carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Jimmianne, I know I should have stayed in my room and pulled out my pistol but after pausing for about 5 seconds thinking about that I decided to investigate. I’d have a LOT of rabbits and teddy bears to throw at someone but you are right if they broke in to my house they are either mean, nasty people or hopped up on something. You were certainly brave going to investigate those men in your mom’s place. Is that a case that we have more guts than brains? I don’t know. You hen and chicks are adorable. The chicks are so tiny and cute.

Missy, I am so sorry you are so sad and worried about the kitties. No matter what you try there isn’t much about the situation you can control and that makes it hard and frustrating. Big hugs to you. I am pretty relieved it wasn’t an intruder either; it was an experience anyway. I am glad you have your heated vest to keep you warm when you are cycling.

Junebug, good idea about a pet setting service. Or maybe a local vet would have an idea.

Sunstorm, good luck moving!

I didn’t sleep worth a darn last night – thinking and worrying about the alarm going off and what if that had been an intruder? I feel like it’s 2 am right now. The security guy came by tonight and replaced that sensor and changed the batteries in our motion detectors.

I didn’t have much to cook for supper so I microwaved one of those little microwave packages of bacon and made toast – my lettuce was nasty and I didn’t have tomatoes but I guess that made it a BT.

I am so glad tomorrow is Friday and Marty will be home. Woo hoo!

My problem employee will be gone on the 19th. I am so excited.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kristie and I decided that sapphire doesn't look right so never mind.

If my alarm goes off tonight I'll open my bedroom door and yell sick 'em Killer. That'll scare anyone out of here. They'll never know its a little stuffed bunny. Ha!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1444362889|3936524 said:
Kristie and I decided that sapphire doesn't look right so never mind.

If my alarm goes off tonight I'll open my bedroom door and yell sick 'em Killer. That'll scare anyone out of here. They'll never know its a little stuffed bunny. Ha!

that sapphire is beautiful...for just a second on the video it looked clear and sharp. Could it be his photo skills that are lacking, not the stone?

How are you this morning? Yay for Marty being home today.

I have an exciting day of taking my little car in to be inspected and serviced.
Exciting because...a.] they have home-made pastry baked every day by the receptionist and b.] they are giving me a loaner to drive to the big mall just a mile away...oh yes...and c.] my salesman is really cute - like movie-star cute and fun to visit with.

I was so good yesterday. Did ALL the mowing, washed the car, cleaned both chicken coops : P
so today is the official day off.

happy day, dear NIRDIs :wavey:

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Girls,

I have to be short as this is the last day I have for packing before moving on Sunday. I somehow missed what is going on with Maggie.

Do not mention animals now as I am heartbroken, I doubt I have told you but my dogs are gone. They are with someone who is taking care of them temporarily hopefully until I find another place. Tuesday was horrible, you have no idea. I cried so much and felt so down. But I cannot take them where I go now Elie is a bloodhound and she needs space. I do not even want to talk about it and hope you do not judge me. They are well taken care of and I know that for now this is the best for them but that does not help my feelings at all. I remember Elie when I went with Samu after her and how happy she was and how she cried after me and Samu's big scaredy eyes. They are in the best hands with space they need that I cannot provide them now but something in me keeps wanting to solve this fast. I know I was only supposed to be a temporary home for them but that does not help. There is a lot in the background here why it had to be done this way but this is one of my worst moves during my lifetime.

I am also really unhappy with this situation and the future roommate I will have, I simply see no way of it working out there as much as this guy already annoys me but that will drive me to find a more permanent solution anyhow.

So enough about what is on my chest now, Missy, have you thought of involving local rescue? I always do that when an animal needs help. The best for those kitties would be if rescue trapped them and tried to find them homes. This is what I would work on. Only after all else failed, I would think of another solution, a pet sitting service is a great idea BTW but because they are outside, their lives are not safe right now.

It is true that sometimes we cannot help and that we cannot help them all but there is a lot that CAN be done if you want to try to help. Again think rescues. I would surely try.

My ulcer is driving me crazy, I feel awful, all the time like there is a lump in my throat and of course my digestive system is completely inflamed. But life goes on, I try not to care too much about temporary problems, just work on the future and solutions.

I need the bling and fun stuff here and I love hearing about your lives. :love: :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls. Just a quick hello as we are going on an early and short bike ride because we are seeing Greg's mother this afternoon for a late lunch out at our favorite diner and she lives 2 hours away. It will be a long drive and day. It is Greg's birthday by the way. Callie and Kristie he is your (soon to be!) age. LOL I cannot believe how close in age most of us are here.

Sunstorm, I am sorry you are dealing with so much and sending you lots of hugs and love and dust for a successful move and also reunion with your sweet fur babies. I hope you are feeling better soon sweetie. Sorry your ulcer is acting up. (((Hugs))).

