shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Ladies! Finally got a break from work, and things are slowing down. Tried to catch up as much as I can.
Happy Birthday @Calliecake !!! I'm so excited!!!
@marcy thanks for sharing about your history with teaching. Two full time jobs would be too hard for me. It's great that you enjoyed it while it lasted.
@Austina so sorry about your mishap and hope you are recovering.
@missy always love your pics. Kids especially loved the turtle pictures.
@junebug17 hope all the moving went smoothly. Moving is so stressful.

Can't remember much else but hi and hello to all.

We are doing better in NorCal now. Fires are more under control than not. It's been just stressful and everyone has been on edge because of the uncertainty of when the fires would be more contained.

I'm decompressing after my busy season and can now get back to normal life. My brain is so fried I can't really even focus on anything except maybe looking at bling. Hope you are all doing well. Oh, I've been enjoying my Essie Gel polish. It dries really fast and is quite durable. Mmmm...just started doing Barry's Bootcamp classes which incorporates running and weights. Lots of fun. Cut out sweets for a lot of days, except today, when I was super stressed about getting all the returns submitted. Really looking forward to Nov 3, when Ragnarok, the next installation of Marvel's Thor series opens. I'm a huge Marvel fan. And good to have dinner with the family again, and doing laundry. Yup, that's about it folks!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi hunnies, we're home! :lol:

Will catch up later, just finished unpacking and need to shower and change, then go get my girlie home

See you later :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Marcy I am relieved you got a good review from your boss and he assured you of your job safety. I never doubted it for a minute however. You are a critical important and valuable member of the team. They would be NUTS to let you go.
Also glad your employee took the constructive criticism you had for her well.

Greg would like me to have the cleaning people more often so I am debating having them come more often to make him happy though it really adds up for both homes especially. Everything is so expensive. Are the killer bunnies very mess Marcy? I feel they must be if only do be difficult. Like our kitties. Shedding everywhere they go. I know the teddy bears are sweethearts and clean up after themselves.:!::cheeky:

OMG there are lion tracks where you camp? Umm no thanks. And how rude of that new dean to fire you by mail. IMO that is super unprofessional. And you are right. 2 full time jobs cannot be kept up for too long without detriment to your well being and health. If only there were more hours in the day and we as humans didn't need to sleep a certain amount of hours every night. Of course we could be like cats and sleep 20 plus hours a day. Then we wouldn't have time for much at all.:lol:

Junie honey, I hope you received good news and the closing is tomorrow. Keeping good thoughts for you.

Callie sweetie how are you feeling? Sending bucket loads of healing dust to you. And (((hugs))).

LLJsmom I am glad the kids enjoyed my turtle pics. And YAY for relief from the fires at long last. I am so sad for all the people that lost their homes and belongings and devastated for those who lost loved ones. Horrific.
Glad you are decompressing a bit and enjoying time with family. So looking forward to seeing you soon.

Jimmianne how is life back at the ranch going? Please do share some of your adventures in France with us. :sun:

PierreBear so sweet of your dh to make the re proposal a special event. So romantic! LOVE that. I am getting so excited for you and I cannot wait to see what Adam is coming up with for you. Reminder I am seeing him next week...

That delicious ice cream was Greg's to enjoy though I helped him out a bit hehe. It was peanut butter swirl. It was so yummy. Unfortunately my choices are more limited as I order the No Sugar Added small size. Sugar is poison for me (skin and digestive issues) and the dairy doesn't agree with me either so I make this compromise (keep the dairy lose the extra sugar) and it works for me. My flavor was No Sugar Added peanut butter cup. Not too shabby.

We have the Yonana-makes ice cream from bananas etc. I got it a few years ago but got so lazy using and cleaning it that it is somewhere in storage in our house lol. Greg warned me before I bought it (I had to get 2 just like the Vitamix hahaha) that it was going to end up in the too much trouble to use category for me and collect dust. And yup he was right. It made delicious "ice cream" but I had to have frozen fruit etc on hand and I just became tired of it. I can be super lazy. I really want to get out one of our Vitamixes as those were expensive and start using it again. Makes so many delicious things. Why am I so lazy!\

Here are some Yonana recipes you might be able to use for your ice cream creations.
http://yonanas.com/recipe_categories/

Sorry about your bug spray reaction. Yup that's me to a T. I use Deet if I am going to be outside at night (mosquitoes LOVE me) however it does irritate my skin so I try not being outside at night in the mosquito season. Not very practical but there you have it. I also have a bug repellant concoction that seems to work pretty well (not as well as Deet however) and doesn't irritate me so that is a fall back for me. Includes lemon, lavender and a few other ingredients that don't irritate my skin. We got the ingredients at whole foods and made it ourselves. I have it somewhere in a thread on PS answering a request for someone's bug spray recs.

Glad you enjoyed your glamping (no thank you to ants all over though!) but and sorry the park wasn't kept up as nice as it should have been. That is a shame. Sandy Hook Park by us is beautiful and I hope it always stays that way. Ocean, bay, bike paths and lots of nature all around. Deer, turtles, eagles, etc. For this city girl it is the perfect State Park.

Austina welcome home. Hope Dottie is well and that you had a happy reunion and homecoming.

We are back in Brooklyn and I am glad to be here. Though I wish we were cycling at the beach. LOL. We have a shortened week and I have an appointment with Denise for the permanent crown Friday AM at the beach. But it all depends on if I am experiencing nerve pain or not if I will actually be able to have that appointment. Right now I am sort of in limbo not knowing what will happen. I am nervous as I dislike tooth nerve pain very much and don't want to start having issues when I cannot get hold of an endodontist but nothing to be done re root canal until I am more sure. If all goes well I will go to Denise Friday and have the permanent crown put in but with the temporary hold in case I do need a root canal there at some point in the future. Then we have to come back to NYC as we have plans back here this weekend so a very abbreviated beach visit.

That's my boring update folks. Hope everyone enjoys a lovely day.:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and I forgot. When we arrived back to Brooklyn yesterday we got all our packages (thank you full time doormen!!!) and both of my raincoats are good so I am keeping both of them. You may or may not remember that my objective was to find a long raincoat. They don't have long raincoats for women in the stores by us for some reason. I have been looking off and on for over a year and nothing. Went to Burberry and no long raincoats. Went all over and not even in the department stores. Generally all the women's rain coats are short and the few that were long were just not in my size.

