MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg she is so beautiful Scandi

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls.

Sharon I hope you enjoyed bicycling yesterday and I am a little jealous. We have barely gone cycling this year so far and I am itching to go. How was the ride?

Austina so glad you enjoyed the show. Thank you for your good thoughts. I am sorry you too experienced a bit of a bout with dizziness. That makes sense that a low grade infection could cause it. I am feeling much less dizzy now (haha a lot of jokes come to mind but I will resist the urge:cheeky:) so fingers crossed. I just love your beautiful Spumoni girl bathing in the sun. Love when our babies enjoy themselves. Here is a photo of HRH Francesca sunbathing inside (the only way the princess sunbathes LOL) in February on the bed. The photo is even titled HRH sunbathing lol.

hrhfrancescasunbathinginfebruary.jpg

Marcy why don't you and Marty just come visit me here a few dozen times to rack up those extra miles? I am waiting and ready to have fun with you guys. I am sure Greg and Marty would get along swimmingly.:halo: Thank you Marcy for your always kind thoughts and lovely comments. I know you and Marty are the same. We love our honeys yes we do.

Callie
OMG how does anyone get up to 4 million flying miles OMG. Did he go to the moon and back? :lol: I am feeling better thank you. Must be the healing NIRDI vibes. (((Hugs))). And so relieved Greg found my earrings. It was exactly where I said it was. B/w the safe and the wall and let me tell you something it took him a full 20 minutes to retrieve it. Having one's safe bolted to the floor and wall can be quite inconvenient at times.:lol: He has now blocked that little crack of an opening bw the safe and wall.;-)

Jimmianne, awww thank you sweetie. You are so kind and yes my dh is my soulmate and partner in crime. My heart aches for PB and her devastating loss and now the photo I shared yesterday morning before we knew of her horrible tragedy feels inappropriate knowing what happened. So terribly sad.:blackeye:
Glad you were able to change the locks on the house all by yourself. You are becoming a regular skilled handy woman!

Junie thank you and how is your week going? Thinking of you honey and hoping everything is good.

Rainwood did you get tickets for the show yet? I almost pulled the trigger for the other show but something made me hesitate. I will re evaluate our options today. And also just wanted to say I am thinking about you and sending more (((hugs))) your way. I hope you are OK after the awful news yesterday as I can imagine it brought back some very upsetting memories and feelings. I know you are not mushy but I hope you dont mind me sending extra loving hugs your way.

Scandi Thank you sweetie. Please share with us how F is doing this morning? Thank you for another photo. Please share more. Cannot get enough of her sweet face.:kiss:

Kristie sweetheart, I am so upset and so sorry about Maggie.:blackeye::cry: I am praying for a turnaround. Please know I am sending so many good wishes and healing vibes Maggie's way and truly praying for a miracle. I am getting why some people are religious now as it gives them hope to hold onto and a way to believe miracles can happen and I am so hoping Maggie gets a miracle. :pray: We are here for you honey. (((HUGS))). Please give Maggie a gentle kiss and hug from all her NIRDI aunties. {{{HUGS}}}.

Girls, my heart is heavy for all the tragedy that has recently occurred here and in England and for the heartache some of us are enduring. I am sending good thoughts, healing vibes and lots of love and hugs to each and everyone of you. I hope everyone has a good Tuesday. XOXO.

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
"Girls, my heart is heavy for all the tragedy that has recently occurred here and in England and for the heartache some of us are enduring. I am sending good thoughts, healing vibes and lots of love and hugs to each and everyone of you. I hope everyone has a good Tuesday."
Amen to that!
I just had to say good bye to my 13.5 year old Springer Yogi on Saturday and my heart is broken. Love and good health to all of the furbabies!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no @springerspaniel, I'm so very sorry for your loss. Even though we tell ourselves we gave them the best possible life, and that we were able to spare them any more suffering, it doesn't make losing them any easier. I hope Yogi is running free now. :(

So much tragedy and pain all around. I don't know Pinto, but I feel heartsick that she has suffered such a devastating loss. Life is very unfair.

Waking up to the awful news of the events in Manchester, where will it all end? I just can't imagine being the parents waiting anxiously for news of their children. It's incomprehensible that people can have such belief, that they think these acts of terror are justified.