Junie, thank you so much for your warm and supportive hugs. Right back at ya and sweet Zoe too. Thank you also for the pet sitting rec. I have a website and person I am going to contact to see if it is something we can do. I also contacted Best Friends NYC chapter and Alley Cats.org to emailed them with a request. I know all rescue groups are overwhelmed but I offered to donate as much money as I could if they could help socialize the tiny kittens. There is hope for the tiny ones if I can find someone to socialize them.

I hope your visit with your mom is going smoothly and that she is doing well.

Jimmianne, enjoy your day off. You deserve it! Hope the car inspection goes well.

Marcy, glad you did not go for that sapphire. Sorry you had a troubled sleep. You and I could have chatted last night as we were both awake very early and did not sleep well. Glad Marty is coming home today.

The gravity feeder and waterer came yesterday and we set them up. I saw Sammy eating from it right before dark last night so that's good. Only issue is will it actually work the way they say it will and will food keep coming down. I only filled it part of the way as we ran out of hard food but will get more tomorrow. There is plenty of hard left for all of the kitties till we replenish and I also need to get more wet food as the feral kitties are going through 5 cans of wet a day LOL. I wish I could feed them wet in the gravity feeder but it will only take hard food. Anyway most important is that they get food. Any food is better than no food. Please let this gravity feeder work right.

Attaching 2 new pics of Squirt. Did not see Sprite last night but saw Squirt trying to eat some of the wet food. He only was eating for a couple of minutes so not sure how much he got. :(
Then Sammy came and ate the rest of the wet food and some hard from the auto feeder. I could not get pics because it was getting darker and I did not want to scare him with the flash.

Have a good day girls. Off to ride and then off to meet my mother in law. (((HUGS))).

autofeederandwaterer.jpg

squirtatnight.jpg

squirtsosweet.jpg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh girls, I am so, so far behind. Have had a lot going inthe past few weeks. My stepfather had surgery.

Missy, I am so sorry about all the anxiety you have been having regarding the kitties. Completely understandable. Hopefully the feeding bowls with help in the coming weeks. is it possible to arrange for a pet sitter to drop in a few times per week to make sure the food and water are being dispensed properly? I think that would be a good solution as I am sure you will feel better if you know they are being fed. I'm sure youand Greg have been racking your brains trying to come up with soutions. Also are there any no kill shelters near the beach house? I have no idea how difficult it would be to trap a ferrel cat but it would seem to be difficult. I hope you have a great time with your mother in law today.

Marcy, Marcy, Marcy!!!! Please don't ever go wandering around the house after the alarm goes off. Lock yourself in your bedroom and wait for the police to arrive. You about gave me a heart attack reading your story. Seriously you need to do everything to keep yourself safe. I know I have said this a million times but why is it that none of these things seem to happen while our husbands are at home. Everything that can go wrong happens while they are traveling. I'm sorry Marty has been traveling so much lately.

Junebug, I'm so happy to hear you are safe and did as well as can be expected during the storms. I can image how worried you must have been worring about both houses. Worrying about one is hard enough. So much for having a nice relaxing vacation. I think you deserve a do over on this vacation! We're your son and daughter okay while you were in South Carolina? How has your mom been doing?

Jimmianne, Your home is beautiful, I love the wall of windows in your living room. So, so pretty. How has your daughter been? Did she receive her luggage? How are you adjusting to her being permanently in France?

Kristie, I hope you are having a great day. You are making strides with Finn and Maggie's diet. It's just a long slow process.

Sandstorm, I'm sorry to hear you have an ulcer. I was hoping everything would be calming down for you. Moves are always stressful.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I'm thinking the feeders will work ok, they look good! And I agree, some type of food is better than none… I'm encouraged that they're already eating from it. It's worth it to contact a few places to see if at least something can be done for the kittens, you never know, you might get lucky. I know this has just been so upsetting for you, and I empathize completely. This is a tough situation with no easy answer, please try not to be too hard on yourself - you're doing all you can and I hope you can find at least a bit of comfort in that. I'm continuing to send a steady stream of hugs to you, hang in there. You are such a wonderful person, with such a kind and caring heart.

I hope you have a really nice day spending time with Greg and getting together with his mother, and I'm wishing him a Happy Birthday!

Marcy, wow, your experience with the alarm must have been really frightening, so sorry you had to go through that! Needless to say, I'm glad it turned out to be just a glitch but I can understand feeling on edge about the whole thing. Glad to hear Marty will be home today and that you will be done with your employee soon :dance:

Jimmianne, I laughed when I read your line " I must buy something!" I know that feeling and I've been feeling the exact same way - would love to get a new sparkly. The yellow diamonds look lovely to me, you have a good eye for choosing stones! They would make beautiful earrings IMO. I think it's great you are looking into resizing your mother's ring…I adore it, it's one of the most beautiful rings I have ever seen and it would be wonderful if you could wear and enjoy it. Hope you have a successful trip to the jeweler. The pic of the hen and her babies is so cute I almost can't take it. Those tiny things are adorable. Enjoy your day off, you certainly do deserve it!

