an elevated litter box that is part of a « system » for the cats...like those kitty climbing things with platforms?

Mamabean, how are you feeling today??

Projects??
I finished painting the old brown dresser in the living room and am happy with it. My aloof french lady likes it as well.

EBFDFF5B-2EE9-4BFF-B378-1698E409FE00.jpeg A5A1BC67-6D9E-4C14-B9FD-0A2DE2C41C7E.jpeg
Found out today that I can have a burn pile in my garden...which is good because there are at least two dumptruck loads of roots and branches from the garden cleaning last spring. So I will sit up on my little hill in a warm coat and dream by a fire.
Tomorrow is my visa appointment, an hour away, which I will travel to in my tiny Twingo...hope the wind’s not too bad. Two days ago I ventured out and got blown all over the place. Twingos are not for sissies. LOL

Ooooooooh @Jimmianne! I love the color! It looks gorgeous! I have the same color on a little table I picked up..I’ll take a pic after I get David on the bus! I bought the little table at an antique shop. I liked it because the back looked like waves..It needs another coat..You have inspired me to get it done!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Jimmianne I am sorry I forgot to answer your excellent question about elevating the cat litter. We thought about it but Bobby and Tommy are getting older and elevation and steps might be too challenging for them soon. Plus it couldn't be elevated high enough to make a difference truth be told. I am not keeping my spine perfectly straight most of the day. It is freaking hard to do :/ I am not giving up but I cannot do it the way I should do it...Greg is cleaning the lowest litter boxes (one in bedroom and one in Oliver's playpen) and I am doing the 2 in the exercise room sitting on a stool but I know I am not keeping my spine straight. I am not as aware of my body in space as I want to be...I am working on it.

Are you keeping your spine straight? Of course perhaps you dont have to as I do not know your spine score. My spine score was the lowest of all my body parts measured sadly. And that is my biggest worry...vertebral fractures as that would ruin my quality of life. But one day at a time and I do the best I can do...far from perfect though :(

Please come here and let us know how your Visa appointment went. Fingers crossed still!

Oh and as far as becoming more fond of Oliver, well, it depends when you ask me. He keeps chasing my sweet Tommy away. Tommy was just on my lap and Oliver sees this and jumped up and off Tommy ran with much growling ensuing. So right now, NO, I am not fond of him and in fact I just put Oliver in his playpen to keep Tommy at peace. Grrr and sigh.

@Mamabean how are you feeling this AM? Healing hugs!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning @missy! I got over the cold pretty quickly. It was full blown on the first day...Friday morning..By Saturday afternoon it was 90% gone...It was completely gone by Sunday. Thank you for checking on me! xxoo
I didn’t read everyone’s posts yet. My mom has been vomiting this morning..so am trying to figure out what she has..

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning @missy! I got over the cold pretty quickly. It was full blown on the first day...Friday morning..By Saturday afternoon it was 90% gone...It was completely gone by Sunday. Thank you for checking on me! xxoo

Whew! So glad you got over it quickly! Thank you for letting me know. You and @Tekate's dh John have been on my mind as well as Austina and Colin and @canuk-gal 's dh too. @marcy and her knee and of course @Scandinavian and @Slick1 and @junebug17 's brother...It's crowded in my brain. ::)

Enjoy a wonderful day Joanne and hugs.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy I had a pang of dread imagining your dealing with five four cats going at each other, while changing course of action on medical problems - yours & Greg's; the new cat looks small and young, more prey than mate for O, & if they do not get along, it better be that your house is big enough for the cats to not find each other very often (Versailles?) I hope your trainer can figure out changes to your routine as you start lifting [OK; I am the lover of anaerobic exercise, you are quite the opposite! If I had to change everything after years and years, I'd book a pro to ask what it takes to run/bike/swim without breaking anything & get a drink too ,( On the other hand, I can testify that doing hard & slow things is very nice indeed; lifting is heaven, you could hear the world quiet & disappear, if we are anything alike.]

@canuk-gal Why, I'd be happy to show you my walks any day, this is just minutes off the end of my street [there is so much more I have not walked through around - must do!]. Canadian orchids - even more than here, will be around in June - August, not late February; I am proud of this weather, what can I say ... ,)

Screenshot_20200303-135549.png Screenshot_20200303-135444.png

@Tekate Uh, I need to look for a house & dread the notion. Of course, it must be right here, I can't decide on anything else.

on with today

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another setback. The physical therapist who has osteoporosis experience has no available appointments until June...:(

Hi @AV_ there is no one right way. We enjoy what we enjoy. Our house isn’t Versailles per se but it can handle 4 cats. Hopefully. The rescue people insist Cookie can hold her own. We shall see.

Orchidlicious ❤️

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I have a weak back. I have to be careful lifting and bending over. Kick one leg out straight like a crane when you bend over. It keeps your back and spine straight.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I have a weak back. I have to be careful lifting and bending over. Kick one leg out straight like a crane when you bend over. It keeps your back and spine straight.

