shape
carat
color
clarity

nothing went as planned, but at least we''re married!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Wow you got one thing right! You were an absolutely gorgeous bride that day ;-)

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I am so glad you enjoyed the day still in spite of the quirks! Everything looked gorgeous!
30.gif
I especially love your gown, so beautiful. Congrats and best wishes to you and Mr. CJ!
4.gif

hthip

Rough_Rock
CrownJewel - I''ve been wondering if you got your dress it in time! It looks like it fit you perfectly.

You made a very pretty bride. Love the hair and centerpieces.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous pix!! CONGRATS!!! And you looked soooooo very lovely! Man I love that dress too.

They say rain is lucky??? Would have loved to see the missing veil ---- but WOW, the flower looked great by its lonesome!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Lovely pics- it looks like it was a wedding to remember!

CONGRATS

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
SUCH a beautiful bride!! The pictures are stunning and oh lord....that DRESS! :)

Congratulations on gettin hitched girl!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it all looks great! You are beautiful and you both look so happy.

Gwyn

Brilliant_Rock
I love how in your descriptions you talk about the downfalls but your face in the photos is joyful. It is great seeing people have fun and enjoy themselves regardless of the haps around them. I hope on my wedding day I can be as cool-headed as you.

PS you look gorgeous in those photos I love your hair, especially the swept bangs!.

PPS You clutch that champagne!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
You are absolutely glowing in all photos; no funny faces do I see! The location was very romantic, your dress (Dora?) was perfect for you, your DH is a cute teddy bear of a guy; and it appears that you had a lot of fun at a wonderfully unstuffy wedding. I''d say things turned out ''perfectly''. Congratulations!

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
Oh well, these things happen. That''s what life is like, why should even the best planned wedding be any different.

My wedding didn''t run like clockwork, but it was lovely and fun and memorable. That must be good luck because 6 years later, we are still blissfully happy.

Everything looks totally beautiful and you look like an angel.

36.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I LOVE your pics, CJ!!! You were such a gorgeous bride, and your hubby is a cutie too!!! Congratulations!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Wow, you look stunning! Sorry about all the craziness but everything looks so gorgeous, I think people will remember that more than anything. Congratulations!!!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Despite the craziness, it looked as though everyone at your wedding had a fantastic time! I love love love your dress!!
30.gif
I love the flower piece in your hair too...and if you dont mind me asking, where did you get it from? Your hubby looked amazing too! Congratulations on tying the knot!! :)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry that so many things spun out of control, but honey you look so BEAUTIFUL and happy and every detail I see looks just stunning. I love your dress on you, and your hair flower, and the cake, and your handsome groom! Congrats Mrs. CrownJewel! I hope you had a really good time and know you''ll have memories to last a lifetime together.

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
OH NO! Your wedding pictures have plunged me back into dress indecision. You look so wonderful and floaty and happy in that dress... maybe I want one.

Also, your tables? Awesome. Congratulations!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
oh my gosh! many many thanks to everyone for your compliments!

Sabine - thanks! You know, I tend to be overly critical of myself but wearing that dress is one thing that I cannot complain about. I am so in love with the dress. Even as I look at the photos of our wedding, I can''t help thinking - "it''s CRAZY how much I love that dress!"

Kimi!!!! I''ve missed you. I have been so busy with wedding planning. I want to hear about your teaching adventures!! Thanks for your compliments. I must have been deliriously happy, because I pretty much let all those "oops" moments slide. I''m amazed that I didn''t freak out about them. I think the champagne also helped.

blondebunny - aw thank you lady! I also have plans to throw a "wedding party" where everyone comes dressed in their old wedding gowns and tuxes. Maybe it''ll be an annual event. It also serves as motivation to stay in shape!

jules -
5.gif
thank you! It was a lot of work and stress, but I must say that it was worth it.

swimmer - thank you. Love the babies in your avatar!

jewelerman - Thanks! I''m glad it looks like a classic wedding because it was the most unconventional wedding I''ve ever experienced!!! Haha! An interfaith couple, being married by a Rabbi who left his synagogue so that he could help interfaith couples get married, the day before one of the biggest holidays of the Jewish calendar!!

