color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello ladies

Happy Friyay, and happy us women’s day :D

@missy so glad you’re ok, and no surprise that the saintly Greg is taking such good care of you. As we say here, that man loves the bones of you!

I’m actually surprised you managed to get any sleep with that huge contraption on, but well done for even managing a few hours. I hope you’re not in too much pain, and it’s already one less day that you’ve gotta wear it.

Good luck @Scandinavian it looks very cold there, but very picturesque. Go T go!!

Hi @Calliecake - any nearer to a decision yet? Do they do the 48 hrs test drives there? Might help in deciding if you can drive a car for more than 5 mins.

Hope Marty’s check up with the dermo went well today @marcy, Colin is now on 6 monthly checks, but better to be safe than sorry. How’s the weather, still freezing? I’m not sure I could live somewhere where it seems to be winter 8 months a year :cool2: How was work today?

Any plans for the weekend @junebug17 I think it’s going to be staying in keeping warm here?

Will you be working all weekend @AV_, I hope not and you find time for some relaxing?

Gates are supposed to be done by next weekend, we shall see :roll2:

Nothing planned for us, Colin will be watching the rugby tomorrow afternoon, I’ve got washing and cooking to do, oh the excitement, how will I cope :lol:

Big wave out to all the lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

Reactions: AV_

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy The contraption that is keeping you up - now that I'm thinking, might be patentable as a voting aid (by a raising of hands), what better to keep track of this particular gesture while the mind wanders... I'd bet this is not in the original patent!
On another hand, what is it for!? My hand goes numb in that position in a minute.

@Scandinavian Happy to see beautiful wild things! They must have cousins here, but we haven't been introduced.

@Austina There is not a chance I will toil this weekend, trust me. I want to get done, but there will be some fun too - & sleep, if I can figure out how it works ,)

Last edited:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I can see where it would be a real challenge to sleep with that big thing on. You are getting the best of care from Greg, that's for sure! I feel for you, it's got to be rough keeping your hand up all the time. I hope your spirits are ok and you can get some rest tonight.

HI @canuk-gal! Life can throw some pretty tough stuff at us sometimes - I hope you're managing ok and finding ways to de-stress - thinking of you. <3

@marcy, ugh, so sorry about the computer difficulties at work, that's terrible. And at a time when you're busy, grr. Lol to needing flip flops, you're having a heat wave. Sorry Marty has to go to the dermatologist and I hope it's nothing serious.

@av, so sorry you can't sleep! I hope tonight goes better for you. and yes, Zoe has the right idea! And so do you, when you include a good book :kiss2:

@Scandinavian, best of luck tomorrow! Your pictures are beautiful :love: A true winter wonderland.

@Austina, looks like I'm joining you in having a quiet weekend! Dh and I will watch some golf, and I'll putter around the house. Ds is going to be around so maybe we'll go out to eat.

Love to all!

Reactions: AV_

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I hope today went better than yesterday. At least you are home and Greg is taking good care of you. Anytime you are with Greg all is good. I am sure you having a good time catching up on shows you have wanted to see. Did you not react well to the twilight? I’ve never heard of a anyone having a hard time with. The contraption you need to wear is a different story. That doesn’t look comfortable at all.

@Tekate , I hope you had a wonderful time on your trip and are looking time to spending time with your family at the shower. I can’t wait to hear all about your trip and the shower. It always a fun time getting to spend time with your family. The vacation pics were beautiful. A very welcome distraction from the weather we have been having here in the midwest! Thank you Kate for letting me live vicariously thru you!

@junebug , Dinner and watching Golf sounds like the perfect weekend for my DH. We are hoping to go to dinner this weekend. Weather is supposed to be snowing and crummy so gettimg a pizza may be more how it goes.

@Austina , Still haven’t decided on a car. Made the mistake of stopping iat the Mercedes dealer and found a car I fell in love with. Brought the brochure home to show DH. It was more than I wanted to spend so kind of brushed it off. We had a crazy day today. Internet company was here all morning try to figure out what was wrong with our internet. They were In and out of the house and drove the furbaby crazy. Lost of barking and a headache for me LOL. Then I realized I lost my drivers license. DH went to the dealer to see if I had left it there as I frantically looked everyone possible for the license in the house and my car, DH came home and first words out of his mouth were the brochure didn’t do the car justice. Needless to say he also loved it. So now we are discussing if that’s the car I will get. As you can see I don’t know what I’m doing. Found my the license two hour after he came home. Aren’t you sorry you asked LOL???