I wish you all peace and safety.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Girls, my heart is heavy for all the tragedy that has recently occurred here and in England and for the heartache some of us are enduring. I am sending good thoughts, healing vibes and lots of love and hugs to each and everyone of you. I hope everyone has a good Tuesday."
Amen to that!
I just had to say good bye to my 13.5 year old Springer Yogi on Saturday and my heart is broken. Love and good health to all of the furbabies!

Oh Springerspaniel, I am so sorry! Honey, my heart goes out to you and I hope you can feel the love and gentle hugs I am sending you. I know you gave Yogi an amazing life filled with love and adoration and security and happiness and I hope you and your family find solace and comfort in that fact. I am so sorry for your terrible loss. (((Hugs))).

Austina I feel the same way. (((Hugs))) to everyone this gloomy sad morning/afternoon. Keeping everyone in my thoughts and prayers.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, Springerspaniel, that is terrible and I am so sorry to hear this, I know how very much you loved the amazing Yogi. No wonder your heart is broken. Lots of love and comfort-dust to you and your family as you grieve the loss of Yogi. Like Missy and Austina said, he had everything good and loving with you, what a wonderful life you gave Yogi.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the pic of Frankie Reclining Sunbather, and the expectant look on her face: Oh look, my loyal minions have arrived with my mid-morning tuna snack! :lol-2:

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good morning ladies! I was going to post yesterday but hearing Pinto's news and then the Manchester bombing, I just couldn't bring myself to post anything other than condolences to PB. I think we're reminded too often that bad things do happen to good people and it hurts the heart.

We had a long weekend here in Canada - Victoria Day yesterday. Of course it was the typical Victoria Day weekend weather - rain and more rain. So much for yard work and buying our bedding plants. We spent the long weekend being lazy expect for doing housework. We're still trying to get our house back to normal after the reno and the insurance claim (water damage from faucet change during reno). We watched three animated movies; Despicable Me, Despicable Me 2 and Sing. We loved them, especially Despicable Me (watched it again last night - LOL). We also watched Casablanca and Play it Again Sam. We spent a lot of time snuggling with our furbabies. Last night we were on the sofa watching Sing and the little one let out the loudest, scariest sleep howl/scream. She opened her eyes and looked around as if to say "what was that?". It was so high pitched I'm surprised it didn't shatter glass. Mitzi sleep howls but nothing like that!

Thanks to everyone who complimented the girls. In answer to your question Kristie, they are toy poodles. The baby (LadyBug) falls into the teacup category. She's a tiny 3.5 lb girl. I wasn't looking to get one this small, it just happened. We actually weren't looking to get a 3rd dog period, it's funny how life plays out. I love all my 3 girls equally but I have to say that the little one helped fill a tiny little void I felt after Lucy died.

In answer to the other question. Yes, that is me in the picture. It's old, taken in 2005 (on my 45th birthday). I can't believe it was almost 12 years ago already. Where does the time go?! I'm older, a bit heavier and have more facial wrinkles/sags but my hair looks better (lol).

I just read that Sir Roger Moore died. He was my first Bond, as in the first Bond movie I went to was Live and Let Die. We just re-watched it a few weekends ago.

Kristie - I hope the acupuncture appointment went well for Maggie. I don't have any words of comfort other than to say you have to push the negative thoughts out of your mind and concentrate on the here and now. Enjoy her for the time you have her. They live in the moment and we have to take our cue from them. But I know what you mean about the saying you quoted. It's very true unfortunately.

SpringerSpaniel - I am so sorry about Yogi. It really does hurt the heart when we lose them. I really like to think there is a Rainbow Bridge. It brings me comfort thinking it.

Scandi - I'm glad Fifi (did I get her name right?) is on the mend. Praying for continuing good health for her.

Missy - I'm glad your eye isn't worse but I wish it was improving. That is interesting your sister's eye condition drew you into the field. Did her eye condition improve? Is this the sister who is now the veterinarian? Greg is a good man and it's very apparent how concerned he was in that picture.

I still think you could try your hand at writing. Or maybe a collective NIRDI book. Can you imagine a book about friends who are actually strangers (I know some are no longer strangers and have met). This is the new version of pen pals.