Sunstorm, I am so very sorry to hear about the situation with your dogs, I wish there was more I could say to comfort you but please try to remind yourself that for now it is the best solution for them, I know you will miss each other but it sounds like they are in the best possible place right now. I would never judge you, you are clearly so distraught about this and you have put their best interests ahead of your own feelings and that is a sacrifice on your part. So sorry your ulcer is flaring up, please take care of yourself and try not to worry too much. It's unfortunate that your roommate is already bugging you but hopefully you will be able to avoid him and as you said, it will inspire you to look for a more permanent home. I will be keeping you in my thoughts, I hope you are feeling better soon. (((hugs)))

Hope everyone is having a good Friday!

eta: Calliecake, we were posting at the same time lol - it's so wonderful to hear from you, yay! :appl: So sorry to hear about your stepfather's surgery, that is a very stressful thing for everyone and I hope everything went ok and he's recovering with no problems. Yes, I sort of agree with you, I don't know if it's fair to count my last two "getaways" as relaxing vacations! My son and daughter were in NJ while we were in SC and that was another source of anxiety for me, but luckily they made out fine and it just rained a lot for a day. Thanks for asking about my mother - she's doing ok overall, some days are better than others but luckily things are pretty much status quo.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Girls,

Missy those babies are dolls, love them, all of them including adult furbaby Sammy.:))) Yes, I meant rescue groups, I too donate, the cat rescues we have are better here, no one was willing to take the dogs that was why I fostered them and though I always used to be a cat person, it does not matter, I love them, Ellie is like a human, she also loves me more than anyone in the world so it really hurts.

The dogs are with a rescue lady that was moved to Hungary from Austria and she rescues cats and dogs. She is a very good person. I am sure she is right for them for now and I can visit anytime. Also they are not in a small space, Ellie turned out to be a purepred Hannover bloodhound and they need space. There was not a better solution because their and my safety come first and if I stayed here I cannot guarantee that. I had to make the hardest decision and because I could not find a place that was good enough for the long run and I may move farther I took something temporary. There still is a slight chance I can take the dogs there. The cats are coming. As it is I am afraid when there is a roommate because at least someone who knows animals knows how to not let them out, etc. So this part I feel good about.

Yes, my mom thinks I have an infection like salmonella on top of the acid reflux, this is possible. I do have something as my hair is coming out in chunks which scares me because I do not want to end up bald. My eyelashes are slowly growing back, this is how my body reacts to infection.

Callie thanks for asking about me. I do not want to come here and complain. No, things are not better at all, stress is still ongoing but listen I love certain things about my life and I am going on, still kicking and remaining strong. As I said life is beautiful and I still enjoy many things in it, such as my bling and diamonds, my work which is my passion, my friends, the people around me. That has to count. And of course I love the furbabies very much that is why the dogs are hard now. Work is fine, there is more excitement in the fall albeit more stress too with complicated custom orders but I love doing it. Sorry about your stepdad. I do hope everything else is fine.

Junie I am happy to hear from you and from all of you girls.

Better get back to packing and this weekend will be way too stressful because of the Sunday move and unpacking, I have absolutely no clue how I will accomplish that in one day but I must as tomorrow no sleep, Monday work, Tuesday lots of local things and Wednesday off to a five day trip. I cannot tell you girls how much I need to get away for a bit.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, how was your long day?

My car inspection day was long. Left here at 7:15am and got home at dark. They did many things to the car and I had a dog class at 3pm so they finally gave me a loaner and I drove home 45 minutes, changed to my other car at home, got Issy, went to class, then went home, switched cars again and went back to the dealer. Rush rush. When I got there they said the car was not ready and could I leave it until next nest week? NO, I CANNOT. Now to go back for the new tires one day next week, then take in the second car. It's a car-y time of year!

The leaves are just starting to turn. WIth the cooler weather today the change may be accelerated. How are the leaves in NY?

The feeders look great. You are working things out - proud of you for being both compassionate and resourceful.
Ugh, forgot to wish Greg a Happy Birthday yesterday, so a Belated Good Wishes, Greg!!! :appl:

Callie, thank you for house compliments. I am missing my daughter very much, but her happiness in messages and smiling photos on facebook help keep a perspective!
How is your stepfather doing?

Oh, June, whatever will we do with the "must buys" mind?! Buy, I guess LOL What kind of sparkly do you have in mind?
I found a terrific vintage setting design for my current Asscher and sent pictures to Caysie last night. You might say I am operating on all bling cylinders right now. JA seems to be having a problem actually sending the yellow diamonds, and GOG has not returned calls about an upgraded Asscher, so I have just moved on for now to the easier path where things flow.

Marcy, you need what I gave my Mom one time - a device that barks like an angry German Shepherd. Perhaps they make one that barks like a bunny! & Don't forget - bunnies have a powerful kick.

