carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Jimmianne, thank you. I really like the color of that ruby. I don’t have many pictures of it for some reason but I can always work on that. Beautiful antique earrings.

Missy, I hate to hear there is a very valid reason to have your eyes dilated instead of doing the retinal images. I have purposely picked my eye doctor based on if they offer that service. I knew you’d enjoy hearing about the Wyoming feral getting some pampering. Great to hear you are having warm weather this weekend. I can’t say the same for the next 2 days.

Austina, it sounds as soggy there as it is here. Stay warm. It’s raining agin right now. As Snoopy would say “it was a dark and stormy night”. Thanks for the compliments on my ring and bracelet.

Junebug, the beauty of settling the estate; it will wait for you but it will be nice when you can get everything finished. That finality is bittersweet but definitely a relief. Good luck for the rest of it going smoothly for you. I have to say seeing a gator would scare me. Thank you for the kind words about my ruby ring and new bracelet. I’ve seen that much snow here in June so I can’t say I am surprised.

Callie, how is your shoulder feeling today? Oh no to falling in to your evergreens on top of dealing with everything then. You didn’t need any more piled on your for sure. Thank you for the nice comments about my ruby ring and new bracelet. Shopping bling is one of my favorite past times for sure. I am sure your flowers and yard will b gorgeous this summer. I bet your flower pots will look fabulous. Flowers are definitely not cheap but they give you a great deal of joy so that makes it all worth it. That will be fun to meet up with your DH’s co-worker from London. I can see why your neighbors would trust you to babysit. Some people you just know you can trust.

Poodles4me, your poodles are adorable. I am glad they bring you so much love and joy. Thank you for the kind words about my ruby ring. I am very anxious to see pictures of your ruby band. I really like rubies too. They are truly regal gems; in a class by themselves. I have trouble during warm weather with tight rings so I finally just had them sized larger. I generally wear a 6 on my left hand and a 6.5 on my right - all of my rings are a size 7. They spin a lot but they don’t get stuck anymore when it’s hot outside. You have a lot of nice things on the way; yes retail shopping is always beneficial.

Scandi, good plan to take tomorrow off. We are sharing in your worry for sure. Big hugs coming to you and your precious fur baby.

It is pouring rain out here now. I am very chilly maybe I’ll crank on the fireplace.
I was really busy at work today but mostly because I was doing odd things here and there. It made my day go very fast though. Always a bonus.
I was texting Marty about my day and right in the middle of the sentence about being at the jewelry store I said “where you bought me a gorgeous bracelet for my birthday”. His response was only “I didn’t see any pics of the bracelet I bought you”. Naturally I had to send him one of my bracelet on one of his rabbits.
I’ve been trying to take a selfie tonight for work. They want a profile picture of everyone and either my hair is flat, or my old wrinkled neck looks awful, or whatever. I got 2 I kind of like and sent in to work. It’s hard to take selfies with short arms. I submitted a picture of one of my bears behind the wheel of my car but for some reason my boss rejected that picture.
Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a few pictures of my bracelet.
IMG_4352.JPG IMG_4329.JPG IMG_4349.JPG

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!
Not much going on here today. RAIN RAIN RAIN outside our windows, so had to force furbaby outside this morning for a quick little stroll around the lawn. Safe and sound inside and drinking coffee now.
Marcy, that bracelet looks really good!! I love it!
Jimmyanne, from reading some of the comments, I think I have missed some ring you bought? Hope one of the girls can save me and point me in the right direction, I know your internet probably is not behaving itself.
Kristie, thank you again!
Callie, thank you! You are so right.
Missy, thank you!
Marcy, thank you!
June, thank you!
Rainwood, thank you!
Austina, thank you!
Pooles4me, thank you!
I'll go back to worrying now. Hugs.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I forgot. Your new ring is OMG amazing!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Scandi sending you so many good thoughts and healing vibes for your sweet fur baby and lots of love. Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers and hoping the surgery tomorrow is successful and that your sweet girl will be AOK. (((HUGS))). And that saying about worries shared are worries halved and joys shared are joys doubled is exactly how I feel too and the reason I started this thread in 2014. It is really true when you have people who sincerely care about you who you sincerely care about. We love you sweetheart and are with you and here for you and thinking good thoughts for you and your little girl. XOXO.

Thanks for the lovely compliment.