Jimmianne - The universal problem of finding contractors. We know it only too well. We're trying to find someone who will do some soffit, fascia and eavestroughing work. No one will call us back or they don't show up for scheduled appointments. It is very frustrating. Good for you tacking these renos on your own. I am so impressed!

Austina - Dottie is so sweet. She looks like she has the softest belly. Does she love her belly rubs? Our Emma loves belly rubs and kisses.

Rainwood - I agree, keep that receipt and frame it. I nearly spit out my coffee when I saw it.

To the rest of the lovely ladies here: I hope you are all having a good day. Sorry for not recognizing each of you individually.

Time for me to laundry and have my lunch.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

SpringerS--I am so sorry to hear about your pooch. Healing vibes across the miles......

Missy--our ride was fabu! Very hot and covered a lot of ground. But my bike really needs a tune up as some of the gears didn't work....can't get an appointment until the first of June. Oh well. I'll ride it anyway.

Marcy--my husband rode his new bike (Specialized step through cuz of his arthritis) and really loves it. Its a beaut!! We gave his gently used Specialized bike to one of my son's friends--a tall guy like my hubby. He was ecstatic to have it and a perfect fit with the frame size!

Shout out to the rest of the NIRDI's.

PS: how do people store their sweaters over the warm season? We've moved and I have less space and wonder if I should just keep where they are or in plastic from the dry cleaners? Cotton and cashmere items.

cheers--Sharon

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hey Sharon, I'm having a quick coffee break and saw your note. Please don't store your sweaters or anything else in the original dry cleaning bags. I'm guilty of that in the past and have paid the price. They will yellow any light or white coloured garments, especially cotton. You are better off getting a canvas bag or box that is made specifically for clothing. Depending on your climate (not sure where in Canada you live) and how damp you can use cedar balls or blocks (I purchase mine from Amazon) to keep the items fresh and/or desiccant packets if you are worried about excess humidity. If you're just storing them in the dresser or closet, put cedar next to them.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Sharon, I'm having a quick coffee break and saw your note. Please don't store your sweaters or anything else in the original dry cleaning bags. I'm guilty of that in the past and have paid the price. They will yellow any light or white coloured garments, especially cotton. You are better off getting a canvas bag or box that is made specifically for clothing. Depending on your climate (not sure where in Canada you live) and how damp you can use cedar balls or blocks (I purchase mine from Amazon) to keep the items fresh and/or desiccant packets if you are worried about excess humidity. If you're just storing them in the dresser or closet, put cedar next to them.

Thanks poodles. I live in Alberta. I've made room in my tallboy--it has a cedar inner. I was looking for some cotton storage units--but most of them are polyester with plastic tops.

cheers--Sharon

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What about vacuum bags @canuk-gal ? They're supposed to keep things airtight and waterproof. I use them to pack our clothes every time we go away, not only do they save space in the cases, but they keep the clothes from moving about and getting wrinkled.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What about vacuum bags @canuk-gal ? They're supposed to keep things airtight and waterproof. I use them to pack our clothes every time we go away, not only do they save space in the cases, but they keep the clothes from moving about and getting wrinkled.

I wondered about that Austina. But when doing a quick google search I learned that cashmere, apparently, needs to "breathe".

cheers--Sharon

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Back to the drawing board :))

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Austina, Kristie, Canuk-gal, Poodles and Missy--Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts about Yogi. I'm sorry to intrude on your NIRDI group, but I follow along with you all and enjoy reading your witty and supportive comments. Kristie, I hope Maggie is having some response to the acupuncture.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Austina, Kristie, Canuk-gal, Poodles and Missy--Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts about Yogi. I'm sorry to intrude on your NIRDI group, but I follow along with you all and enjoy reading your witty and supportive comments. Kristie, I hope Maggie is having some response to the acupuncture.

You are very welcome. The PS world is everyone's oyster.
Please take care.

kind regards--Sharon

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SpringerS, you could NEVER intrude. I frequently wonder where you are, as a matter of fact. Thank you for your kind words about MaggiePie. :angel:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Poodles, *teacup,* they are so so cute!!! You're my age. Lol to at least your hair looks good! Word!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Jimmianne, you are fearless and amazing learning how to do all those handy things around the house. Good job! Every bit you save can go towards some giant diamond. I swear I am utterly helpless around the house.

Scandi, I am glad to see your precious Fur Baby out sunbathing. Is she feeling better?