Thinking of you AZ. :wavey:

And hello to Orsi the great & good mover. Dust for a calm & happy day!

edit: I forgot to say that when I came home in the loaner car to get Issy for class I realized my house key was back at the car dealer - so I had to climb through the doggie door in my good clothes to get into the house. It makes me happy that I didn't get stuck mid-way through :lol:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Jimmianne, that sapphire does look like parts of it are clear. If it had more saturated colors I might send Dan some questions about it. I hate to hear your day out was rush, rush, rush. How was the cute salesman and were the pastries delicious? Did you buy something at the mall? Darn that you have to make more trips to have your car serviced. Marty drove my car this morning and the brakes are vibrating. Sigh. I might suggest he make an appointment and take it in if he’s ever home. Our dealer is 45 miles away though. Oh no about forgetting your key; I am glad you got in okay. Great idea to get a recording of a growling bunny. I like it.

Sunstorm, sorry you are in such turmoil over your move, new roommate and missing your furbabies. That is a lot on your plate. I hope everything settles down and works out for you soon. Hugs to you.

Missy, Happy Birthday Greg! How was lunch with your MIL? I hope one of those pet rescue groups can help out with the kitties. I almost sent you a text that morning the alarm went off. I knew you’d be awake after 6 your time. I was going to say you NIRDIs who gave me your cell phone number might regret it some time.

Callie, I hope your stepfather is doing well after his surgery. I know very well I should have stayed in our bedroom and locked the door when the alarm went off but I guess I have more guts than brains. I think that was what kept me awake the next night thinking what if it hadn’t been a bad sensor? I think Murphy’s Law adequately explains why things go wrong at the worst possible times.

Junebug, I can’t tell you how excited I am to be rid of that employee. I am shutting off his badge to our room first thing that Monday morning. Ha! Sorry your time at the beach wasn’t relaxing for you; I know you certainly deserve a nice relaxing getaway. I am glad your son and daughter didn’t have any problems while you were gone during the rain and flooding.

Marty got home about 7:30 last night. He’s napping on the deck right now.

We went out for breakfast, replaced the batteries in our smart keys and have been lazy every since. I finished a book and Marty cooked us burgers on the grill for lunch.

I hope you ladies are having a wonderful weekend.

Take care.
Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, a welcome home to Marty. I hope you slept better.
My dealer is about 35 miles away and takes about 45 minutes. The good thing is the location; near all the shopping one could ask for.

After trying for a month to find a coffee table I liked I stopped in the Habitat store - low & behold, they had a white lacquered table just made for my living room for $40! I got it home and discovered the label - it's from Crate & Barrel - so that made me happy. I once found a tiny antique Renoir etching at Habitat for $8. Signed in the plate, but still a treasure. I plan to hang it in my house in France :naughty:
Anyone else enjoy finding treasures at thrift stores?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Thank you for the birthday wishes for Greg. He wanted me to make sure you know he appreciated them! We had a good time with my MIL on his birthday and also enjoyed a nice bike ride early that day too.

Marcy! Please never hesitate to call/text me. Seriously. I am always happy to hear from any of my NIRDIs!!! Plus in that situation it might have made you feel better and I could have stayed on the phone with you till the police arrived and I would have convinced you to call them so next time CALL me OK?

Glad to hear Marty is home and resting and that you guys are having a relaxing weekend.

I am going to take your Audrey Hepburn quiz later. I love Audrey Hepburn. She was a wonderful woman and someone to look up to in so many ways with all the amazing humanitarian work she accomplished. Not to mention her movies. Oh I still count Breakfast at Tiffany's as one of my faves. That and Sabrina.

Jimmianne, Wow what a long day you had. Hope the car is all ready and as good as new for you. The leaves are changing and are beautiful around here though peak is not quite yet. I think a few weeks more. Still very petty around here and very crisp autumn air.

Haha you climbing through your window sounds like something I have done before but at work. There was a storm knocking out transportation and I was the first one to arrive to work (many years ago) and the office was locked. So I climbed through a window and then had to pick another lock there to get into the main office. LOL. I am from Brooklyn after all. :cheeky:

I love thrift shops and once bought a gorgeous 70's vintage dress at my favorite thrift shop (now sadly out of business) for a black tie affair at the museum of Natural History. I think I posted a pic of it here somewhere. Here it is. From 2013. Anyway this is one of the best purchases I have made from a thrift shop. Never worn either. It was not cheap but the thrift stores we love most are the expensive one. Hahaha what a surprise right?

Sunstorm, thank you. I am very sad and feeling down. I contacted 6 people who do rescue around my area (within 30 miles or so) and only 2 replied and both said they are unable to help. And one was rude about it too saying I should socialize them myself and step up to the plate.

Anyway I am very sad and leaving the kittens to fend for themselves now basically with the gravity feeder and waterer and Julio will feed them wet once a day for the days he is working at our house which is only for the next 2 weeks or so. We will try coming on weekends but cannot come every weekend and I have CE I must attend for Oct 23-25 so cannot make it at all that weekend and we really won't be able to make it back as often as I wish we could.

I hope you are feeling better Sunstorm!