@marcy, Why on earth do companies chose to make changes and upgrades to equipment at the worst times? Hoping Marty’s dermatologists appointment went well and they didn’t need to do any cutting.

@Scandinavian , Beautiful pictures!!! Sending good thoughts for the completions. Hoping your baby does well!

@Jimmianne, @Sandeek, @canuk-gal and @av, Hope you are doing well and have a fun weekend planned.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Reporting from Brooklyn NY. Looks like a beautiful day today this day before Daylight Savings woohoo. I love DST because it is lighter in the evening.:appl:

@junebug17 aww thanks, I am doing OK. Greg is taking excellent care of me and my friends are checking in with me and keeping me busy so it is going as well as it can and I am in good spirits. I need my hair washed desperately though lol. Hope you are enjoying a good start to the weekend dear Junie. ((Hugs)).

@Austina your weekend plans sound perfect to me.:bigsmile: And sending you good luck for the fixing of your gates next weekend. I have never heard of that saying but I love it, thank you. Love to you and Colin and Dottie. XO

@Scandinavian thank you sweetie...beautiful photos, enjoy! And hugs back at ya.

@AV_ haha yes I thought the same but I am moving my fingers often as instructed. It is not a contraption for fun but for necessity and I guess we do what we need to and adapt. When I had a leg cast on for 4 months (or longer?) somehow I managed. And compared to that this is not bad. Hope your writing is going well. I appreciate 2 hands for writing as this one finger typing is taking a long time lol.

If only we could come up with an invention that could be enjoyed by millions we could rest easy for the rest of our time on earth. I have lots of ideas but just need someone to help figure out how to make it come to fruition...are you game? 8) :bigsmile:

@Calliecake I did fine with the anesthesia thanks. No issues. And everyone was so nice there too. Makes the experience less scary. My bp was too high but I do get that when nervous and I think anyone who is about to undergo surgery in the hospital would be nervous. It was 150/100 I think. I have to monitor myself at home as my internist keeps reminding me to do. I never have normal blood pressure at the doctors office but generally it isn't that high. ::)
Hope Callie calmed down yesterday after you had the cable people there and glad everything is fixed now. We like our internet.:kiss: Re the car-sometimes too many choices make it hard to decide. You must think about your non negotiable and proceed from there. IOW, narrow it down.;))

@marcy how did Marty's appointment go? Hope all is well. Thanks for always cheering me up and your sweet messages and keeping me company. You're a doll. I dud beat Greg at scrabble yesterday lol. You predicted that.:halo: How was your astronomy meeting last night?

@Sandeek thinking of you and sending healing vibes. May the bone fully fuse before your next surgery. (((HUGS))).

@ringo865 hope you're enjoying your new toys and continuing to feel A OK.

@Jimmianne just gorgeous. :love: Enough said.

@canuk-gal I am thinking of you and sending hugs your way.

@Tekate sending you hugs and love and can't wait to hear about everything. Vacation and parties and celebration. All happy and joyous. (((Hugs))).

Yesterday lots of friends called me and then Greg and I played Scrabble and then my parents visited and my mom brought me some books so perhaps I can get into reading. It is challenging to sit still for me and I miss working out. The surgeon told me no working out for 2 weeks but both Greg and I think that is overkill and as long as I keep my arm elevated I might try the stationary bike today or tomorrow. Maybe, depending how I feel. I haven't taken any Percocet and since the surgery day I have not taken anything but that 1 Tylenol Thursday at 4PM and hoping I can continue not needing pain meds. I do have a high tolerance for pain generally.

We are planning a walk today as I was in all day yesterday and today might be nice out. Tomorrow it is supposed to rain and i can't get the hand wet so I will be indoors tomorrow. I really need my hair washed but I will try waiting one more day and have Greg wash it tomorrow. It isn't easy washing my curly tangly hair and I don't want anymore ripped out than necessary lol. One has to be very careful when shampooing and conditioning and combing out the tangles and I am not excited to have anyone do it for me but for the next 12 days that's the way it has to be. I am trying to go 3 days between shampoos but generally every other day is my max so not sure if i can manage waiting that long between shampoos.

Haha talk about an exciting life @junebug17 and @Austina I think for now I take that award. Not. :P2 :lol:

Leaving you with a photo from Costco yesterday that Greg sent me while he was shopping there. Isn't this precious? A pigicorn. I am in love.:kiss2: LOL.