DeeJay!! - thank you thank you! Cheers! Bring on the champagne!

ILove - you are so kind. I''m blushing.
5.gif
Thank you for the compliment.
1.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
CrownJewel - Congratulations! Sorry that your day did not go as planned and it may not be consolation but you look incredible - stunning even- on your wedding day and the pictures make it look as though it was a fabulous and fun day, despite the hiccups.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Wow I just realized that in my original post, I said my wedding date was 9/29. NOooooo!! It was Sunday 9/28. I better get that straight before our anniversary.

SarahLoves - thank you for your wishes. How are things with you? I'm sorry I've missed out on your recent updates. Must go through the dusty archives to catch up.

hthip - Thanks! All worked out fine with the dress! I loved the way it fit. I have yet to see a photo of the bustle that we eventually made during the reception. I was wondering if it turned out ok. I don't think you ever showed us photos of your dress!!! Or maybe I missed them?

deco! -
36.gif
thank you! Maybe for our anniversary we can have more photos taken, with the birdcage veil. That will give me another excuse to wear my dress again.
2.gif
yeah, stupid rain. Everyone kept trying to reassure me that in their culture (there were many at our wedding) rain is lucky. Well, I guess they were right because we survived and are very very happy. It all worked out.

Charger - thank you! haha...yes a crazy wedding to remember.

October - aaaaaaaah! I love that dress. I love your dress too. I cannot WAIT to see your wedding photos and shots of you in that Reem Acra. You better post them ASAP!!

diamondfan - well you are a woman of exquisite taste and style, so I am very honored to receive your compliments. Thank you!

Gwyn -
2.gif
the key to staying cool during such a stressful day is having your best friends with you, photographers who make you feel comfortable, and CHAMPAGNE. When your day comes, I am quite sure you'll be just as cool and calm. Just remember - drink. (<----- so terrible of me!
38.gif
)

Holly - you are very kind. I didn't post any of my goofy faces - there are many. Photographers must get frustrated with me. I'm am lucky to get one good face out of 30 photographs. It was very important to me to have an "unstuffy" wedding!! That's a great way of putting it. I'm so so SOso happy it was conveyed in photos.

MishB - oh thank goodness there is someone else who had a "full of surprises" wedding. I am looking forward to 6 years of bliss! Thank you for your reply.

Dani - thank you! Husband is a cutie!! We've been trying to get used to our new "titles". So I call him husband and he calls me wife. "Hi husband! How was your day?" It's funny.

lliang - :) thank you. Don't be sorry. I'm starting to get over the craziness. I'm going back to thinking of the whole thing as funny. Funny. Repeat.
9.gif

kama - DH and I looooooove Family Guy!! Sometimes I swear their writers must be on crack. Anyway, thanks! I got the hair flower from Dulken & Derrick. Right now they're in the process of moving their shop so the best thing to do would be to call the phone number on their website. http://www.flowersinthecity.com/

Gypsy - can you believe it? We're married ladies! It was so lovely planning my wedding with your help. Congrats to you too!

pjean - Dora is well loved on this forum. Don't let me enable you - but karasue and jas12 also have some beautiful shots of the same dress from their weddings. Heehee...but you know, no enabling going on here!!! I'm gonna go look for your dress now.

Thanks everyone for checking out my photos. I'll try to post more if I find any good ones. I want to show you the bridesmaids dresses and the flowers.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
sparkalicious - yay! thank you! I am grateful for your comments. The hairstylist and makeup artist were magicians. They were AMAZING. I don''t think you can tell from these photos, but I had at least two enormous pimples and an allergic rash on my eyelid. And I only slept about 4 hours the night before.

