carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, it is a sad anniversary of a very tragic day. I never forget it either but I know you were right there. We went camping that weekend and I will never forget how quiet it was in the country with no planes flying overhead; occasionally you’d hear a military jet and that was it. So many innocent soles lost that day. I hope your finger is feeling better soon. I hope your place won’t be impacted by Florence. The storm surge and amount of rain sounds bad.

I absolutely love the “never conform”; I am going to email that to myself at work. Thanks! I am glad the edema is going down; it helps lesson the blurring and distortion from the scar; I was going to buy myself another DSLR but decided why bother; my days of looking at crystal sharp pictures is over. I already have several nice cameras. I think when I pick up my lenses I will ask about future retinal scans; I doubt he’d want to wait for my next annual check up. I did get my shipping notice today for my earrings, one step closer. Florence does look like a doozy.

Jimmianne, I am sure your DD and young friends can take care of things if Florence causes your place and sweet animals some issues. I hope everything remains safe. Too cute your DD fixed you up with a blind date and then chaperoned. Where did you go on your date? Good luck packing and getting ready to go back to France. Safe travels.

Tekate, the EYE’s have it, right? Marty is kind of a grammar freak and will ask people if they say EYEtaly too. I am glad you are doing good. Enjoy that warm weather. We are going to be in the 80’s here this week; that is pretty warm for us in September.

Junebug, I hope you had a nice time visiting your brother. I hope he is feeling okay; I understand kidney stones are very painful. I hope Florence doesn’t hit your place. It looks like where we were 2 years ago is kind of on the edge of the areas they are evacuating. I am with you on liking lasagna. I dug out a package for my lunch tomorrow. I am not sick of it yet. My old glasses are kind of weak today on closeup work but still pretty good. I am glad overall my vision is back to what was normal for me a few years ago. At least now I know what was going on. Yesterday they couldn’t get my left eye to see the 20-20 line; the 20-40 was iffy.

Austina, have a safe trip and I’ll wave in your direction after you get here. I think most of the bake sale was sugar so people probably did a lot of work then crashed a few hours later. My patience and determination to not conform to negativity has been challenged within the first 30 minutes both days this week, but I think of something to make me laugh or smile and play nice with everyone. i am going out of my way to be nice to everyone. I am getting pretty anxious to see my earrings. Your dance card is full for your trip and that’s very exciting you will be meeting up with Mr and Mrs PB. I love your new Skechers.

Sandeek, sorry to hear you are allergic to penicillin. I’m allergic to most things in the universe yet that is one medicine I can take. It’s dirt cheap too. The last time I took some was for an infected tooth (sounds all too familiar here) and while it didn’t help my tooth I was excited I could breathe through my nose. I think my dentist has made a note in my file by now “always wants penicillin”. Your DS picked a gorgeous ACA and ring; it’s very pretty. My earrings should arrive before noon on Thursday. I got a tracking notice today.

Hi Sharon. How is your mother doing?

So I did buy something at Kay Jeweler’s tonight. The new Teddy Bears are in for St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital. I bought and Teddy Bear and Puppy Dog to donate and then bought a Teddy Bear for me. Right now he is enjoying his new home on Marty’s couch. If I leave him there Marty will either say “cool, new pillow” and plop down on him or say “a new entree for the rabbits” and feed him to one of the rabbits.

Take care.
Marcy

The new teddy bear, Jack.
IMG_5777.JPG

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jack is very cute!
I just landed and went through customs. Smooth flight.
Now to hear from Austina.

Tekate, “did” Fran too. My oh my. Hoping Florence is a bit more polite.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We’re at Heathrow @Jimmianne ,just had breakfast, and waiting for the flight! :D

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@junebug17 how is your brother doing? Did you have a nice visit with him? Are you hurricane ready at the beach house? I don't know the exact path of the storm because I am having a hard time watching any news including the weather these days now that we have these hurricanes upon us but I am getting snippets from Greg and PS and just want to say I hope all remains safe by you in SC and sending buckets of good luck dust all the NIRDIs way.

@marcy awww LOVE sweet Jack. What a darling teddy bear.:kiss2: And how generous and kind of you to donate puppy dog and another Teddy bear. You have such a good heart. OMG cannot wait for you to receive your pinkilicous new earrings. One more day. Woohoo! Remember pretty please we want lots of photos. :appl:

Yes Florence is a doozy. Scary storm and just the beginning of hurricane season. Thanks for your good wishes. Fingers crossed our place remains safe and all the NIRDIs and NIRDI loved ones stay safe during this storm.

I am glad you liked the "never conform" meme...thought of us when I saw it and thought you'd enjoy it.
Hope work is a good day for you today.

@Jimmianne thank you for letting us know you've arrived safely and had a smooth flight.

@Austina Have a safe and easy flight. Enjoy breakfast.

@Sandeek have a good day today. (((Hugs))).

