shape
carat
color
clarity

not quite a ring... but three stones.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

thirston

Rough_Rock
These are going into a Tiffany&Co. inspired 3 stone setting soon. Do the pears look like they will nicely compliment the center stone? The center is a 1.2ct F VS2 and the pears are each .3 F VS. Do you think the pears are too large and will take attention away from the center stone? Also, I think the stone on the left looks a little longer than the right... once set, will this be an eyesore or will they be too alike to notice?

ac.jpg

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I think they look fantastic, and I can''t wait for the finished ring pics!!!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
here''s a nice bunch of pics of kmom''s beautiful rings

the center stone is a G/SI1, 1.02 ct. The sides are .25 each, F/G VS1, and the band totals .54 ctw, F/G stones, VS1-VS2

newprongscollage.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think they look great. that is going to be one gorgeous ring
30.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well you know what I am going to say, YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It''s going to be awesome good for you!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

laney

Brilliant_Rock
They look like a great matched set. I think - and this depends on your setting - that the pears will be tilted a bit as the band curves around the finger.

In that case I think the left pear which you see as they lay flat may look a little longer - once mounted on the band will not be noticable at all. The points will tip down and the tops will be more in focus.

Those stones look like they will make one amazing ring! Enjoy!

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I think this will make a beautiful ring!
36.gif
I can''t wait to see the finished product!!!

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
That is going to be gorgeous! And KMom''s ring is so freakin gorgeous too!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Are the pears going to be touching the round? The right one looks fatter to me. However that is going to be a stunning ring and I think that once set it will be nearly impossible to notice such a thing.

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
I think they will make a beautiful ring! I don''t really notice a size difference.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
I think once the stones are set, you won''t be able to notice the slight difference. It seems as though the one on the left only appears to be longer because the way they laid it down when they took the pic. Seems like the one on the left is laid out flat and the one on the right is slanted a little, so the angle of the pic is making the left one look longer.

Those stones look gorgeous though!
30.gif
That is going to be one beautiful ring! I can''t wait to see the handshots. Aren''t you just exploding with excitement?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gosh that looks beautiful!! I am becoming more and more smitten with the round flanked by pear idea...hmmm!! Can''t wait to see the finished pictures.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh. My. God. I am drooooooooooling. That combo looks AMAZING and I don''t think the side pears are too big at ALL!!!! They almost look too pretty like that to set them! Wait, what the hell am I saying?! Hand pics will be mandatory y''know...!!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The trio looks perfect to me too
1.gif

... and here's another ring with pear sides that made wawes around here:

CRW_9887_RJ.jpg

In that, the center is 1 carat (cushion H&A) and the sides 0.3 each - taken this thread. The next comes from Mark's (mwmjewelry.com).

image005.jpg

Just a thought
1.gif

dazedland

Shiny_Rock
I don''t see a length difference and I even tried squinting really hard. I think it will be a beautiful ring, can''t wait to see the finished product!

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
They look really pretty.
2.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I think they look PERFECT. YUM!!
30.gif
30.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Fab!

cheers--Sharon

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my Val, that MM ring is just divine. YUM! I had to save it just in case.
31.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Thirston, I didn't realize you had a separate thread on this beautiful trio...
emembarrassed.gif
It was beautiful there and it looks equally beautiful here!
36.gif

I agree with Laney, in that, once set, the pears will likely taper down away from the round center stone, if that makes sense. In other words it will not be lined up horizontally so you will hardly notice a marked size difference, if any. Also, you must remember that the magnification makes even the finest difference stand out, but in real life it may not appear so at all. For example, in your other thread where mrssalvo posted the pics of my ring which were taken by MichaelE, for some reason the entire set looks rounder than it actually is. The pictures posted here by sevensone is more true to how the ring actually looks in reality. I tried to crop them very closely for posting purposes, but in reality the fine details of the ring (claw prongs, basket) is very very dainty looking.

Please keep us along your spectacular project. I can't wait to see more pics of it as its being developed.

Yes, Val, that Mark Morrell ring is splendid indeed!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too agree with Laney - the stones won''t be laid out flat like that in a ring. I think it will be absolutely beautiful - when are you having it done?

thirston

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your replies. I am currently having the ring made and hope to have it finished next week. I will not be able to offer up any ''on the finger'' pictures for quite a while however, as I plan on waiting until closer to Oct. to propose.

Thanks again,
Thirston

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results