Hi Junie, thank you for your kind words and hugs. I really needed them after that animal rescue woman was so mean in her email. I am very upset but I am just not cut out for animal rescue though at one time I thought I was. Trapping Blu convinced me I am not cut out for it. And we just cannot be here full time to make it work anyway. I am attaching more pics of the sweet kittens. Sammy is the first one and then Sprite who looks a lot like Sammy but with more white and then Squirt the tiniest one of them all. He/She is mostly gray.

I hope you are enjoying the weekend and glad to hear your mom is holding her own.

Callie, how is your sweet puppy today? I had a near heart attack when I found out what she did. Please let me know she is feeling better and doing well. And please update us about your stepfather. Did he do the rehab exercises at home? How did it go?

I hope you girls enjoy this Sunday. It's a beautiful crisp autumn day here. (((Hugs))).

sammysweethandsomebaby.jpg

spritesweetbaby.jpg

squirtsotiny.jpg

vintage70sdress.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful dress, Missy. The silhouette is elegant - probably because YOU are wearing it.
I love vintage clothing.
Lucky you have high-end thrift stores near you!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Columbus Day!

Thanks Jimmianne. Unfortunately this high end thrift shop closed last year. So we really don't have too many nice ones left around us anymore.

I hope you girls have a good Monday. :wavey:

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Miss that dress is gorgeous! I too adore vintage dresses but then it is not surprising as they fit our styles and we love antique jewelry and that style in general. I also love antique inspired jewelry and wear them with vintage dresses, I love black lace dresses and the like. We have nice vintage stores locally but they are very expensive. Sometimes you can go to cheaper ones and find something occasionally too though, of course the best are usually the most expensive.

Well, I know what you mean about rescues, when I started fostering the dogs I had the same issue but you really have to make a good impression on them, donate, volunteer, have some contacts or some rescue background, otherwise most will tell you to take a hike, really sad. For us nationally the best one is the cat rescue, they were the nicest about the dogs too. I am sorry you had such a bad experience with them. Perhaps you could trap the kitties, test and sp/neuter and find homes? I know this is not easy and you already have four but maybe a kitten would and could still get used to the rest of the gang. Sadly, most often when you rescue you can only rely on yourself or you have to really know how to communicate with them, not easy at all. I have been very disappointed too.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Friends---taking a quick break from nursing Westies to give a shout out to JA: Please don't turn your house keys over when you get your car serviced. Copies csn be made. This was a problem in CA. Just give ghem the car keys, okay? Love ya, JA!!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Happy Columbus Day!

Jimmianne, I did sleep better for 2 nights and tonight I will probably not sleep well. If that stupid alarm leaves me alone all week I should be fine. Thank you! That is nice you have good shopping near the car dealer. What a deal finding a coffee table from Crate and Barrel at the Habitat store. I didn’t think of them until the very last minute when I was cleaning out my parents house. They were able to come take 2 loads but I had the movers coming the next day so everything else went to the dump. It was all pretty picked over by then though.

Missy, I am glad Greg had a nice birthday. Thank you for offering to keep me company through a scary situation. I appreciate it. I think Audrey Hepburn was a very classy lady; or so she seemed to be. Of course you look beautiful and like a very classy lady in your vintage dress. Great find! I know you are worried and sad you can’t find anyone to help with the kitties. There is absolutely no excuse for that lady to be mean and rude to you. What is wrong with some people?

Sunstorm, are you getting settled in to your new place? When do you go on vacation?

Kristie, good point about handing over your keys to a dealer. I never think of these things. How are Finn and Maggie doing today?

Marty is in Albuquerque this week. The weather here is amazingly nice for October; makes me worry about Mother Nature getting even with us sooner or later.

I am down to 4 more days of my problem employee. I am so excited.

I am trying to find an EC garnet ring. I have one that is EW but I have decided I don’t like that style anymore. The EC is pretty elongated so I don’t think I’d like it remounted in something else. I have some EC garnet studs and pendant and keep wanting to wear them but I don’t like the ring. That would be one of the cheapest pieces of jewelry I’ve bought in a while.

Marty goes out of town and Marcy goes shopping online. It works for me.

Take care.
Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AZ, advice taken! How are your babies this morning?

Marcy, I'm glad to hear that you've gotten some sleep. I never would have bought a white lacquered coffee table new, but like shopping vintage, my style can be partially determined by what I find.lol

Back to the car dealer for tires this morning, then back there with my SUV tomorrow morning. Too much.
So - I bought the yellow diamonds, but the vendor won't send them until I convince them that I don't need a gemologist to look at them. I talked with another vendor about finding a larger Asscher and they never called or wrote back, and I asked for a quote from a PS designer who gave my contact and design info to her business person, who has not gotten in touch.
SO I take all that as a sign to shop locally. I've had issues before with the non-responsives. On the other hand for instance, SK called me as soon as I contacted him when I wanted work done, and I know my little setting was not a big deal to him, but he was very professional.