Let''s just say that I am VERY glad I didn''t decide to do my makeup by myself.
1.gif

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
OMG crown, i have been checking every day just to see if you had posted yet!!! you looked absofreakinglutely STUNNING. dora looked AMAZING on you!!!! and it fit you perfectly!!!!!!!!! oh i am so happy the dress turned out so perfectly. your hair looked gorgeous, i adore the flower, it was the perfect size and perfectly placed in the right spot in your hair. i love the bangs too....getting a hair cut this weekend and considering some similar bangs...

your non-pro pics look fantastic, i can''t WAIT to see the pro pics!! your centerpieces were beautiful too, the teapots are adorable. congratulations, you and CH look so insanely happy.

did you guys take a honeymoon? i can''t remember if you had plans to go away?

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
oh my lovely kara!! I''ve missed you! Were you on your honeymoon? CrownHusband is in business school so we are stuck here until the end of the semester, or the end of the year depending on his internships and job search. Therefore, no honeymoon planned yet. At this point, I don''t even care where we go as long as it is far from school and work.

I''m excited for the pro shots too. Here''s a fun shot of CH, taken by his photographer brother, Aleksey Bochkovsky and his wife Alena Zhukova. I hope it''s ok with the photographers that I post this.
12.gif

ballandchain_bochkovsky2.jpg

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Crownjewel, you looked amazing!! I''m so sorry it rained on your parade, but everything else looked gorgeous!!
I can''t wait to see more pictures!!
36.gif

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
and for lily, or others who want to see what Whole Foods did for the bridesmaid bouquets: (red and dark pink roses, hypericum berries, purple limonium, and dark pink mini callas)

My little sister is holding my bouquet (which wasn''t what I was hoping for, but turned out beautifully anyway):

356808784603_0_BG.jpg

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/3/2008 1:46:45 AM
Author: miraclesrule
Crownjewel, you looked amazing!! I''m so sorry it rained on your parade, but everything else looked gorgeous!!
I can''t wait to see more pictures!!
36.gif
thanks miraclesrule!! Congrats to you and your daughter!

hthip

Rough_Rock
You didn''t miss them. I haven''t posted any photos. First Jas12, then Kara, and now you all all look GORGEOUS in the Dora! Too much pressure for me to post.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I absolutely love the picture of you all returning back inside. You both look so incredibly happy. I really hope that my photographer can catch a moment like that at my reception. It really shows what the entire day is all about!!

Congratulations and Best Wishes!!
36.gif

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/3/2008 2:14:35 AM
Author: hthip
You didn''t miss them. I haven''t posted any photos. First Jas12, then Kara, and now you all all look GORGEOUS in the Dora! Too much pressure for me to post.

I felt the pressure too! But however I looked in the dress, I didn''t care because it felt so fun to wear. When it''s all fitted properly and you''ve got hair and makeup done, and your FI looks handsome in his tux ... everything just feels great. :)

You don''t have to feel pressure to post, but if you need any help please ask away! You know I had quite the adventure getting my dress. When do you get your gown?

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
hi meresal - I love that photo too. And it was taken by a friend!

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/3/2008 1:43:19 AM
Author: CrownJewel
oh my lovely kara!! I''ve missed you! Were you on your honeymoon? CrownHusband is in business school so we are stuck here until the end of the semester, or the end of the year depending on his internships and job search. Therefore, no honeymoon planned yet. At this point, I don''t even care where we go as long as it is far from school and work.

I''m excited for the pro shots too. Here''s a fun shot of CH, taken by his photographer brother, Aleksey Bochkovsky and his wife Alena Zhukova. I hope it''s ok with the photographers that I post this.
12.gif
hahaha that photo is hilarious with the ball and chain!!!

we did go on our honeymoon and it was wonderful. lately i''ve just been lurking around here looking at pics and stuff, and in ATW on debate nights. those threads get rough but its fun to read people''s comments are basically the same as my own as the debates are going on.

so was there any more drama with getting your dress from WA??

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
well no further drama with acquiring the dress or fitting it. But I called today to tell them I wanted to drop off my dress for the cleaning. When I bought my dress last year, I was told the alteration fee was a flat fee that included cleaning and pressing. Today I was told that is not true. So cleaning costs $150 and if I want it cleaned and preserved, it costs $450. They said that if it was in the contract, they would honor it, but apparently they checked and it''s not in my contract. Ugh. Does it really need to be preserved??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results