shape
carat
color
clarity

Not sure what to do...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ondedline

Rough_Rock
I love the Tiffany Legacy, however our budget is ~5k so we can''t afford to get that ring, not really, as I wear a size 6.5 to 7 ring and a teeny tiny diamond is going to look very teeny and quite tiny on my hands. I surfed and found an online vendor with a similar setting but that vendor was banned from here (found this out when I posted a question about them the other day -- that post was removed in like 5 mins, though thankfully someone was able to post about them before it was taken down) so I am not inclined to do business with them. I''ve looked at the threads about the Legacy here and though there are some kind of similar settings recommended there, they usually involve prong settings (which I just hate) or round cut diamonds and I want a 1-carat cushion cut bezel set with a halo. Any thoughts about what I should do (other than get over the Legacy?
28.gif
)

ondedline

Rough_Rock
GASP! That''s it. Do you think I could get that very same set with a cushion for ~$5k? Let me go check out Quest now. Thanks so much!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here's another option. I'm not sure of the quality from adiamor, but someone did order this particular setting for his fiance here and they were both happy with it...not sure who it was, can anyone remember? They have a good return policy as well.

You could easily afford a nice round diamond for this setting with your budget!
http://www.adiamor.com/R-1089-R2801-1.htm

EDIT: I just realized you *didn't* want a round, I'm sorry about that!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t think you can get a 1 ct. cushion and that setting for $5000, although it obviously depends on the color and clarity you are considering. However, that halo will realy maximize the size of a cushion, which faces up smaller anyway. I''ll look at stones for a minute and come back.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock

E B

Ideal_Rock
I love that first halo you posted, kcoursolle!

And I have to recommend Mark Turnowski if you''re looking for a cushion. I was, briefly, and he was incredibly kind and helpful. His website is Engagement Rings Direct.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Vatche's Princess Grace is a Stunning Legacy copy... but if you want a 1 carat stone in a legacy copy... your probably going to have to up that budget a bit. The make the ring to order for your stone-- no extra charge for a cushion or asscher center... but it's not 'custom'... still and all... when I asked the price of it it was around 2K in 18K and 2250 in platinum (very little difference in price between the two).

Vatche%20Princess%20Grace1.jpg

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about buying the cushion and having it set in a very plain cheap setting and then upgrading the setting when you have more money available? I know you want a 1ct right now in the Legacy style setting but I dont'' see the whole package happening now.

Or did the two of you decide that you never want to spend more than 5,000 on the ring and setting? Now that you know how much what you want costs you may be able to rethink that.

I would put my money towards the diamond and work with the setting later. But you know what would make you happy.

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results