@Tekate our weather is warming up too. Slept with the AC on last night. Any plans for the weekend? Never too early to start thinking about the weekend.8-)

@canuk-gal yes please let us know how your mother is doing. Are you still cycling? What is your limit for temperature when cycling? I am trying to cycle in the colder weather but since I cannot wear the heated jackets anymore (causes my PPPD to act up and my capillaries start bleeding) Greg made for me I am not sure if I can cycle in colder temps anymore...and haha 50s were my "colder" temps limit with the heated jackets. So not terribly cold even with the heat.:lol:

Leaving you with a photo I took this AM of Bubbalah in Greg's bathroom...love the colors and lighting in his bathroom and so does Bubbalah apparently.:cool2: By the way, on the topic of bathrooms one of the keys to a happy marriage (IMO) *is* separate bathrooms. Works for us. :bigsmile:

bubbalahbathroom.jpg

Have a good day girls!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Missy, I've been checking Accuweather and Dark Sky and it doesn"t seem like it's going to be that bad, even though we're in SC and right by the ocean lol. Actually, seems like the worst days are Saturday and Sunday, and accuweather is calling it a tropical storm.

Had a nice visit with my brother, but it was a long day and now I'm exhausted! He's feeling much better but still a little shaky. Love that pic of Bubbalah! :love::love::love:

@Austina, safe travels! You do have a full agenda on this trip, sounds like a lot of fun. And how great you are getting together with PB and her dh. Love your new shoes, very cute!

@Sandeek, the ring is gorgeous! :love: It's great you were able to help ds pick out such an amazing diamond. :appl:

Marcy, I agree, you now have a better understanding of your eyesight and it'a good that it is back to where it was a few years ago. Good idea to check on the retinal scan next time you're there. LOVE your new bear, he'a adorable! So sweet of you to donate two of them to St Jude's hospital. Those rabbits better leave him alone lol. Can't wait to see your new earrings.

@Jimmianne, great news that your flight went well and thanks for checking in!

Thanks for the good wishes for my brother! He is feeling much better, still a little shaky and sore. Had a nice time, took him to the orthopedic doctor and then we went to a few stores, then had something to eat at Wholefoods. Just running some errands today, and doing a few things around the house.

Have a great day everyone! <3

Eta - just remembered a few people asked what Zoe was watching - bird videos on youtube!

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

JuneB--super LOLs to Zoe. I am sorry your brother suffered with kidney stones--ranks up there (9/10) for pain. I wouldn't wish them on anyone. Hope he is on the mend.

Missy--curious you should ask about cycling and temps--it is 9C today and I will NOT be riding! I don't mind cooler temps--but only if it is bright and sunny. Today is gloomsville (heavy wet snow predicted in central Alberta....) with some rain showers. And the bears are out so our paths are closed in areas around the water where we cycle. I really love your ring!! Not a bad photo!!!

My Mom is doing well thanks for asking. She spend a long time in rehab--just got out. Much recovered but not driving. I'll see her next weekend.

Safe travels Austina and JA!!!! Visiting JA in France sounds like a grand idea!! :mrgreen2:

Take care Sandeek and Kate!!!

HI to ya'll NIRDIS!!

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Jimmianne, I am so glad you made it to France okay. I think Florence is going to not go away quietly. Let’s hope it stalls in the ocean and heads back out to sea. I see your pretty asscher is your avatar again. It’s so pretty.

Austina, hopefully you are safe and sound at Adam’s house by now.

Missy, very pretty picture of Bubbalah. That is great coloring. Our lighting either makes my pictures yellow or blue. Good idea to have separate bathrooms. At our old house Marty used the master bath and I used the other bathroom. Marty and I occasionally use our master bath at the same time but that gets bad quickly; because you know we start picking on each other. Jack is a cutie. I should take Marty’s Killer Rabbit that has a bunch of cash and have him buy a bear too. They may call someone to come get the crazy lady. As you know my pink sapphire earrings showed up; I was worried they might be a bit small but I really like them. I got a few more pictures when I got home. I am worried too about everyone in the path of Florence; it is a massive storm.

Junebug, oh no you are in SC now? Run away, run away! Of course you know better than me what your local forecast is but it looks scary. I am glad you had a nice day with your brother and that he is feeling better. i hope you rested up today. I’ve been donating bears to St. Jude’s every year since i found out Kay’s does that. I didn’t start buying an additional one for me until about 6 years ago. Think of the collection I’d have if I started 20 some years ago? That is awesome to hear Zoe is watching bird videos. My niece has an aquarium program for her cats to play with. It’s very cute to watch them bat at the fish.

Sharon, we’ve already had snow in the mountains around here. Ugh. I am glad to hear your mom is doing well.

I worked until 11:30 then got an email I had a package to pick up in receiving. After that I was at work but was excited and anxious to go home and try on my earrings. I decided it wasn’t smart to take out my studs at work; let’s face it I am klutzy. Work was busy so the day zipped by. I ordered a cheese pizza for supper; nothing sounded good and I didn’t feel like cooking.