Screen Shot 2019-03-09 at 6.47.39 AM.png

I think I need this.:cheeky:

Have a happy Caturday Saturday lovely ladies!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs. Sorry I have been remiss. It hasn’t been a smooth recovery. In fact, if it can happen, it’s happened to me it seems. I wish I could keep up with this wonderful thread full of kind, generous ladies. I check in when I can but haven’t felt that I can respond thoroughly between work and Dr appts and soaking the area. But I do so appreciate the warm wishes from you all!
Hope all is well with everyone.
@missy I am hoping you are feeling well today and enjoy your walk! Get it in today for sure. Tomorrow’s weather is iffy.
So woe is me..I thought I would catch you all up on my progress or lack thereof. The metal hardware has become infected and has been draining for a couple of weeks. This is my face after all so it’s not easy to stomach. Speaking of stomachs, I am also still battling C Diff. Presently I am on two antibiotics, one for the tummy and the other for the plate infection. I will be having the metal removed next Monday, 3/18. Praying the bone has fused enough to warrant no further reinforcement/insertion of metal. But as of Wednesday’s X-ray, it seems one area has healed while the other spot not so much. The infectious disease dr suggests this is possibly because the infection is preventing fusion. Ughhh.
After the surgery (third on same spot under jaw; should have just put a zipper in there, they’ve gone in so many times....) I will need another PICC line, intravenous IV at home antibiotic infusions for six weeks again! You just can’t make this up! I am trying to be positive that this will be then end but I’ve been thinking that since last April.
It’s also weighing heavily on my mind the why of this all. I have pretty much been the picture of health, teeth, body and mind before this. I can’t help but wonder who or what happened. I am gathering my medical records since I think I know the origin. Reading through my records makes me feel sick to my stomach. How could this have gotten so out of hand? I have it accept this new me, I know, but my spirit is down. Recent pictures of me make me so sad too. :cry2: I have to avoid being photographed and my DS is being married in seven months :(2
Anyhow, just wanted to check in and let you all to know that I often think of you all and appreciate all of the love, compassion and understanding.
Enjoy your weekend ladies! ((Hugs))

Healthy is wealth. Don’t sweat the small stuff! Mantras I now live by...

ETA Missy, my hubby washed my hair several times for me too, love these men!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear @Sandeek, Greg and I (and I know all the NIRDIs) are sending you love and healing dust and keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. This absolutely sucks and you are going through hell right now. You will get through this nightmare and come out of it healthy and well and even stronger than before. You are handling all this so amazingly and you are going to be more than OK after you get through this. As my dear grandma used to say...this too shall pass. In the meantime we are all rooting for you and on your side and here for you any way we can be. XOXO.

healing.gif

Sending you love and light.

ea01aa6d668c16a9e9f6de82dc292941.gif

You will be dancing and laughing and looking beautiful at your DS's wedding!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ETA Missy, my hubby washed my hair several times for me too, love these men!

@Sandeek we are so lucky in many ways. Our DHs give us strength and hope. And yes take amazing care of us and wash our hair too.:halo: Health is wealth indeed but having supportive and generous and loving partners makes us rich beyond compare in many other ways. Honey you will regain your health. Of that I feel sure. (((Hugs))).

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Sandeek, it is awful what you are going through. What a trooper you are.
Add the powerfully positive energy being sent to you right now with all the rest of the good wishes here.
<3 <3 <3

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, so happy you are though surgery and Greg is taking good care of you!
What an impossible task to keep one’s hand elevated for that long.
But it must be important (((sigh))) so, keep up the good work.

Sorry I am not keeping up here as I would like. Lurking yes, writing, no.
Two weeks until France and so much to do, plus Mr.Monet’s surgery.
One day at a time! Still haven’t quite wrapped my head around the fact that my DD is getting married at the end of the month. All the plans are happening so far away! It will probably become real when I get there. We are already in the thick of getting ready for the AUGUST ceremony so I get confused about what happens when, but...it’s happening!
They must be going crazy there lol. I will enjoy the sanity here while I can.
So, cheers and happy Saturday XX

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's! I will be back to post later today.

Missy, I've been thinking of you and hope you are doing well.