Missy, HRH looks like royalty bathing in sunlight. I agree I think Marty and Greg would get along well; you never know we may just head that way someday. Yes, we love our honeys. I am glad Greg found your earring okay; it is amazing where those things can end up. About 20 years ago Marty bought me a bypass black and white pearl ring for Christmas. I was pulling off a sweater with ribbed cuffs and it caught on the ring and pulled a pearl off. We both watched it arch across the room, go straight in to one of the slots in the furnace vent on the floor and then we heard it roll through the ducts until it stopped. Marty went downstairs; pulls the ducts apart; puts his arm in there and finally finds that pearl. I couldn’t have made that shot if I tried. I am glad to hear you are feeling better today.

SpringerSpaniel, I am so sorry to hear about your beloved Yogi. Big hugs to you.

Austina, sending your peace and safety too.

Kristie, I hope Maggie responded well to her treatment. I’ve been worrying about you and her today.

Poodles, you are so right bad things do happen to good people. There is way too much heartache going on right now. I loved the Despicable Me movies; I find the Minions very amusing and those little girls are adorable. I am anxious to see the new movie coming out soon. That is kind of cute your little poodle startled herself with her sleep scream. Tell her I’m with her; some of my dreams make me want to wake up screaming too.

Sharon, that is awesome your husband likes his new bike. That’s great the specialized step works well for him. I am sure your son’s friend will enjoy his new bike as well. I quit putting my winter clothes away because I dig them out in the summer to wear too. I used to store my sweaters in those skinny rubbermaid containers that go under the bed. They seemed to keep well in there - mostly cotton and wool though.

Have a great evening. Big hugs to those with heavy hearts. Life can be cruel for sure.
Marcy

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!
We are much better now. I still need to be with her, the healing is apparently itchy, and I don't want her to tear any of the stitches.. So we are curled up in bed with my laptop. I'm so behind at work it is not even funny!
Kristie, I'm thinking of Maggie. We are both sending her tons of hugs.
Missy, I'm worried about your eye, which I should probably not write, because it might make you even more worried.
Marcy, thank you, she is starting to be her demanding self again :)
June, how is everything?
Jaaron, is the sun out? It is so nice here now, come on over :) You are only a short flight away!
Jimmianne, I love that you "do construction" :) Please come up north to me to lend a hand when you get tired of France..
We are starting (we as in not us lol) with the marble tiles on Monday I hope. Will get pictures for you!
Rainwood, any new holiday plans? You know we love to see the world through your pictures :)
Springerspaniel, I'm so very sorry. I feel the same way. I have no idea how to survive without my furbaby.
The world is not an easy place these days, is it. I think we will just have to refuse to accept it. Heads high and move on. I try not to think about things that I can not fix.
Hugs.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls.

Kristie how is Maggie doing this morning?

Callie did the dress fit well and do you like it?

Springerspaniel, you could never intrude. You are welcome here anytime! I wish you would hang out with us more. (((HUGS)))

Scandi how is sweet F doing? I dont know what your "evil" plan is but I am not taking a selfie first thing in the AM hahaha. And yes please to more photos of home renovations.:))

Sharon yay so glad you and your dh had a great bike ride! I am living vicariously through you right now re cycling. More rain in our forecast so keep on cycling girlfriend! I am sorry I don't know anything about storing sweaters. I keep everything in my closets and drawers all year round and dont put anything away. I also dont wear sweaters anymore. I am always too hot. I hope you find a good solution.

Poodles you are beautiful! Inside and out! Love your hair then and I bet I would love it even more now. Thank you so much for your kind and lovely comments. Yes Greg is a good man. We (well my parents haha) call him Saint Greg around here.:cheeky:
Hug your fur babies from me please. Glad you had a good Victoria Day. Yes it was sad to learn Roger Moore died but he did live a nice long life and was surrounded by his loved ones.

Marcy thank you. Let me know when you are coming!:halo: What is going on with you? How is work going? When is Marty coming back? Life is so cruel. I have been having so many dark thoughts with Manchester and PB's loss and well it is overwhelming what is happening all over. Taking comfort in the NIRDIs and my dh and trying to push the dark thoughts out.