The raincoats I ordered are London Fog raincoats and one is 42" long (Navy) and the other coat is 49" long (khaki). I prefer the Navy color but the Khaki length but they will both do. So one is going to the shore house and one is staying here. I tried them on when we got back yesterday and I was wearing a long sundress (yeah the weather here is cuckoo-sundress and sandal weather in mid October omg) so keep in mind I won't be wearing sundresses with it LOL. So the dress will be shorter than the coat as I hate it when the dress sticks out of the coat unless it is a short jacket that is. Different story then.

Please ignore the wrinkling of the coats as they were sitting folded up in the box for 2 weeks. And excuse the dress sticking out in the following pics. I had to try the coats on immediately yesterday when we arrived home and didn't feel like changing what I was wearing. Except for adding a sweater to make sure I could fit it over a sweater in the cooler weather. I guessed right on the size woohoo. Pleased with the purchase and what a deal too.

londonfognavy.jpg
londonfognavyraincoat.jpg
londonfogkhakiraincoat.jpg
londonfograincoat.jpg

The hood is a bit anemic but oh well. I couldnt manage a photo with the hood on as these selfies are challenging haha but the hood buttons/zips off so either I will have Greg improve upon the hood or I will remove it altogether.

OK I am ready for the rain now. Bring it. Except not for the last 2 weeks in October. Pretty please.:halo:
However come prepared just in case and maybe the rain will stay away...that's my thinking anyway.8-)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Stylish coats MIssy!

There was a bear on the path today--it had just gone into the water (bath and a meal I suppose?)...and the police were on the pathway advising us walkers and cyclists. LOL Never a dull moment around here!

Gorgeous warm weather 18 C will be the high today. The pink sky/sunrise was breath taking!=)2 Walked 8.2 kms.

Howdy JimmieA--tell us about your trip!!!!!
JuneB--hope your moves are going well.

Have a great day folks!

cheers--Sharon

P

PierreBear

Hello NIRDI ladies! Got my office lights changed out this morning and it's really bright. I can't believe I've been working in the dark for so long. Hopefully it's a good thing for my eyes. I have my mid-term exam tomorrow for baking so no fun pictures to show ya'll. So I'm off to finish up work and squeeze in some study time. Hope everyone has a great day!

@marcy – How neat that the astronomy club gets to partake in the private camping grounds. I love seeing all the colorful gourds in all shapes and sizes at the grocery store too. 21 years is such a long time to teach and sorry that it ended so abruptly via a letter. Ugh, it makes me sick to my stomach to hear a story like that because it is obvious you are passionate about astronomy with all the pictures you share with us.

Hurray on the RV saga coming to an end. Good luck with work!

@LLJsmom – Congrats on getting through busy season. I was wondering if you worked with corporate/partnership returns when you mentioned your busy season. Hello from another fellow accountant! I’m a big Marvel fan too! Enjoy that family time.

@Austina – Welcome home and glad you returned safely. How are you healing up from your fall? Still bruised up?

@missy – No sugar ice cream huh? Are you then a sorbet girl where it is more fruit base? Thanks for sharing the Yonana recipes! I actually just bought some Acaci powder to try out with the banana ice cream concoctions. Will try it out once Amazon delivers it out to us.

Oh that reminds me… DH and I finished our whole bottle of Probiotics that I mentioned. I think it was effect. I was very routine with my bathroom habits but I’m not sure if it necessarily prevented any bloating and other digestive issues. I’m actually going to see how my body reacts when going off of the pills and see if there is another difference. I’m not sure I’m sold yet on the pill form but it was easy to take it with our vitamins.

Hope you don’t have any nerve pain! Good luck with the dental visit.

Love the rain coats! I love any long jacket for any matter. You are right that it is a bit hard to find long coats. I picked one up when we were in Spain a few years ago but they don’t carry that brand in the states. It is more prevalent in Europe I suppose so they do more walking and have more of a need. Yours look great though and I love that navy color on you!

@canuk-gal – What a treat to see a bear. Hope your knee is still doing well.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

LLJsmom, that’s nice work is slowing down for you. I am getting in to the busy season so it’s good to know one of us can relax a bit. I did enjoy teaching a subject I am so passionate about but I don’t miss those 7:30 am to midnight work days at all. That was Monday and Wednesday when I worked my regular job, taught on campus then came home and graded papers. The other days I spent maybe 2 - 4 hours a night depending on how much homework I had to grade. I am enjoying my Essie gel polish too. Thank you for the recommendation. I’m on day 8 today and it needs to come off. Enjoy bootcamp and glad you are excited for the upcoming Thor series.

Austina, glad you made it home all right. I saw a video of some planes landing in the hurricane winds.

Missy, I was glad to hear at least my boss wouldn’t pick me to “go” but one never knows these days. My employee was working diligently on her new projects today. I was glad to see that. The Killer Rabbits are very messy. I should put them on a swiffer and tell Marty they work great to clean the floor. My bears would be out the back door in a flash. I am sure your cute kitties don’t mean to shed everywhere. Yes, the teddy bears are very good at cleaning up after themselves.
I would say bears are more likely to be around camping areas than lions but I guess I am used to that since I grew up here and we camped quite a bit when I was a kid.
I thought firing me by mail was pretty tacky. I was only under that dean for 2 years. The deans I worked for in the science department were very kind and supportive. I talked to one of them after I was fired and they didn’t want to say much against that lady but said they would have never handled it that way and would have tried to keep me on. I was pretty upset when it happened but it was for the best. Yes, it impacted my health. My blood pressure was pretty bad then and I didn’t sleep much. I don’t think I’d like sleeping 20 hours a day but I could try.
Good luck with Denise and I hope your tooth doesn’t hurt and definitely that it doesn’t end up needing a root canal.
Your raincoats look fabulous. I love London Fog coats. They are one of my favorites.

Sharon, small world that you had a bear on the path today. This is the time of year they are coming out around here but they aren’t as cranky yet as springtime. That’s nice you had a long walk today and the sky was breath taking. I love to watch sunrises and sunsets.

