shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

P

PierreBear

Good morning ladies! Today is national night out for us, where we all gather as a community and meet neighbors. I casually mentioned to our neighbors we will be outside our house with some drinks and snacks. Hopefully we will spend some time with them and the weather will cooperate. I need to clear the air with one neighbor too… he might have walked in on me in my “leisure apparel” or “lack of apparel.” Ahhh why don’t I ever learn this lesson since this isn’t the first time it happened…. but our house is modern so the front door is entirely made of glass like a store front of a commercial building and only part of it is frosted. Essentially when you are ringing the door bell or knock, you can see into the living room. I might have been lounging on my yoga matt with just my underwear on because I was foam rolling out my legs after the 100 mile bike ride. I take off my shorts since it gets caught in the roller! I have a reason! Anyhow, it’s just a bit embarrassing for the both of us since he was just dropping off mail that accidentally got delivered to his house. We already joked about it and I’m not worried at all since he has a boyfriend and isn’t interested in women. But I’ll try to clear the air again. Hahaha…

Hope ya’ll have a wonderful Tuesday!

@Scandinavian – Yes, good reminder that children do vary. You are a wise mom! Hope the construction is going well on your end. Any fun progress pictures to show?

Ohh man… I’m terrible with themed parties and actually did a quick pinterest search to see roaring 20s dress. Found an ensemble for you to put together. I think it’s plenty sexy. : ) What is your DH going to wear? Kids dressing up too?

12e2dcdfe15a7d4619efb0816c5384e7.jpg

@Austina – Thanks for the commentary about friends. I don’t think it’s a behavior issue yet since he’s not even 2 yet? Just lack of attention span and wants to move move move! I would definitely opt for a meal without kids just so the parents can take a break. Not a bad mom at all, just one that needs a reward from time to time!

@missy – Yes, another vote for no veneers! Hope you and Greg are doing well. How is the pigmented issue coming along. No more spreading? Has it receded?

Awww thanks for sharing that story about how you and Greg met! Following you around locations. Taking allergy shots for the cats! Ya’ll have such a wonderful marriage.

@marcy – Oh interesting that Marty has multiple wedding bands? I might have to get DH a new one as it’s so loose in the winter time but he’s sentimental. When Marty builds muscles does he still have to eat “good calories?” I remember talking to a trainer and he was eating fried chicken to put on mass. I was a bit surprised but he was a huge guy who used to be a marine. I wish I could eat bad things to look good but it doesn’t work that way for me!

What a wonderful birthday cake. Looks like those are fall colored leaf sprinkles? How fun! Is that a picture of your car on the cake? Enjoy!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

We're at the airport hotel. Already in our jammies and having a cup of decaf tea :lol:

Woke up today not feeling great, lack of sleep and feeling stressy, but I'm ok now. Dropped Dottie off with the sitter, and she ran straight in, so we know she doesn't hate it.

Wow @missy, what a view! Thank you for sharing your how you met story, so romantic, when you know, you know! Colin says the moment he saw me, he told his friend I was the girl he was going to marry :mrgreen:

Not too long to wait for your appointments, just don't eat any nuts or anything really hard, and you should be fine. I can't tell you the number of patients who cracked teeth on muesli!

@PierreBear DS's front doors were clear glass, so I suggested he get some film to put on them. It still lets in the light, but gives you privacy. Might be worth a look so you don't get caught in your undies again.:D I think he got it on Amazon, it's very easy to apply.

I hope the snow isn't causing you any problems @marcy Do you have AWD or 4 wheel drive? We have AWD but fortunately rarely need it here. Please take care, a lot of people just don't know how to drive in bad weather. One time when we arrived in Austin, it was snowing. We got a cab and the driver was from NY and said most of the other drivers had gone home because they just didn't know how to drive in snow!

Hope all the NIRDI's are well.

I'll see you on the other side tomorrow :wavey: Take care all

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, I love the “where you go, I go” sign. It is perfect. I sent a picture of my car cake to our salesman; he thought it was funny. Those scalloped potatoes are really good. I’ve never made them but whenever that friend of mine comes over for dinner; that is what I request she brings. Marty keeps asking me to do some strength training; I suppose I should listen to him. I know it would help me too. It would be nice to just be naturally strong. That’s nice Greg switches out bands. he’s a true PS husband. The snow was all melted this morning. It’s still chilly though. Your replacement ice cream place looks like it has good ice cream. Cute advertisement of the ride for animals. As always, I love the photo of the beach. I swear when I win the lottery a house on the beach is my first purchase.

PierreBear, I hope you had fun meeting with your neighbors tonight. Awe, those awkward moments that happen by accident. Oops. We have a side light on our door and that was one of the first things I covered up when we moved in here. I’m the paranoid type though. I like what you found for the 20’s dress. Marty has 3 bands. The band we got for him when we got married, another band we bought about 10 years ago and then he got a new one last year. Marty is eating 4000 calories right now mostly protein and some carbs. He doesn’t steer away from fats but usually doesn’t go for breaded food. He still will eat a few of my chocolate chip cookies though. I can put on 10 pounds walking by a cookie. Yes, that is a picture of my car on the cake.

Austina, I hope you slept well at the hotel by the airport. That is so cute Dottie was excited to go to the sitters; that is a very good sign. Have a safe trip and a wonderful time on your vacation. The snow wasn’t a problem. My car is all wheel drive and does great in snow and ice. That is not surprising about the taxis in Texas. My BIL is from Colorado and they lived in Texas for about 6 years and it snowed one time; only about 1/2 inch and my BIL was the only person who showed up at work that day and he said if anyone was on the road they were sliding all over the place.

Junebug, I hope things are going well for you.