Girls my heart is so heavy but as we always say sorrow shared is sorrow halved and joy shared is joy doubled. Thank you for being here and lightening all our load. Have a good day and stay safe and sound. (((HUGS))).:wavey:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls.

Sharon yay so glad you and your dh had a great bike ride! I am living vicariously through you right now re cycling. More rain in our forecast so keep on cycling girlfriend! I am sorry I don't know anything about storing sweaters. I keep everything in my closets and drawers all year round and dont put anything away. I also dont wear sweaters anymore. I am always too hot. I hope you find a good solution.

I don't know anything aboud storing sweathers either. I also keep everything in my closets and drawers all year round and dont put anything away. I also dont store sweaters anymore. It is always cold here.
LOL

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls - I'm far behind as usual but will just jump in -

Missy, I enjoyed seeing your pics - DUMBO looks like a fun place to spend some time, and I love the furniture you posted. Your kitties are so sweet all cozy in bed! Love the pics of the adoption fair, such cute doggies. I'm so happy a lot of the animals were adopted. I'm hoping you're feeling ok and you haven't had any more vertigo. And yes, Greg is definitely a keeper! So supportive and sweet. :love:

Springerspaniel, I am so very sorry about the loss of your precious furbaby. I know it is just so hard. Sending hugs and lots of comfort to you. You are not intruding at all, please join in the conversation here if you're up for it, the company and support will do you good during this really difficult time.

Austina, congratulations on 39 years together! Yes, it's amazing how the years fly by - I'm glad you enjoyed the theatre. Love the pic of your furbaby sunbathing! :love:

Calliecake, no, no family reunion this year, I think we're still recovering from the last one lol. We'll probably invite his siblings on an individual basis for a while. Dh and I are going to the beach for a few days this weekend - my son has a few shows this weekend with his band, and my daughter has a lot of paperwork to do for school so they can't make it :( How about you? Any special plans for this weekend? How great that your dh's status is permanent, my husband will be jealous when I tell him lol! OMG, 4 million miles, that is mind-blowing!

Marcy, love those pics of your bracelet!!! :love: So gorgeous, it must be great to look down and see all that sparkle. It's too bad Marty lost his status, it's a nice perk and makes things a bit easier when traveling.

Jimmianne, glad you're having such a great time exploring France on your bike. Sorry about the workmen not showing up but it's great you've found someone to lend a hand and I'm wishing you good luck with your diy floor project. You are definitely learning a lot about home repairs while you're on vacation and it sounds like you're finding it very rewarding - that sense of accomplishment is a great feeling. Good for you for figuring out things on your own!

Rainwood, I can totally appreciate your estate experience, ugh! How frustrating to think something is taken care of and then find out it's not.

That document with Madoff's name on it is amazing! I'm so glad things worked out ok for you.

Scandi, I'm so happy to see your furbaby is recovering nicely. She is beautiful! Oooh, very exciting about starting the marble tiles, and yes, please post pics! I really enjoy seeing your reno progress.

Sharon, I'm glad the weather cooperated and you were able to go on a bike ride, sounds like fun. How nice of you to give your son's friend the bike…I'll bet he was thrilled. Storing the sweaters in your cedar lined tall-boy sounds like a good solution to me.

Kristie, I'm keeping Maggie in my thoughts. How did the acupuncture go? I really am so sorry she's struggling and I'm hoping very badly that she turns a corner.

Poodles, sorry about the rainy weather but sometimes it's a good excuse to not do much of anything lol! Hanging out and watching movies sounds very relaxing - although I'm sorry your furbaby was so startled in her sleep, poor thing!

Yes, my heart is hurting too - so many PS'ers dealing with a lot of pain right now…so unbelievably sad about PB…wish I could more to help those who are suffering.

Not much new with me - I had a nice visit with my nephew, his wife, and the baby - I watched the baby for a few hours and my nephew and his wife went out to lunch. They're housebound right now because the baby hasn't had all of his immunizations so they can't take him out yet. Heading to the beach this weekend for a few days, so looking forward to that.

Sending good thoughts to all! xox

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls.

This is DH's new bike. Large frame, I think it is a looker. He had a CMC joint replacement last year right hand--and would have preferred the handle bars a bit higher, but then he'd probably tip over. It is about as perfect a bike without going custom.