PierreBear, oh no to bright lights at work. I need the extra light but I know most people hate the lights on high. Good luck on your mid-term exam tomorrow. You’ll ace it.
Many of my students commented on my review how enthusiastic I was about my subject. I remember one time I was going through some slides and I said “this is one of my favorite things” and a student pointed out to me I say that about almost everything. I couldn’t argue the point.

So speaking of bears I do have an amusing bear story. When we went to Glacier National Park I kept reading you need to watch out for bears. We stopped in Bozeman on the way up there and went to a family picnic with a friend of mine and I kept joking I was going to keep my eye on Marty because I was worried he’ll be slipping bacon in my pockets to attract bears. My friend leans over towards Marty and said “bears really like apples’. I’m like - thanks friend!

Work was interesting today. That lady worked on her new projects with a smile on her face. I also may get an old employee back on my team that would noticeably increase the productivity of my team. He worked for me when he started there about 4 years ago and ran circles around everyone within 2 months. He was fast and accurate. He’s been in 2 other departments since and currently supervises another department but his manager is having quite a few issues with him. I don’t think he’s honest and kind of a deflector who likes to exaggerate things and stir things up. He’s had quite a few complaints made against him by one of his employees. I got along well with him but knew he wasn’t all he seemed. I told his current manager all of these before he was put on her team (She didn’t pick him) and so I think she wants to get him off her team. My senior manager likes to swap people around and so if I get this guy then one of my problem children will get moved. Time will tell. My boss and I are both voting for the least productive employee even though it would be nice to get rid of one of my 2 problem children. Maybe they’ll all get mad and quit. Who knows? I’ll probably know something this week anyway.

It was gorgeous here today. Low 70’s, sunny and not too windy.
Laters,
Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hugs to all from me too!

I’m just so happy to be back on PS and in touch with you all and hearing about your lives.

Gosh, June, the process has been long for you with the house. I am thrilled for you that it will close very soon. And thank you for welcoming me back.
Scandi, I checked in at the “how big could you wear” forum and loved your response. You go girl!
LLJSmom! hello!
Sharon, a bear? That would unsettle me, but nice adventure!
Missy, both coats look fabulous on you. I'm going to find the selfie from France the day I looked in the mirror and thought - by gosh, I'm channeling Missy! but there is no comparison. Your clothes fit so beautifully.

i've had a busy re-entry. Yoga twice a week, company over for coffee, doc appointments, and of course mowing two hours every afternoon.
I had a wonderful time in France with my young friends - they are so active and curious and fun. They too fell in love with the country.
I took a French lesson every week and the highlight was a trip to the Combier Distillery in Saumur. We were filmed interviewing the owner - in French- which was nerve wracking, but a triumph when it was done. The film will be used for an online French course : )
The distillery served us a cocktail of citron syrup, gin and sparkling rose wine. Amazing. I bought some Combier absinthe to bring home but have not tried it yet.
I also discovered the big charity thrift store, Emmaus, where they were selling huge carved and mirrored antique armoires for under 100euros, and you could sort through antique linen clothing and sheets with beautiful monograms & needlework..your choice, 5euros. Fun.
I'll post some photos of my house later. It's almost finished, except for paint and carpets, which are not as easy to upgrade as in the states.
So, I went to parties, finally went out for some real French "white table cloth" dinners, made more new friends and generally had a great time!

IMG_2145.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Baboo, who visits me from up the street. Looks like they had to put a bell on her and I'm not surprised. She is a fierce hunter.
IMG_2240.jpg

My little breakfast nook brightened up with modern furniture.

IMG_2207 (1).jpg
My young friends
IMG_1953.jpg

finished guest room
IMG_1798.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Sharon Yay that you got to enjoy a lovely walk and lovely weather and got to see a bear too. And made it home safely to share the story!

Jimmianne fabulous! LOVE what you have done to your home and LOVE how happy and content you look in the photos. And I am sincerely complimented by the "channeling Missy" photo.:lol: You look so beautiful in all the photos. When you visit we will take twinsies photos of the 2 of us in our dresses, boots and jackets.8-)

Love Baboo:kiss2:, love your light fixtures and love the beams. Love the outdoor photo. I feel like I am in France when I see your beautiful home.

PierreBear good luck on your midterm today! Thanks for the probiotic update and I am waiting to hear your thoughts now that you have stopped taking them. I am not a huge sorbet fan. I prefer the creaminess of ice cream and that is the issue haha. Dairy and sugar and all that good stuff that doesn't love me. Oh well. The banana adds all the creaminess to the Yonana recipes so if you don't add banana you have to add something creamy like avocado which sounds (and maybe tastes) weird in a dessert...

Marcy you must be so relieved to be done with that RV business. Bye bye!
I know you are an engaging and enthusiastic and wonderful teacher and I am sorry that job and firing caused your health to suffer.
Haha love the bear story. Yay for beautiful weather. And fingers crossed you get your "good" employee back on your team. That would be lovely.
Hope today is a good day at work for you.

I am off to see Tuey today and also check out a diamond he has to show me. Not for me but he inherited it and wants my opinion. Which of course was (I saw him last month too but he forgot to bring the diamond d'oh) to get it GIA certified but I bet he didn't do it yet. Will find out later and try to take photos. I don't remember any deets on this diamond but I don't think it is big. Not like that colored diamond of his that I saw the beginning of this year. He still has that one too.

I am still on with Denise for my crown this Friday. Oh don't I wish it was a blingy crown for my head instead of my tooth. Oh well.:cry2: I am still apprehensive as I am not sure I am not making a mistake ugh. If I need a root canal after the permanent crown is put in place forget about the extra cost but more importantly the time and pain and not in that order LOL. But I am just doing the best I can one day at a time. Not the ideal time to start having teeth/nerve issues for sure with visits on the horizon from some of my fave people but oh well. Timing was never my strong suit. :knockout::doh: Fingers crossed no matter what happens pain is minimal and there are no interruptions during the upcoming important visits. :pray:

Have a wonderful day lovely ladies and perhaps I will be back later with blingy loose stone photos. No promises but we will see what Tuey has to show me and if it is worth getting any pics. :wavey:

Yanno what, I will leave you with a blingy pics of my own to brighten up the morning. Hope you enjoy!