Junie thank you for your good thoughts sweetheart. And for always being there for us. Hope the rest of your day went very well and all errands were accomplished smoothly. Sending more estate dust your way and (((hugs))).

Callie hope you wake this AM with no more (or at least a lot less) shoulder pain and remember you promised Jeff and me no more gardening till this issue is better OK? Naughty girl.:naughty::halo::kiss:

Marcy your bracelet is amazbling. LOVE it. Unfortunately the weather is cooling off by Saturday so no cycling this weekend. Greg has a conference in DC on Friday and that is the last nice weather day here for a while. LOL what can I say. Sometimes it goes that way. When is Marty arriving back home? What a sweet thoughtful dh he is to buy you such a beautiful bracelet.:love:8-)

Poodles4me, oh no about your massage therapist's dh. How is he now? Is his vision restored or has he suffered visual loss? Retinal detachments are very bad and once they occur in one eye you have a much greater likelihood of it happening in the other. I am very worried of course but just taking it one day at a time. It isn't easy because at work it is even more challenging to do my job with my visual disturbance in my left eye.

Thank you for sharing the beautiful photos of your fur babies. So photogenic.:love:

Speaking of photogenic I am going to share a few photos I took yesterday with my iPad (with my dh's help) when I got home from work. Haha a true PSer. Taking photos of her bling whenever and wherever. :lol: I love the natural sunlight streaming in our home because it is the best lighting for diamonds IMO. No overhead lights on-just sunlight coming through the windows.

clusterringmiddlefingerendofdaysunlightinapartment.jpg

diamondringsbothhands.jpeg

excuse the dirt on my index finger right hand. I had been just watering the plant and was checking the soil to make sure it was moist enough and got some on my hand and then just went to take the photos.:cheeky:

diamondclusternaturalsunlight.jpg

Have a good day girls and wishing everyone good luck and good thoughts and (((hugs))).

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandi, My thoughts and good wishes are with you and F. Please know we are all here for you Sweetheart. I'm glad you were able to take today off. I hope you are enjoying the day with your sweet girl. Please update us after her surgery and know we are sending lots of love your way. Callie

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good morning ladies (still technically morning here - lol). I have only had one cup of coffee so not much of a conversationalist until I've had my quota. I haven't been been sleeping well for close to a week and it was such a joy to sleep in this morning. I woke up to find out Mitzi threw up in bed - on hubby's side.

Callie - I hate to sound like a nag, but PLEASE be careful with your shoulder. Please don't overdo until you know what the problem is and have a treatment plan. I had tendonitis and because I ignored it (thought it was arthritis) and didn't treat it, it turned into frozen shoulder. I am a migraine sufferer and have spent days with my head hanging in the toilet and my head feeling like it was on fire or going to explode but that paled in comparison to the pain with the shoulder. I don't want you to end up hurting yourself more.

Scandi - I hope you are able to spend the day just cuddling and enjoying your precious furbaby. Nothing bonds people together like love they feel for their pets. Hugs to you!

Missy - My RMT's husband's retina didn't detach but he has to be on guard for the next while. It was what you mentioned about the vitreous sac pulling away and getting flashing lights and floaters. I don't know if he has permanent visual impairment. My mother always had, as she called it "twisted wire" in her field of vision which annoyed the heck out of her until she got used to it. I hope you are okay at work and it's not bothering you too much. I'm sure it has to be hard dealing with eye issues all day long when you're having an issue yourself. I don't think I've ever ask you. Are you an optometrist or an ophthalmologist?

By the way, I am very impressed you wrote a book at such a young age :appl:. I think most of us here would agree you could write professionally. You are very articulate and write beautifully. Most of the NIRDI's are in that category as well.

You can post pictures of your rings everyday. I'd never get tired of looking at them. They suit you so much and I still say you have gorgeous hands.

Marcy - I forgot to mention that I am familiar with Eston. It is close to Kindersley. How awful about your husband's best friend! Was it a car accident or an industrial or farm accident?

I'll post pictures of my ruby band when I get it. It was sent to Montreal for sizing so it may be next week by the time I get it back. I went with a 6.25 to wear on my right hand. My left and right hands are one full size apart.

Beautiful bracelet! I admire bracelets on everyone else but rarely wear them myself. I think it's because I'm always picking up the dogs, plus Emma has a thing for bling. She nibbles at my jewellery. We call her our Bling Bling Dog.