I haven’t told any employee stories lately but one of my "smartest kid in the room" pushed the wrong button today. We work ahead to get things done and each person takes 2 days at a time. Part of our procedures are you get done in time so you can pull reports the day before your stuff gets checked to review everything for errors. I have them tell me when they’ve reviewed their reports so if they missed something that I found; then I can have them fix it. So this employee sends me an email saying they’d reviewed their days. I go check and they had fixed all their issues except document a discrepancy. So I respond to the email asking if she noticed the discrepancy on the 7th. I don’t hear back from her for about 30 minutes and when I do her first sentence is all about how that was an update and someone did it wrong. Then she said she documented the discrepancy. This employee is always finger pointing and deflecting so I responded “I asked you if you found the discrepancy. If you did find it then why wasn’t it documented? Since it is now documented I know you found it.” Then I added - “I didn’t want or need the information highlighted in yellow below” and I highlighted her deflection sentence. That drives me CRAZY. She always has to have an excuse why it’s not her fault.

And employee story part 2 - the other employee who thinks they are the smartest kid in the class had an error that my boss’s boss had to fix before we got in today. Joy! At least she generally admits she makes mistakes.

Maybe the above is why I had a peach margarita today.

Have a great evening.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Marcy LOL on your "smartest" employees. With top employees like them you don't need "less than smart" employees.:P2 I'd like to join you in that peach margarita please. Yummm.
Until you do win the lottery my home is your home so keep that in mind.:sun:
Glad your snow is all melted now. Yes Greg is a true PS dh right down to wanting me to get whatever upgrade I want. He is a dear. Now we just need to start playing the lottery so we can win and I can get the upgrade of my wildest dreams.:whistle:

Austina hope you had a good flight and that you wake up this AM feeling much better. Glad Dottie ran right in to her sitter. No she doesn't hate you guys at all. This is a vacation for her too! Enjoy your vacation with the family and have fun! Cannot wait to hear all about it. Aww so sweet about Colin saying he knew right away you were the one for him. :kiss2:

Junie thinking of you and hoping things are going smoothly. Hoping you are one closing down and closer to the last closing you will have to do for a long while. Fingers crossed.

PierreBear I hope you and your dh enjoyed the "national night out" with your neighbors last night. And here's another vote for something to give you privacy over your front door. We have a dutch door at the beach house and I love it. It's from the 20s and it is super cool. IDK if we are getting rid of it when we redo the kitchen because I think Greg wants to since it is much more narrow than a normal door but I adore it. This way we have to keep in shape too hahahaha.

I have ongoing health issues affecting the cycling including the PPPD (and a few unmentionables but you kwim lol) but dousing my legs in water every 10 minutes or so depending on how fast it evaporates definitely is helping. And not letting it stop me. Holding strong fingers crossed and thank you for asking.

Any updates re window replacement?

We had a lovely cycling day yesterday. Another picture perfect day. It is getting a bit warmer as the week progresses but still lovely. I took beach videos but no photos sorry girls. I got caught up in the waves and the roar of the ocean and forgot to take still pics. I did however take 2 pics of the ice cream break during our cycling yesterday and will brighten up this post with those photos.

wafflesandicecream.jpg

wafflesandicecreamoctober2017.jpg

Enjoy this Wednesday ladies and see you soon.:wavey:

P

PierreBear

National Night Out was a bust due to the rain. The neighbors were scared off but by the time we were actually sitting in our front yard, it wasn’t raining. DH and I were out there with a cooler of drinks and my homemade oatmeal cream cookies (sorry forgot to take a photo) all by ourselves. Enjoyed the sunset together so it was still wonderful. By the way, the recipe I followed was the below. These always turn out great and people enjoy it so I just wanted to share.

https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2013/01/19/homemade-little-debbie-oatmeal-creme-pies/

Thank you all for the window tips. We actually did frost our front door together. Whew, what a project that called for coordination. We have some side windows though and opted not to frost those so it still makes that area look open. I think we are going to keep it as is and I’ll just be more mindful of when it’s leisure time and when it’s not!

Today was baking class and forgive me that I didn’t take a photo. We made a bombe so it takes two class days to complete. Below is an example of a bombe but not the one we are going to make.
982689135281d32cbc065bc8215b0fc7.jpg

Essentially you take a rounded bowl and first fill it with a layer of ice cream (ours was coffee), then you let that freeze (in class there is a blast freezer so it’s quick) and harden, then you layer in the bombe mixture (praline flavor), freeze again, and then lastly on the bottom will be a layer of chocolate sponge cake. You will unmold it so it will be the shape of the round bowl but cutting into it there are different layers. Wish I could share with all you beautiful ladies!

@Austina – Have fun and hope you are feeling better!

@marcy – Lucky Marty has 3 bands. Does that mean you get 3 e-rings to interchange? Hehehehe : )

@missy – Keep on cycling my friend! The window people are coming this Saturday. I’m glad something is scheduled where I don’t have to make arrangements to take time off work. Then again, it’s on the weekend so we can’t do our usual routine where we run with our friends at the track. It will be nice to just get it over with though but hopefully the end result is Jeldwin will replace windows for free. One can hope!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, I am sorry your are having ongoing health issues. Hopefully relaxing and enjoying your vacation will help lesson those pesky issues bothering our Missy. Big hugs to you! Definitely join me in having a peach margarita. I sure like them. I did have a peach this morning but just straight; not blended with tequila. Greg is a sweetie to you and it's wonderful he is okay with you upgrading to anything you want. I know he collects watches as well. I am so glad you had a picture perfect day and a lovely ride (and ice cream). You deserve many more perfect days like today.

