shape
carat
color
clarity

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2013

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
asscher_girl|1373820623|3482852 said:
I had way too much fun yesterday at the sale!

My loot:
2 pairs of Paige jeans
11 tops (combo of short sleeve blouses, open front sweaters, tanks, and some long sleeve tops)
1 skirt
1 pair of Miz Mooz boots
1 pair of See by Chloe flats
1 pair of Vince Camuto booties
a scarf, a necklace and a bracelet (just some fun costume jewelry)

And that doesn't include the Hudson jeans and La Mere cream I bought 2 weeks ago :naughty:

I need to put my Nordie's card away! lol
lol ME TOO. I usually don't carry it unless I am going there. I have it now because I'll do a lot of exchanges in the next week or two probably.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I carry my card with me at all times, just in case. LOL! But I really should learn to put it away, hehe. I just added up all of my purchases a bit ago, yikes, time to stop shopping. Of course I'm about to pull the trigger on resetting my 4.5 ctw eternity band :$$): :-o
However we just had California Closets install our custom master closet yesterday, so I have plenty of room for new clothes :naughty:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
asscher_girl|1373849955|3483021 said:
Oh I carry my card with me at all times, just in case. LOL! But I really should learn to put it away, hehe. I just added up all of my purchases a bit ago, yikes, time to stop shopping. Of course I'm about to pull the trigger on resetting my 4.5 ctw eternity band :$$): :-o
However we just had California Closets install our custom master closet yesterday, so I have plenty of room for new clothes :naughty:
Man I want one, our closets are tiny and sucky and old. I have more clothes than I need, or know what to do with, and I need to STOP BUYING CLOTHING.

The 4.5ct band isn't the band in that photo right? I mean, unless you're having SB do it...in which case I totally approve. Otherwise NOOO! hehe

Did you see my post in your ring thread about that amazing e-ring that I blogged about your ring? I hope you don't mind ;-)

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooo... congratulations on the weightloss, Ame! And good call on leaving the leather bags at home. I was once on a flight where the attendant spilled soda on the gentleman in the row in front of me. The soda ended up streaming towards my handbag that I had tucked under his seat. Doh! ;( Thank god it was a cheapy nylon bag I had gotten from the Gap on super sale!

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Ame the CA closets rock!! I love the new layout, so much more room.

Oh gosh no! Not resetting the SB ring ever! My 4.5 ctw eternity u-prong from ERD is what I'm resetting. Just going with a lower profile basket shared prong setting instead.

I did see that post you made, I thought I responded but maybe not. I saw your blog too, I don't mind at all. Such a wonderful compliment :)

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
PintoBean|1373902685|3483270 said:
Oooo... congratulations on the weightloss, Ame! And good call on leaving the leather bags at home. I was once on a flight where the attendant spilled soda on the gentleman in the row in front of me. The soda ended up streaming towards my handbag that I had tucked under his seat. Doh! ;( Thank god it was a cheapy nylon bag I had gotten from the Gap on super sale!
Thank you! I hope that there are no "stalls" but I know vacation will creep a few pounds back on.

That is a nightmare! I'd probably have commited a crime on that plane! Normally I have no issue bringing my purse on flights, though I put it in my big carry on tote bag because I don't want to carry two bags on me. I'd be so mad if something got spilled on it. I tested out both sizes of bag I got from LeSportsac (one was as wide one that had two sections) but this one fit my camera in a padded case better for when I want that with me, and has room for stuff when we go shopping or whatever if I don't bring it along that day.

asscher_girl|1373907878|3483327 said:
Ame the CA closets rock!! I love the new layout, so much more room.

Oh gosh no! Not resetting the SB ring ever! My 4.5 ctw eternity u-prong from ERD is what I'm resetting. Just going with a lower profile basket shared prong setting instead.

I did see that post you made, I thought I responded but maybe not. I saw your blog too, I don't mind at all. Such a wonderful compliment :)
So glad! Whew! I have those photos saved on my phone...I lust after it. haha! Those threads get buried so fast in there, it's hard to keep up if a post is missed. Now an SB band to go with your SB e-ring would be ...wow.

Man I would kill to redo these closets...Really I'd like to build them into walkin's or sometihng but that will not happen. I'd rather just move out.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm still waiting for the online bag to arrive... i'm returning my purple bag... The lady in Nord mentioned the hardware needs extra protection & later my dh said the buckle is really big, so I googled & people complained that it scratched easily... I am trying to find a cute leather one in purple for under $200. Can't find one :( heading to store again this week!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I got the Veronica Back Zip too. I got it in black in size 7, and it's kind of rubbing my heels. So I ordered a pair of 7.5 to see if it feels better. My Vera and Paige are both 7, so I thought the 7 would work. Other than that, I only bought a top from the juniors section. I also got things for DH and the kids though.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so bummed~my R Minkoff bag came today and I HATE it! The leather is stiff and not at all buttery and the hardware is black. The lady I chatted with online assured me it was silver. Liar liar pants on fire. People that reviewed the bag said that it was slouchy and didn't hold its shape-that was exactly what I wanted and this bag can hardly be bent if you wanted to. Darn and darn. I really don't want to pay the full price for a bag, but if I want it, I guess I am going to have to. I can find it in weird colors for less but not in basic colors. :angryfire: Maybe I will go to a store tomorrow. I like the contrast that the other bags have between to leather and the hardware.

