shape
carat
color
clarity

GOG square cushion h&a in Leon Mege setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jaxon

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

First time poster, long time lurker. Just wanted to say that I found this site really useful in my search for the perfect ring for my lady, so thanks everyone for your thoughts and pictures!

After much research and trying to figure out what she likes, I came up with this ring:

Center stone:
1.05 carat square cushion h&a from Good Old Gold
F color
VVS1 clarity

Side stones:
pear cut, .58 tcw, F color, VS2/SI1 (sourced by Leon)

Ring:
platinum, 5.5 ring size, Leon Mege

I had no problems with my experience with GOG, and would recommend them to anyone. Then again, I wasn''t that demanding of a customer (me: "I want that diamond, here''s my money." them: "No problem. Shipped."), but I''m sure they''d do great with anyone. At first I was a little hesitant to buy over the internet/phone since I live in CA, but reading people''s reports here and elsewhere made me feel more comfortable.

After I got the center diamond, I looked at a bazillion settings to figure out what she would like, and again, this site helped me find Leon Mege. I saw this ring ( http://www.artofplatinum.com/R011.htm ), and knew that was it. So, I contacted Leon through email and got a response the next day which basically said, "give me a call".
3.gif
To make a long story short, I shipped my diamond to him after New Years and got the finished ring early last week. He sourced the pear side stones for me, which probably wasn''t the cheapest I could''ve gotten but was definitely comparable to a lot of other places. I was kind of worried near the end because I didn''t have time to have him take a picture of the ring so that I could approve it or make changes, so I just had to trust his judgement. Luckily for me, it turned out great, and there were no issues to work out. It probalby helped that I just wanted a ring that he had lots of practice with. Cost wise, I would say that the ring and side stones cost about the same as a similar Vatche (if not cheaper?).

Anyways, I would definitely recommend both GOG and Leon Mege.
1.gif

Pics...
crw_9889_rj.jpg

jaxon

Rough_Rock
back...

CRW_9888_RJ.jpg

jaxon

Rough_Rock
angle shot...

CRW_9887_RJ.jpg

jaxon

Rough_Rock
box shot... I'll post Leon's pics when/if he ever sends them to me...
1.gif

CRW_9886_RJ.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
3.gif
ooooh that is beautiful!!! well done!!
36.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Jaxon, that is beautiful!

I love your description of dealing with GOG..."I want this stone." "Okay." LOL! I bet they wish all sales were that easy.

The setting is very smooth and classy looking. Good choice!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jaxon,
What an amazing ring. GOG and Leon, what a team!! It''s just gorgeous!! A job well done, she''s gonna flip!
36.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
The prong work almost makes the pears look like hearts on the side. What a neat symbol.
12.gif
Two hearts joined as one with a gorgeous ring!
30.gif
Thanks for sharing with us, Jaxon.
16.gif

Many pre-Congrats to you both!!
36.gif

jaxon

Rough_Rock
Oops, forgot to say that I already proposed last night!
1.gif

I''m not much of a story teller, but here goes...
So, I invited my fiance to a special dinner at the French Laundry last night (2/13) to celebrate our one year anniversary. We got to the restaurant a little
early so I led us to a private bench in the restaurant''s gardens. We sat down and then I did a fake proposal using the plastic ring sizer that I had used to get her ring size a long time ago. (I had pulled that joke a few times previously too, so she had already been desensitized to it) After we had a good laugh, I asked her, "Did you think I was going to propose tonight?" and she replied, "No. I didn''t think you''d do something so cheesy." (or something to that effect) Then I said, "Well, you''re wrong..." as I pulled out the ring box. Of course, she said yes, and we enjoyed a fantastic dinner to celebrate.
9.gif

IMG_2007.jpg

michela002

Shiny_Rock
Oh wow, that''s just beautiful!
21.gif
She''ll love it, great job.

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
what a beautiful ring! love those single claw prongs of leon
1.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
jaxon- that is one gorgeous ring!!!! i love the three stones!
9.gif

hope french laundry was deeeelish!! FI took me to chez panisse two years ago, and that was absolutely amazing... one day... i hope.... i will eat at french laundry!
18.gif
18.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh, that ring is gorgeous!!
30.gif
30.gif
And that proposal sounds wonderful!!! CONGRATS!!
36.gif
36.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
absolutely beautiful ring!! how can you go wrong with leon mege and GOG?? well done!
36.gif

and congrats on your engagement, and best wishes
1.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gorgeous, simply gorgeous! Congrats!

cheers--Sharon

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jaxson

great job picking out the ring,so beautiful,congrats.
30.gif
36.gif

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
What a beautiful ring!
30.gif

You combined all my favorites; SQ H&A, Leon, 3-stone ring, pear side stone''s...
36.gif

Stunning ring!

Congrats!!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
What a fabulous ring... it looks perfect on her hand. You did a wonderful job, congratulations!
30.gif

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Fantastic ring. I love the combination of cuts too - very individual. No-one else will have one quite like that which will make this ering that touch extra special. Nice one.

BTW, I love the pic of you two holding hands. Very romantic. (sigh!)

Congratulations to you both.
35.gif

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
That is beautiful! Congratulations!

youngster

Shiny_Rock
That is one beautiful ring! I''ve been wanting to see a square cushion h&a and its quite wonderful! Looks beautiful on her hand too. I also think I need an excuse to work with Leon Mege myself. He does such beautiful work.

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous!!!

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
Jaxon: Congratulations on your engagement. Great job on the ring. That''s a beautiful stone by GOG. Amazing job by Leon Mege. It looks lovely on your FI hand.
1.gif

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous ring. You really built a first class team, and it shows in this stunner!
Congrats!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results