shape
carat
color
clarity

Not fast enough!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Talonnav

Shiny_Rock
Hubby and I finally decided on a diamond, then I get the email that somebody bought it this afternoon!!
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

***Bangs head on desk***

Now to decide if I should go with my second choice or wait and see if a similar stone magically appears.
sad.gif

Heather

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to hear that Heather... It happens all the time... We were just discussing this phenomena with Rhino over at GOG the other day, people don't realize just how fast diamonds actually move on the internet... It seems like they stare at the screen trying to make sense of all the information and make their comparisons... And just when people get over the fear of buying a diamond on-line "POOF" somebody else grabs it... If we can add a little dealer humor to the situation, we get phone calls like this all the time after we remove a diamond from our listing:

"Hello, I was looking at the 1.42 carat, D, VS-2 that you had listed on your Private Reserve and now it's gone - what does that mean?"

"Well that means that we sold it..."

"Oh, I see... But I was looking at it!"

"We understand, but somebody else bought it..."

"Oh, I see... Well, can you find me another one?"

The reality being that a 1.40 carat "anything" is extremely rare and we consider ourselves lucky to have purchased the first one... But of course, we're willing to try and find something comparable and just when we do the cycle will start all over again...

"Oh, okay... Thanks for finding it... I'll think about it and let you know - okay?"

Three days later...

"Um, what happened to that diamond you found for me? I don't see it on the Private Reserve anymore..."

4.gif

Talonnav

Shiny_Rock
Guess it just proves that you can't dilly dally when looking at diamonds! Oh well. My second choice is fine with me too. Just waiting for the OK from hubby. He better not take too long!
appl.gif

Heather

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results