shape
carat
color
clarity

nothing went as planned, but at least we''re married!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
After 8 years of dating, we finally got married this past Sunday 9/29/08. I could write a whole list of everything that went wrong, but I''ll try to keep it to a minimum. But for now - here are some non-pro photos taken by some of our guests. Our professional photos will be ready in about 2 weeks. Actually I saw one pro photo of CrownHusband and it''s fantastic. I just have to ask for permission to post it.

The outdoor ceremony setup (before the rain).

754117784603_0_BG.jpg

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
The ceremony was to start at 11:30AM. It was drizzling around 9AM but had stopped by 11:30. I got a call from my mom at 11:30, "so are you all ready? Well, we''re stuck in traffic but we''re on our way."

By the time we started around 12:15 the rain started again. We were stubborn and proceeded outdoors anyway. After the readings, the rabbi kinda urged us to move inside. Here''s a photo of me looking up at the sky, as if to say, "haha...just great"
7.gif

310394249605_0_ALB.jpg

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
So we moved everyone back inside. Somehow the guys got the chuppah through the doors. This photo may look a little scary because I blurred everyone''s faces.

616387784603_0_BG.jpg

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
We got through the ceremony alive! And eventually got to the first dance (to Queen "Crazy Little Thing Called Love").

327722249605_0_ALB.jpg

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooh more more!! Sorry to hear about the weather!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
We had lost so much time because my parents were late, that I didn''t have my dress bustled for most of the reception, and I also had this super cute birdcage veil that I totally neglected. So I ended up holding my dress for about 3/4 of the reception.

Also, notice me clutching my champagne flute in every photo.

503765249605_0_ALB.jpg

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Here we are lifted up in our chairs for the hora. CrownHusband says the guys who were holding his chair were very happy to put his chair back down.

330522249605_0_ALB.jpg

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
My bridesmaids put together the favor boxes. A package of green tea (my fave) a package of earl grey (Husband''s fave) and our favorite cookies (Madeleines). I bought the teapots from Crate & Barrel and Whole Foods arranged the flowers. I made those cute table numbers (well, sister glued it together with my direction). The candleholders I bought during a sale at Pfaltzgraff. All the centerpiece elements (teapots and candles and candleholders) were gone before my bridesmaids could save some some!!

795484249605_0_BG.jpg

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Flowers in the teapots

898255249605_0_BG.jpg

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
we went outside for a few too many photos. This is us coming back in for the cake cutting I think.

978062249605_0_ALB.jpg

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
cake

378465249605_0_BG.jpg

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
oops. that was CrownHusband making a funny face. now here''s me making a funny face at the cake, just so we''re even. I was so happy with our cake. Chocolate cake with mocha mousse covered in fondant leaves.

219945249605_0_ALB.jpg

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
There are very few of me making normal faces. I tend to have a look of ridiculousness on my face 98% of the time. Here''s a normal one after we finished our cake. I made the men''s boutonnieres! Aren''t they cute?

163688784603_0_BG.jpg

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
I bought a silk flower from Dulken & Derrick and my hair stylist stuck it in my bun. It was supposed to be floaty but I think it got squished so my hairstylist used eyelash glue to arrange it. I loved the way it ended up.

823652249605_0_ALB.jpg

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s another shot of it. I met the woman who is running Dulken & Derrick now. She''s so nice and we talked briefly about me redesigning her website. That would be so cool if she were actually serious about it.

158625249605_0_ALB.jpg

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
I hate blurring out people''s faces, but just in case my friends don''t want their faces on the internet... Here we are chatting with our friends as we make the rounds.

752045249605_0_BG.jpg

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
I love this photo because we were taking a group shot with my high school friends and everyone is looking at the camera except us.

549765249605_0_BG.jpg

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
This picture is amazing!!!

I love how your hair came out. Your dress is stunning.

I am still trying to figure out exactly how everything went wrong when it looks so perfect
9.gif

ETA: I am talking about the photo above my post btw.

Lill_The_Thrill

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations to your marriage! You guys look beautiful! I love your dress..
31.gif

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Other "horror" stories of the day: my uncle who was supposed to direct the tea ceremony showed up waaaaaaaaay late, so as I looked up from kneeling on the pillow I saw my friend walking towards me with a bewildered look on her face. My mom designated her as the new tea ceremony director.

I made the menu cards, seating cards, programs the day before the wedding. Less than 12 hours before the wedding my poor bridesmaids were helping me strip thorns off my roses. I didn''t have time to give anyone instructions on how to build the chuppah, and my bridesmaids refused to let me do it myself the morning of...so the chuppah didn''t turn out anything like I had planned.

So many things went wrong...but Husband says that the wedding was very us - meaning - a little bit of everything with a dash of silly. The rabbi and a good friend said, "no one will ever forget your wedding." Which is good and bad all at the same time.

Oh, as I was walking towards the chuppah, my veil got caught on the stone steps and my head got yanked back. That was...kinda funny. I laughed when it happened and truly thought it was funny. But as I''m thinking about it now...not so funny.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks bee!! You know...you started the Sedarby craze on PS. It got me thinking hm, maybe I should do a search for some fancy shoes too, for comfort''s sake. I ended up running out of time (surprise, surprise
20.gif
) and couldn''t find any manolos in my size. So I just wore my 4" Alisha Hills. I had gel inserts, strappy things to secure the heel strap, and anti slip pads on the bottom of the shoes.

They ended up being so comfortable. I had them on all day, ran around in them and didn''t have to take them off until like 10 hours after I put them on.

Even after it all though...I''m going on a search for manolos in my size. But I hear it is hard to find an equivalent to a US size 4.5?

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
thanks keepingthefaith! You are so sweet. The hairstylist and makeup artist were both fantastic. They transformed me and my bridesmaids.

My dress so was awesome!!! Thanks to jas12 and karasue for all their help in picking this dress. I felt so great in the dress, and it was so fun to wear that I did NOT want to take it off. Haha. Even DH''s groomsmen commented on how much they liked the dress!

The dress was one of my favorite things about the wedding. Hee.
9.gif

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Aw thanks Lil!! I told DH that I plan on wearing my dress often. He was like, "and where exactly do you think you''ll be wearing it to?" I said, "well don''t you have fancy events for school and work? I can wear it to those. And I can wear it around the apartment as I do dishes, or mop."
20.gif

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Everything looks so lovely! Dora is just so perfect on you! Sorry about the weather!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
CJ, it sounds like yours is a wedding that will be remembered, and I''m so glad you have a sense of humor about things that didn''t go as planned...it''s sorta the way life works out sometimes. Congratulations to you and MrCrown on your marriage! You look deleriously (sp?) happy, truly!

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/1/2008 5:36:45 PM
Author: CrownJewel
Aw thanks Lil!! I told DH that I plan on wearing my dress often. He was like, ''and where exactly do you think you''ll be wearing it to?'' I said, ''well don''t you have fancy events for school and work? I can wear it to those. And I can wear it around the apartment as I do dishes, or mop.''
20.gif
HAHA LOVE it!! Everything looks like it was soo pretty!!! Love the table settings, and your dress was gorgeous!! Id def be wearing it anywhere I could :)

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh! You two look so happy and darling.

I love the dress, the hair, the location! Eventhough things didn''t turn out exactly as planned, It looks amazing to me!

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
You look so happy and in love! Gorgeous, way to run with it and have an awesome day!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
the wedding was classic and beautiful!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Crown! You are a beautiful bride and you and Mr. Crown make a lovely couple. I wish you many many years of married bliss!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results