Here are a few pictures of my earrings.
earrings.jpg earrings2.jpg earshot2.jpg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Howdy y’all

Just a quick check in to say we’ve arrived and feeling pretty tired, I’ve been awake for 24 hrs, so will catch up tomorrow.

:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to the states Austina. Glad you made it okay.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, your new earrings are beautiful! Wear in good health, while baking cookies.

Austina, so good to hear you have arrived, I was worrying about your coming toward the unsettled weather.

On the last leg of my journey yesterday, one hour from home, the train broke down. Finally they got us another train and that one broke down 10 minutes from home, between two lovely fields of horses grazing. A somewhat typical “welcome home to France”.
It is so good to be “home”. I did laundry, worked in the totally overgrown garden for an hour then walked across the village to my bf’s house to meet his sister before she leaves today.
Now to food shop before entering the foggy, pleasant, unproductive realm of jetlag : )

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@junebug17 glad your brother is feeling better and that you had a nice visit with him. I am relieved the hurricane won't be affecting you other than rain and some wind. So far our weekend weather here looks pretty good...might get some cycling in if we are lucky.

@marcy Pinkalicious and oh so delicious and they look lovely and feminine on your ears. LOVE them and so pleased you love them too. You know I love a bit of dangle and movement in my earrings. They just add a certain je ne sais quoi. Wear them in health and happiness.

@canuk-gal so happy your mom is doing well and that she is out of rehab. She has come a long way thanks to her darling daughters support and love. Yes I wouldn't be cycling either with those temps and wet weather. Though I think the thoughts of bears would be more tempting to me than not lol. I am crazy I know. And I know bears can be mean but OMG they are so adorable too. Look at Marcy's teddy bears. Super huggable. :cheeky: OK OK I am kidding. NO cycling if real bears are around. I am not *that* crazy. :lol: Hoping we get to cycle this weekend and so far the weather looks like it will be cooperating.

Welcome back to the USA @Austina hope you are getting a good night's/morning sleep and will be feeling sprite and energetic soon enough. Jet lag is a killer though IIRC going to Europe is worse than coming back from Europe. It took me days to recover when I went to England but not as long when I returned home. Have a wonderful day and thank you for letting us know you arrived safely.

@Jimmianne oh no to unexpected breakdown but yes to being "home" finally and glad you are happy to be back and settling in to life there again. How is your bf doing? What is happening there? Last I heard about this it was on a different realm...have things changed? So pleased you have a nice companion near you there. Enjoy. You deserve much happiness.

@Tekate how is your week going? How are you feeling? What's happening? Sorry for all the questions but I feel I have not heard from you for a while and want you to know I am thinking of you.

@Sandeek have a good day at work today and hope you are feeling well. The dreary weather might be lifting for a few days this weekend and hopefully offer some respite from the gray rainy skies. Sometimes I feel like we live in the Northwest. Other times I feel like we live in the Southeast. Going from really hot to very cool and rainy. Anyway if you are like me a change in the weather that includes sunny bright skies goes a long way in improving my mood. This winter I am determined to find and use that SAD light I bought a year or so ago. That's the problem with me. I buy things but then I don't use them and they have no chance of working if I do not use them. Silly girl that I am. :wink2:

So we are off to Long Island to see my sister for the second time in 2 weeks. HRH has been having a phlegmy cough every day for the past few months. Now that sounds bad that I ignored it for so long but if you know cats they cough up hairballs a lot so I attributed it to that. But just the other day I was sitting with her and she started her phlegmy cough and I saw mucous/spit coming out of her mouth and I realized we had to bring her in. I am beating myself up of course because I should have realized this long before and I just hope it's nothing serious. :(2

Have a good day girls! Leaving you with a photo of Francesca with Bubbalah. She couldn't be less interested.:lol:

Bubbalahandfrancesca.jpg.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning lovelies

I’ve been awake quite a while because my body thinks it’s past noon! :???:

Quite an uneventful journey, we did hit some bad turbulence, but thankfully it was short lived.

Very poor choice of films on the plane, I watched Book Club which I enjoyed, 2 documentaries, one about the 4 dames, Dench, Atkins, Smith and Plowright, and the other about boxers Vladimir Klitchko & Anthony Joshua. The time really dragged yesterday, and the food wasn’t great either!

@marcy you’re so sweet buying cuddly toys for the charity, children do love their snuggle pals when they’re poorly. I :love: your earrings, they’re just perfect and so very wearable. Any bigger and they might feel too dressy IYKWIM.

@Jimmianne welcome to France! You couldn’t make it up could you? Hope you’re not feeling too bad today, and managed a good nights sleep.

Good news about your Mum @canuk-gal Sounds like she’s made good progress at rehab. Yikes that’s COLD, should I say it was 90 deg s when we landed yesterday?

Glad your brother is feeling better @junebug17 and continuing to keep everything crossed that yours and JAs places stay safe and out of harms way.