MC, I have had my card since 1981! It is so old it only have 8 numbers!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
qtiekiki|1374015810|3484324 said:
I got the Veronica Back Zip too. I got it in black in size 7, and it's kind of rubbing my heels. So I ordered a pair of 7.5 to see if it feels better. My Vera and Paige are both 7, so I thought the 7 would work. Other than that, I only bought a top from the juniors section. I also got things for DH and the kids though.
I am debating keeping the boots. I don't know if I will wear them enough. I barely wear the pairs I have. The ones that get the most wear are the Harness in brown and the Engineers. And that's still barely.

luv2sparkle|1374023708|3484441 said:
I am so bummed~my R Minkoff bag came today and I HATE it! The leather is stiff and not at all buttery and the hardware is black. The lady I chatted with online assured me it was silver. Liar liar pants on fire. People that reviewed the bag said that it was slouchy and didn't hold its shape-that was exactly what I wanted and this bag can hardly be bent if you wanted to. Darn and darn. I really don't want to pay the full price for a bag, but if I want it, I guess I am going to have to. I can find it in weird colors for less but not in basic colors. :angryfire: Maybe I will go to a store tomorrow. I like the contrast that the other bags have between to leather and the hardware.

WOW. They better treat you like royalty.

I like a deal on a bag but if it's what I want I'll pay full price. I love buttery leather though. My favorites are Linea Pelle. Nothing stiff about those, but you don't always get on sale. I buy from them directly. Nordstrom only carried their stuff like once and I haven't seen it again.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's totally your fault I love buttery leather, Ame. I bought a blue Linea Pelle bag. It became the standard. I wanted buttery leather with just a tiny bit of structure for this bag. I do like the style of it though.

I wish I got the royal treatment! When our four oldest kids were little, I would take them all to Nordstrom for the Anni sale for school shopping. It was quite a sight to see. The pile of clothing was enormous. The bill was enormous. But I loved it, and the kids loved it. We would make a day of it and go to lunch after. Then they would come home and try everything on again. The only one that didn't love it was the hubs, cuz he paid the bill. Awww, memories.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
ame|1374068779|3484645 said:
qtiekiki|1374015810|3484324 said:
I am debating keeping the boots. I don't know if I will wear them enough. I barely wear the pairs I have. The ones that get the most wear are the Harness in brown and the Engineers. And that's still barely.

I have yet to wear my paige since I got them around Mother's Day. I don't have any short boots, so I think I will wear it quite a bit, especially for work.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
luv2sparkle|1374071849|3484684 said:
It's totally your fault I love buttery leather, Ame. I bought a blue Linea Pelle bag. It became the standard. I wanted buttery leather with just a tiny bit of structure for this bag. I do like the style of it though.

I wish I got the royal treatment! When our four oldest kids were little, I would take them all to Nordstrom for the Anni sale for school shopping. It was quite a sight to see. The pile of clothing was enormous. The bill was enormous. But I loved it, and the kids loved it. We would make a day of it and go to lunch after. Then they would come home and try everything on again. The only one that didn't love it was the hubs, cuz he paid the bill. Awww, memories.
I am glad I could destroy all other bags for you forever ;-) I have yet to be able to find anything comparable, structure or not!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mims Maine leather is just as buttery. I have a couple of her bags, but I was ready for something new. I ordered the 'not on sale' cupid with the soft leather and the taupe that was on sale, which looked liked the soft leather to compare. I love that Nords has free return so I can compare. I was going to try to get to one today but I forgot about a kids ortho appt me. So I sat in Chipotle and ordered it on my phone. How great is it to be able to do that?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Like Kip from Napoleon Dynamite, I love technology.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
luv2sparkle|1374023708|3484441 said:

My number also has eight numbers. The plastic on my card on the side is peeling after all this time and it has to be swiped a couple times before it works.

Sorry your bag didn't work out and hope you find another.

I'm kind of confused as sometimes we get dust bags and other times, we don't. The bag that arrived today was on sale so I spent $171, including tax, and the tag inside said the bag should be stored in a dust bag and one wasn't sent with a bag. I called Nord c/s and the gal asked me two or three times if I checked inside the bag to be sure the dust bag wasn't in there...I mean, REALLY? I guess it could be challenging to tell the difference between the packaging tissue and a dust bag because tissue and cloth feel exactly the same :rolleyes: , but she finally conceded that I might be right and offered to send me one.