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/bikes/fitness/fitness/roll-elite-low-entry/116177

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good afternoon lovely ladies. The weather is glorious today, which in some very small way makes the world seem less dark.

As you can imagine, the country is still reeling, and coming to terms with the atrocity, the threat level has been raised, and the army called in to support the Police. We can only hope they are on top of things.

Being stoic Brits, people are carrying on with their lives, determined not to give in to terrorism. I feel awful for feeling this, but I'm just so glad my DH no longer travels up to London every day. It was bad enough when the IRA were active, but they didn't actively target children.

No sunbathing pics of Dottie today, she's laying inside on a cool floor.

Sending good thoughts to each and every one of you, and hoping this finds you all in good health :wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Austina, I am just so sorry and saddened about this terrorist attack, it is unbelievably awful and scary - my heart goes out to you, your country and it's citizens.

Phanie

Shiny_Rock
I have not posted in a very long time, you know kids and life.
I need to vent and let steam off.
My mom just had a bladder sling done. You know for urinary incontinence. She is 68 and it was getting really annoying for her.
The only thing is that there had been some unforeseen complications that have landed her in ICU. Perforated bladder and other things. It has been two days. She is in France. Stable but not sure still if I am flying out. Being a RN myself and have to have to sit on my hands while my sis and brother who have zero medical knowledge is hard.
So I want to warn all of you.
If you have had a pregnancy, a delivery ( c section or vaginal), big or small baby; I don't care; if you now have teeny tiny leaks when coughing, exercising, etc; please consider doing Perineum Evaluation and PT.
There are many things to do before you "need" to have a mesh surgery.
Surgery carries many risk
I wish women would be less ashamed about this and knew that things can be done before going under the knife. Talk to your provider, your gynecologist, your OB.
I wish mandatory pelvic floor reeducation was the norm, even long after the last baby is born. Kegel are great if done properly.
Don't wait.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry, Phanie, re your DM.

That mesh sling, they stopped doing them here.

ETA: I remember when the wire mesh was basically outlawed, I asked a surgeon friend of mine who told me there are urogynecologists who are using other materials for the slings now.

I hope your mom has a quick recovery. Poor thing.

Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Scandi, that’s good your fur baby is becoming more herself again. I think it’s smart to keep an eye on her so she doesn’t try to pull out her stitches.

Missy, well Greg does seem like a great guy so I can see why your parents would call him Saint Greg. Of course now he has to live up to that name. Work continues to be frustrating and I try to remain calm and supportive. We are slow this time of year so the days go by slowly now too. I am revising the manual for my department. I am almost done though. I had a lot of dark thoughts last night too and had a hard time falling asleep. I am glad we can come here and share some of our sorrows and worries with the very supportive NIRDIs. It helps me anyway. Like you, I am trying to keep them at bay.

Junebug, enjoy the weekend at the beach for me. It sounds like a wonderful time. I am sure your nephew and his wife enjoyed having a lunch date since they are housebound with the baby for a while. I bet you enjoyed babysitting too. Status is a nice thing to have when traveling. I am still in awe of Callie’s DH having over 4 million miles. Wow!

Austina, I forgot - congratulations on 39 years together. That is awesome. I am glad the weather is nice there today. My heart goes out to all of you dealing with this tragedy and wondering if something else will happen. It is so sad and awful.

Phanie, I am sorry to hear your mom is having serious complications from having a bladder sling done. I hope she gets better soon.

Hi Kristie and Sharon.

I started my day bending the clasp on my new bracelet. Grr. The little snap you hook after you insert the clasp was very loose when I bought the bracelet so they tightened it and it worked really hard. I was pushing it together and it went “sprong”. I took it off and checked if I could fix it but no luck plus I’d worry I would break it. Guess I’ll be going back to Denver soon. Phooey.

The traffic from LA to San Diego was stop and go for Marty this morning. He got to the office in San Diego about an hour late. We don’t have those problems in Wyoming. I guess his company had more layoffs today some in his overall general area.

I ordered pizza for supper. I like easy cooking like that.

Have a great evening.
Marcy

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Missy, I love that photo of HRH. I think she looks startled because she's thinking "WHERE ARE THESE STRIPES COMING FROM??? I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE STRIPES!!!!!!" And yes I did get tickets to 'that show.' It was painful, but not for the reason you think. I'll tell you later because I'm not sure I want to confess my stupidity to the world.