I wanted your opinions on some jewelry shopping.
So for my jewelry decisions - Brittany from WF got back to me and the mounting I picked for the .25 carat ACA melee is a bit smaller than what I had so I am passing on that idea. This is an occasional piece I'll wear when some of the WG / Platinum rings I wear and I don't want to spend a great deal on it since I still owe myself the last 1/3 of our Amish furniture. Brittany found a mounting similar to what I lost for a 1/2 carat but that puts the pendant at $2000 or more. Right now I am leaning towards a .40 carat ACA plus pendant maybe in the $1500 range. Plus an ACA is always up-gradable. So this image shows the pendant I lost plus 3 options with Stuller mountings. I will probably got with a F diamond although G would be fine. Which one do you like?
options.png
i'll be back.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sandeek, I am so sorry to hear what is going on with you. Big hugs and I hope you get better.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Sandeek, You have been thru so much. It’s completely understandable that you are feeling the way you are. I wish I was better at words and could help you. Unfortunately I am not eloquent. Please try to take all of this one day at time. You will get thru this. You are a strong woman. That comes thru in all your posts. The days you feel bad come here and vent. I have often hoped you have people you can easily talk to about what you are going thru.

Somethings in life we never get answers for why things happened or turned out the way they did. Would answers change the situation now? Sometimes the best we can do is accept things and move on the best we can. Believe me, I know this isn’t easy.

Sandeek you are a beautiful woman. The only thing that will matter to all who love you at your son’s wedding is you are there sharing the day with them. Please do not let this get in the way of enjoying the truly happy moments of your life. I know you have a wonderful family who want to help you thru all of this. Please know we are here for you too.

Please ignore anything I have wrote that isn’t helpful to you. I think of you often and wonder how you are doing. I’m sorry you are going through something so difficult. I also apologize for all the ridiculous things I write in this thread.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's! I will be back to post later today.

Missy, I've been thinking of you and hope you are doing well.

I wanted your opinions on some jewelry shopping.
So for my jewelry decisions - Brittany from WF got back to me and the mounting I picked for the .25 carat ACA melee is a bit smaller than what I had so I am passing on that idea. This is an occasional piece I'll wear when some of the WG / Platinum rings I wear and I don't want to spend a great deal on it since I still owe myself the last 1/3 of our Amish furniture. Brittany found a mounting similar to what I lost for a 1/2 carat but that puts the pendant at $2000 or more. Right now I am leaning towards a .40 carat ACA plus pendant maybe in the $1500 range. Plus an ACA is always up-gradable. So this image shows the pendant I lost plus 3 options with Stuller mountings. I will probably got with a F diamond although G would be fine. Which one do you like?
options.png
i'll be back.
Marcy

@marcy I'm not sure which I like best. Truthfully I like the top one best but I'm guessing you cannot duplicate that one? If I have to choose I pick the middle one. I don't love the hard edges of the last one with the beautiful soft ACA and I don't love the asymmetry of the first setting. However as you know there is no right or wrong and you choose the one you love. Just sharing my thoughts since you asked. It is going to be gorgeous with an ACA and such a high colored one too. Sweet.:kiss2:

How did Marty's appointment go?

I'm doing OK, thanks for asking. I did 20 miles on the stationary bike this AM and Greg and I just got back from a nice long walk. It is a beautiful day out today so wanted to enjoy it outside. Greg retrofitted a sling to keep my finger elevated above my heart while walking and it worked like a charm.

Screen Shot 2019-03-09 at 3.32.27 PM.png

Sending (((hugs))) to all who need them. XOXO.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! Sending big hugs to all of you whether you are recovering from surgery and some ills or just because it’s Saturday.

Callie, do you think the snow and cold will ever stop? I looked at Kate’s tropical pictures several time wishing I was there. I was wondering the same thing about computer upgrades; they gave us 3 days notice and didn’t even check to see when a convenient time would be to interrupt our work. I was going to take my work laptop in that day but since I spent a few hours a day reviewing reports I decided I’d save those for my down time.

Missy, I am glad everyone is keeping you company. I hope you are doing okay today. I am glad you got some sleep; I can’t imagine sleeping with that contraption would be comfortable at all. I knew Greg would be taking great care of you. It does seem excessive to keep your hand elevated that long but then again I have no idea why they think it’s necessary. Marty’s dermatologist cut off 2 moles and took a sample of the spot on this face. Hopefully they don’t call him back. You are being a better patient than Marty - he already removed all of his bandages and doesn’t plan on using vaseline or Neosporin on those spots. He’s invincible - just ask him. DST is nice for evening but the morning sun was just getting high enough to block with my visor; come Monday that big old ball of light will be back on the horizon and blinding me on my way to work. I use my badge for work to block it out. I get white coat syndrome on PB too. The pigicorn is very cute. The sling Greg made for you is perfect. He is so creative and clever; definitely a big picture - problem solver. That’s great you did some time on your bike this morning. The original pendant can be duplicated with a little larger mounting and diamond but would cost about $2500 or more; if I hadn’t spent so much on the house I’d go for it. I’ll post that picture below. The one you picked of the 3 is the one I like the best too. I worry about the pointy one because I have a mole on my chest that gets stabbed sometimes.