PierreBear, your cake looks delicious. Sorry to hear your neighborhood night out was a bust. Ours seems to have either rain, wind or smoke. Marty always spends a lot of time there because he sets up our big tent for the food line. That would bother me to have any open windows that you could see in to the house. One of my sisters lives in the country and they never close their living room or kitchen drapes. I always ask her what if someone is out there looking in and they just laugh at me. There isn't a neighbor for miles. I am not short wedding bands either. I have 4 of them I swap around. I could wear my EC as an ering if I wanted to and have a sapphire I could wear with my sapphire wedding band. It's nice to have options.

Not much going on today. Work was another you can't make this stuff up day. I cursed frequently under my breathe and just laughed. Not much else I can do.

Our friend picked up the RV this afternoon so hopefully I get a call from them to go settle up on our side and I'm FREE. Yippee.

A friend of mine came over tonight and picked up supper for us. We played cribbage for a while. I was going to bake us a pan of gingerbread but she said she'd rather have wine than dessert. So I had ice cream and she had wine. That worked.

Have a great day.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Marcy woohoo to being free of the RV! Nice job.:appl:
Sorry work was frustrating and hope it goes more smoothly today. Just remember you are closer to retiring than not retiring.:sun:

Glad you enjoyed your friend's visit last night and played cribbage. Haha I am with you. I'd take the ice cream over the wine but I think you probably would have guessed that.:cheeky: Though I would have enjoyed your gingerbread with the ice cream...just saying.:halo:

No worries about me. I am like the energizer bunny...I keep going. I won't let this health stuff keep me down. Hey remember we rode 4300 miles the year after I broke my leg. :!: Which brings me to the 2000 number I am sharing with you ladies. Yesterday we broke 2000 miles on Terrari woohoo.

2000milesterrarioctober2017.jpg

We have something like 700 miles cycled on Calfee from the end of May and June this year from before we bought Terrari this summer so we are still not at the 3000 mile mark because we did have a very slow start this season (and I am not sure we will get to that 3000 mile marker this year but we will see). However I still feel a sense of accomplishment despite not cycling as many miles this year as we had lots of challenges. The key is we kept persevering and we are doing the best we can. And that is enough for me.8-)

I have so much gratitude that I have all of you in my life cheering me on all the time and supporting me the whole way. Big (((HUGS))).:kiss2:

PierreBear sorry your National night out with neighbors was a bust but I prefer the way you actually got to spend the evening. Enjoying the company of your dh and the sunset with yummy oatmeal cookies. That cake photo looks amazing. I never had bombe. Will look up what that is actually. But sounds like what the kids used to say is the "bomb". Haha I remember when I was at West Point during my residency and then appointment as clinical staff. The cadets said I was "the bomb". I hope that was something good. LOL.

Yay to getting your windows replaced this Saturday. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

So yesterday we enjoyed another beautiful cycling day and when we stopped at the new Ice Cream place the young man there gave me my ice cream for free! He said since we are loyal customers (haha this was only our 3rd visit there but I said to Greg 3 visits from us feels like a lifetime :lol-2: LOL) my ice cream is on the house.8) Lovely.

freeicecream.jpg

Yesterday was supposed to be the one and only day of
fixing Greg's electrical to the shed however the electrician workmen were unable to finish the job and are coming back today. Digging was slowed down by lots of rocks and stuff so despite getting here at 9AM yesterday they were still not done at 4:30 PM. They are due here at 9AM today and hopefully it can be successfully completed today. My poor grass and flowers. Sigh.

electricalline.jpg

Yesterday while we were riding I received a call on my mobile from the dentist's office and they had a cancellation for me today at 11:30 AM. So I am going in today for the beginning of the crown work. I am nervous but thankful they were able to move me up a week because I just want to get this process started so I can finish it sooner rather than later. Fingers crossed it goes smoothly.

Supposed to hit mid 80s here today. Summer is back.:cool2:

Junie thinking more good thoughts for you honey. And (((hugs))).

Have a great day girls and maybe I will check in with you later if I can. (((Hugs))).

P

PierreBear

Good morning! Yesterday, DH talked me into participating in one of the work events as if laser tag last week wasn’t enough. It was at Top Golf, which is close to the gym that I go to so I said I’ll stop by. They had a pro golfer provide tips as they have an upcoming golf tournament. Did my best hitting golf balls and got the “most improved” comment from the instructor. Haha… pays off to be a beginner! Not my favorite thing to do but glad to meet some more of DH’s coworkers. I spent some of the evening hitting balls but more of my time enjoying a salad that I didn’t have to make for myself. Got a few mosquito bites though….. come on fall/winter!!

Hope the rest of the ladies are doing well!

@marcy – I don’t want to make you cringe but we have drapes in only 1 room the house. It’s the office area and so sometimes it’s easier to see the screen better not to have the glare. Just prefer the cleaner look and wonder if we will make some changes as more houses get built up around us. I also like waking up to the sun light. Feels like the natural way to wake up for me. One time my mom came to visit from overseas and she never told me directly but the joke was that she needed sunglasses in the guest bedroom because it was so bright. Whoops!

YAYAYAY congrats on selling the RV. I’m glad you have extra wedding bands to swap out. I enjoy variety as well!

Good idea on picking ice cream over wine. I would have done the same.

@missy – 2,000 miles! Way to go! I think the free ice cream was a fun way to celebrate the day as well!

Bummer… on the grass and flowers being impacted due to the electrical work. Well at least it will be fall/winter soon so in that season where everything looks a bit sad in general. Come spring time, things will grow again and blend in. Nature is amazing!

Good luck with the crown work! Hope it feels better soon.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Missy, I'm glad there was an opening at the dentist, much better to just get it over with. Sending good thoughts all goes well. The amount you've cycled this year is an accomplishment even if you don't reach your goal, that's a lot of miles! I'm so glad the weather has been good at the shore for you. Love the ice cream pics, very yummy, and so nice yours was on the house. Fingers crossed the electrical work can be finished up today, looks like a big job. Thanks for your support with all of this house stuff!

