shape
carat
color
clarity

''Nother Dan Stair drop

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2008 11:02:17 AM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Date: 10/31/2008 4:44:07 PM

Author: FrekeChild

You''re welcome Lauren. I couldn''t afford it and the friend I was inquiring for wanted something bigger. So I believe you should be getting an email about it soon...

ETA: I''m talking about the periwinkle/lavender spinel btw...

Thank you Freke, dear! It''s still available, though - Dan said it read more blue than actually lavender, so I let it pass. I''m looking for purple to complete my ''rainbow'' - so he''s cutting something for me over the weekend.
11.gif
And possibly something else.
3.gif

I sent him a pic of my rainbow, and he said he laughed, then thought ''Yeah, she does need purple.''
9.gif
link to pic?

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2008 11:31:17 AM
Author: strmrdr

Date: 11/1/2008 11:02:17 AM

Date: 10/31/2008 4:44:07 PM

You''re welcome Lauren. I couldn''t afford it and the friend I was inquiring for wanted something bigger. So I believe you should be getting an email about it soon...

ETA: I''m talking about the periwinkle/lavender spinel btw...

Thank you Freke, dear! It''s still available, though - Dan said it read more blue than actually lavender, so I let it pass. I''m looking for purple to complete my ''rainbow'' - so he''s cutting something for me over the weekend.
11.gif
And possibly something else.
3.gif

I sent him a pic of my rainbow, and he said he laughed, then thought ''Yeah, she does need purple.''
9.gif
link to pic?
original.aspx

mochi

Ideal_Rock
LOL....

Wonderful collection...you definitely need purple.
31.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2008 11:16:54 AM
Also, I noticed someone bought the green tourmaline! Was it one of you ladies?
9.gif

Yeah, I caved. I'd already decided I wanted a green-blue tourmaline and he doesn't cut that many. Nasty ol' Dan, posting pretty stones on payday. I couldn't quire justify the scissor-topped spinel though. Seriously, did one of you snag that?

I can't wait to see what you end up with Lauren! Your rainbow is lovely.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
You need pink too Lauren.

I really wish I could afford it. It''s absolutely lovely....I think it''s probably really close to what I was wanting originally for my ering...
7.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2008 10:24:41 PM
Author: marcyc

Date: 10/31/2008 8:26:07 AM
Author: geckodani

Date: 10/30/2008 11:34:05 PM
Author: marcyc
Geckodani, you love spinel so ''buy it, buy it''. Not that I am an enabler or anything.
LOL. I love my paid off credit card more!
37.gif
It''ll happen.... I''m holding out for an asscher.
9.gif
Good for you! Asscher''s are gorgeous. I can''t believe how many new spinels Dan has posted now that I bought one.
I blame FrekeChild for starting the Spinel Crazw! And I''m loving watching all you ladies with the pretties! I''ll join you one of these years, lol.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2008 1:41:48 PM
You need pink too Lauren.

I really wish I could afford it. It''s absolutely lovely....I think it''s probably really close to what I was wanting originally for my ering...
7.gif
Oh sweetie. Has he picked one yet? Have you looked at them?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And thanks for getting me hooked on Dan''s stones. I''''ve bought one now and I want more.
11.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
OHHHHH!!! He's cutting a purple spinel, 3.68ct!! Can't wait to see the end result.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry!!!!!

He has not picked one yet....but apparently he has a "plan"...that could be changed. WTF does that mean?

I think the new purple is going to be cut for Lauren.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/1/2008 11:43:02 PM
Author: mochi
OHHHHH!!! He''s cutting a purple spinel, 3.68ct!! Can''t wait to see the end result.
I was just coming here to say the EXACT same thing. It looks like a lovely color.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
The purple/lavender spinel is finished, and it''s absolutely beautiful!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, that is a pretty thing! I wonder if that''s for Lauren, it''s a great shade of purple!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/3/2008 7:33:05 AM
Author: mercoledi
Ooh, that is a pretty thing! I wonder if that''s for Lauren, it''s a great shade of purple!
Holy moly! I just checked his site and almost fell over! He was supposed to cut me a 6x8ish oval, and if that''s it, I''m going to just die! It''s freakin'' GORGEOUS!!!!!!!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
For reference.

Oh Lauren, I hope it is yours.

NewRockLTP.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/3/2008 11:15:21 AM
For reference.

He just got back to me, it''s MINE! And, there''s something else that should be done sometime around this afternoon!
11.gif

You guys will have to help me decide!
1.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lol. It looks very similar to the first blue oval Dan cut for me. Only totally purple and fabulous!

What else is he cutting for you? That Tourmaline?

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/3/2008 12:27:17 PM
Lol. It looks very similar to the first blue oval Dan cut for me. Only totally purple and fabulous!

What else is he cutting for you? That Tourmaline?
Yeah - and it''s supposed to be PINK!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, and since I downloaded the pic - the .81 ct. spinel I bought on Friday.

.81ct.BlueSpinel.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lauren, your spinel was the next stone posted after mine - yours looks lovely. Here is the one I got. Here is what he said about the stone:

That spinel is a very pretty cobalt blue stone that is fairly tanzanite-like in appearance.It shifts from a very petty blue in daylight to a purple-blue under incandescent.The stone weighs .79 carats and measures 5.89mm in diamter, so it should work well in a

setting or a 6mm round.Also, the cut is a standard round brilliant

and it seems to be eye clean in spite of a few minor inclusions.

79CobaltRBspin.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/3/2008 12:21:43 PM

Date: 11/3/2008 11:15:21 AM
For reference.

He just got back to me, it''s MINE! And, there''s something else that should be done sometime around this afternoon!
11.gif

You guys will have to help me decide!
1.gif
It''s gorgeous! Congratulations.

lasscreative

Shiny_Rock
Lauren!! You are going to have the most fabulous gemstone jewelery collection out!
Does your husband mind??? How do you get around him? My partner cracked it after I bought just one! And my aspirations of getting a whole colour palette of rings like yours was quickly shot to flames!!!! Argggghhh

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2008 5:50:16 AM
Author: lasscreative
Lauren!! You are going to have the most fabulous gemstone jewelery collection out!
Does your husband mind??? How do you get around him? My partner cracked it after I bought just one! And my aspirations of getting a whole colour palette of rings like yours was quickly shot to flames!!!! Argggghhh
Lasscreative, your post made me chuckle!
9.gif

I mean, he can''t really stop me - my base salary is more than his and my commission nearly doubles my income, and it''s been a good few months.
11.gif

Honestly, I think once I get the pink and the purple set, I''ll be done on the gemstones-for-rings rampage I''ve been on all year. I might buy some to collect, and maybe some to give as gifts, but I think I''m nearing the end of the frenzy.
2.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/5/2008 4:41:21 PM

Date: 11/4/2008 5:50:16 AM
Author: lasscreative
Lasscreative, your post made me chuckle!
9.gif

I mean, he can''t really stop me - my base salary is more than his and my commission nearly doubles my income, and it''s been a good few months.
11.gif

Honestly, I think once I get the pink and the purple set, I''ll be done on the gemstones-for-rings rampage I''ve been on all year. I might buy some to collect, and maybe some to give as gifts, but I think I''m nearing the end of the frenzy.
2.gif
I also think I''m done for awhile too.
9.gif
Your rings are gorgeous.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results