Junebug - I am sorry you are still going the stress of the settling the estate. Sometimes it drags on for what it seems like forever. It can be stressful when there is a house and sale involved.

I'm sorry if I missed anyone. Time for me to get cracking at the housework. My dust bunnies are rapidly reproducing.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good afternoon lovely ladies.

It's raining again :mad:

Fingers and paws crossed for tomorrow Scandi, I'll be thinking of you and willing everything to go well for your furbaby.

Marcy your bracelet is just beautiful, what great taste your DH has:D

Poodles, your little ones are too cute.

Missy, how worrying for you, I'm afraid I really don't know anything about detached retinas, is there anything that can be done? Your new ring is just lovely, and the setting makes it look so different.

We've just got back from having afternoon tea at a lovely hotel, I ate far too much, but too good to resist :roll:. I'll have to walk more with Dottie.

:wavey: A big hello and wave to you all from me and my girl.

IMG_0134.JPG

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Another drive by posting as life seem to have gotten out of control busy the last month-- I just wanted to send lots of love and good thoughts to Scandi's girl.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will be back for a proper update tomorrow, but wanted to send scandi's furbaby some extra love and good thoughts - I'll be thinking of you tomorrow Scandi!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Scandi, thinking of you and your fur baby tomorrow. Sending mega PS dust to you for a very successful surgery tomorrow.

Missy, you are really having a heat wave there. That is unreal the AC wasn’t working while you were at the clinic. I can’t believe it will be so cool this weekend you can’t cycle. Is Greg’s meeting in DC just a quick down and back? Does he drive or take a train? Our only option around here is drive. My favorite lighting for photos is sunlight coming in or just daylight too. Thanks for the beautiful pictures of your gorgeous rings. They both look very happy and loved.

Sharon, Dupis has some gorgeous pieces of jewelry.

Callie, I hope you are feeling better today.

Poodles4me, glad you got in some extra sleep. Oh no that Mitzi got sick. That is kind of cool you know about Eston. Marty’s friend was killed in a small plane crash on his birthday. Such a sad story. He was single and always looking for his true love. He finally met her in October, they got married in May then he was killed in August. Her father was a pilot and had one of those 2 seater planes; they crashed on take off. His friend was killed on impact and her father suffered severe head and mobility injuries. The dad owned a construction company and had to sell it because he could no longer run it. And talk about shoulda, coulda, woulda thoughts about what happened to Marty’s friend. Until he met his wife he came to our annual star party which was that weekend. He wanted to come up there that summer and bring his new wife but she talked him in to staying in town and spending the weekend with her parents. To make it even more tragic it turned out her dad hadn’t fueled the plane - they ran out of fuel taking off. If his friend had come to the star party or never met his wife he may still be alive; but he was so happy with her during their very brief time together you wouldn’t want to take that away from him. Reminds us we never know what can happen. I will look forward to seeing your ruby band. That is cute Emma is called your Bling Bling dog.

Austina, oh no to more rain. We are getting very wet snow here. You afternoon tea sounds really nice. Your girl is posing for us. Tell her hi! I did tell Marty he has good taste in bracelets.

Hi Jaaron and Junebug.

Thank you ladies for the kind words about my bracelet. Strange that Marty would pick out something I’d get for myself.
I had my teeth cleaned this morning and my usual hygienist wasn’t in so another one cleaned my teeth using some stupid sonic thing. That’s not happening again. I feel like someone hit me in the jaw and it gave me a migraine. I came home about 3:30. I took some extra strength Excedrin and took a brief nap in the recliner in the den. I feel better tonight.
We’ve have maybe 7 inches of snow on the ground but right now it’s just slushy. It’s very wet, heavy snow. I hope the roads don’t freeze up for Marty to drive home tonight. I guess he is heading back to LA on Sunday. Quick weekend.
Have a great evening.
Marcy

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!
Today is the "big" day. Sigh. I will keep you posted. For now, I just wanted to say thank you to all of you! Your support makes me feel at least a little better.
Missy, I have been meaning to ask you: are you still working or have you had enough? LOL
Jaaron, I know how that feels. Sometimes 24 hours per day is just not enough!
Marcy, why is Marty "heading back to LA"? Is he working from there now? And how is the gym going? Will you be taking over that one????
Callie, thank you sweetheart! How are you these days?
June, thank you! And looking forward to your update.
Austina, your girl is very cute and looks like she has a ton of personality :)
Poodles4me, such big puppy eyes!! Adorable!
Missy, wish you were here.
Hugs.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Scandi, my thoughts are with you. You are a great dog mom, and this must be so hard.