Poor little Francesca @missy , hopefully your sister can sort her out quickly. Honestly, hindsight is a wonderful thing, so don’t beat yourself up, if only they could tell us when something’s wrong. We’ve all been there, especially when it’s so stressful for them to see a vet, so we give it another day or so to see if they’re better.

Big wave to @Tekate and @Sandeek , wishing you both pain-free, good days.

Our friends are on the flight from Phoenix, so we’ll be heading back to the airport later to collect them. I expect they’ll be pretty tired, the flight left at 5.45am :-o

Have a great day, catch you later :wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Nirdis!

@missy, I'm sending lots of healing vibes to Francesca, and try not to be hard on yourself. It can be a tough call deciding whether something is serious enough to warrant a trip to the vet. HRH is in good hands and I'm confident your sister will be able to help her. Hugs to you, I know it's stressful when a furbaby isn't feeling well.

@Austina, glad you arrived safe and sound! Sorry the time dragged, traveling can definitely be a bit grueling. Hope you catch up on your rest soon, and have fun seeing your friends today.

@canuk-gal, I'm so happy to hear your mother is home now and doing well, fantastic! I hear you on it being both cold and gloomy and I hope the sun comes out for you soon. Thanks for your nice words about my brother, he really was in excrutiating pain for a while. Thank goodness for modern medicine!

@marcy, I'm in NJ right now, thank goodness! Just tracking the storm from afar. I LOVE your earrings! :love: Perfect size, the color is so pretty, and I love the diamond halos. Love them so much I wish they were mine haha!

@Jimmianne, oh no to 2 trains breaking down! It's tough when a long journey gets dragged out even more but I'm glad you had some pretty scenery to look at. So nice that you are happy to be in France, have fun reconnecting with your friends there.

@Sandeek and @Tekate, hope you are both feeling ok!

I'm determined to get some cleaning done here today, the bathrooms could use a litte attention lol. Other than that, not much planned for today. Hope everyone has the best day possible!

P

PierreBear

Hello! Sorry for being away. Just a quick update...myself and the other managers are going to talk to the boss about his absence today. Not sure why we are so fearful of trying to do the right... heart is going pitter patter at the moment so appreciate the prayers/support/dust that this is the right thing to do.

@Austina - glad you are safe and can't wait to meet up and already told DH that it would be more fun if our rings can meet as well. hahaha. all thanks to @missy on both of our rings!

Ok sorry to not address ya'll individually but still doing my best to keep up and sending ya'll virtual hugs from my end!

Last edited by a moderator:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

PB--strength vibes your way! Document!!!!

Look forward to the deets of your meet up with Austina.:wavey:

cheers--Sharon

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Greetings to my dear friends! the NIRDI's!

Well it's been an exciting 2 1/2 days. 2 nights ago I started itching and itching and I went into the bathroom and started looking and man oh man I have hives, that turned into HUGE welts, everywhere, so I panic husband thinks I'm insane then looks and get's upset that I might go into anaphylectic shock (previous wife had done so on him after bee sting(s)) so he's trying to find some benadryl and finally finds some one year out of date ones and I take one wake up at 1:00 a.m. itching, stayed up and hour and fell asleep, called the ID doctor at 8:00 a.m. and they sent me to my regular GP who was busy so I saw a nurse practitioner who looked at my pictures and said it was the amoxicillin but wasn't 100% sure, she called the ID doc who agreed and they took me off amoxicillin yesterday and moved me to clindamycin.. I've not read who's doing what but I hope everyone's trips across the ocean was uneventful! @missy I'm fine, just itchy as all get out.. ugh ugh ugh.

Will read it all tomorrow and see how everyone is doing..

here I am in all my glory in our bathroom, my arm(s) are swollen, I was red, it's not so bad
but for some odd reason it acts up more at night.. it's slowly abating. Great fun.. so it seems I'm still allergic to penicillin and in turn amoxi. sucks. :)

Kt hive.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh poor dear @Tekate...(((((HUGS))))). Sending you cool healing non itchy vibes. And lots of love. And bucketloads of no more itching dust!!!!! Hope you can sleep well tonight and wake up all better sweet Kate.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I was going to post a pix of this hive thing on IG for you to see then I thought all my nieces and nephews and SIL's bro-in-laws etc would be calling etc so I thought, what the heck, put it up on PS since I usually look better than this for sure.. :)

Thank you dear dear girl.. if someone knows a long haul in health it is you Missy, this is minor to what happened to you in the bike accident.. I thank you for your kind words and so appreciate your caring Missy and everyone here.

I hope all is well with your hand and getting better and that you are feeling a bit better... sending buckets and tons of love and healing dust your way!

tomorrow I will read the thread and pick up on what everyone is doing

nite! :) :love:

Oh my gosh poor dear @Tekate...(((((HUGS))))). Sending you cool healing non itchy vibes. And lots of love. And bucketloads of no more itching dust!!!!! Hope you can sleep well tonight and wake up all better sweet Kate.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! Thank you all for the kind words about my new earrings.