Marcy, sorry work continues to be such a source of stress for you. Great news about the RV, I'm so glad the situation has been resolved for the most part. Glad you had a nice time with your friends on Sunday, and thanks for the scalloped potatoes recipe, sounds delicious and I'm going to try it. Sorry Marty has had to leave for another trip so soon, hopefully the time will go quickly. Love the birthday cake for your car, so cute! And a great excuse to eat cake haha. Glad the snow melted and I hope you don't get any more for a while.

Sharon, oh no to snow, it's too early! I hope it's all melted by now.

PierreBear, congrats on completing the race, and then doing a 2 mile run, that is fantastic! Glad you felt ok afterwards and feel ready for the November race. I'll bet your bombe was fabulous, the one you posted looks delicious. How cool that the kitchen has The tree you planted is beautiful, I hope it flourishes for you. Too bad your community night didn't work out but at least you had a nice evening with your dh.

As for getting together with friends with young children - I would just check with the parents and see what they would prefer. I'm thinking back to the days when my kids were young and it was easier on me if people stopped by to visit, although that said sometimes it was nice to get out of the house lol. Maybe you could tell friends the dinner at your place will be very casual, like pizza or finger foods and not a formal sit-down dinner, so that it's more like she's dropping by - that way not as much pressure on the mom to try to get her antsy toddler to sit still for a stretch of time - that's what was easiest for me as a young mom anyway.

Scandi, hopefully you've finished up packing up the kitchen by now, and I hope things are going smoothly for you - well, as smoothly as possible, I know you have a lot going on right now! Love the roaring 20's Christmas party, what a great idea!

Austina, sounds like your trip is off to a great start, have a wonderful time! So glad Dottie seemed happy when you left, that definitely makes things easier.

Thank you everyone for your good thoughts about my real estate wheeling and dealing lol - the closing for the condo went ok, although they couldn't give me the keys because the title company didn't get a document from the seller on time, grrr. Got them on Tuesday and my brother is painting the place. He was a little bummed because the place was kind of dingy but I assured him a fresh coat of paint does wonders - he didn't believe me at first but now that he's gotten started he is agreeing with me, and feeling better. Unfortunately the closing on my mother's house is delayed several weeks, which gives my brother more time to move in but is also dragging things out, would like to be done with this. Such is life I guess and I'll just keep chugging along. I'm sure you guys will be glad when this is done, you're probably so sick of hearing about it lol! Unfortunately it's really all I have to talk about these days :cry2:

Hope everyone has a good day!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh JuneB--I feel ya! I see forward movement in your situation--but we all feel the same...just want it to be done!!! The snow has melted and it will be 20 C tomorrow. lol Such is our weather.

Hope to get in another ride tomorrow while the sun shines. It is our Canadian TG this weekend--but my son is working so we will not go out of town to visit family cuz he couldn't come. I wouldn't feel very thankful leaving him behind. I cooked a turkey and trimmings last weekend, but we will go out to our favorite place this Sunday for dinner. Their Thanksgiving menu is a gorgeous feast!

Hope your trip Austina is good.

PierreB keep up the good work! Your bombe will be the bomb!

bubye to the RV Marcy--congrats!

Hope your dental repair isn't too painful Missy. Take care.

Shout out to the rest !:wavey:

cheers--Sharon

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

:???: Woke up this morning to the possibility of a hurricane which wasn't great news. Looks like it won't hit us. DS even booked us flights yesterday, just in case we had to leave, and when we spoke to him this morning, they weren't going to come.

We arrived yesterday, picked up the car, I couldn't get my Google maps to work, but Colin had printed off the directions so we found the house pretty easily. Unfortunately, the code they gave us, didn't work, and we had a panic that we'd been duped. I rang DS and he got hold of the company, and they sent someone out to let us in.

The house is lovely, and although it was raining this morning, we were in the pool and hot tub this afternoon. The forecast is for rain for a couple of days, but there are lots of indoor rides, so it shouldn't spoil our fun too much.

What a shame about the weather spoiling your neighbourhood get together @PierreBear. I don't know how you can sleep with no blinds or curtains, I need it to be pitch black :lol: The bombe sounds lovely, years ago I used to make baked Alaska, a similar thing to your bombe. Yay to the windows being replaced on Saturday.

Hopefully your mother's house will close without any problems @junebug17
then all the stress will be behind you.

:love: the pups are too cute @Scandinavian

Happy TG this weekend @canuk-gal going out sounds a lot less work than having to cook another big meal, enjoy.

Yay to the RV being gone @marcy what a relief! Sorry you're still having problems with your know-it-all staff.

Well done on all those miles @missy, no wonder you're so slim. I'm sorry you're still having other health issues, no fun being a woman at times. Hopefully the dental appt went well today,

I'm sorry if I've missed anything, I'm absolutely zonked, I slept 4 hours last night, but hopefully, I'll sleep better tonight and catch up on some much needed rest.

Take care all :wavey:

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
I love love love puppy paws! Does anyone else reach out to the computer screen and "bop" dogs' noses? They are such terrific dogs, Scandi!

Sorry I haven't been posting but am sending out warm wishes to all.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, there are truly days I consider retiring NOW. At this point in time I’m just adding a few bucks to my measly 401K. Warm gingerbread with ice cream would be fabulous! I’d take that over wine any day. Yes, I do remember you did a tremendous amount of miles the year after your broke your ankle. You are the energizer bunny. That is really cool you’ve done 2000 miles on your tandem trike this summer. You have had a challenging time this summer and you are closing in on 3000 miles. That is awesome. We are definitely her for you and cheering you on. You are the bomb getting free ice cream after 3 visits. I like it. I hope they got the electrical work done together. Good deal the dentist got you in today and hopefully all went well with the prep for getting your crown. Enjoy your warm weather.