Scandi, I hope the competition goes well and I love your gorgeous snow pictures. They would be wonderful Christmas cards.

Austina, I can’t imagine anyone could sleep with that huge contraption. I remember having one of those big boot velcro things on a sprained ankle once; it was so heavy I went to turn over in bed and it pulled me right out on the floor. It make quite a sound too when me and that boot hit the floor at 2 in the morning. Only my pride was hurt though. Being an astronomy teacher you’d think I’d know gravity wins every time it’s tried. Glad to hear Colin is on the 6th month check up schedule. Marty was too but had to cancel his appointment last year so time so I’ve been nagging at him since to get in for a checkup. They are running a biopsy on a spot on his check. It had beed growing and getting worse for several months and once he made the appointment it looked better. We are in the low 30’s today; I guess Tuesday and Wednesday we can expect snow and cold again. My mom always said Wyoming has 9 months of winter and 3 months of damn cold weather. It does warm up enough to bring on hail and tornadoes; I guess I’d rather have snow than that. I am crossing my fingers and toes that your gate is finished next weekend. You day sounds as exciting as mine; I did dishes and I am working on laundry.

AV, i hope you did have some fun this weekend. You deserve it.

Junebug, it will take me a while to get us to Windows 10. It reminds me of Vista that is trying to mimic an iPad operating system. Sadly it doesn’t do a very good job of it. I hope you are having a relaxing weekend. Marty isn’t even here right now and I have on golf. It looks warmer in Florida than here.

Sandeek, I am so sorry to hear how many issues you are dealing with and how one thing leads to another. How frustrating. Wish you the best and know I am keeping you in my thoughts.

Jimmianne, I bet the wedding and wedding plans seem a bit surreal right now. It will all be a blur once you get there too; how exciting though. I hope Mr Monet’s surgery goes well.

i slept in until 7 and even woke up before Marty the insomniac. I am working on laundry, I lifted a while ago and I am noticing a muscle on the top of my arm is achy while I type. it must be working, eh?

Take care.
Marcy

Here is the 1/2 carat version that is similar to my original pendant. If I go down in color on my ACA it would be more in the range I want to spend right now
upload_2019-3-9_14-21-1.png

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Calliecake Ohmygoodness! Your post brought tears to my eyes. Not eloquent? You articulated beautifully everything I am feeling and helped me see some things that I hadn’t before. What you wrote truly touched me. I know you are right about the past not helping the present and future. Thank you so much for making me see the positives and reminding me to live life, even if it’s hampered by unpleasantness. My husband is the best. He comes to appts, drives me everywhere and doesn’t bat an eye one bit when I spend on frivolous things that will make me happy. I also have been assigned a nurse from my insurance co. who calls bi-weekly. She is a health and wellness coach. I call her my therapist. Her voice and manner is so soothing. She has me meditating and visualizing and relaxing. I do have a good support system, but, I hate being that person. The sick one...feel so inadequate.
Thank you @missy @marcy and @Jimmianne and all the wonderful NIRDIs ((Hugs)) for your continued prayers, thoughts and warm wishes.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sandeek, I am glad you have so much support in this challenging time. Callie definitely hit a home run with her thoughts and words of comfort. That is the best any of us can do is live for today and not dwell on things we can't change. If only that was easier to do, huh? Sending you big hugs.

th

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Sandeek Good to see you back! - even without good news. I know nothing of your kind of trouble, and wonder if I could take it (not!). I doubt anyone worries about your turning your other cheek for some of the photography settings. I would arrange this with the photographer to get things staged - it is what they do.

@missy Cross my heart! (as you do ,) I only ever had one idea, and this is what it's like taking it anywhere far from both my ears. It costs so much to do, Stanford can hardly foot the bill (the upgrade at SLAC, not that it is on my behalf). Then, it cost a 5 carat D/VS to get here. I can talk almost anyone out of their ideas, and this is my so called job at the moment - it'll be short, unless I am egregiously wrong.