Bea in bed with Bobby yesterday morning.

beainbedwithbobby.jpg

beaandbobby.jpg

and finally Bea on PS. :lol:

beaonpricescope.jpg

P

PierreBear

Baking written exam this morning. Forgot some of the technical terms but it went well enough. Nice that it was a shorter day and didn’t have to rush back to the office like I usually do. Next semester I was considering taking a course called wedding cakes but I have a conflict. Will be taking an intermediate culinary class, which I’m a bit intimidated to try out and I prefer to stay on the baking realm. However, any practice will be good practice though.

@marcy – It’s great to have many favorite things! I would love to take one of your classes one day.

Hope your department gets filled with all the right productive people. Interesting that people get to move around in different areas/departments. I used to work for a large public company and always thought people would learn different skill sets and more about the company if they could rotate within different departments. It was a win win situation, especially if people were bored or over qualified for their role. However, no one was really on board with it for some reason. Maybe they don’t want to retrain people? It wasn’t a good working environment with so much turnover but thought it was a simple thing that could have helped out.

@Jimmianne – Wow, French lessons every week? Have you heard of duolingo? It is a free online website that allows you to practice. I kept it up for about 6 months but eventually gave up on it.

What a wonderful home! Very French!

@missy – Yes, fingers crossed on the minimal pain on Friday. You are a tough lady and can get through it.

Thanks for the lovely pictures of Bea and Bobby. Gosh your hands are so lovely!

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne

Both the house and you are tres, tres, belle!! I'm so glad you had such a good time.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Sorry I didn't make it back yesterday, but had things to do, then we had tickets to a charity evening for our local children's hospice. It's nothing grand, a curry with Elvis, but it's fun, and helped us stay awake:lol:. We got home about 11pm, and I managed to sleep for a few hours, rather than sleeping for a couple of hours then being wide awake.

Dottie was pleased to see us in her usual restrained way, she's been having lots of long walks so is still tired. We don't think she sleeps much when she's around other dogs at the sitters, whereas at home she's always snoozing :lol:

:appl:To the RV being done and dusted @marcy I'm stunned that someone would fire you by email, cowardly and downright shitty:x2 I'm not surprised your current employer doesn't want to lose you. Good, hardworking people are always hard to find, and someone as obviously conscientious as you, even more so. I hope you can offload a duffer and get a good worker back.

Glad to hear that things have quietened down work-wise @LLJsmom and the fires are under control now. Must be scary being close to them. Thanks for the concern, I'm ok.

Hi @Jimmianne lovely to 'see' you, and the house is looking fab.

You'd do great in the intermediate culinary class @PierreBear don't doubt yourself, look at what you've achieved already.

A bear @canuk-gal :shock: Was it a biggun?

I hope the closing happened today @junebug17, I've had everything crossed for you. Did your earrings arrive today?

@missy is it worth discussing with Denise your worries about the crown/RCT scenario and see what she thinks? Maybe you could have a temp one until you're sure what's going on with the tooth?

I'm glad your rain macs arrived and are both good fits and keepers, they look very stylish on you.

Those of a nervous disposition, look away now!!

Bruise update : :roll2:

Arm
IMG_2090.JPG
Right knee

IMG_2089.JPG

I noticed today I've also got a huge bruise on my left hand, didn't see it before because of the tan. No wonder it's been painful, I actually thought I might've broken my wrist when it happened :shock:

Oh dear, I look a real state, good job it's got cool here and I'm back to long sleeves :lol:

:wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Nirdis!

Missy, sending good thoughts everything works out ok with your tooth and you don't need a root canal. Gorgeous pics of Bea, she looks so beautiful! :love::love::love: Love that cute kitty in the background too. Your raincoats look wonderful on you, they fit you beautifully.

Jimmianne, oh my goodness your house looks fabulous!!!! I love it, my gosh, the kitchen looks SO great. What a transformation. Your hard work has paid off. Your artistic talent truly shows in these renovations. And you look fantastic! Sounds like you had an amazing time in France and some great experiences. And I'm glad things are going well for you now that you're back. You sound active, involved, and happy. :appl:You look terrific too! Love the pics of you and your friends. Love the pic of you channeling Missy, you look wonderful.

Austina, glad you made it home with no issues and are settling back in. I agree that theme parks are fun but exhausting! I'm glad you had a good time. Btw, the ride I had a panic attack on is Mission Space - I think we went on the intense version? I'll bet Dottie was so happy to see you - Yes, she's probably worn out from her adventure!

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry you got so bruised by your fall! You poor thing, it must have been very scary falling like that and I am just so glad you didn't get injured more seriously. Sending lots of healing vibes to you!

Marcy, congrats on getting a good review from your boss, so nice to get some positive feedback. I'm glad your employee is taking her job seriously and working on the things she needs to. Sounds like there might be changes with your employees and I hope things go your way! Sorry you're having issues with the cleaning people and I hope you can get back on track with them showing up at the right time. It's great that the RV situation is finally all settled, congrats!

Calliecake, I'm so sorry your procedure put a damper on your birthday, getting wisdom teeth removed is painful and I hope you're feeling better by now.

Scandi, having a PT sounds like a great idea, a good way to keep on track and I hope it's working out for you. See what I did there lol? Very glad to hear F is doing well!

PierreBear, glad you had a fun time camping but it's a shame the lake area was in such poor condition. Those gourds are very cute! Sounds like your midterm went well, you're probably glad it's over! A wedding cake class sounds interesting and fun to me. A culinary class might be a nice break from baking, and I'm sure you will learn a lot.

Sharon, oh no to running into a bear on your ride! Glad you are enjoying some warm weather right now.

LLJsmom, I'm glad your busy period is winding down and you can relax a little and enjoy being with your family and do some normal everyday things. Must feel good! I'm glad the fires seem to be a little more under control, so terrible. My brother lives in the SF area and he said everything was covered with a coat of soot and some people wore masks. In fact, I think he got some for his grandsons but I don't know how long they wore them. Good for you for doing the Bootcamp classes and watching your sugar. I haven't been exercising that much lately and I have to get back on track.

Rainwood, hi there, hope all is well and that being busy isn't causing you too much stress!

I didn't close on my mother's house today, and the realtor told me today it will probably be about 7 years more days. The buyers changing lenders at the last minute just prolonged everything.