PierreBear, you were the star pupil at Top Golf! I think they have one of those in Phoenix and Marty and his team used to go there for fun. It sounds familiar anyway. Darn those pesky mosquito bikes. I had a bunch on my legs one time and I really welt up from bites. I had mixed up some baking soda paste to put on them because it pulls some of the stuff out and helps with the itching. I hadn’t planned on going anywhere that night and some friends of mine called me to come have a drink with them at a bar. I headed downtown and I’m walking across the dance floor to get to there table and I swear everyone on that side of the bar was staring at me. I get to my friends and one of them says “what the h*ll is all over your legs?” Oops! When we moved in to our last house Marty had to go out of town for guard drill that weekend and I made him put sheets up on all the windows before he left. Our bedroom has blackout woven shades covered by curtains with blackout lining. Our bedroom is pitch black and I love it because I can sleep in. Before even the tiniest light coming in from sunshine would wake me up. I never slept in my entire life until the last few years when I managed to get a dark bedroom. Speaking of bands how is your ring coming along?

Junebug, you are more than welcome to talk about what you are going through with your mom’s house and getting your brother moved to his new condo. I keep you in my thoughts, kind of knowing what you are going through. I hate to hear the closing on the house is delayed a few weeks. Hopefully that all goes smoothly. I am sure you are looking forward to getting everything done. It is amazing what fresh paint can do to a place. It brightens it up and makes it fresh and new. Even little things like changing out lighting and medicine cabinets can spruce up a place.

Sharon, i like the quick storms in the fall and spring that melt quickly. Happy Thanksgiving this weekend. It sounds like the place you go to for dinner puts out quite a feast. I agree with you staying there to spend the day with your son feels more like a celebration than going out of town without him. I hope you get in a lovely ride tomorrow.

Scandi, great pictures of F & T. I can tell they lead a pretty content life. Sweet.

Austina, oh no your son isn’t going to meet you guys. Right now they are saying Nate might be a cat 1 hurricane. I hope not and that it doesn’t impact your trip. The same thing happened at the place we rent in South Carolina last summer. The code didn’t work to get in and we couldn’t get anyone to answer the phone. They finally showed up and all was good. That’s nice your got to get in the pool and hot tub. I am the WORST at reading maps. If I am driving I look up directions online, print them out, put them in my phone and find that destination in my nav system. Not Marty. He waits until we are almost there and wants me to look up something. I can’t read a map to save my life. Probably the most tense moments we ever have between us.

Hi SpringerSpaniel. How are you?

I made a BLT for supper with one of the big tomatoes from my BIL’s garden. My dessert was my last peach.

I ran out to the RV dealer after work tonight to see what I have to do to settle up and get this RV deal done and over it. They were already closed. Darn. I drove there as fast as I could. Really. I'll call him in the morning. I tried to cancel the insurance on it tonight online but it said I have to notify my agent. Our friend posted a picture of his new “home” on FB. I was going to comment “sucker”. But I didn’t.

Marty gets back to Denver tomorrow night and is spending the night at his sister's. He is helping her move Saturday then she, Marty and I are meeting for dinner. It's Marty's birthday that day. I think I'll buy him the new 4K Apple TV. I want it but it looks good buying it as a present. He is probably going to get the new Apple watch when they are available.

The toll road in Colorado quit reading our old tracker so we've been getting bills in the mail. I tried to pay it last night 4 times and every time after I hit submit it went to an error message page. I tried it in Safari, in Firefox, on my iPad and on our Big Mac. Tonight I log in to our checking account and you guessed it - there were 4 charges there. Good thing they aren't a ton of money. I called them and they said when the payments come through they’ll credit our account.

Tomorrow is Friday! Yay.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
32A5596D-9824-402C-B71D-B026265C6768.jpeg Some cool clouds this morning. The one in the middle looks like a rabbit.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wascawy wabbit!!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Marcy so glad Marty is returning home soon and happy birthday to him. What a great brother to help his sister to move on his birthday. Yumm to gingerbread and ice cream. Party at Marcy's house woohoo! The 4K Apple TV is a great gift. I think we are going to upgrade to a good TV one day and the TVs we have now are over 7 years old at the beach and the TVs in Brooklyn are over 12 years old. LOL time for new TVs I think.

Reading maps on trips were probably the most challenging arguments Greg and I ever had during the beginning of our relationship. Luckily after a few trips under our belts together he got the fact that I cannot read maps to save our lives. Period. And no amount of arguing would magically allow me to understand how to read them.:lol:

Thanks for sending me healing teeth wishes.

Hahaha that cloud does look like a bunny. So sweet. I love clouds and in general they remind me of cotton candy mmm mmm good though I probably shouldn't be dreaming of cotton candy given the teeth mess I am in LOL and Oy.

LOL writing "sucker" on FB...your friend probably wouldn't have appreciated that Marcy and glad you resisted that urge.
Sorry you missed the RV dealer. Hope you catch up with them today. By the way woohoo it's Friday!

Yes that has happened to me before. You hit submit it says error and you hit it again and maybe again. Then the next day or hour it shows it went through all those times. Ahhh technology. What a joy and a hell all often at the same time.:P2 (Sort of like our men:lol-2:).

