shape
carat
color
clarity

Not cheaper by the dozen - mrs-b's new projects - watch this space!

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I hope you are feeling better very soon!

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Get well soon @mrs-b !
Beautiful opal- it is truly stunning. I’m glad it brings you such happy memories. To me, those are the best pieces.

Hopefully your recovery will allow you plenty of time to play in your jewel box!
....can I ask where you got your ring box? I really need one like that!!

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Feel better @mrs-b! That opal ring is simply delicious!! :love: I was literally drooling over it when I saw it pop up on DKs IG. lol

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My glorious opal and diamond ring is here and I adore it. I sent Amy and David an email, telling them that this has leapfrogged ALL my other rings to be my favorite - hands down.

I've been away from Australia for 18 years now, and I miss home in a way that hurts. I look at this ring, and the colors in it, and I see Australia. This ring is special - more than a ring. I love it.

And a big shout out to Black Opal Direct who sourced and polished this stone, and to DKJ and Amy, as always, who took my idea and made it beautiful.

This is the bomb.....

20180630_102109_resized.jpg 20180630_102154_resized.jpg
What a gorgeous opal! It looks perfect on you!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Feel better soon mrs_b!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My glorious opal and diamond ring is here and I adore it. I sent Amy and David an email, telling them that this has leapfrogged ALL my other rings to be my favorite - hands down.

I've been away from Australia for 18 years now, and I miss home in a way that hurts. I look at this ring, and the colors in it, and I see Australia. This ring is special - more than a ring. I love it.

And a big shout out to Black Opal Direct who sourced and polished this stone, and to DKJ and Amy, as always, who took my idea and made it beautiful.

This is the bomb.....

20180630_102109_resized.jpg 20180630_102154_resized.jpg
Oh my gosh, the slimmed down bezel makes all the difference! It's gorgeous mrs_b, just gorgeous!!!!! I don't think there is anything better in the world than a beautiful opal.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m in love with your opal ring. It’s just stunning. The new thinned out bezel was a fantastic idea. It looks perfect! Can we get some outside pics? Or a video? I love the way the light hits an opal and all the colors just freaking shine. They have a life of their own. :kiss2:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh. Nothing like a bout of pneumonia to kick the summer off with :sick: hope you’re on the mend quickly @mrs-b! I’m apparently on the yearly plan for that particular ailment, I sympathise :(2

I’ve been in the US for... fifteen years. I had to count. So many of my happiest memories are of growing up in Brisbane, and I missed it dreadfully for years. I went back a couple of years ago and everything had changed so much, it was like going to a place from a dream - familiar, but just not quite right at every turn... somewhere along the way I came to call the US eastern seaboard “home” and I didn’t even realise it. I’m so happy you have a treasure to remember the place you treasure by - your gorgeous opal in her new home certainly is a treasure!! ::) :love:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aahhhh, favourite thread EVER!! Your new opal ring is almost as fabulous as you @mrs-b!! I'm so sorry to hear you are so unwell. Hopefully your incredible new bling will give you a much needed distraction!

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sending you healthy, healing vibes, although your beautiful new opal will surely lift your spirits all by itself. I love the orientation it’s set in - spectacular!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your opal! Just saw it on ig and thought I better check in here. So sorry you're under the weather. Get well soon!

All of your pieces are fantastic!!!!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol - thanks, @msop04 - I'm feeling a little better and I'm sure it's the jewel therapy kicking in!

@tkyasx78 - thank you :)) I can't recall, but I'm pretty sure my ring box is by Wolf, but I'm not entirely certain. I *think* it is, tho. And I'm glad you like my solitaire! (me too!) :wavey:

Hi @leukolenos :wavey: As I mentioned above, I think it's by Wolf. I have 3 boxes and the other 2 are from Wolf, so I'm thinking this one is also. I'm not 100% sure, tho. I'm not a fan of individual ring boxes - they all look similar and you end up going through all of them all the time to find that one piec you're actually looking for! And yes - beautiful memories from the opal. :))

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @stonewell! The only time I realize my things are on DKJ's Instagram is when someone here tells me - so thank you! I have to say, I think 'delicious' is the right word for my new opal - it evokes a very visceral response, being as sensual as it is. I'm loving it. :kiss2:

Thank you, @Luce! I think this ring looks better on my hand than any other ring I own. I'm not fond of the shape of my chubby little digits, but this ring makes them look as good as any ring is ever going to, so I'm happy with the result. And it's supremely comfortable to wear - very soft and rounded on the inside. So all up - it's a huge win!

Thanks for the get well wishes, @Catmom. I still can't hear properly and my teeth are ringing. Like - what is THAT all about?? Ugh. However, as you know, a beautiful opal will heal most ills, and the glow is just amazing. I find it captivating and cooling to look at - and pretty much mesmerizing, to be honest! If I could find matching opals, I'd have my earrings ordered already!! :mrgreen: But you know all about that reaction, I suspect....