Just a quick note to say that Dermagel is amazing. My finger looked pretty bad on Monday, bled for ages, and had a nasty "J" shaped gash. I wasn't worried about tetanus mostly because the house is only a few years old, the attic doesn't even have dust in it, and the metal with teeth was really clean. (I also think I'm up to date on tetanus, but not sure.) But I've been really good about changing the bandage and using Dermagel and I looked at it today, and there's no red, no pink, the skin is knitting back together just fine, I've taken the bandage off, and you can hardly tell it's there. I wouldn't want to whack it against something, but it looks way better than it should have. Thanks for whoever recommended it (I think it was Missy maybe.) That stuff is amazing! And thanks for worrying about me and my finger!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls.

Scandi
, we are all keeping you and your sweet pup in our thoughts and prayers and sending bucktetloads of healing dust and good thoughts her way sweetheart. And fwiw I wish I was there with you right now too. (((HUGS))) and lots of love. (Yes I am still working for now but see my note below to Marcy...might be quitting very soon as my tolerance for stupidity and incompetence has been reached as well as my tolerance for BS but another story for another day and right now we are all focusing our energy on you and your sweet fur baby praying and hoping she will recover completely and be back to her healthy happy self very soon!)

Sharon, thank you for the link and I am going to enjoying perusing that amazing site. :love:

Rainwood, so glad it your healing is going well! Yes it is amazing isn't it? So glad it is working for you! I will be seeing what tickets if any I can find for you that show which shall not be mentioned for fear the price will go up to 2k a ticket LOL. And OMG. Did you read the reason you need to be dilated to have a proper retinal evaluation? I forgot to ask you about that. If you have any questions about that please ask me.

Marcy Greg is taking the train today and will be back later tonight. It is a 3 hour ride I think. Yes I cannot believe we are having a heat wave while you are having a snowstorm. It is surreal. And yes the AC is broken but once again only on one side of the clinic. My side. You gotta laugh. Cannot make this stuff up. Callie says it is a sign I should quit and perhaps I will because I am too tired to deal with being hot for the next 4 plus months. Freezing in winter boiling in summer. Been there done that. No thank you. I can almost guarantee it won't be fixed by my workdays next week. Almost guarantee it.

Hope Marty arrived home safely last night and that you took today off and can spend it warm and safe and cozy with Marty. Enjoy your snow day!

Poodles4me haha yes I hate when those dust bunnies multiply and it seems like they do so exponentially though with 4 kitties that could just be in our home lol. Sorry Mitzi threw up but at least she did it on your dh's side of the bed lol. Smart girl. Hope she is feeling well today! So glad your RMT dh's retinas did not detach. I am an optometrist and cannot believe I have been one for almost 3 decades. Thank you so much for your good thoughts and lovely comments about my ring and also my (questionable!) writing skills. You are too kind but I appreciate it.

Austina, thank you for sharing another photo of your sweet doggie and thank you for your lovely comments about my ring. Nothing can be done but just wait and see (haha unintended pun) and of course I am anxious. I keep seeing a big blurry blob across my visual field and lots and lots of floaters. I am not new to floaters being that I am very nearsighted but this is different as I am having a PVD (posterior vitreous detachment) and until the process is complete the retina can be torn and my symptoms are extreme. Being in the field I know exactly what is happening and yes I am worried. Thanks for your good thoughts. I am keeping my fingers crossed it will be OK.

Callie will talk to you soon sleepy head.:lol:

Hi Junie, Jaaron, Jimmianne, LLJSmom, (the J girls haha).and all the other NIRDIs. Hope all is well by you. Have a good Friday all and Scandi we are all seeing you virtual hugs and lots and lots of healing dust and good luck for F's surgery today!!!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Back home. So far so good. Have removed all lumps + the mammary glands etc on one side.Will have to have one more surgery to reduce risk (other side, could not do both sides at once).

View attachment 20170519_152427.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Back home. So far so good. Have removed all lumps + the mammary glands etc on one side.Will have to have one more surgery to reduce risk (other side, could not do both sides at once).