When you do retire Marcy (then every day will be Friday afternoon and the weekend) I am here for you. Just saying.:whistle::appl:8-)

Austina oh no to Nasty Nate. I hope your DS and his girlfriend decide to join you but in any case I hope you and your dh enjoy your vacation despite any weather issues. And hoping hard that Nate stays far far away from all of us. Fingers crossed.
Sending good weather vibes your way. Thanks for the good luck on my dental appointment yesterday.

Junie glad the first closing is over hiccups and all and hoping the closing on your mom's house happens soon. I hear you on wanting to get it over with as that is always a priority with me as well. Once we are doing something we aren't looking forward to I just want to finish it and be free of it. So you know I feel you. Sending lots more good wishes and thoughts your way. Thank you so much for all your support and hugs.

Please never hesitate sharing whatever you want to here with us. OMG I am always venting and sharing the super boring with you guys and it helps me feel lighter somehow so if it helps you too go for it and do not worry you are boring us please. Heck if anyone doesn't isn't interested they can just skip what we are writing. You are among friends here. (((HUGS))).

PierreBear sweetie thank you for all your good wishes and right back at ya. I loved the root joke hahaha. Good for you participating in dh's events. Greg and I enjoy miniature golf but have never played real golf. I thought we might like regular golf but according to Callie and a few others we might find it boring so maybe not. Maybe miniature golf is the golf for us. I love the adorable miniature golf courses. Good luck tomorrow with the windows.

Sharon happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy the sun and the weather warm up. Thanks for your good wishes about my teeth.

Scandi love the sweet photos of F and T. Hugs to them both and you too.

Hi SpringerSpaniel:wavey:

For all of you who so kindly and generously wished me good luck yesterday offline and on here is my followup. And for those of you I already talked with please feel free to skip. Painful if you have to read it once let alone hear it twice.:oops2:

So I went to the dentist yesterday and unfortunately she found lots of decay under the filling (that was my main concern) and she cannot tell if it is affecting the nerve. Only time will tell that so she put in a temporary crown and when the permanent crown comes in she will put it in with a temporary hold so if the root does need to be severed they can pop the crown right off and cut the nerve and I guess reuse the crown.

These crowns are expensive (and honestly the only crown I want to be spending thousands for are a tiara crown lol) so don't want to waste all that time and money if the root canal has to happen. Oh well. The worst part of this for me is the waiting. Because if the nerve will be dying it always happens on a Friday after hours where the following Monday is a holiday so I end up being in pain for days and days till I can see the endodontist and get the root canal. Fingers crossed I don't need a root canal however. :pray:

Today we are heading out for a bike ride and it looks like Nate is coming here as well as rain is predicted all week next week. But if that is the worst of it we will take it! And truth be told if we just get rain that would be absolutely fine with me and we can use a cycling break. No need to push ourselves through if we aren't enjoying it and day after day after day is no longer the thrill it used to be. Or perhaps I am just becoming less competitive with myself. I no longer have the drive to beat my numbers and I am just enjoying riding when we do. Hey am I finally becoming an adult? :lol:

I finally took a few still photos for you lovely ladies. October at the Jersey shore. Idyllic and peaceful and hopefully despite some rain it will stay that way. Hurricanes need not apply.
Wish we could share videos here but this will have to do.

beachdayavonoctober2017.jpg

beachdayoctober2017.jpeg

beachdayoctober2017.jpg

The leaves are already changing colors. So pretty this time of year.

Have a great Friday girls. See you soon.
:sun:

P

PierreBear

HAPPY FRIDAY! We made it! Did a quick run in the neighborhood this morning. Everyone is decorating their homes already for Halloween. We never do any decorations but we decided yesterday to have DH’s coworkers over for Halloween bbq event and it made me wonder if I should at least put some of those spider webs up. Seems to stay up even in the rain too. Do any of ya’ll get into decorations?

Just wanted to say hello hello! Enjoy the weekend and take good care, ladies!

@junebug17 – Good idea on the fresh coat of paint. I agree it does wonders as well! Sorry to hear about the closing delay though. What a bummer but know that the end is in sight!

@canuk-gal – Thanks for the baking encouragement. Made several mistakes in class last week but sometimes you just don’t tell the instructor and keep on going and hope that the product still looks/tastes the same. Hahaha… one time it worked out but the other time the vanilla base got too hot and the eggs essentially scrambled even though we tempered it. Ooppsss

Hope the Thanksgiving meal goes well. Sounds delicious!

@Scandinavian – Hello puppies! They are just the best of buds!

@Austina – Glad ya’ll made it safely and the house is comfortable. Enjoy the indoor rides and hopefully the rain will cool the weather down but not stop the fun. Can’t wait to hear about the adventures!!! Hope you are feeling more rested now.

@marcy – haha pretty funny story about you forgetting to wipe down your mosquito treatment before going out to the bars. Maybe I should do that so at least they are looking at white spots instead of noticing that I forgot to shave or something. : )

Thanks for asking about the ring. Adam has found a manufacturer for the French cuts. He had to order them in bulk though so he said he will be using them for their stock rings. Very kind of Adam to do that and hope that it benefits OWD as well. Still unsure about the setting creation process but I think Adam might just be waiting for the French stones to be made before that part starts to pick up. I honestly have stopped thinking about the ring, which is a good thing sometimes. Go through phases of excitement, nervous, forget, anxious, excited… repeat! : )

Wow those clouds are beautiful! Even the killer rabbit cloud.

@springerspaniel – Hello! Paws are adorable.

@missy – Enjoy your bike ride and stay safe! Hope you watch a fun movie if you get rained out with Nate. Beautiful beach photos!

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Hi NIRDIs,

On the downhill slope in finishing this work project. Fingers crossed for Monday - I miss you all and catching up with what everyone's doing.

Missy and Marcy - love the blue sky photos. Scandi, those dogs are way too cute!