Jimmianne, I love your avatar picture; you have such a pretty diamond. Good idea to wear my new earrings while baking cookies. I notice you said you were glad to be home. Sounds like your heart feels good there. Darn that you had some delay getting to your place but glad you arrived safe and sound. I hope you get some sleep and adjust to the local time quickly.

Missy, you do have many lovely dangle earrings. I have a few but generally wear my studs. They say those lights really help in the winter. Although we have cold and snowy winters we do get a lot of sunshine here. Sorry to hear Francesca isn’t feeling well. I hope she starts feeling better soon. Don’t beat yourself up that you didn’t realize she was sick; pets and babies can’t tell you something’s wrong. HRH does not appear to be impressed by Bubbalah.

Austina, I hope you adjust to local time soon. Oh no to a bumpy ride but glad it was short lived. Darn that you didn’t have some good movies to watch or enjoy a decent meal. I do what you mean about larger earrings might feel too dressing. I have some tri gold chain earrings and I only wear them to our annual Christmas party. They aren’t “me’.

Junebug, I am glad you are in NJ. It looks like rain and flooding will be bad. I hope your cleaning chores didn’t take long. Darn that our houses can’t stay clean all the time.

PierreBear, I hope the talk with your boss went well and was productive. That is always difficult to do but it sounds like conditions warrant bringing things to his attention.

Sharon, you are so right about the importance to document!

Tekate, you poor things. Can you take an antihistamine? They sure help with itching. You definitely took something you are allergic too. Get better!!!

Marty is on his way home. He said the plane he was on was older than him; I said well then it knows the way home. I met my girl friend for our weekly lunch. Our favorite Mexican restaurant stayed open after all so we met there. They have the best homemade chips there. I grilled a burger for supper and ate my last peach with it. My new lenses were in for my glasses. They are certainly different; I think my brain needs to adjust before I make a final assessment; the TV looks better. Tomorrow is Friday. Woo hoo!

Take care.
Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, tekate, yikes! What an awful turn of events. I had never had a problem with antibiotics until my reaction to amoxicillan last month. What the heck??? And you even took the pre-test. What an evil drug. I am glad to hear that your reaction is subsiding and that it was not even worse than it was, (but it was bad enough).

Thanks, Marcy. It will be interesting to see what kind of cookies your beautiful earrings inspire.

Trains tend to figure large in my french adventures. From being stranded in Paris as a scared solo travel newbie in 2016, to not being able to get to the airport this spring. You can buy a ticket, but that does not
mean there will always be a train. ;)2

Have a good day, everyone. Dusts for good health...and mild storms! <3

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!!!

@junebug17 how are you doing? Did you get some cleaning done yesterday? Thanks for all your kind wishes and love for the kitties. They say meowww and send purrs and love back to you and dear Zoe.:kiss2:

@marcy thank you sweet lady for being here for me and the kitties. They love their auntie marcy and teddy bear cousins. How are the bears doing? Hope you adjust to your new glasses...it can take a few days even if the Rx stayed the same depending on the frames but if you had the lenses changed definitely could be an adjustment period. Hope you are more comfortable and clear with them soon. Glad you got to enjoy lunch with a friend. I love peaches but not the skin. The fuzz bothers me. Are you wearing your pinkalicious new dangles? Yay for Marty coming home and woohoo for it being Friday. 2 happy events to look forward to for sure.

@Tekate how was your night last night? I hope you got to sleep sweetie and that the itching is gone or almost all gone. Thinking of you and sending more healing vibes and non itchy thoughts your way. It sucks about the Amoxicillin and I hope the Clindamycin does the trick without the side effects of hives and other allergic reactions. By the way just wanted to mention a cool oatmeal bath or a baking soda bath might help if you are still itchy this morning. (((Hugs))).

@Austina hope you caught up on some sleep overnight. The first couple of days can be tough going after traveling over time zones. Hope you are having sweet dreams and I know you will have a wonderful trip. How can you not? Friends, food and BLING (haha not necessarily in that order either :whistle:).

@PierreBear aww thank you sweetheart. I am honored and privileged to have been able to help you and @Austina get the diamond of your dreams and it truly makes me so happy to see you guys so happy.:kiss2: I hope all goes well with work and know that they are super lucky to have you there. You are dedicated and conscientious and skilled and an overall beautiful person and anyone would be fortunate to have you on their team. (((Hugs))).

@Sandeek woohoo it's Friday and the last day of your first full week at work...how did it go? How are you feeling? And how does it feel to be back at work? Hope you are feeling happy and well and that things are moving along smoothly. Thinking of you each and every day and know we are here for you. Offline or on and between us we have almost all time zones covered I think. Sending you healing vibes and (((hugs))). Any weekend plans besides just recuperating from the first full week?