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @elle_71125 :)) I've been out of commission for the last week with pneumonia and the 2 photos I took were taken sitting up in bed! I promise I will take more photos this week; I'm dying to get this baby outside and see what she does! It might be a couple of days yet, tho - I'm doing a bit of a 'Jeb Bush' at the moment (ie low energy). I'll be up and about presently tho, and will get some better shots. :wavey:

@yssie - if pneumonia is a regular annual occurrence for you, you have my complete sympathies! And... I had no idea you lived in Australia! Altho - now that I've just said that - something is stirring in the back of my memory...did we ever have a conversation about Somerville House, where my DH's twin sisters went to school? Anyway - were you born and raised in Australia? Yes, Brisbane has changed a LOT in recent decades, hasn't it! I think the influx of people due to tourism has led to all sorts of cultural and financial changes, which have given it a unique flavor; it's very different to Sydney, where I was born and raised. When my DH and I return home in a few years, we would, ideally, like to own an apartment on Hamilton Island, as well as a house in the Blue Mountains. But we'll see how that plays out; it's easy to dream expensive dreams - not nearly as easy to bring them into reality! And thank you for your kind words about my new opal - she's a stone cold Australian beauty! :))

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mrs B, your taste is totally and really impeccable. I love everything, again as always!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful new pieces, Mrs-b and many get well wishes. Hope you get a little sun, but just not this weekend as it it supposed to be killer hot. That kind of heat just saps my energy. How lovely that Amy was able to stop by your house. The best kind of house call! You opal is fabulous and I adore the detail on the band.

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Mrs-b, I hope you are feeling better! I just saw that you have been sick. Being sick in the summer is the worst! Especially with pneumonia in the humidity!

I hope you have a dehumidifier running to keep the wet away, getting a lot of liquids to help keep your energy up, and a lot of rest so that your body can heal.

Sending hugs and prayers for a quick turn around!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tekate - thank you for the kind words! A few more to go and then I'll be taking a loooong break. :))

Thanks, @luv2sparkle - I particularly love the band! And the opal is killer. I took some more photos today and it's different in every light and from every angle. Gorgeous!

Thanks @metall - I'm doing my very best to throw it off!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b, I hope you’re on the mend & feeling better!!! Thank you for sharing your journey of each piece with all of us!! This is like following the yellow brick road....just don’t know what’s around the bend, or what new fun adventure lies ahead!
I love everything!! I think it’s fantastic that you have found an opal that takes you “home”, again! It is absolutely perfect, and the setting looks awesome! I love the millgrain (go figure ;)2)!!
Cheers to you, my friend!! Get well, soon!!! :kiss2:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just catching up after being away for a few days! I hope you are feeling a little better each day. mrs-b!!!

This opal ring is just gorgeous! I love it so much! :love: It was the PERFECT way to reuse that setting!!!!!

My youngest was born in Oct, so I definitely have an opal on my list!

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Mrs B,
Hope you are feeling better today!!!!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Get well soon! I’m glad your beautiful new ring is keeping you company.

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hope you’re feeling better @mrs-b! Opals were never my thing but this beautiful ring makes me think otherwise!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And the last few. Firstly - probably my favorite photo:

20180705_190115_resized.jpg

20180705_190059_resized.jpg

And lastly....

20180705_190021_resized.jpg

And that's it, folks!

Hope you are feeling better today mrs_b. Isn't it amazing how an opal changes depending upon how you move it? There's something so mesmerizing about them.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too many beautiful pieces on this thread. :love: . I'm confused. :lol:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry for taking so long to respond - I've had the 'full meal deal' dose of pneumonia which got worse for quite some time before getting better.

@Matthews1127 - thank you! Every time I wear this ring, I'm in the Whitsunday Islands in Australia. And that's no bad thing. :)

@diamondseeker2006 - yes! I totally see you with an opal ring! I can imagine CVB making something extraordinarily beautiful with an opal! This setting is a variation on the original, which was melted down. Given that the opal is longer than the diamond in the original setting, I dropped the diamonds down to 2 on each side, rather than three. I dropped off the smallest one on the end. It's also a shade wider at the back, so the edges of the holly aren't as close to the edges of the ring, ergo they don't stick into my finger. It's also more comfort fit on the inside, so is more comfortable to wear. It's currently my favorite rings and gets more outings than any other. :))

Thank you, @Luce - I'm finally on the way back! It's been 2 and a half weeks, but I'm slowly feeling like myself again.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@peacechick - is there any better company than a beautiful new piece of jewelry? :)) Thanks for the get-well wishes!

@eapj - I always hated opals when I was growing up. They seemed like the poor man's option for jewelry and were common as dirt in Australia. Every tourist trap and corner store sold some poor version of an opal in a hideous silver setting, and people of my generation always held them in very low regard. But somewhere in there some jewelers started putting more effort into the settings, I discovered that a lot of opals were actually bowls of pure color, and I suddenly fell in love with this captivating gem! And put in the right setting - WOW! More than any other gem, I think opals have the ability to look like utter crap - and also look phenomenally beautiful. They're a gem that is worth paying the extra dollars for.

I think 'mesmerizing' is the word, @Catmom. This ring has captivated me like no other. The color play is so complex and so strong - there is something different to see with every glance; it's like looking into the crystal ball of color! I hope we meet up some day so I can show you this in person. And I want to spend some quality time with your opal ring!! That opal is just...well, it's the shiznit and all that and a bag of chips!

@Dancing Fire - I'm going to take your confusion as a compliment.

Maja

Rough_Rock
Premium
So glad to hear @mrs-b is on the mend--pneumonia is tricky, don't mess around with it, folks.

Enjoy the opals and diamonds and gold and all the good stuff, it's beautiful.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results