Omg my balance is terrible. I’ll try it but not sure I’ll succeed. Thank you for the tip! And I’m sorry about your bad back. :(

@missy JUNE! ... NY ought to do better ,(

I know. I’m sad. She was my best bet. I’m not sure I’ll schedule June with her because we do want to have a somewhat happy life and am hoping we can spend the summer at the shore. So much has been taken away and I am hoping we can still enjoy a nice summer. None of us know what the future holds but this new uncertainty (re OP meds, exercises and fracture risk) is weighing heavily on me.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy LOL I forgot to say hold on to something with one hand..

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy There is no way for me to tell what your back can do. You do sound scared ,( I tend to prepare for talking with doctors as if I were to address the parliament, because I know they cannot know what & how to tell, then, they'll second guess me wrong & I do not get that much nuance in Spanish [to make things interesting, Andaluz Spanish is very fast & rife with good old words of wisdom that mean nothing at all to me, much of the time; I am merely half way through the local library!] It may well be that the doctor who diagnosed lower bone density, did not think through how to describe your state. I am puzzled of what exactly 1% or 10 % or X% of bone density means in terms of overall bone mechanics, not least beacause the structure is very complicated [this came up in some of the literature I had to go though, but is not my thing; I know more of some aspects of bone mineralization on the smallest scale & relating the two is a big deal.] Who called you 'proactive'? They must have recognized that you are in a very early stage, when nothing is to be addressed but some fairly far away future. I cannot know! ,( I am no good at telling such things either ,(

I have just tried what I think @Mamabean sugested & hm... yes, my back can only stay straight on the way down, funny that!

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Mamabean good suggestion!

@AV_ it was the manager of the Pilates place Greg and I stopped by yesterday. Sadly nothing based in fact. She only meant good for me taking steps to improve my health. I am in full osteoporosis unfortunately. So marching forward and continuing to learn along the way and choose the options best for me. OP meds do not have a good track record from what I can ascertain. But I work with what I have. Thanks for your continued support and good humor.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy I wish I could help both you, and the two physiotherapists down the street who have more free time than they can handle & went through a few years of medical school for it too. Arrgh!

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone, Hope you are all having a good day.

@missy ((hugs)), this new diagnosis is a lot to take on board. I have issues too with lack of awareness of my body position. It's also a known issue with Ehlers Danlos. Physio did help somewhat. I tend to not be aware my joints are hyperextending putting me at risk of dislocation and soft tissue injury. I wish I could drop around take you out for a treat to cheer you up! ;)2
@AV_ I am really enjoying your photos. In the next month we should have a carpet of bluebells in our local woods. I will try to remember to upload photos as it is absolutely beautiful.

@Mamabean I am glad you are feeling better but sorry to hear your mum is not well. Wishing her a speedy recovery.

@Scandinavian and @Daisys and Diamonds Thinking of you both, Hope you are ok.

@Jimmianne Gosh I am really impressed with your furniture makeover pics. I am fairly creative but not sure I would have the patience. However I do love recycling and upcycling so maybe I will be inspired!

@Austina How's thinks? I hope you are well.

@marcy Wowzers I love your pink sapphires. I am not a great lover of pink in general but they are truly beautiful.

Another quiet day here, sunny and cold. On our walk today my son spotted our mallard ducks on the little stream and hopes they will lay eggs this year.

Take care everyone, will check in again soon! x

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Hi @Niffler75, we’re fine here thanks. Just wish the weather would buck up, we’re sick of rain.

Love the photos @AV_ we have daffodils in bloom, and my camellia is covered in flowers. A little earlier than usual this year, but we’ve had a mild winter.

Glad to hear you’re feeling better @Mamabean, but sorry to hear your mother’s not feeling too good. Hopefully she’ll be better soon.

I understand @missy, but if it doesn’t work out with Cookie, I feel sure someone else will take her, she’s such a little beauty, and ultimately, you have to take care of yourselves first and foremost. I know you will find a way to deal with your latest health issues, it‘s frightening and overwhelming to think that something else is wrong, but you WILL get to grips with it. I’m so sorry you can’t get an appt any sooner than June, is there anyone who specialises in online coaching to get you started straight away with effective exercises? I know it’s not the same as Greg, but my friend who had surgery on her foot was still getting swelling for several months after, but it’s all settled now.

That’s great that your DH is now ‘at home’ with you @bling_dream19 - now all you have to do is find room for all his stuff! Has your gorgeous ring arrived today?

How are your DS and DH doing @canuk-gal, hopefully they’re both feeling good.

I though that was a purple sapphire @marcy, it’s lovely, I have some rhodolite garnet pieces, they’re a lovely raspberry jam colour. Yuk to your weather, at least we’ve only got rain. How’s your knee feeling?

I think this Corona virus is going to be a waiting game @Tekate, it puts it into perspective when you hear that 40,000 people die every day from TB. It’s sensible not to expose yourself unnecessarily, so if you don’t need to go to affected areas, then stay home. We’re going on holiday in 2 weeks, as far as we’re aware, there’ve been no reported cases in the Caribbean, and there are no travel restrictions there yet.

Colin had another physio session this morning, and she said if he’s feeling ok tomorrow, then cancel his session for Thursday, but go again next week. He can also start hitting golf balls from Monday. I’ve got a physio session tomorrow, (hopefully my last), I think part of my problem is that I do tense my shoulders unconsciously.

I hope all the other lovely NIRDIs are OK :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results