The nice part is not Ideas - a contact sport, where I am the woman, but Granada & the pearls & such other things, including writing here.

@marcy Might it be the case that Marty wants the scars? (half-joking)

I really like the pendant. Diamond reflecting onto metal is a great look for larger stones, I think & I remember an astonishing pendant with a light colored sapphire done in this way by McTeigue.

@Jimmianne There's so much change in your life! Darned whirlwinds...

-

I am certainly going to make this Sunday a holiday (or else).

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, nice that you got out of the house and went for a walk, it probably helped to break up the day for you. I'm glad your parents visited, I'm sure that helped to pass the time too. The sling Greg came up with is a great idea and does seem to work really well. Glad to hear you're not in pain or a lot of discomfort.

@marcy, I think the G ACA will look beautiful in that last pendant you posted! It would be nice to be able to go with that one since it resembles the one you lost. I really hope Marty's test results are negative.

@Calliecake, even though I'm sorry you lost your license, at least it was a way for your dh to see the car in person! I'm glad he's on board and I hope you get the car of your dreams. And I'm very glad you found your license! I hope your internet is up and running by now.

@Sandeek, I just want to add my good thoughts and best wishes to everyone else's - I am so sorry your recovery is not going smoothly and you are still struggling. It's understandable you'd be feeling down. I'm glad the nurse is providing support, and that you have such a wonderful husband helping you through this. Sending you lots of love and comfort. Calliecake said it beautifully - don't let this keep you from enjoying the happy times of your life, such as your son's wedding. Thank you for checking in and please post whenever you need some support and company. Xxx

@Jimmianne, yes, you might as well enjoy being spared from the wedding anxiety and planning, at least for now! Sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now but yes, just take it one day at a time, things always end up falling into place. Keeping Mr. Monet in my thoughts and hoping his surgery goes well.

@av, I hope you had a pleasant weekend and got a chance to relax, and I hope you are getting some sleep!

Nothing new here, just spent the day hanging out with dh. And ds joined us for dinner, so it was nice to spend a little time with him.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls! Happy little and big dog day Sunday and DST! It is a rainy day here so we won't appreciate the extra daylight later today but soon enough. Hope everyone is doing well.

@junebug17 thanks, hope you're enjoying a good weekend. Nice DS joined you last night for dinner.

@marcy men lol. Hope Marty's results are benign. Fingers crossed. Love your ACA pendant and yes to that choice you last posted. Sweet. Thank you for being such a good friend. (((Hugs))).

@AV_ haha I could use your help talking me out of some of my cuckoo ideas but then you'd be taking the Lucy out of I Love Lucy.:lol: I am happy you enjoy writing here because I love reading everything you share with us. Umm did you say 5 carat DVS1?:twisted2:

@Sandeek you are truly a gift to all who have the good fortune to get to know you. Hope today is a good day. Your wise words are ever true. Health is wealth (and will be yours again) and Don't sweat the small stuff. (((Hugs))).

@Jimmianne he is, thank you. I can't believe your DD's wedding will be here soon. Remember it is going to be a wondrous day no matter what. As @Sandeek wisely wrote "Don't sweat the small stuff". And most of it is small stuff lol. Hugs.

@Austina sending your friend Shirley more good wishes. I am so sorry for her devastating loss and my heart goes out to her. Hope you and Colin are enjoying a peaceful weekend and thanks for your suggestions re the moisture and Fred. You're a dear. XO.

Francesca is coughing again despite the inhaler treatments. This is not looking good and we need to bring her in to see my sister. Something is terribly wrong with her lungs. I can't even think about the possibility we cannot provide her with relief. I am going to think positive thoughts and we will be able to help her.

Have a super Sunday sassy sweeties. Leaving you with another photo from our sunny adventures yesterday. LOL my life is so exciting:P2 but I need to remember that sunny saturday yesterday because today is dark, rainy and gloomy but sending light and love to all of you.

Screen Shot 2019-03-10 at 9.00.33 AM.png

and lol.

Screen Shot 2019-03-10 at 9.03.24 AM.png

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
@Sandeek and @missy I am so sorry you are both dealing with health crisis. My heart goes out to you both. I have been a lurker here for forever and have hesitated to post in hangouts because my life is so crazy I feel like it’s an over dramatic movie most of the time. But I’m dealing with a lot and everyone on PS is so lovely, so here goes... support where I can find it.

