shape
carat
color
clarity

Northern VA - DC Metro proposal ideas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovehersomuch

Shiny_Rock
please keep the ideas coming....

let me know what you all think of my above idea with the xmas lights.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
I think your idea about the lights is a neat one. I couldn''t find your lighting fixture per se, but this company seems to do custom lighted "outdoor wire figures" so maybe they could help.

Alternatively, if you''re a bit handy, maybe you could make one yourself. If you can fashion wire into the words "will you marry me", maybe you could wrap strands of lights around the wire letters. Strands of lights might be hard to find this time of year, though.

Another idea--since you said your gf likes arts & crafts, maybe you could take her to a paint your own pottery place. You could each make a piece of pottery. You could choose a platter (or another flat piece) & paint "will you marry me" on it. Then she''d have a nice keepsake of the proposal. (You could paint the date on the platter.) You''d have to hope she''s busy with her own piece & doesn''t look at yours until it''s entirely painted.

Best of luck!

SuLi

Shiny_Rock
You''ve gotten a lot of really great ideas to start with...

What about going up to Baltimore? I think that the aquarium has special "overnight" events and I think it might be pretty cool to propose there. Then again, I personally have a soft spot for aquariums.

My FI had thought about proposing at the Air Force Memorial in Arlington...it''s quiet and has a great view of DC. But, he changed his mind on that one and asked me at home.

Good luck!

lovehersomuch

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/5/2008 2:13:34 PM
Author: BrightSpot
I think your idea about the lights is a neat one. I couldn''t find your lighting fixture per se, but this company seems to do custom lighted ''outdoor wire figures'' so maybe they could help.

Alternatively, if you''re a bit handy, maybe you could make one yourself. If you can fashion wire into the words ''will you marry me'', maybe you could wrap strands of lights around the wire letters. Strands of lights might be hard to find this time of year, though.

Another idea--since you said your gf likes arts & crafts, maybe you could take her to a paint your own pottery place. You could each make a piece of pottery. You could choose a platter (or another flat piece) & paint ''will you marry me'' on it. Then she''d have a nice keepsake of the proposal. (You could paint the date on the platter.) You''d have to hope she''s busy with her own piece & doesn''t look at yours until it''s entirely painted.

Best of luck!
thanks im going to check with them and see if they can help me out with the lights im lookin for.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
If you want to do something in public, I think the lights would be nice. I've done that sort of thing before, and it's usually couples and families with young kids, so they'd probably be pretty excited for you (as opposed to the potentially obnoxious teens you'd probably find in the movie theater).

If you're not set on doing it in public, maybe you could set something up outside where you live? I don't know if the two of you live together or not, or if you have land you could use, but a friend of mine back home in Maryland proposed to his girlfriend this past December, and maybe his idea might work for you guys? He decorated a pine tree outside his house with white Christmas lights, then put more lights on a nearby bench, and did the proposal there. He had some champagne chilling and a plate of chocolate-covered strawberries for afterwards, and it looked really beautiful. He had the lights set up a day or two before and was trying to decide when exactly to do it (they don't live together) and then it snowed and he decided it was *the* moment, went around to pick her up, and asked!
1.gif

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
Every year there is a beautiful festival of lights in Centreville, Virginia, which is about 20 miles from DC. If you google Bull Run Festival of Lights you will find their website. Maybe somehow you can incorporate your will you marry me lights idea.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results