Austina- for US driving, Waze is fantastic- much better than google maps. We swear by it.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

The sun is out, and DS and g/f are on their way to the airport :appl:

Had a better night last night so don't feel quite the zombie today.

We've just had a sandwich and are going to be heading out to the pool soon.

Loving the photos, I can't see a rabbit in the clouds but I can see a poodle :lol:

Sorry about the tooth @missy, you felt there was something not right there, didn't you? Hopefully the dentist has caught it in time and staved off the need for a RCT.

I love seeing your Springy's schnozz @springerspaniel :D

Hi @jaaron thanks for the tip about Waze, I'll look into it, although Google maps is working fine now :roll2:. Hope your work project is all done on Monday.

How exciting about the ring @PierreBear hopefully not too long to wait now.

Halloween isn't something we celebrate here, but when we were at DS's last year, lots of houses had gone all out with the decorations.

:lol:at buying Marty something you want for his birthday @marcy sounds like a good plan. Well done on showing such restraint to the RV sucker :mrgreen:. There are tons of toll roads here, we prepaid for the easy pass otherwise we'd be out of dollar bills by now :eek2:

Hi @Calliecake and @azstonie Hope all is well with you both.

Hitting the MGM studio tomorrow, so will report back then :D

Happy Friday and have a great weekend. :wavey:

P

PierreBear

Quick post and wanted to send the good news - my coworker who had the kidney stone surgery is doing well. Just minor side effects from the medicine. She emailed and said that the DR removed 60 stones!! There are some still deep within the kidney tissue/muscle that had to be left there. But OMG... 60 stones?! Yikes! Thanks again for all the well wishes/prayers/PS dust!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will be back later, but that is great news about your friend PB, so glad she's doing well :appl:

Austina, that pool is so inviting! Enjoy, you lucky girl!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Callie and Kristie, only I would see a rabbit in the clouds.

Missy, I need to make Marty some obnoxious birthday card. His rabbits usually make one for me. I like the idea of getting him the Apple TV. Ha! There is certainly a wide range of TV’s out there. All of ours are Samsung. The one in our den now is 3D but we might have watched two 3D movies since we bought it. Sounds like you and I have the same map reading skills too. I tell Marty all the time when he’s getting agitated “I never said I could read maps”. Glad they got your tooth fixed up with a temp crown; hopefully the crown stops any more decay but that is pretty clever they can have a crown with a hole to use for a root canal. Hopefully it never comes to that but a nice option if they do. Beautiful beach photos. It looks like you will end up with some rain from Nate. It’s not too organized right now but has a lot of moisture. Enjoy getting some more miles in until the rain comes.

PierreBear, I haven’t seen many Halloween decorations up yet. I put out a little Snoopy Halloween ornament. I don’t know if I’ll get candy to hand out this year. Last year a giant bowl was gone in a flash and there are a lot more kids in the neighborhood now. I’ll probably get some though. I am sure my legs with white spots was quite a sight. I love French cuts; I can’t wait to see what you come up with. I get the cycle of thoughts and emotions thinking about your ring. I’m not happy right now how much money I have to go fork over tomorrow to pay off our RV. I’m in a serious save money mode now (and need to be so for a long time). I am glad your friend is recovering okay; that is a lot of stones.

Jaaron, good luck finishing your work project.

Austina, good deal the sun it out today. Glad you got some sleep. Good idea to get the pass for the toll roads. I hope MGM studio was fun. Cool looking pool.

Junebug, I hope you relax this weekend.

I called the RV dealer about 11:30 today. He said “I was going to call you today”. Sure you were. They haven’t done a thing about paying off our RV loan. He had the loan holder info but wants me to bring it tomorrow. I plan on putting that monthly payment back in my tiny savings account. I cancelled the insurance on it tonight. Progress.

I am working on laundry tonight since I know I’ll have a stack to do for Marty tomorrow. It’s going to be a strange weekend. I’ll go pay off the RV and then drop off a check at the mortuary for the pine blanket I have them put on my parents grave every year. They decorate it with pine cones and bows for the holidays. Right now I am planning on meeting Marty and his sister about 1/2 way between here and Denver for dinner then Marty and I will come home. Sunday we’ve got to blow our the sprinkler system since Monday and Tuesday is going to be cold and snowy. Marty heads to the airport about 3 on Sunday. I have to bake snickerdoodles for work on Monday. I’ll be glad to go back to work to rest.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Jaaron good luck finishing your work project successfully and we are sending NIRDI good luck dust your way. We use Waze too and find it pretty accurate. Looking forward to catching up with you and have a wonderful weekend.

PB great news about your friend/colleague. Hoping your window replacement goes smoothly today and that you get a run/cycling in this weekend. We don't do Halloween decorations but our neighbors do and I enjoy them very much. Here is one of my favorites from Costco.

halloweenwitches2016.jpg

Darn I cannot find my fave Halloween decoration of all time however. If I can find it later I will share it. We saw it a few years ago on someone's lawn and OMG it is hysterical.

Junie hope you have a lovely weekend planned. Weather seems good so far. Next week temps normalizing finally though so I expect winter to be here before we know it. LOL.

Marcy yeah right the RV dealer was about to call you. And the check is in the mail. Good one.:rolleyes: Enjoy dinner in Denver with Marty and his sister. We are supposed to shut off our sprinkler system off next week though Greg just reseeded the area the workmen had to dig up but Greg is still insistent it is OK to shut off the sprinklers next week. Oh no to your Monday and Tuesday being cold and snowy. Winter has come to you and Sharon at least for a short while. Hope it doesn't last too long. Safe flight for Marty next week and yay to snickerdoodles...would love photos when you bake them if you can. I have never seen a snickerdoodle but it sounds yummy.:lickout: The crown wouldn't have a hole in it but rather be put on with a temporary hold that can be popped off for a root canal. At least that is the way my friend described it. She has one crown in her mouth held that way too because she has a potential root canal issue in that nerve as well. I guess I will learn more when I see her at the next visit.