View attachment 20170519_152427.jpg

Yay!!!!! Thank you for keeping us posted sweetheart. ((((Hugs))))) to you and dear F and more healing vibes for a complete recovery and a long and happy healthy life. What a sweet photo! XOXO

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pleased the op is over and your little girl is recovering Scandi. The stress of waiting for news is unbearable so you must be very relieved she's through this part of the treatment.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SO glad everything went smoothly for your furbaby Scandi! - you must be feeling so relieved that it's over, hugs to you. Sending lots of good thoughts that she heals quickly. Such a sweet pic!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs: I'll have more later, I'm with Finn at the vet clinic waiting on the mobile radiologist. Good to read everybody's good news. Poodles, if that is you in the pic I note BLING on that hand!! Missy, I'm glad you are hanging in there with the eye. Marcy, that is a SLAMMIN' bracelet, TDF, I love me some tennis bracelet. Austina, you cannot post enough pics of your sweet Spinone girl for us. Keep it going please! Scandi, so glad your girl is on the mend and safe snoring at home with her mom. Jimmianne, shoot you're my role model, just keep on, keepin' on. Junie, Hi!!! Rainy, glad you're enjoying some sunshine thereabouts! Hi Sharon, Neighbor to the North! Callie, ice is your friend although I know YOU know that, just get more packs and switch locations!!! Hi Jaaron!!

Finn had a GI ultrasound and liver imaging today.

I wanted to let my NIRDI Instagram peeps (and anyone who wants to be IG buddies, my handle is below) know that my Android software blew up on my phone and it screwed up my Instagram and texts. To try to goose it, I went into IG Settings and changed my name to bflatkiki and that worked, it got me back up on my updated Droid platform, but for those of you who followed me @kristielovesvintage or I followed you under that IG handle, you would probably have to request to follow bflatkiki and I'm going to have to re-request of you that bflatkiki can be your follower.

So you'll see a request from me soon. My texts are also all messed up, I had to relearn how to address texts because the new platform wiped out all my contacts. I lost a lot of unread texts too. So if you texted me or IG'd me at some point in the middle of the week, I was in Droid hell. At least the actual phone worked.

Maggie is not doing well. She seems worn out from this in every way. I have not given up. Acupuncture starts on Monday. The CBD oil is giving her some pain relief, I think the Galliprant might be too, its hard to say. She is clingy with Bob and me and mean to Finn.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kristie, I'm really sorry to hear that Maggie is not well. I'll be thinking of all our furbabies tonight. Best of luck to Finn for the test results. Hugs! and snores from my darling F. Tried to carry her outside to pee, but no luck. Just sat down on the gras and looked at me with disgust. Should make for a fun night.. Oh well. She is safe for now. That is all that matters.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NIRDIS

healing vibes to all humans and furry creatures....

sending "Book of Joy" inspirations your way.....

Sharon:wavey:

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Healing thoughts go out to all the fur babies who aren't feeling well and their worrying humans. Hang in there, everybody!!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just ordered Dermagel Two things re tetanus shot: It's the TdAP that is hard to take (landed me in the Mayo Clinic ED ), and its the "ap" portion , acellular pertussis, that carries the most side effects for adults. Get the Td vaccine instead.

Second thing is all good surgical facilities require current tetanus before surgery.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Scandi, I hope your fur baby starts to feel better; she went through a lot today. Marty is doing business in LA for his regular job. So far his new gym hasn’t generated much interest which may be good since he is traveling again. Cute photo of your resting fur baby.

Rainwood, that is amazing how well Dermagel is working on your cut. I’ll have to pick up some of that stuff since I’ve been known to be on the losing end in my encounters with knives.

Missy, yes you gotta laugh that the AC would be broke on one side and of course that would be on the side you work on, right? It’s a good thing we can keep a sense of humor about things. My aunt had a saying I wrote down “ Blessed are we who can laugh at ourselves because we will never cease to be amused”. I totally get being sick of BS, incompetence and stupidity. We can only take so much. Maybe that broken AC will be the straw that pushes you towards closing that chapter of your life. Do what you feel is right for you. I am worried for you too about your eye so I am constantly sending dust your way.

Hi Austina, Junebug and Sharon.