@Jimmianne glad you are settled in and enjoying your French adventures. I love that you mentioned what delicious desserts Marcy's new pink earrings will inspire...hmmm something with strawberries perhaps? What else is pink that could be incorporated into a delicious dessert that is not artificial...cherries are more red and I guess strawberries can be on the more red side too. Marcy do let us know what you come up with please.:lickout:

We are off to the beach house soon. Took Francesca in yesterday to see my sister and as some of you know she has been diagnosed with moderate asthma. My sister says it is not uncommon in cats and in fact our Fred has asthma too but it's different. He wheezes and Francesca coughs. My first symptom of asthma when I was 33 was coughing for 6 months before I got myself to a doctor who diagnosed me. Before that I didn't realize asthma could take the form of just coughing. For me it progressed to difficulty breathing but we will have to see what happens with Francesca. My sister gave her a steroid injection and we will see how she does. She needs an echocardiogram if it is determined she needs stronger steroid injections and I am hoping it doesn't come to that. Frankie seems none the worst for wear however after her traumatic experience at the vet clinic yesterday. She always gets so scared when we go there and being subjected to getting X-rays didn't do much to make her feel less scared. For those of you interested here are pics of her X-rays. I find them interesting. The white spots are moderate inflammation in her lungs. :(2

xraysfrancesca.jpg.png

xraysfrancesca.jpeg.png

OK off to the beach house very soon. Have a wonderful Friday ladies and thinking good thoughts for all.
slider_grouphugg.gif

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI @Jimmianne I hope you are ensconced in France! Trains are always on our minds when we go to Europe, best way to get around, but it's NOT always a fun thing for sure.

Jimmieanne this reaction is crazy, I'm tired of all this crap. :) other than that all is good here.

Yes the reaction is getting less.. between 1-6 days they said. pffft.

Nice day in Maine today, warm.. my thoughts to you have a wonderful rest of your day.!

@missy hope the cats are doing well? goodness.. hope you are well. xoxoxoxo

Will read more later.

kate

Oh, tekate, yikes! What an awful turn of events. I had never had a problem with antibiotics until my reaction to amoxicillan last month. What the heck??? And you even took the pre-test. What an evil drug. I am glad to hear that your reaction is subsiding and that it was not even worse than it was, (but it was bad enough).

Thanks, Marcy. It will be interesting to see what kind of cookies your beautiful earrings inspire.

Trains tend to figure large in my french adventures. From being stranded in Paris as a scared solo travel newbie in 2016, to not being able to get to the airport this spring. You can buy a ticket, but that does not
mean there will always be a train. ;)2

Have a good day, everyone. Dusts for good health...and mild storms! <3

P

PierreBear

Good morning! Well, the “talk” with the boss went as well as could be. He said that he should be here more often as X, Y, Z excuses are wrapping up. We will monitor. I did sleep a bit better yesterday but we will see. He stayed in the office until 1 PM yesterday. World record!!!! Haha anyhow, happy Friday. Hmm other things in my world, I’m trying to sell my childhood piano that I haven’t played in the past 25 years. Pretty hard to do but I’m giving craigslist and facebook a try. There sure are a lot of used pianos for sale in the market. One piano company had 50 used pianos… aiyaya…. Eager to get rid of the thing (though it still is beautiful to me) and to have more seating in our little house. Right now we can only comfortable have 4 people in the living room and it’s not enough for bigger crowds. Glad to have this side house decorating project to keep my mind off work. Appreciate all ya’lls support and thanks again for listening. Enjoy the weekend!

@canuk-gal – Thank you for the vibes!

@Tekate – You look adorable in your bathroom but sorry to hear about the arm swelling. Hang in there! Hugs!

@marcy – Yum home made chips. Glad Marty made it home safely.

@missy – ohhh no… poor cats. Hope she feels better but injections doesn’t sound fun. Hope your fur babies recover.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Woke up late and heading out soon for a bike ride. Beautiful day here yesterday and another gorgeous one today. Just wanted to say good morning and hope everyone is feeling well.

@Tekate how are you doing today? Glad you were feeling better yesterday. (((Hugs))). I am doing A OK, thanks for asking love. Enjoy your warm weather.

@Sandeek enjoy being off from work and hope your weekend is fun and relaxing. I know working makes one appreciate the weekend more.

@PierreBear HRH is doing well thanks for asking. Glad your chat with the boss went well. Hope your weekend is good.

Hi to everyone else. Sorry for the post and run but at least I am leaving you with a lovely nature photo from our ride yesterday. I call this find the doe...
(haha I wish we could find a money tree:lol:).

doeadeer.jpeg.png

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday everyone!

@missy, sorry to hear about Francesca's asthma diagnosis and I hope the steroid shot takes care of it and she won't need any other treatments. Enjoy the gorgeous weather and the cycling! Sweet pic of the deer :love:

@PierreBear, I know it must have been stressful talking to your boss but it sounds like it was a good thing to do and hopefully some good will come out of it. I hope you get a chance to relax a little this weekend.

@Tekate, oh no to being allergic to amoxicillin! Ugh, sorry to hear that and I hope it's clearing up and you're more comfortable. You can't seem to catch a break these days.

@marcy, I hope you get used to your new glasses soon; it's encouraging that you can see the tv better now. Lunch with your friend sounds nice, I love Mexican food. Glad to hear your are enjoying those beautiful earrings, I really do love them. Wishing you and Marty a good weekend!