LOL to going back to work to rest. (((Hugs))).

Austina that is wonderful news. Son and gf on the way to meet you and the sun is out. The pool looks lovely. Woohoo and enjoy your vacation.:appl:

We had a lovely cycling day yesterday and this is Days last weekend (Friday-Sunday) till next year. The owner Dave gave us our ice cream on the house yesterday. LOL if all the ice cream vendors continue giving us free ice cream I am going to become an ice cream :lol-2: No complaints though and thank you very much.:sun:

Greg and the Days owner Dave. Thanks Dave!

greganddaveatdays.jpg

Dave's ice cream is soooo much better than Coney Waffles and Ice Cream. :loopy:
daysicecreamfreeoctober2017.jpg

Ok we are off cycling soon ladies. Have a terrific Caturday Saturday!:appl:

fredrelaxingatbeachhouse.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, great Halloween decorations. They moved up our snow forecast to Sunday night and increased the expected amount of snow. Yes, winter is coming back here for a few days. Oh no to shutting off the sprinklers with seed just put down. That’s a tough call. I know you are way more humid than we are here. I think I get what kind of crown they will put in for you but probably didn’t explain it. I know my root canal meant destroying the crown I had and getting another one. What they are giving you sounds pretty slick. Great picture of Greg and the owner of Dave’s ice cream. You guys are scoring free ice cream this week; go buy a lotto ticket. LOL to Caturday!

Scandi, beautiful pictures.

I did go to the RV dealer today and the guy I’ve been dealing with was out sick. Just in my limited dealings with him he’s been out sick 3 times now. So some guy helped me and took my check and payoff info then put it under the receptionists keyboard not on the guys desk. Grr. I’ll call Monday and make sure he found it. Then I had to go pay for the service and repairs. They didn’t have the bill ready, charged me labor for prep work to sell the unit and tried to charge me for the flooring we didn’t get. $15,300 later I was out of there. I’ll be checking my account every day to watch for that payoff. What a mess this has been. They are now in the same category as the realtor we had for this house - if someone wants a recommendation for a good realtor or RV dealer I will say “not them”.

I slept pretty well last night and enjoyed an extra hour today. I am working on my last batch of laundry until I get Marty’s suitcase home.

I tried to pick up the 4K Apple TV but they didn’t have one in the store. Darn. I printed Marty out a Happy Birthday Putz card with a picture of the rabbits and bears on it and some balloons.

Have a great day.
Marcy

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, Glad you and Greg are enjoying your vacation!

Marcy, At least this RV nightmare is almost completely over. Nothing is worse then writing a big check for something you get no enjoyment from.
I'm sorry Marcy, I know you were think about how that money could have gone toward jewelry! Years ago we had to write a very large check to the government. The following year we were getting a very small refund back. I think it was around $40,. I had been married 10 years at the time. We received a notice that in order to get the refund I had to correct an error with my name at the social security office. This had never been mentioned any other year we find our taxes.. After waiting in line for an hour, The woman at the counter said that I would have never gotten the money back without correcting the error, I said pretty loudly "then why did the government accept the $17,000 check I had to send them last year? They certainly didn't have a problem taking my money". Quite a few people behind me were laughing when I said it, It just made me mad all over again that I had to pay the year before. Drive careful going to pick up Marty today,

Austina, I'm glad your son and his gf were able to join you. The pool looks lovely! When do you think you will be moving to Austin?

PB, Are you enjoying the process of deciding what type of setting you will be getting? I'm glad you are living your new diamond! It's always great to look at your hand and see a beautiful diamond, I tell my husband women need large diamonds as we age so no one notices the old looking hands. Wow 60 kidney stones sounds awful. Your poor friend! Everyone who has ever had one says they are extremely painful. I'm glad her surgery went well.

Junie, I hope you will be finished with the closing of your mom's home soon. It will be so nice to finally get this behind you. At least it will be completed before winter. My goal had been to sell my MIL home before winter so we didn't have to worry about the furnace not working and pipes freezing. I'm glad your brother was able to close on his new place.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls and happy Big (and small) Dog Sunday!

greganddogonbeach.jpg

Marcy oh no to more snow and starting earlier than predicted. Stay warm and safe and comfy cozy. LOL about saying not them if asked for an RV dealer recommendation. I might go as far as posting a negative review (once everything is AOK and taken care of completely that is). They really suck. Sorry the store was out of stock re the Apple TV. LOL to the card for Marty. Greg's birthday is tomorrow and I have not yet even written him a poem. I am a procrastinator for sure. I am glad you slept well this weekend.

Hi Callie hope you are enjoying you know what. (((Hugs))).

Scandi lovely rainbow photo. Any updates for us?

We had another lovely ride yesterday with ice cream of course and the 10th annual Zombie walk in Asbury park. Fun and scary and ooooooooh soooooooooo creepy. I posted a number of photos on my IG page and will share just a couple here for your viewing pleasure.

I took photos as we cycled (very slowly as you can see how crowded it was!) through Asbury on the boardwalk. Scary hahaha. The zombies were not the problem instead all the people there to see the zombies were what was so scary.:lol:

zombies2017.jpg

zombiewalk.jpg

Uh oh operation went awry and someone lost their head.:eek2:
zombiewalk2017.jpg

It was bloody good fun.:devil:
zombie.jpg

Enjoy a lovely Sunday ladies. It is raining here so we are off to explore other options and won't be riding for the next few days courtesy of Nate. Stay safe and enjoy!:wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results