When I bought my SUV and little sports car I went to the nearby dealer. The salesman was dressed as though he had slept in his clothes and was talking like a used car dealer. I found a car I like and he had to get the specs on it - but never got back to me! I then went to another dealer where the salespeople were well-dressed and intelligent and no one tried to sell me anything. Very low-key and professional. To this day I love my dealership and trust my salesperson since when I was ordering the SUV he talked me out of some expensive options that he said I didn't need. SO. That is the kind of treatment I like when I am spending a lot of money. I am not going to pursue vendors to get them to sell me something.

end of rant!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls. It's a sad morning as my sister's beloved dog Harley just died. He was very sick for a long while and she did all she could to give him a good quality of life and now he is gone. She is devastated and there is no comforting her. She just lost her beloved son.

I also am sad for other reasons and you are all probably very sick of hearing about it but I feel the need to vent and share. We are in Brooklyn as of yesterday morning and here are pics from our security cameras of some visitors we now have in addition to the kitties. Raccoons,at least 2 different ones, a possum and goodness knows who else. The wet food was all gone by 5 PM last night so the kitties and the other wild animals made do with dry. Still waiting for Julio to get there to feed them wet but they won't eat while he is around so hopefully they will get the wet when he leaves. He is not at our house yet anyway.

Pics are as follows: Sammy top eating in the middle of the night (gotta love those infrared cameras), Squirt middle and Sprite bottom pic.

_34880.jpg

_34881.jpg

spriteeatingoctober122015.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, yay for only a few more days of problem employee. I hope you are sleeping like a baby and also yay for internet shopping. I have been doing some damage myself. Nothing like a few dresses and more boots to make one feel a little better though I admit it is not doing much for my mood these days. But at least we are helping the economy right? :cheeky:

Jimmianne, big hugs. I am sorry you went through all that. I hate high pressure sales and avoid them even if it is something I really want. Not worth the pressure. And I agree also about chasing vendors to spend our money. If they are not responsive I move on. There are plenty of diamonds/bling out there and no reason to work so hard to spend our hard earned money yanno? Cannot wait to see what you end up purchasing. I know it will be beautiful. :love:

How's your DD doing in France? How are French lessons going for you? We need our french updates please.

Sunstorm, hope your move is going well and I am thinking of you as always.

Kristie, you know I am sending healing vibes to sweet Maggie girl and Finn as well. I hope you all slept well without incident. Hugs and will chat with you later.

Sharing pics of a few of our overnight visitors last night. I sure hope the kitties are getting enough food. The possum and raccoons are pretty cute though. And the last pic is a 4th kitty, new to us, that has joined the group. Yes it is getting more impossible by the moment. I see no way clear to save all these kittens and yet I am still wracking my brain to figure out a better solution than what we have at the moment. :cry:

Last pic of sweet Harley. We will miss you sweet baby. You are at peace now and I know Billy will find you and take care of you at Rainbow Bridge. Love you.

possumeating.jpg

raccooneating.jpg

fourthkitty.jpg

sweetdearharleysummer2015.jpg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I am so sorry the racoon and possum also found the food meant for the kitties. I was going to mention this to you last week but didn't want to upset you anymore than you already were. I know where I live if we left food out the racoons would be here quickly and there would probably be a lot more than just one of them. I would be very nervous about having them hanging around as they are known to have rabies. My poor neighbor woke up to eight racoons hanging out on his deck a few years go. It seems if one gets fed they tend to bring their friends and families with them. Such sad news about your sisters furbabies. I feel terrible for her family. I can only imagine how heartbroken they must feel.

Kristie, How is sweet Maggie feeling this morning? Is Finn still adjusting well to his diet? After my fun weekend at the emergency vet it seems the Popsicle stick my sweet furbaby ate is working its way out of her system. Boy is she going to be disappointed when I quit giving her rice. I think she likes the rice more than her regular food. She sits in the kitchen just watching the stove when I make it for her.

Marcy, My credit cards also gets a good workout when my husband is out if town. My husband called to tell me I was getting a few packages delivered yesterday. I hate when he is notified by the shipping carrier. So much for keeping my purchases a secret. I ordered a few dresses but had to return three of them. I wish sizing was more consistent. It's gotten to the point where I kave no idea what size to even order anymore. I'm so glad you only have a few days left with your problem employee.

Junebug, I think after the last vacation you had a little retail therapy is in order. There are so many cute outfits in the stores right now.
My BIL is leaving for a golf trip in South Carolina this week. I sure hope it's not flooded where he is going. He seems to think my niece may be getting engaged this coming weekend. I guess she has said if she isn't engaged very soon she is moving back to our area. This ought to be interesting. How have your kids been?

Jimmianne, So are you still considering purchasing a home in France? Don't think you can slip a comment out and have us NIRDI's not notice. I hope it gets easier for you with missing your daughter. On the brightside at least you know she is happy.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Guys:

Missy, I am so sorry to hear the sad news about Harley. Your sister and her family were like angels to him. He knew he was loved every single day. I'm sorry for their loss. RIP Harley.

