shape
carat
color
clarity

Not sure about my new band, need advice.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
Unfortunately I still don''t have good pictures, which would be very helpful just about now but anyway, here''s my question. I may''ve been staring at my new band for too long but i''m beginning to notice that the stone are not all exactly the same size and are not properly aligned I guess. I went to see a jeweler (friend of a friend) just this morning, she looked at it and said she''d be surprised if I could really tell the difference in size, which was about .04mm between adjacent stones but that the stones were definitely not set in a completely straight line. It''s not obvious right away but it''s only been a day and it bothers me already. So is that something to be expected in a nondesigner band (Facets)? Should I try to see if it can be fixed or should I just return it and get a more expensive ring? Is there a guarantee that a more expensive ring would be completely straight? I''ve heard so many great things about Facets and now, I don''t know, I''m a little disappointed.

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
I would expect that a company like Signed Pieces would strive to produce perfectly set jewellery. Even with the best jewellers, occassionally rings that are ''below par'' must get through their quality controls. I''d get in touch with them and see what they say and give them a chance to put things right.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
If I were you I would be curious to know whether other owners of facets eternity rings have noticed something similar...that is, stones not aligned perfectly in the setting. Is this a common occurrence?

I feel that if this bothers you and it''s only been a day, it''s worth doing something about. I would not advise having someone else attempt to "fix" the ring. I would deal strictly with Signed Pieces on this. I don''t think this is a "fixing" issue. Either this was a freaky accident and they should replace the band with one set better, or this is something they''re willing to put out on the market in that condition and if so, I would return it and look elsewhere.

I do not believe that a designer name is ANY guarantee of a better-executed piece. Didn''t chellebelle recently say that the pave was crooked in her Ritani? I think the only guarantee of a well executed piece is the dedication of the bench jeweler to his trade. Perfection is hard to find...but perfectionists, even if they don''t achieve perfection, come damn near close.

rms

Brilliant_Rock
Before my jeweler game me my rings, they were inspected and seen to have one or 2 of the pave diamonds not set perfectly in line with the others. They quickly returned the ring straight to the designer who made the necessary adjustments. No issues afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results