shape
carat
color
clarity

Novel has her dress!

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
I went to Kleinfeld today. I live in New York and had been to five other salons, and finally gave in and went to the mothership. I was worried about it being snooty and out of my price range, and I was worried about being the wrong kind of bride, since I'm having a backyard wedding and I'm not into anything sparkly (besides rings!) or particularly luxe.

Well, I had an amazing time. My consultants were SO nice and completely got me. I tried on probably ten dresses and by the time I got to the one I bought, had amassed an amazing (and ridiculously expensive) headband and a mauve ribbon belt that I was using with every dress. There was one Alita Graham I really liked, and thought "I could get married in this" about, but then I put on the Alita Graham below... and that was it. I just kept saying over and over "it's so pretty!". It will fit perfectly in my aunt's yard and I think FI will love it. I felt so comfortable and so pretty in it... and then I kept petting it and referring to it as "she"!

And the best part: it was a sample and fit like a glove. Someone had ordered it and then not wanted it when it came in, so I ended up with 33% off and it's basically never been worn - it was pristine. I could not have afforded it otherwise, and it will save me on alterations, since hopefully now all I'll need is a bustle and hemming. I sent it to my mother's house out of state to cut down on the chances that FI will see it or one of my kitties will shred it. And to save on sales tax :naughty:.

The top is pleated lace and the bottom is lace with these fringy roses sewn on top of it - I don't really know how to describe it. I'll probably have my sister make me an ivory or champagne belt, instead of the mauve, but I'm totally going to have to find a cheapy knockoff headband, because I love it.

Pics! Excuse my amazing face blocking out. Skilled, no?

IMG_3649 - Copy.JPG

IMG-20111013-00018 - Copy.jpg

IMG-20111013-00022 - Copy.jpg

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, and I saw a SYTTD being filmed. It took a good four hours. Randy is teensy in real life and wow was that MOB wearing a lot of makeup. I also saw more than one woman wearing a dress someone should have talked her out of (mullet skirt - which can be good now and then - with tight silvery satin and boob beading and a giant hair feather). Also, tourists would walk in with their teenage daughters and stand in the lobby to stare. It was a little otherworldly.

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like a pretty cool experience (even with the lobby tourists...)

The dress is beautiful and you look beautiful in it! I think the flowers will fit in perfectly at your backyard wedding.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
The lobby tourists were actually one of my favorite parts. While I was waiting for my appointment, a mom came in with her 20-something daughter, who seemed like she may have been mentally disabled. She was so excited to see the show being filmed and to see the consultants around, and it was really nice to watch her get to actually be in a place she watches on TV.

Thanks! :bigsmile:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I love the roses :love:

You look just amazing in it.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, SO unbelievably elegant and romantic. The PERFECT wedding dress. :appl:

wwmd8118

Shiny_Rock
BEAUTIFUL!!! It looks amazing on you, too!! I went to Kleinfeld too and had a great experience, although I didn't buy my dress there. Definitely somewhere worth checking out, though. Congrats on the big purchase!!! :appl:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
beautiful dress and congratulations on finding your dress!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE this dress on you. Perfection. Good find! :appl:

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
My favorite kind of dress. I love it! How wonderful that you had such a good shopping experience.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
question...did you take these pics at Kleinfeld? I thought they were pretty strict about no pics? (which I think is ridiculous)

LittleRiver

Shiny_Rock
I love it!

Thanks for the feedback re: Kleinfeld, too.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, everyone! I'm so, so thrilled with it. Thank you for all your lovely comments! I'm glad you guys like it as much as I do :appl:

slg47|1318601108|3040196 said:
question...did you take these pics at Kleinfeld? I thought they were pretty strict about no pics? (which I think is ridiculous)

Yup, they're really strict about it. But, I wouldn't buy the dress without my mom seeing it, so they offered to put me on the webcam and she could see me there. She wasn't by her computer (was actually on the way to the airport) and my consultants were very cute about it. They told me that they were leaving me in the dressing room for a couple minutes and they hoped when they came back that we'd figured out a way to show my mom the dress. The dress was such a steal, but I couldn't buy it without my mom at least seeing it, so it was sweet of them to help me make sure she did. I think, also, once I had bought it, they would have let me take pictures with it on. By chance the Kleinfeld photographer took some pictures of me in it, too, so I hope I can get a copy of those... even though I'll have pro pics in it soon enough!

pandora21524

Rough_Rock
It's beautiful! Funny, I was there yesterday too, late in the day (similar to you, I live in the city and was resisting going but finally gave in after visiting several other salons). I was also pleasantly surprised with the experience because I had been there once before with a friend, and her consultant was incredibly rude about her budget and style preferences. So I was a little apprehensive, but it turned out that my consultant was super nice and found me some really beautiful dresses within my budget. My opinion of Kleinfeld's is vastly improved :)

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
pandora21524|1318607592|3040260 said:
It's beautiful! Funny, I was there yesterday too, late in the day (similar to you, I live in the city and was resisting going but finally gave in after visiting several other salons). I was also pleasantly surprised with the experience because I had been there once before with a friend, and her consultant was incredibly rude about her budget and style preferences. So I was a little apprehensive, but it turned out that my consultant was super nice and found me some really beautiful dresses within my budget. My opinion of Kleinfeld's is vastly improved :)

That's so funny! I wonder if we were there at the same time! I'm glad you found some things you like there!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful dress.. I love it on you!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous dress. You are going to be a stunning bride. Congratulations!

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous dress, Novel! Perfect for an outdoor wedding. It looks amazing on you. And 33% off, no alterations needed? It was meant to be! :appl:

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, Portia, KaeKae, and OUPeargirl (and anyone else I missed!). I also think it was meant to be and am thrilled! I'm hoping to lose a little weight (I'm over my normal from recovering from a major accident the last 7 months) so I hope it'll have to be taken in slightly, and it'll need to be hemmed, but that is it!! I'm so excited!!!! :appl: :appl:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
great dress1

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I'm a bit late to the party but I love the dress. The flower skirt detail is PERFECT for a garden wedding :appl:

Congrats on finding the dress. It's beautiful! I especially like the flower detailing.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! And perfect for a garden wedding!

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely love the detailing.. I wont lie, I am super jealous about your trip to Kleinfields!

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much, ladies! I'm so excited about it. I wish I could put it on every day! I suppose it wouldn't look too good by the time July comes around, then, though...

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
Seriously, a beautiful dress! Congratulations on a fabulous find and a great deal on it!

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
That dress is stunning and fits you beautifully! Congratulations!

Divine. Totally beautiful!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous Novel! Beautiful bride!!

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Mrs. Wahs, Blacksand, Future Mrs. Sterling, and Pack! I keep being worried I'll get dress regret, and then I come back to this thread and just stare!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results