Dh and I have six kids (he came with two and I with four). Our exes are not in the picture. Half of our kids are special needs so lots of time is spent navigating accommodations and trying to hand hold while school work gets done amid medical issues. Kids have 8 different standing therapy appointments per week out of the gate. My 16yp step daughter has a serious mental heath diagnosis and within the last two weeks has wracked up multiple criminal charges and is now hospitalized, perhaps for months.

That’s the normal stuff. On top of that, dh is getting managed out of his company by a new boss who is a terror. My dh has made their PnL successful for years and been the backbone of the business but the new guy doesn’t like that the other employees have such strong allegiance to my dh, so there you go. This has devastated dh and he is now out on FMLA sad :(( So on top of everything, dh is looking for a new job and that means wherever since there’s nothing in his industry in our area. Contemplating a big move and all that goes with it is not fun. And I have a wonderful job that I truly love and now have to look for a new one. If we move it complicates things for my work because I’m only licensed in my current state.

Needless to say, my stress is through the roof, my migraines are up, and it’s all a little overmuch. One bright spot, I picked up diamond studs from my jeweler yesterday which have definitely brought a smile to my otherwise gloomy weekend.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Keeliamira I am so sorry about all you are going through. To say you have a lot on your plate is an understatement. Wishing for you some relief and hoping things work out for you and your dh on the job front. I am so sorry you might have to leave a job you love. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and hope you know we are all here for you. For support, encouragement or just a shoulder to cry on. I hope it can be of some comfort to you. (((Hugs))).

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
@missy thank you so so much for your kind words. I really appreciate it. You are a true gem. <3

Dh has one prospect that he’s really excited about but it would come with a pay cut (no offer yet, so finger crossed). Not fun to navigate that with current expenses either but we would be closer to family so that’s a win.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

Missy, I missed those mugs yesterday. Those are awesome. How are you doing today? Did you sleep okay?

Kelliamira, big hugs to you. You certainly have your plate full - overflowing i would say. I hope things work out well on the job front to take that stress off your plate. I'll keep all of you in my thoughts.

I slept so long I was all stiff when I got out of bed. I have no idea what possessed me to sleep in until 9 new time. We are grilling steaks today for lunch and Marty is having fun with his instapot. I decided the high pressure and heat dangers with that thing means I won't be messing with it - I'd burn myself for sure. So far it doesn't seem any faster or convenient to me but I don't plan on using it.

i am such a dork; I just noticed I left nail polish on 2 of my finger nails - must have been a case of "Squirrel'! :lol:

Take care.
Marcy

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Keeliamira oh wow! That is a lot for anyone to handle. Does your or your DH’s employer have an Employee Assistance Program? Sometimes, you can utilize this program for resources near you that can help with overwhelming life situations. I utilized our firm’s EAP when I was looking for resources when my son was in middle to high school struggling with ADHD, Anxiety and kleptomania....

Currently, like @Sandeek, I have been assigned a nurse manager/counselor who calls to talk me through questions/drama/stresses of my current health crisis. My crisis is still pretty recent, but it does help to have someone to talk to who has experience in the situation that one is currently going thru.

@Sandeek I can’t even begin to imagine the mental and physical tool this path you’ve been on all this time is taking on you. I am sure that things get overwelming and depressing, but your strength and hope shine through in your writing. You’ll come thru this like a champ. A PICC line will be an awesome help so you can have antibiotics at home. I have a power port for my chemo and they can do blood draws through it, too, which is good, since my “good” arm is no longer allowed to be used for blood draws or shots (or taking blood pressure) because of the lymph node removal.

@Calliecake your post to Sandee was amazing! I read it knowing it was for her, but could apply so much of what you said to my own situation. I was bawling reading it, filled with so much care and compassion. Thank you for posting that!

@missy I love the sling that Greg made for you. Holy crap 20 miles on the stationary bike (or treadmill)? I have been relatively sedentary, but my DH and I have been doing golf and bowling on the Wii. :lol: Love the coffee cup about silently correcting grammar. Haha, I do that.

@Scandinavian how was the competition? Did i miss the post? It’s so hard to keep up here, the NIRDIs turn at a quick pace.

@marcy, i do like the replica of your lost pendant, and you probably could go down a color to get size, possibly also drop clarity, since nobody (hopefully but Marty) would ever be 12 inches from your décolletage :lol: I do also like the one on the bottom right, but perhaps with a little more softened/rounded edges.

@Tekate from your pictures, it looked like you had a great time! So much beauty in these places, yet sometimes it takes seeing these places to remember that beauty is everywhere we are. We just need to have occasional reminders, which is why vacations and get aways are definitely required!