Jimmianne, thinking of you and I hope you're having a great time settling in!

Not much new here - I did manage to get to one bathroom lol. I was going to go grocery shopping yesterday but I procrastinated so I guess I'll go today. It's a beautiful day here today for a change so dh and I will probably go for a walk. And then go out to eat haha!

Have a lovely day everyone!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Sorry I didn’t get a chance to check in yesterday, but we ended up just chatting all day long. We then went out to dinner (Mexican :lickout: ) then went to a duelling piano bar. Our friends had wanted to do that last visit, but we’re too tired.

They left at 6.30 this morning, heading up to their son near Houston.

Oh no @Tekate I hope you’re not too itchy now, life is really trying your patience to the absolute limits.

Happy shopping @junebug17 We’ve just been to HEB & Whole Foods for a few things. Enjoy your meal out tonight, we’re taking Kim’s Mum to an Italian restaurant this evening. Hope your house in SC is ok.

Enjoy your ride and the good weather @missy, it’s been raining quite a bit here, but it’s not dampening our spirits :D

Hope Francesca is feeling better after her steroid shot.

Everything crossed for the animals and your property @Jimmianne . How’s your jetlag?

:lol: To Marty’s comment about the plane @marcy. Have you got any plans for the weekend?

I hope your talk with the boss makes a difference @PierreBear . It’s good to hear that you slept better, NO job is worth having sleepless nights over.
We’re really looking forward to next weekend :mrgreen2:

Wishing all the NIRDIs a happy weekend, I really need some sleep!

:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Jimmianne, you are getting to know what to expect getting around there. You got this!

Missy, I am adjusting to my new lenses, overall I am seeing pretty well. Thank you for the information on them. I did wear my earrings yesterday and could seem them occasionally during the day. I have my WF ACA PC studs on today though. I hope Francesca is feeling better. I know going to beach has to relax her (all of you for that matter.) I am glad you went for a ride this morning. Cute dear picture. I thought of you when I saw the video of a herd of dear swimming across a flooded street. They weren’t having any problem at all BTW.

Tekate, I hope your rash gets better and goes away soon. We had warm weather in Wyoming too.

PierreBear, hopefully your boss mulls things over and honestly attempts to be more present. Good luck with that! Good luck selling your piano. That is one of those things sometimes you have to find someone to give it to; they are a challenge to move as well. That places homemade chips are awesome, they fry flour tortillas. Mm.

Junebug, I am seeing a bit better with these lenses. I am betting they are almost the same prescription as my glasses from 2016. I can see when I wear them. Glad you had a nice day there; good plan to go out and eat - no need to go grocery shopping or do dishes. We just got back from our grocery shopping moments ago.

Austina, it sounds like you had a fun and busy day yesterday. That’s a great way to start a vacation. Enjoy your visit.

We went out for supper last night then wandered the mall afterwards. I slept in pretty late today which I thoroughly enjoyed. I am debating trading my iPad Air 2 for an iPad Pro. I didn’t realize my iPad was 5 years old but the battery knows it. Marty ordered his new MacBook Pro today. He is getting the 15” model this time. I guess we are supporting Apple this weekend

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@junebug17 sounds like a purrrrrfect Saturday. We ran out of time ourselves and did not get to go grocery shopping so hopefully we will all have time today. The day speeds by too fast. But we did enjoy a lovely day of cycling. Hope you had fun at dinner and enjoy the rest of this lovely weather weekend we are having. I cannot believe how perfect the weather right now here. Hoping everyone in the hurricane affected areas is doing well and I continue to hold good thoughts for all those affected.

@marcy glad you are enjoying your pink sapphire earrings and also loving your stunning studs. I am now yearning for old cut studs which makes no sense as I never wear studs anyway. Only dangles. I must resist and not throw away more money as I never wear the BN studs I do have. Yay for adjusting to your new glasses and for sleeping in yesterday. Lovely. I had a bad dream about work (OMG over a year since I retired and now I am dreaming about work again weird) and was happy to wake up this morning. Thanks for the good news about the deer crossing the flooded road safely. You know that would have upset me had you not added that. You're a deer (haha, dear). Interesting you are considering getting an iPad Pro. My iPad 2 is not working great and just this AM I was discussing with Greg if I should get a new one. But I hate change so would prefer sticking with this one if it is working at least a good portion of the way...but not sure how long it will hold on. Keep me posted please if you do get the iPad Pro and if you like it better. FYI Greg changed the battery on his iPhone because it had stopped charging and holding a charge and now (knock wood) it is working like a dream...so far. You can do the same for the iPad battery though it is more complicated and Greg offered to try it on mine so I might go for that option first...I will keep you posted.