But on a happy note my studs came today! They are very pretty! 1.80 tcw, GIA excellent, H SI 1. Eye clean, yay. At first they seemed almost a little too big but I wore them for a while and now they seem fine haha.
IMG_7093.JPG

Have a good night everyone, see you soon!

ETA - omigosh that one pic was gigantic!! I removed it, will try to repost it - it didn't look like that in the preview :read:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Jimmianne, you are such a beautiful lady and what a big smile your wearing. You look very happy with your young friends. Your house is looking fabulous. You must have worked night and day.

Missy, I am very relieved the RV is behind us.. Yes, my health suffered from working that much but I was working on improving it before I quit teaching. It’s still an ongoing process. I hope your crown fixes everything for your tooth and you don’t have to worry about it anymore. The pictures of Bea are fabulous. Miss Bea is gorgeous perfection.

PierreBear, I am sure you did great on your test. Both of those other classes sound interesting and fun. I’d love to have you take one of my classes. We have our own domain; I was thinking of putting up a little class on our website. I agree with you that moving people around improves everyone’s skills but it costs time and money to train people. The senior manager has 4 departments and usually moves one person because they aren’t a good fit where they are. I think a great deal of my team’s problem is out of 5 people 4 of them were given to me in a swap. My boss didn’t mention it to me all day so I asked him at about 2:30 and he hadn’t heard a thing. Who knows if it will ever happen.

Hi Rainwood.

Austina, the night at Children’s Hospice sounds kind of fun and it’s certainly for a good cause. Too funny that Dottie was pleased to see you in her usual restrained way. That almost sounds like a cat rather than a dog. I agree with your assessment of the lady that fired me. I wouldn’t do that to a horrible employee. Thank you for the kind words about me. I sure try to be a good employee. LOL at offload a duffer. I like it. Ouch to your bruises, i am so sorry you took such a nasty fall. I hope you are feeling better.

Junebug, your new earrings are gorgeous. They are the perfect size and are beautiful diamonds. I am sure you’ll enjoy seeing them when you look in the mirror. I try to remain hopeful that things improve with my employees. I continue to try. Yes, it i nice to get some positive feedback at work. Sorry it is one more week on your mom’s house but closing will be soon. Buying a house has so many pieces and parts that need to come together so one thing can throw everything off. Is your brother all settled in his new condo? I can’t find the option any more for small pictures. Mine always come out huge.

Not much new here. I got a catalog in the mail that had Snoopy stuff. I had my shopping cart up to about $300 but removed stuff and got it down to $165. It was Snoopy. I needed it.

It was another gorgeous day today.
Laters,
Marcy

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Life is a little crazy right now, but will get better soon I hope. LOL. Trying to get the house ready before Christmas is a downright pain in the ***. So many things that seam small, but are expensive and take time. And now we have spent so much money, we really do need to do the rest on a sort of budget. Who ever knew they wanted about USD 40.000 for a perfectly normal staircase?? Oh come on… so not happening. So today I have been shopping around for alternatives.

Jimmianne!! Welcome back!! I have missed you, but it sounds like you have had a very *very* nice time! So happy for you! The pictures are wonderful, both you and the house look amazing!!! I especially love the picture of the bed, the frame is just sooooo nice! Love the colour!

Missy, your kitchen reno sounds expensive, walls or not. But then again. Anything worth having… Personally, I do love your brick wall in the pictures I have seen of it though. If you think the fee is too high, perhaps challenge the architect to give you three different versions to choose from? You know, for example with and without removing said wall? Love the rain coats, but especially the blue! Both very stylish on you!

Marcy, I just can’t get over that firing-you-by-letter story. So rude!! You are better off without them, but I understand how you must miss teaching! I only do a little bit of that, and though sooooo much work, I do love it! A new guy on your team sounds interesting. Perhaps you can make him bring cake? That reminds me, when I took riding lessons when I was younger, we always had to bring a cake next time if we fell off, LOL. Perhaps the same could go for your employees messing things up? If you get called at home, whoever was responsible must make you a cake??

Re bears and lions. Bears – OK. Have heard of those. LIONS???? Don’t they live in Africa???? I literally have no idea if you are joking or not… And thus, I feel very uneducated. After two 5-year masters. I must have been sleeping a lot in class…. LOL. Please (!) enlighten me though!

Pierrebear, please join in my fitness revolution, LOL. I don’t really need to lose weight, but I need to “tone” my thighs, so will try to gain some more muscle and lose a little fat. They did a body composition analysis, and “evil guy” is not too keen on me losing too much fat – at 18.7% right now apparently. I still claim that the machine must be broken, but he is a hard nut to crack, LOL. We agreed that it would be ok for me to lose a little as long as I keep my weight. Really, I’m an easy client: I told him I want the fitness level of a professional athlete and the looks of Jessica Alba – before Christmas. Not nice of him to start laughing…. LOL LOL LOL

So to sum it all up: I’m stiff and sore as *ell today. Crunches – my strong side. He killed me. Apparently I didn’t struggle enough, so he put weights in my arms and told me to hold them up over my head. Evil. You can see my abs today. That is how much they hurt. They are screaming through the fat LOL.

June, how is everything? Sold and packed and ready for the holiday you surely deserve?? You have done such an amazing job with all this, you should probably become a professional real-estate advisor! You better be proud of yourself! The studs are OMG just amazing!!!

Jaaron! Hello!! I have missed you! So happy that your project is OK and that a glass of Champagne is heading your way!! Perhaps you have deserved an entire bottle though… My F furbaby is totally milking the situation! She knows very well that she is my everything – so after jumping from the sofa to the armchair, she will give little whimpers for me to come over to her – pretending she is in too much pain to come to me (whilst I’m sitting in the sofa she just left…). Hmmmm…. Silly girl. No. Correction. Silly me. LOL

Austina, that is so funny about Dottie! Our F is the same way if she spends time with my mother – will sleep for days when I come home – finally able to rest properly, LOL

Sorry for everything I have missed! Hugs!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
June, congrats on your beautiful studs! you have my admiration and envy!
I know getting a good ear shot is a challenge, but I hope you find time to do just that.
Perfect that they seemed a little too large, don't you think?????
thank you for the compliments...I will have to say that anyone channeling Missy is going to look pretty darned good.