Can’t possibly respond to everyone every time, but i am following along on as the NIRDIS turn.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Oh @Sandeek I’m so very sorry, I wish I could say something that would help. Will this torture never end for you, I can’t believe you’re still sane with everything you’ve been going through? A lot can change in 7 months, don’t give up hope that you WILL be better by then, and we will keep willing good health your way. Nothing that is happening to you is your fault. All that will matter to your family is that you’ll be there to share the love and joy of the day. Everything crossed for good news at your next appt.

Fingers crossed Marty gets the all clear @marcy, you’ll have to surreptitiously dab some Vaseline on him to stop him scarring, tell him you dont want him spoiling his good looks ;)2 Did you decide which setting you’ll go for, I actually like them all, and the diamond looks a real sparkler?

I’m so glad you’ve got a good support network to help you at this difficult time @ringo865 Keep battling through.

@Keeliamira you’re a Wonder Woman coping with all that! Everything crossed your DH gets a really good job. I’m an optimist and believe when one door closes, another will open offering something better. That has always worked for us, DH was made redundant from 3 jobs and always got a better one, so I’m keeping everything crossed that it’ll work out for you.

How exciting the wedding is so close @Jimmianne. Adam is now saying they’ll probably get married in 2021 :(2 We just want them to get on with it!

I hope youv’e been having a lovely relaxing day @AV_

Lol not sorry I asked @Calliecake Glad you found your licence, it’s so frustrating when things disappear. I couldn’t remember where I’d put the spare car key, in fact I didn’t even know I’d hidden it :lol: Mercs usually have a good resale value if that’s any help :whistle:

Looks like we had similar weather yesterday @missy, bright and crisp, love days like that. Today, yuk, hail, rain and cold.

On no, I hate to hear that Francesca is struggling, poor little thing :(2 Hopefully your sister will be able to help and suggest other treatments for her. Maybe also a different AB for Fred too. Dottie had an anti inflammatory after her splenectomy that was, to all intents and purposes, the same as she had before, but she was really ill on it, lethargic, no appetite, really seemed liked she’d given up. I decided to stop it, and almost immediately, she started eating again.

Your sling looks infinitely more manageable than your arm ‘boot’, hopefully you’re not in pain and coping with just one arm.

Hope you’ve had fun at the shower @Tekate

Colin’s been in heaven this weekend watching the Six Nations Rugby, England won their game very convincingly :lol: I’ve been cooking, cleaning and getting the washing done. We watched a new adaptation of The day of the triffids, two 2 hrs episodes, with Dougray Scott & Joel’s Richardson, it was set in modern day London, and was pretty good.

Hopefully this week will finally see the completion of the gate repair, 7 months :eek2: I just want it over with. Also still waiting on the plumber to fix the guest room shower, if he can’t commit to a date, I’m getting someone else in.

:wavey:

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
@ringo865 thank you dear. Dh does have an EAP that we’ve utilized. He’s on short term disability through work so his income has fortunately not yet been impacted. I, like @Sandeek and you have a nurse who checks in every other week through our health insurance helpline and she is truly a blessing to speak with even though there’s not much she can provide other than some good listening.

You are absolutely right @Austina that when one door closes another opens...I firmly believe this. It’s just the inbetween that can be so difficult to manage. Dh thinks I’m a total hippie for my “the universe will provide” attitude but it always seems to.

I’m sorry you’re struggling with home repairs. That’s the Pitts. And it can be such a headache. We’re starting a month of repairs this week due to a water damage issue that we discovered after a contractor installed our front door incorrectly and caused the main supports under our entryway to rot. I’m really hopeful the repairs go smoothly and I hope yours do as well. Thank you for your sweet support and @marcy too!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello girlies and NIRDI's!:wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey:

Slushfest outside with warm temps. I "heard" it might be +10C this week? I'll believe it when I feel it. Looking forward to Spring--but am aware that these months bring the most precipitation given our region.

Hope everyone is well, healing, staying warm, providing love and support to others.

JA: I hope your pooches' eyes are fixed and recovery is quick. I am looking forward to reading about "your" wedding! :bigsmile: Me loves a nice story you do write them well. Plus your pictures are always gorgeous.

Scandi: sorry for your indoor water troubles--that is never a good thing unless you are a fish.

CC: look forward to your car decision. I might sound silly--but honestly I've always found car shopping very stressful.

cheers--Sharon

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results