Love the security footage, thank you Greg or should we say, thank you Mr. Cinematographer!!! That raccoon is flat out FAT, look at that well fed little effer!!!! Missy, steel yourself in case he decides its Toga Party at your place tonight for all his pals :bigsmile: That's piss off the possum, they are not as sociable as raccoons.

Yesterday Maggie barfed three times after breakfast and Finn was looking pretty green around the gills too, so it was time to stop the metronidazole (drug for colitis in dogs). Today, no barfing, everyone is peppy and happy and playful. Poop-wise, Maggie's is super small now (the vet says on the home prepared diet the poop will be small because they don't have to eat a ton of kibble to get a tiny amount of nutrition=more waste product). Finn's is half and half and I'm happy for that right now :loopy: we'll take it.

Yesterday I totalled up the vet bills for the past 3 weeks: $2k. *#^%$(*@. That's a nice diamond/ruby or diamond/sapphire band right there, heehee.

So I went on-line (couldn't leave the house while I watched for barf and diarrhea) and did some damage and I'm here to tell you IT MADE ME FEEL BETTER. I don't care what people say, money CAN buy happiness and what it can't buy, IT CAN RENT! Horchow is having a sale (Hello Calliecake!) and I picked up a few things for the ol' casa house de estado maison. I was at Costco on Friday and lo and behold: Waterford Crystal, a large bowl! That sucker magically found its way into my basket :lol:

Sunstorm, I hope you start feeling better immediately, it sucks when an illness manifests itself in our appearance. Hugs to you regarding your dogs, that is going to work out and you'll feel better, I know.

Junie, I have been paying attention to the weather in SC and hoping you are spared. Climate change is really screwing things up, that's for sure. I hope your mom is chugging along without any UTIs or dehydration now.

Marcy, be sure to let us know how it goes when Mr. Millenial's key card gets changed, bwahahahahaha! When will that happen????

JA, your home is *lovely* and I'm not surprised because you have the most beautiful and aesthetic taste. SO cool found that table at Habitat, way to go :sun: Please tell me about that amazing chandelier you have, talk about jewelry for a room!!!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AZ, do you think fall makes us want more sparkly in our lives? Congrats on the Waterford bowl! That's a big sparkly.
The chandelier was in my Mom's dining room and I just had to bring it back from FL with me. She was a true lover of sparkly and I think she would be thrilled to know that I have it - maybe she does!

I'm very glad to hear that your dogs are doing better and feeling playful. Oh! those vet bills! :wall:

Missy, losing Harley is really a tragedy. What a good ol'boy - easy to see that from the photo.
Prayers tonight for him, and for your family. :((

DD has the flu and I've tried to navigate health care from here. So with the time difference I was up with her when I should have been sleeping. She felt too sick to go to the emergency room last night, but finally got to the doctor this morning so now I am feeling better LOL. Off to watch part of a movie with sparkling wine and a big salad.It will be an early night here tonight.

Goodnight NIRDIs, goodnight bling, goodnight wonderful, sparkly things!
wonderful-things-happen-when-you-believe-in-your-thing-520x313.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Missy, oh boy, I was worried other critters would catch on and start showing up - but it looks like the kitties are still able to eat. It's pretty cool that you can see what's going on at the beach house. I know this idea isn't perfect by any means, but it's certainly better than nothing at this point. I think it's terrible that woman was so rude to you, she was out of line being so nasty and there was absolutely no reason for it. :angryfire: I mean seriously, it isn't even possible since you don't even live there full time. I truly understand how worrisome this is for you, I will also keep thinking about it and try to come up with some alternative. Please don't beat yourself up, you are doing all you can. (((hugs)))

And I am so very sorry to hear about Harley ;( , my heart goes out to your sister, her family, and everyone who knew and loved him. Losing a beloved pet is just so difficult and painful, all of you are in my thoughts.

You look SO lovely in that dress!

Jimmianne, sorry to hear about not hearing from the vendors; I just can't imagine why they don't respond. It is certainly frustrating and I would move on too. Please keep us posted as to your current bling thoughts lol

Congrats on finding a table! And yes, your mother's chandelier is fabulous, it takes my breath away!

That's a shame your dd is ill! Glad she made her way to the ER and I'm sure she'll be on the mend soon. I know you must miss her terribly, but it is some comfort that she is having a good time.

Sunstorm, you certainly have a lot going on and I'm so sorry about all the stress and physical issues you're having. You also have some good things going on and I hope they bring you some happiness. thinking of you as you move, talk about stress! You will get through it, hang in!

Oh my gosh Callie, I'm so glad to hear your fur baby is doing ok, what a scary experience! It's so adorable that she loves rice. Yes, I think you're right, a little retail therapy just might be in order! Thanks for asking about my kids - daughter is doing well, very busy with student teaching and attending classes - my son is still very confused unfortunately as to a career choice but is working part time right now - so both are still trying to get established, but on the plus side they are both good people lol. I hope your BIL makes out ok in SC, not all areas were affected. How exciting that your niece might be getting engaged! Let us know what happens.