Poodles4me, yes that is a horrible story and I have often thought how difficult that was for his wife dealing with what happened. I hope you had fun at lunch with your friend. Good for her going back to school and going a new direction in life. Great picture of you with Bling Bling Bear - you had me at bears. I am going to use your link when I am done posting. And Kristie is right we do see bling on your hand. Tell us more.

Kristie, what a pain that your Android software blew up on you. I’ve had really good luck always backing up on my Apple devices in iTunes but I remember painstakingly manually entering everything in a new phone. Ugh. I hate to hear Maggie is not doing well. I will be sending mega dust her way that acupuncture works well for her next week. Good luck with Finn’s test results. Big hugs to all of you. Thank you for the kind words about my bracelet.

By the time Marty landed last night the highway was listed as no unnecessary travel for about 25 miles south of here so he decided to spend the night at his sister’s house. I was relieved he decided to do that because I’d been checking the webcams on the highway and it looked awful. It was whiteout conditions with definitely snow on the road. He worked from his sister’s house this morning, then they went to the gym and out to supper. He should be here soon. He’ll only be home for a day and a half now. Stupid snow storm.

My car did great in the snow. The deepest snow I went through was our driveway. My boss wasn’t there today but his boss said we could go home early today if we wanted to - I was out of there by 3:30, Ha!
Have a great weekend. We ended up with at least 15" of snow here from this storm.
Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Missy, what a joy to look at your gorgeous rings!!! Omg sooo beautiful! :love: I'm sorry you can't cycle this weekend, I know how much you love it.

Thank you so much for all the info on dilation, very good to know.

Still sending good thoughts about your eye, I know it's worrisome and I hope you're coping ok.

Poodles, your girls are adorable!!! Omigosh such sweet faces! :love: I can't wait to see your ruby band. I'm so glad you were able to get some sleep, it makes such a difference. Sorry about Mitzi though, not the most pleasant way to wake up…but at least it was on the other side of the bed! Love the pic of Bling Bling Bear! You are lovely too!

Hi Jimmianne! Miss you but glad you're having such a great time!

Kristie, I'm so sorry Maggie is still struggling and I'm hoping for the best. Sorry to hear about your software problem, such an inconvenience.

Marcy, yes, by now I guess you're used to Wyoming weather lol! Thanks for the good thoughts, I appreciate them. The gators in SC are definitely nerve-wracking. They seem to really like golf courses for some reason :-o Are you enjoying your bracelet? I have a feeling that's a dumb question :cheeky: It really is so pretty and I keep looking at your pics. I'm very tempted to get one myself. :halo: Wow, 15 inches of snow in May! Glad Marty played it safe but it's a shame he'll only be home for such a short time.

Calliecake, cute story about your neighbor saying that he'd trust you because of how you take care of your furbaby, love it! :D I'm keeping you in my thoughts and hoping your shoulder heals soon. Kristie's comment about icing it reminded me that a while back dh's shoulder was bothering him a lot and putting ice on it did seem to help.

Austina, your afternoon tea sounds very nice, what a fun outing. Dottie is just the sweetest thing, I love her!

Sharon, thanks for the gorgeous bling pics! Wow, that marquise! :love:

Not too much going on with me - I'm going to see my nephew's baby tomorrow, so looking forward to that.

Hope everyone has a good start to their weekend!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a quick update: My little baby is a little better this morning. And so am I.. LOL. A bit of a difficult night, so a little tired. She was a bit scared, I think. So we put a mattress on the floor and slept there with her. DH didn't dare protest, probably because I was so worried. He generally has a thing about not sleeping on the floor.... LOL
Missy, how is your eye?
Callie, stupid shoulder of yours - be careful. These things have a tendency to come back if you over do it to quickly.. (at least for me, I have no patience)
Get better dust to Maggie.

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone,

Scandi - glad everyone's a little better this morning, and hoping for brilliant results. When one of ours had surgery (was badly bitten by an evil dog in the park), she got the cone off in about thirty seconds flat and had to wear a t-shirt tied at the waist. She found it incredibly annoying, but the we humans thought it was adorable. And I don't blame you one bit for sleeping with her - always make exceptions for kids and dogs (and cats) that need comfort.

Azstonie- Sorry to hear Maggie's not doing well- hope thing improve.

Marcy - you have a way of making the mundane details of daily life highly entertaining and amusing. You should put your posts on here together into a diary- I think you could sell it. Love the bracelet, and glad you're leaving the ruby alone.