Scandi - love it "abs screaming through fat", although I don't know that your abs HAVE any fat to scream through! Sounds as though your pup is a great source of amusement, and I'm glad things are going well. Even on my tiny house I spent a ton on smaller items and it seemed as though I went shopping every day for a long time, so I know just what you're talking about.

Hi Marcy : ) I noticed that Mr.KB is offering online fitness. What a great idea. These artist-types are a wealth of ideas...look like you got a good one, despite the fangs. <3

Thank you Rainwood : ) Happiness is the BEST cosmetic, yes? I'm still catching up. How are you doing? Are you getting to your vacation house as much as you like?

Missy, I always love, love seeing photos of Bea. She is a true star, a celebrity in her own right. If you can just post photos of your cats and diamonds every day you will make everyone very happy.
Sorry about the tooth - the day you wrote about it I had just gotten back from my dental cleaning and they found a cracked tooth. I fear the dentist more than flying...but he said Fix It Now and you may be saved from a crown. So I shall do what I must and you shall do as YOU must, and then we will be free again to worry about other things : 0

Pierre Bear, great minds think alike! I started Duolingo two years ago then dropped it. Took it back up a few weeks ago and could not believe how fast I could go through the lessons - must have picked up more French than I thought. Great confidence builder in a fun game-format. Good for our brains, yes?

Austina OMG! I"m glad you didn't break anything...those are impressive bruises.

has anyone ever tried that online personal shopper Stitch Fix? I may regret it, but I signed up for an order today. It looked like fun to get a box of clothes picked out by someone else.

Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandi, we have mountain lions around here. Joggers in California run in it them sometimes too.

Have a great day!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandi, we have mountain lions around here. Joggers in California run in it them sometimes too.

Have a great day!

Google'd them! They are gorgeous!!! Please can I have one for Christmas??? Will trade you my studs...?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Junie Those look so awesome on you. They are the PERFECT size! I see you didn't add an ear pic here but I can tell the girls who didn't get to see them on you that they are AMAZBLING and GORGEOUS. So bright so beautiful and so much presence! Wear in health and happiness honey!:appl:

I am sorry the house closing for your mom's property is delayed and sending more speedy vibes your way. It will be over soon and what a relief I know that will be.

Austina, sweetheart, oh my! Thank goodness you did not break anything. I am so sorry you poor thing and I hope you are feeling almost all better! I am a a HUGE klutz and so I can empathize with your bruises with your last fall. Big (((Hugs))) and healing vibes.

Glad Dottie did well in your absence and that she is happy you are all back. One of the best (and worst also because it is back to reality however it is also most often the best I know weird but this is the way my mind thinks lol) things about traveling is coming home don't you think?

Thanks for your suggestion about asking Denise. I thought about that but I am not sure the temporary crown is fitting well as there is larger gap than I would like b.w that tooth and the last one and when I floss it hurts. So I think probably my best bet is to travel back to the beach house just for the day-what a (figurative and hopefully not literal!) pain. But I think it might be worth the traveling to just at least have her look at it and tell me what she thinks...I am really not sure what the best thing is to do. Tooth nerve pain is for me the absolute worst pain but I guess in this case I must wait and see what if anything develops re that nerve since a prophylactic root canal is not a good idea.

PierreBear glad the written part of your midterm went well! Thank you for the hand compliment but I don't love my hands. First of all they are MAN hands. They are huge. Of course when I was young my piano teacher always used to say how jealous he was of the span I have with my hands. But I no longer play piano so I don't need such big hands haha. Second of all they get red so easily and swollen. From autoimmune issues and I am at peace with that but I don't love the way they look. But I love the way I can use them and appreciate that they are generally not causing me pain so I will take your lovely compliment thank you.

When is the practical portion of your baking midterms? What are you baking do you know?

Marcy haha to Snoopy and the shopping cart and good for you for narrowing it down.:bigsmile: Thank you as always for the lovely compliments. Hugs to you and hope the rest of the workweek is going well. Glad you are enjoying some gorgeous weather by you.

Jimmianne very true and wise and please yes take care of your cracked tooth. Visiting the dentist is up there on my very least things to do only surpassed by visiting the endodontist of course :knockout:. Hope your tooth is fixed painlessly my dear. Thank you for your lovely words and I do enjoy taking photos of my kitties with Bea and thank you all for so graciously viewing and commenting on those photos. I have some more bling and other pics to share. Perhaps too many.8-)
I know you are beautiful not just on the outside but on the inside too (as are all the NIRDIs!!!) and I feel very privileged that I got to meet you IRL. Hope to see you again soon...

I think Greg tried that personal shopper (but not sure if it was Stitch Fix-I will ask him but right now he is en route to the office) and it was pretty good. It was on point for his style. But it was a waste for him as he doesn't need that service and they charge extra of course for the clothes so he sent it all back. He wanted to see if they could add anything innovative or exciting to his wardrobe so for his purposes it wasn't worth it but he was glad to have tried it. You have nothing to lose so go for it and let us know what you think.

Scandi thank you that is a good suggestion. We do have alternate plans but I don't love any of the options. This is a case of improving what we have but not going to be perfect and just compromising on what we can do. Not sure yet as we cannot schedule the architect till we are back at the beach house and that won't be till November so I will have to be patient. Not a strong suit of mine.:lol:

Glad your PT is working out and haha to seeing the abs through the fat...me too.:cheeky: I am in a bit of discomfort there as well as I have started back on the Pilates Reformer after being at the beach with no Reformer and let's say I am feeling the pain of missing so many workouts on the Reformer.:!: Hugs to F and T.

Hello Rainwood. Safe travels!

Off for more caffeine. Will be back with photos in a while. Will just say yesterday was a success. Beautiful bling, great visit with Tuey and romantic dinner with my dh. Oh and I got my hair highlighted for the first time ever. It did not cover much of the gray but it will do. Blends it all OK IMO. Leaving you with a quick hair pic from yesterday and will be back with more pics after.

tueyandmissyhighlights.jpg

Now I must get more coffee and then will go through the pics from yesterday and share with you. Have a good morning girls!