Oh wow kristie, sounds like you have had your hands full with sick doggies; what a tough time you must have had. I'm really happy to read they're feeling better, what a relief. Sorry about the vet bills though, I know how that is. When I would come home from the vet and start to tell my husband how much it cost, he would hold his hands up and say "don't even tell me, I don't wanna know!"

As usual you made me laugh…*money can buy happiness, and what it can't buy it can rent* - OMG so funny! And so true!!! Congrats on the Waterford bowl, it sounds gorgeous.

Thanks for thinking of my mother - yep, I've been plying her with decaf tea and cranberry juice so we're good on both those fronts lol!

Marcy, sorry Marty is away all week - but I'm glad to hear the weather is nice where you are, and hopefully the week will go by quickly. I'm sure some retail therapy will help! I love garnets, I hope you find one you love. Yay for almost being done with your employee :dance: ! let the countdown begin lol.

Guess I'll call it a night, feeling pretty worn out - some family stuff going on that has been stressful - and we all know how well I handle stress :roll: I will fill you all in soon though!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HAPPY BIRTHDAY dear Callie!!!!

I hope you have a lovely day and we are sending you lots of NIRDI love and hugs! We wish we were there with you in person but know that our hearts and thoughts are with you today! Have a wonderful birthday sweetie. (((HUGS))).

Sending you 2 birthday cakes since I am not sure which you would prefer. This way you have choices. Choices are good. :appl:

birthday-cake-candles.jpg

icecreamcake.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, I am sorry you sweet DD is ill and I hope she is feeling much better soon! Sending healing vibes her way. Please let us know how she is doing. I am so glad she was able to make it to the doctor this morning. The time difference is challenging I know.

Junie, I am glad your dd and son are doing well and things will all work out. Yay for your dd teaching and working. That takes dedication.Your son has time to figure it all out and in the meantime he is working part time so that is good news. It doesn't surprise me they are both good people I mean look at you! And I am glad your mom is hydrating. Decaf tea and Cranberry juice, that works!

I'm sorry you are dealing with stressful family issues. Sending lots of ***DUST*** your way.

Kristie, as always I am thinking of sweet Finn and dear Maggie and sending love and healing vibes their way. Yes, money can certainly help in the happiness department no matter what some people say. Glad you bought a lovely Waterford bowl. Costco rocks!

Callie, please keep us posted re your niece. How exciting she might be getting engaged!

Sharing some more kitty pics. Sprite and Squirt eating together. How sweet is that? And then Mr Possum made an appearance last night and fortunately the kitty left soon after. At least they are smart enough to leave. I am worried about the raccoons but hoping the cats stay out of their way. I purchased another auto feeder last night due to arrive Thursday just to make sure they have enough dry food with all the animals that appear to be eating the food now I just had to make sure. Trying not to let it stress me so much but it is hard. We all know I am good at one thing and unfortunately that is worrying. But trying to do the best I can under difficult circumstances.

Have a good day girls and once again a very happy birthday to our own dear Callie.
HUGS to you all.

spriteandsquirt.jpeg

sammyandpossum.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Birthday, Callie! :appl: :clap: :dance:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy,

I don't know much about wild animals but I always heard possem were mean. It really surprised me that Sammy didn't take off when the possem arrived. I love seeing these pictures! I hope you are feeling better and are relaxing with Greg. It doesn't sound like today was a very pleasant day at work. I know your patients are seldom the problem so I am assuming it has to do with the electronic charting or the wonderful man that runs the clinic. Hugs. Thank you for the birthday wishes. It was a pretty uneventful day. I talked to a few old friends tonight so that was nice. I will keep you posted on my niece. I spoke to my SIL tonight and she seems to think they will be getting engaged very soon. I can't wait to hear all about her ring!

Marcy, I have the same thoughts you do regarding our weather. We have had the most beautiful fall. It frightens me what is in store for us this winter. Have you had frost yet? My potted plants look beautiful which is very unusual for this time of year. Normally they never make it past September. An EC garnet sounds so pretty. Have you found the one you want to purchase?

Jimmianne, I'm so sorry your daughter isn't feeling well. Luckily your daughter was able to see a doctor today. It has to really be hard to hear she is sick and not be able to help her. Is she feeling better now?

Kristie, I hear you on the vet bills. They do add up quickly. At least Finn and Maggie seem to be moving in the right direction. It is always so much fun being on poop patrol. Thank you for letting me know about the rice. It's good to know I was doing something right. It is my fault she ate the Popsicle stick to begin with.

Junie, I'm sure your kids are good people. They have you for a mom so how could they not be! Try not to worry to much about your son. My husband didn't figure out what he wanted to do until he was around 25. Does your daughter still live at home? I'm sorry things have been stressful with your mom. How is little Zoe?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results