Callie- Hi! Really do rest the shoulder (says the woman with physio tape on hers as we speak :), it won't get better if you overdo things too quickly. And I appreciate that you're still fighting the good fight on the political threads.

Hi Junebug - I can't tell you how fast I'd be out of there if I saw a gator coming across a golf course--the camera shot would be a blur. To be fair, I usually try to spend as little time on golf courses as possible, but that would be a whole new ballgame. I hope things are better with the estate and you have some nice beach time planned soon.

Poodles- Great picture. I hope you had a fun lunch- your friend sounds very inspiring.

Austina - I could seriously have afternoon tea every day and not get tired of it. I completely love the sandwiches, which is great because everyone else usually wants all the scones. Although I do have to say, we had the most incredible scones in Cornwall recently...

Hi Rainwood!

Jimianne - Hope you're having fun and enjoying your time there and spending some nice time with your daughter.

Nice bling Sharon- which do you have your eye on???

Hope I'm not missing anyone. Off on some travels for the next ten days. Going to the half renovated house to check up on things and try to prod stuff along, then to see family and then on to meetings, so I'll only be on sporadically, but will check in to see how Scandi's doggie is doing.

Have a great week everyone!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! And happy half Marathon Brooklyn!

Scandi how is darling F doing today? I love all the photos you shared and she is so sweet. I love that you and your dh kept her company on the floor last night. (((HUGS))) and more healing vibes coming your way. No change re my eye. Really distracting and distressing and I am doing my best to remain calm and positive. Thanks sweetheart.

Poodles4me, love that photo! Is that you? Beautiful! Hope you had a lovely lunch with your friend yesterday. I met my good friend for (a late) lunch as well and we had a good time. Will share a food photo shortly (in honor of Monarch lol). I went into this field because my little sister was born with an eye problem and at the time nothing was known about it. We used to go to the Optometry school (it was in the Gramercy Park neighborhood in those days) for biofeedback and research for her and that's the short answer. I love what I do and the patients I work with but as with any job there is so much red tape BS that I am seriously thinking it might be time to retire. The friend I got together with yesterday has been retired for a few years now but she has her days quite scheduled with art classes and teaching so she is busier than ever. My concern is would I have enough structure to my day as I really don't have any hobbies similar to what she enjoys in that regard but my new motto of one day at a time is working OK for me right now. Thank you again for all your good wishes. I appreciate that.

Here are 2 photos of the lunch yesterday my friend and I enjoyed at my favorite vegan restaurant. Delicious and kind food. No animals harmed.

I enjoyed the Portobello salad. So yummy.

portobellosaladatvspot.jpg

and my girlfriend loved her lunch too. I think it was a "chicken" (vegan no meat) burrito.

maureensburrito.jpg

Marcy I am glad Marty arrived safely but sorry he couldn't make it home last night. OMG to all that snow in May. Better safe though so I hope you have a happy homecoming today. I am sorry he will only be home for a short time however before his next business trip. :( I am so sorry about Marty's friend being killed in a plane crash just when his life was blossoming. So sorry. The randomness and cruelty of life is a bitter pill to swallow at times. I agree it is a good skill to have to be able to amuse ourselves. I always say if I don't laugh at my jokes no one will. I hope you have a nice weekend with Marty before he has to leave again and thank you so much for all your healing dust and good thoughts.

Kristie I hope Finn is doing OK and that the discontinuation of the NSAIDs helps him and I hope Maggie is improving. It is heartbreaking when our sweet fur babies get sick and I am continuing to send healing dust and good thoughts for them both.

Junie have fun at your nephew's today visiting the baby! Thank you again for all your lovely comments re my ring and also your good wishes for my eye. (((Hugs))).

Sharon, ooh are you thinking of purchasing something from the site?

Callie did you enjoy last night?

Hey Rainwood, hope you enjoy the weekend!
Jaaron enjoy your travels!

Enjoy your Saturday and wishing everyone and their fur babies good health and a fun weekend.:wavey:
Oh wait dear Fred wants to post a good morning to all the NIRDIs.:kiss: Can you see Tommy and Bobby in the background? Haha and HRH Francesca is on her throne in the living room. What a little diva princess she is.:halo:

fredpostingtonirdis.jpg

Leaving you with a photo of the Brooklyn half marathon that is happening right now. Photo from our bedroom window.

brooklynhalfmarathonmay2017.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results