shape
carat
color
clarity

Not happy with my diamond - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ebast1

Rough_Rock
Greetings! I know you have all been eagerly awaiting some news from my end :D David and I have had two appraisals done. One independent(referred by this website) and the other from Kleinhenz Jewelers. Both appraisals are in agreement that the stone is in fact an I in clarity with some discrepency in the weight of the large center stone, contrary to the SI and weight King''s Jeweler''s said they sold us. Now, the question is do we have King''s (a different store from where we bought it) appraise it next, in order to have two other appraisals to go along with their own appraisal? Or should we just come forward to the manager or a corporate level CSR with our two appraisals? I am sure King''s would do an appraisal when they are made aware of the situation. I am worried about them falsifying the facts when they know their reputation could be at stake. David and I are currently waiting for a response from a corporate level representative who we told our problem to. Any suggestions? Should we put up more money for a third appraisal? If it turns out King''s made a mistake should we get them to also pay for the appraisals we had to do in order to unconver their error? I am just so scared that Dave and I will walk in and have all of this information stating that the stone is in fact not what they said we purchased, but they will tell us tough luck anyway. Oy! Hope everyone had a good weekend! Take care..

Erica

reena

Ideal_Rock
not sure i see much point in having king's do yet a third appraisal, especially considering that they are clearly not independent. i don't think it's a good idea to even give them the opportunity to contradict what the first two appraisers found; that would just weaken your argument.

i think if it were me i would go in there very calmly, not with attitude at all, and explain that you had the stone appraised by two independent appraisers and it doesn't match what you were told at the time of sale. then just flatly state that you'd like your money back now, please. act as if it's a foregone conclusion, and don't be accusatory or angry. just a little mistake that you would like resolved. if they give you a hard time, then you can start getting tough with them. (also, as i remember it's been a while since you bought this--i wouldn't delay tooooo long going back in there.) good luck.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I agree with Reena that you need to talk to them soon and calmly state that you want your money back since the diamond is not what they said it was. You have one independent appraisal and one appraisal from a jeweler, right? My fear is that King's will say that it is an uncertified stone and their opinion is that the stone is an SI2. I hope it doesn't get nasty. Let us know what happens and good luck!

Todd07

Shiny_Rock
No to another appraisal

I think corporate CSR will give better satisfaction and corp should know if their stores are misleading customers.

I'd ask for the cost of the appraisals

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results