@Austina glad you are enjoying your visit so far despite your gloomy weather. Hopefully it will become nice and sunny by you soon. We have been lucky so far re weather but rain is coming this week sometime. Enjoying the sunshine and pleasant temps while they last however. I love Mexican food (and tequila yum yum) and a dueling piano bar sounds super fun. There is a place in the Village that is the most fun piano bar ever and when you visit if we are up for staying awake late we will take you there. It's ridiculously fun. Glad you had a wonderful visit with your friends. Hope you are getting much needed sleep now.

Hello @Sandeek hope your weekend is going well. (((Hugs))).

@Tekate how are you feeling? Hoping you are fully recovered from your hive episode now and feeling strong and good. (((Hugs))).

@Jimmianne I LOVE your new door. Beautiful. You are so efficient and industrious. There barely a day and already accomplishing so much. You rock girl.

We enjoyed a lovely day of cycling and then I had a luxurious bath and a wonderful chat with a good friend. Who is visiting me in a couple of weeks woohoo. Today we have lots to do after our ride so we have to get going soon lol. Yesterday during our ride we got to check out the British Auto show. Sigh. I would love having one of these babies but as my dear NIRDI girlfriend points out it will be in the shop more than on the road. Smart girl she is.:halo:

Just a quick sampling. Jaguar in oh so sweet butter yellow.
MGbutteryellow.jpg.png

Red Triumph
redtriumph.jpg.png

Blue Triumph
bluecar.jpg.png

And last but certainly not least my dream MG...OMG MG!!!

redmg.jpg.png

There were many cars there all gorgeous. Just shared a small sampling with you but if anyone is interested I am more than happy to email/text you all the photos I took. I don't know if you guys love vintage cars as much as I do but I just swoon with delight over them. Gorgeous.:kiss2:

Thank you all for your good wishes for Francesca. She is doing OK though still coughing. She is the sweetest baby and she appreciates all your healing dust and love for her.
Have a wonderful day ladies! (((HUGS))).

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy pretty much all recovered, dont want to go thru it again tho! having a good day at the beach? Hope you are!

@marcy thank you Marcy, feeling better :) love love the earrings.. glad the new lenses are working.

@Austina thank you Austina, it's been a bit of a trial.. but things are improving and I feel lucky. I hope you are enjoying the Tex-Mex food, I missssssssss it! The weather is been rainy according to my older son in Cedar Park anyway.

@PierreBear thank you so much.. am doing better.. Did you sell the piano?

Just a bit of good news, my nephew (the one in Brooklyn @missy ) sent me a text (I don't think he can dial a phone, I think he called me 2x this past year ;-) ) his text said: Hi Aunt Kate, hope you and the family are well, just wanted to let you know that my wife and I are expecting a baby boy next year!.. Next text: How's your tooth!. Hell yeah! she's not too far along I think because when they were here in July she was on her cycle so I put her at 7-8 weeks, she has had 3 girls 13, 11 and 5(next month) so think I have not too much to worry about BUT she will be 44 when the baby arrives.. she is an uber athlete and in perfect shape, but she will be 44 in Jan. It's funny - when they were here in July and my nephew was with his daughter (the youngest girl) I thought it's such a shame they are only to have the one (altho I figured at 43 she would have a hard time getting pregnant and 3 kids is a lot). She did say something odd to me tho, we were talking about her older girls and and I remarked that 3 girls is wonderful, and she says her exhusband just had his 3rd baby with HIS 2nd wife and I said eek aren't you glad you have the 3? and she said well if it happens, it happens, so I knew right then and there that they may not be actively trying but they weren't using BC.. again I thought at her age, well the odds were slim. WRONG! I'm excited as all get go for my nephew especially as he's such a great dad/stepdad!

have great weeks my friends..

dust to all for happiness and joy and GOOD vibes !

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, great pictures of classic cars, I am always a fan of cool cars. I bet you’d wear old cut studs. How could you not? My PC ACA studs are 1/2 ctw; I got them years ago when WF had their ready set to go studs. I usually wear my RB ACA studs but I do rotate in my PC studs since they are WG. Isn’t that weird how dreams can bring up times from so long ago? I hate when they are all jumbled together too; like hoping around from college days, to my old job and to my current job. You are so right; it’s a relief to wake up and stop that crazy dream. The nice thing about iPads is they basically all work the same. The new iPads are pretty cheap now compared to the iPad Pro; I haven’t made up my mind yet either. i am sorry to hear Francesca is still coughing but that she is okay; I hope her cough goes away. That’s great you had a lovely day for a ride.

Tekate, glad you are doing better. Woo hoo! That is great news from your nephew; those 3 girls will spoil their little brother and he’ll drive them crazy some times. But how fun!

We reached 93 degrees today. It was very nice here. I ventured out to get gas in my car but nothing else. I was going to leave getting the iPad Pro to chance but part of it involved Marty’s old Apple watch. I was going to see if they took it in on trade; if they did I’d buy the new iPad; if they only take my iPad then I’d say no. Marty didn’t charge up his watch though so I’ll try it some other day. I decided the apple pencil would be a waste of time, I don’t draw (mostly because I can’t) so why spend that extra money?

Take care.
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results