P

PierreBear

Good morning! I have a dentist appointment today. Just a typical cleaning. Not a fun process but it’s nice how your teeth feel afterwards. Oh speaking of medical appointments, I got my blood results back from an annual physical. I’m on the low side for white blood cells and vitamin D. I think my WBCs are always on the low range but maybe there is nothing alarming as I rarely get sick. Maybe once a year I get a cold? Vitamin D one is surprising though as it is a fat soluble so it can accumulate in your body. The excess Vit D doesn’t leave your body. So I assume that with taking a multi-vitamin and being out in the sun for so much, I would be on the high range. Anyhow, I would like to share with ya’ll since I’ve learned this from the past that sunblock deters bad things like UV rays. However, it also similarly will block good things like what you need to build Vit D in the body. A bit of a catch 22 regarding sun block, hence the possible need for vitamins. Anyhow, hope ya’ll are staying healthy and caring for yourself!

I hope ya’ll don’t mind if I share something on my mind. Maybe I’m just feeling down lately. Maybe it’s the nature of getting older and being in different life stages and changes. Have ya’ll had relationships with your friends change over time? I think I’ve been seeing a trend where people are caught up in their busy lives. I don’t blame them. I do the same where I feel like I am just treading water, trying to just catch a breath and not get overwhelmed. However, it seems like I pursue/initiate the get togethers or call/email to check in on certain friends. But it feels a bit one-sided. I wonder if I didn’t do those things at all, would we still be friends and stay in touch? Is this just the nature of everyone transitioning to “adult life” and me still holding onto those earlier years? Sorry this feels like a dear diary entry and maybe my hormones are going crazy and I’m just being extra sensitive. I don’t think it’s a division of not having kids and having kids either so was just curious if anyone has been through a similar cycle.

Anyhow, I hope everyone is doing well. Tomorrow is Fri YAY!

@Austina – Oh my my… those bruises do look painful. Hope you are on the mend. So glad you didn’t break your wrist!

@junebug17 – Very very pretty studs! Love that it’s in one of those fancy boxes too. What did your DH think about it? Did you put them on and say “notice anything different about me?” If he answered no then that means you should have gone bigger. If he answered yes then that means he appreciates it and you could have gone bigger. Haha, I tease! So excited for you! When are you going to wear them? Daily wear or with certain outfits?

@marcy – Are you a snoopy fan? I actually have a few snoopy “music boxes.” I can’t really call them music boxes as they don’t open up but if you turn the bottom of it, music plays. My father got them for me long time ago when I was a child. I don’t even know where but I’ve held onto it. Looking forward to what you picked out!

@Scandinavian – hahaha I like your fitness goals. Aim high! I read an article the other day saying out runners and endurance athletes in essence train their bodies to use up “energy differently” since they need sustained energy for a long time compared to sprinters. When I look at the body types of runners, the true elite runners, they are like tiny fast stick figures. But so lean that their muscles show through. I don’t think I can achieve that look from my current work out regime since I need to do a lot of cardio right now. I might experiment to see what happens if I do less cardio and more strength training. Right now I would say that I do 80% cardio and 20% weight training. The weight training is really just a complement, trying to keep me healthy and strong to do cardio. How much cardio is your personal trainer recommending for the body type you are seeking? Would love to learn from your process.

Did you pick out your Christmas outfit yet? Good luck with the house renovations.

@Jimmianne – Way to go on learning French. I might try duolingo again. I wish they had Chinese!

No I never tried Stitch Fix, but I think I remember some friends complaining about the picks. It was a box either that they loved or nothing worked at all. It could be their own personal assistant though? Hope you get something that you enjoy and come back and share the outfit with us!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG Missy, those highlights look amazibling on you :geek2::love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello Scandi and PierreBear! Thank you Scandi!

PierreBear I am sorry you are feeling a bit blue. What you are experiencing is normal. People change. Life changes and relationships change. With the stress (good and bad) of adult life and careers and children etc relationships are bound to evolve and change. It can be hard and sobering but you will find new relationships and also make some of the ones you already have even better if that makes sense. It is the way life is. Change is inevitable.But some of it is for the best and you will find even more joy. (((HUGS))).

Ok some photos from yesterday. The walls at Tuey's place are yellow. The whole environment is very yellow so the rings pick up all that yellow and IRL nothing looks as yellow as it does in these pics. You can see from my photos how yellow the environment is and why the rings look more yellow than they really are. My guess is Tuey's mom's OMC might be NOP (but it might also be ST) so we will see what Adam thinks.

This is one of Tuey's mom's rings and she is interested in selling it. He asked me to look at it and share my thoughts so I did and we are going to perhaps get a GIA cert for it and also see what Adam thinks. Thank you Adam for being so gracious to allow Tuey to come and see you.

Bea is on top and Tuey's mom's OMC below Bea.

beavsomctuey.jpg

Yummy bypass don't you think?
beaandtueyomcbypass.jpg

and see how yellow it looks here...
omctuey.jpg

and how much whiter it looks here

omctuey.jpeg

These old cuts are great chameleons and I will say Tuey's OMC is really lovely. Pillowy and chunky and in some lights a golden yellow and in others a creamy ivory. So pretty!

missywearingomctuey.jpg

and lastly the OMC caretaker for now hehe.

missywithtuey.jpg

I do have lots of videos which some of you lovely ladies already have seen (and thank you girls for sharing in my bling excitement yesterday...I really appreciate it! I told Greg I am never alone with the NIRDIs always there at all times of day and night (((HUGS)))...and if anyone else is interested in viewing the videos please let me know. I might sort through them and share to IG but right now I don't know when I will have time to do that. Retirement is really taking up a lot of my free time. :lol::lol::lol:

Oh and after I saw Tuey I met Greg at El Quijote and we had such a lovely dinner! Backstory we hadn't been here since the 90s and it used to be one of my favorite restaurants...not sure why I stopped going but we are back now!

I had the vegetarian paella and Greg had the seafood paella. The portions are as huge as I remember. Lots of leftovers and I love leftovers! The Reisling I had was so delicious and Greg enjoyed his red wine choice. Really a wonderful restaurant. Looking forward to sharing it with some of you when you visit.

elquijote.jpg

gregatelquijote.jpg

elquijotegregdinner.JPG

elquijotedishes.jpg

OK that's all for now ladies. Have a wonderful day and (((HUGS))) to you all.