And thank you for thinking of me with PB's thread. I feel terribly for her, but it triggers my desire to help rather than sadness. And I went to a celebration of life yesterday for a former colleague and sat with the now widow of a close friend of mine so loss is all around. I was one of the few who didn't shed tears during the speeches even though, before losing my DH, I would have been bawling like a baby. I know the aching sense of loss they are going through, but I'm now better able to keep my composure for some reason. Having walked through the fire myself or something like that. And the celebration reminded me of how articulate and funny and touching and insightful my former law partners are. I don't miss the pressures of private practice at all, but I miss being around them every day. They are a special, special group of people. And I've bought but not yet read Sheryl Sandberg's Option B on loss and grief. I was never tempted to lean in with her, but am interested in reading her thoughts on losing her husband. I've only read a few books on widowhood - Joan Didion's The Year of Magical Thinking being the first - but most of them did not resonate with me AT ALL. I did enjoy Diane Rehm's memoir On My Own as she seemed to have many of the same experiences and feelings I did although she is a famous NPR person who lives in the Watergate, and I'm not!!

Jimmianne, congratulations on DYI-ing the locks. Zut alors!! You really are crushing this whole life in France experience. I'm clapping for you right now in my head. And I love how spell check changed 'zut alors' to 'zit aloes.' I really am in Amurica.

Junie, have a great holiday weekend at the beach. I'm sorry your kids can't join you, but I'm sure you and DH will have a nice relaxing time. And tell him to watch out for gators on the golf course!! I don't want to find out how he ruined a golf club trying to fend off a predator at the eleventh hole!

Kristie, can you tell me again what the name of the subscription is you get for info on supplements? I think I'd like to do that. And I am going to keep and maybe frame my brush with Bernie Madoff. I told some of my former colleagues and they were all shocked that he had anything to do with our 401(k) plan!! My best to the Westies and hope that Maggie starts to feel better again so you can trust her with my darling Finn (yes, I do have a favorite even though I've never met either of them. Don't tell Maggie).

Marcy, it's a bummer that the clasp on your new bracelet is not working anymore. You bought it to wear, not to keep in a drawer!! The challenge will be not buying something else when you go to Denver to get it fixed.

Scandi, F is looking so chipper and cute in that photo!! Continuing to cross my fingers that she's all better! And I do have a special trip coming up in October that I'm greatly looking forward to!!! More details to follow.

Callie, wow, 4 million miles is a lot!! My DH was somewhere around 2.5 million and still had about half of that in his mileage account when he died. I was fortunate that the airline gave them to me (not all of them do). And we took trips to NYC and Boston a few years so he could keep his elite status for the next year. He always traveled enough to get the first level, but he really liked being at the second level because he got upgraded more often. It really does make a difference when you fly a lot.

Sharon, the one thing I wished I knew before was to never, ever dry clean cashmere even though the label says you can. Hand wash only and they will stay softer and last longer. I've given a few sweaters away that started to feel scratchy and now I know why.

Austina, I feel badly about the bombing and that the target was kids to try to unsettle and destabilize people more. So despicable. But honestly, they really underestimate the Brits. I have enormous respect for your country's ability to survive and even thrive in the worst of situations. Goodness knows, you've had so much practice through world wars and bombings from a variety of sources. It's been tested so much and so deep. And thank you for indulging me on 'Spumoni.' She really is a sweetie. And you must be a kid! Sean Connery was my first (and only) James Bond. I stopped watching before any of the others.

Poodles, I enjoyed the Despicable Me movies. I saw the second one with my sister and her partner in a theater last summer. He thought the minions were stupid so we started doing imitations of the language they speak for the rest of the time they were visiting. And for Christmas, his gift was wrapped in minion paper. That will teach him.

Spaniel, I'm so sorry to hear about Yogi. That face in your avatar shows such a warm and sensitive soul. My sweet Lab is also gone, having died a week before her 14th birthday.

So this is where I should tell an interesting and highly amusing story about me, but I'm pooped and all my amusing stories have gone missing. We should have good weather for the holiday weekend which is a rarity so I will head to the island. I have a lot to do before then as the house is a mess and I have no one to blame but me. Stuff seems to multiply when I'm not looking. I swear, that must be it!

Take care, all!

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results