Last edited:
P

PierreBear

@missy – Whoops you posted right before I did. I got comments on “piano hands” as well. I’m the youngest of my cousins and being the only child, I did what all the other cousins did. They played piano so my parents just told me I had to do it too. I rebelled and really wanted to play the flute. Ha! Lame rebellion but it was the truth. So I took lessons for a few years and just was terrible at it. I admire someone who can play it… your left hand can do something completely different from the right? You are truly talented that you know how to play! I still have my childhood piano. Just an upright piano and nothing fancy. It’s essentially a décor piece in our living room. DH always says it’s the dream to have so much free time that we can take lessons together. One can dream?!

I think the practical part of the baking test is closer to the end of the semester so early December. We have to bake a swiss roll, which uses the foaming technique. Then make a swiss butter cream. Have you made one before?

OOhhh good hair highlight choice! Looking ready for the holidays!!!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@PierreBear, before I forget: I only do cardio to "stay in shape", as in not sound like I'm dying when I go hiking/hunting/dog training with any and all of the boys/men in my life :lol-2::P2 . Also, I *LOVE* cross country skiing, so need a bit of lung capacity for that, LOL. What I really want is to lose a little fat without losing muscle, so with the PT I'll only do weights (3 times per week) to keep the muscle on whilst I cut back just a little on calories, and making sure I eat no fast carbs. I do cardio (mostly endurance + intervals) with the dogs :P2. For me, I think eating about 1600 calories per day should do the trick. I have been trying to educate myself on blablabla for years, so I might have some helpful hints if I know what you want to achieve and where you are now? In general, lifting progressively heavier weights will increase muscle volume. Eating less will reduce weight. Cardio burns calories, but not only fat - also muscle. So if you want to "slim down" in general, combining weights and cardio is good to boost metabolism and burn calories. The weights can help you keep your muscles, or perhaps even gain if you mind your food/proteins (and you are quite a bit away from "maximum muscles" - body builders would find it a bit hard to gain muscles whilst eating a calorie deficit..) Not sure if that was helpful. Please ask if I can help in any way, although I'm in no way a professional and any and all advice should be taken at your own risk :P2

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy I love your highlights! A fun change for Fall. Will this alter your fall wardrobe choices?

PierreBear, I noticed the same thing about friends. Everyone seems to be getting a little lackluster as though they are settling in : ( My friends have turned into homebodies so their idea of fun is a cup of tea at 3pm and horrors if you suggest an outing that requires an effort! LOL
I call more than I get called and try not to assume I've become obnoxious. haha
However in France where people have been adventuresome enough to move or travel there, people seem younger and livelier.
i have an 84 year old author in my French class I can't keep up with! Not only that she is writing a book on her move.
Let's stay on THAT side of the equation, eh?
So, that said, I am off to my knitting group. sitting around clicking the needles and talking politics.
ugh, but still I go LOL

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

@PierreBear, what you are experiencing is the same the world over. We've gone through periods where we saw friends regularly, dinners at each other's houses when the children were small, then back to going 'out' when they were older. We all moved to different areas, and gradually started seeing each other less, and I think that is when the contact started waning. We made friends with other parents, and new relationships started. It's difficult when you feel you're the one keeping things going, or when friends disappoint you. We only have a few close friends rather than lots of acquaintances, which we prefer. Of course, if/when we move to the US, we'll have to make new friends.

:love: @junebug17 your earrings are stunning, they look so clean, white and sparkly, wear them in good health. So sorry the closing didn't happen, hopefully next week. I'm sure you'll be mightily relieved when it's finally done.

@missy your hair looks so pretty, the colour is very natural on you. I definitely think if you can avoid a RCT it would be better, but your dentist will advise you which route is most suitable. I'm keeping fingers, toes and eyes crossed your tooth settles and the crown sorts things out.

I love seeing your photos, it's impossible for their ever to be too many bling, pets or happy faces, keep them coming please. :D

I totally agree, it's fun being away, but I always look forward to coming home.

Your exercising is putting me to shame @Scandinavian. I used to train with the UK & European undefeated over 70kg kickboxing champion until I wrecked my knee. I keep telling myself I need to do more exercise before my middle age spread, spreads even further! But then I'm healthy and happy and push the thoughts away :lol:

That Snoopy is a naughty dog making you spend money @marcy , do you think that defence will hold up in court? The dog made me do it your honour :lol:

Wow you certainly got some great preloved buys @Jimmianne , always feels great to get a bargain and have something different and unusual.

:wavey: @rainwood hope all is well with you.

Off to stir my big pot of French onion soup, have a good day ladies :wavey:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey peeps, @PierreBear it’s hard when friends have kids and you don’t. I do have kids and I admit that I don’t spend as much time with ANY friends (kid or no kid) because being a parent is exhausting, mentally, emotionally and physically. And mine are already 12 and almost 15. My text buddies and my running buddies know that I’m most worried about college for my teen and my everything for my younger one. I stayed up until 1:15 am last night cause my younger one wanted me to help her study the role that the church played in medieval Western Europe. Luckily I had coffee at 10pm which I never do, and I was talking really loudly and energetically to keep her awake, while she freaked out every time I told her to go to sleep saying she had to keep studying. Weird dynamic. She gets angry when I tell her to sleep but she refuses to go to bed and can barely stop the head-bob.

So my day at work started late cause I couldn’t get up and now I have to look up the tutoring place where my son can get SAT prep tutoring. See how my brain is constantly occupied, and really not by my $hit but all theirs. Never mind work... (I work full time and I focus on high net worth, since you asked before.) I do not have room in my head for any more stuff. So people with kids? That’s just one out of a million things on their minds. Or......I can be all wrong and maybe most parents can juggle a zillion things and be nice and balanced and give time to everyone in their lives. I admit. I suck at it. I am all or nothing. And right now my “all” goes to my kids. And all my friendships have suffered.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will continue and say that I am naturally an introvert so I don’t have a lot of friends to begin with. I am taking a trip soon, all by myself to hang out with friends and I am sooooooo looking forward to it. I am living for the day I leave. I am he type that needs to be physically removed from a place to stop worrying. So me Being 3000 miles away from my kids will allow me to let go. So back to changing phases of life and friends not reaching out or responding, my advice is get some new friends! Not to disparage the friends you have now, but those relationships have changed and are changing. Not bad or good, but it’s just life. There are super awesome no-kid friends out there and go meet them and enjoy your life and make it rich. Love that you are doing cooking classes. So awesome. Your life sounds like a movie to me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results