I also ordered three items from Coach with my 25% off F&F discount. I picked out a black wallet, pink wristlet, & another black handbag. Hopefully they all work out...I ordered them all from Coach rather than Nordstrom...as my experience has proven, I'll probably have to exchange one of them... :wacko:

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
luv2sparkle|1374071849|3484684 said:

Do you have girls? I've taken my boys to Nord sales and every time, they act like they're being tortured and the clothes simply do not cut it...they expect TREATS for being forced to buy clothes. That is why I just take them to Old Navy...but I'm sure Old Navy isn't cool once they are a few years older...they might be in a sticky situation by then. If schools had uniforms, life would be 5000% easier

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have one daughter, who is my oldest. The boys loved it, because at the time they didn't really know about companies like CCS or Active that we have out here. They loved the T-shirts the most. We would go when the doors opened literally and be first in line to see all they had. It was like a treasure hunt. Then the kids shoes was right next to the clothes so they would get to pick out one, maybe two pairs of shoes. I didn't usually buy a lot of the pants because I could get a better price on those elsewhere. The only hitch was making sure that none of the three boys had the same shirt in the same color. A couple of times that happened and it was U-G-L-Y.

What bag did you get MC? That is odd about the dust bag. It would bug me.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
luv2sparkle|1374160094|3485513 said:
I have one daughter, who is my oldest. The boys loved it, because at the time they didn't really know about companies like CCS or Active that we have out here. They loved the T-shirts the most. We would go when the doors opened literally and be first in line to see all they had. It was like a treasure hunt. Then the kids shoes was right next to the clothes so they would get to pick out one, maybe two pairs of shoes. I didn't usually buy a lot of the pants because I could get a better price on those elsewhere. The only hitch was making sure that none of the three boys had the same shirt in the same color. A couple of times that happened and it was U-G-L-Y.

I ordered a Marc Jacobs bag online and it arrived w/out the dust bag (and I had to battle with the c/s gal to make it clear that I DO know the difference between tissue and a dust bag stuffed inside the bag). Today, an email confirmation said the dust bag would be sent to me...It did bug me because the insert card said the bad NEEDS a dust bag to keep it in good condition and all I got was a bunch of packing material. I also bought a bag in the store and the gal said she didn't have a dust bad for that manufacturer, so instead she gave me a Kate Spade dust bag, which is fine..but, still, they should provide the dust bags.

What will be interesting is I ordered three items from the Coach website this week and we'll see if they send any dust bags for the items..

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it's ridiculous that 1) it wasn't in there and 2) you got attitude inquiring about it. Just send it and don't be a jerk!

I just got a call that my alterations were done like 5 days earlier than planned...so I can take my pile of returns back, and get a few other items I wish I'd presaled.

I am taking the underwear back I ordered bec it's not cotton and is some strange material, I think I am going to take the boots back, I have a pile of jeans to take back. I got the ones I ordered that I thought were my regular ones but they came and they're SUPER distressed with premade holes--why in the hell do I want that if I am replacing some I wore out that had holes...plus a bra that didnt work, plus the too small in the boobs swimsuit, and a belt that is not gonna work (it looks way to mens dress belt). I cannot decide what to do about these:
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/rebecca-minkoff-erin-i-came-i-shopped-i-conquered-leather-pouch/3508092?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=1200&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-browseresults-_-1_3_B

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/rebecca-minkoff-erin-dont-judge-pouch/3508093?origin=category

Theyre really nice, I don't know what to do with them though. I wish the text from the red one was on the blue one though.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
luv2sparkle|1374160094|3485513 said:

Oh, and I also bought a bag at Coach and they didn't give me a dust bag b/c she said they don't give those out for the smaller sizes. The bag was small, however the price wasn't! When my coach items arrive on Tues (the tracking number says that's the day), I'm going to go in and request a dust bag for anything I wasn't given one for, except the wallet, of course.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I received the Marc Jacobs wallet I ordered for my daughters birthday and it had a flaw in the leather, a two inch line across the back. I went online and ordered another but boy is that a pain. Thankfully, they do free returns. I have a similar wallet that I love. Really the only difference is the Marc Jacobs signature lining and the zipper pull. I hope she will love it. Oh, and the plate on the front of mine is a little bigger. Big whoop, it was like a 68 dollar difference.

I am glad they are sending you a dust bag. That is the kind of service that Nordstrom is famous for. Although you should have had it to begin with. It sounds like you got a great deal on that bag. I went in and looked at Coach not to long ago. I found a couple things I liked and the sales people were really gracious, even going in the back and pulling out some new items for me that were not coming out for a few weeks.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I went last night to make my returns and pick up my alterations, and my return total was over 1k. :-o I hadn't tallied my shopping totals and when I logged into my Card account last night I'd spent like 3500. Holy. Hell. $1600 on jeans alone, and I only kept $200 worth of those! Criminy!

I ended up buying one of these:
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/cole-haan-crosby-colorblock-sheila-crossbody-bag-small/3495435?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=2375500&fashionColor=Pendant+Teal%2F+Hass+Green&resultback=0&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-searchresults-_-1_1_B

and one of these:
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/zella-zip-panel-satin-tote/3437983?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=Purple+Regal&resultback=0&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-searchresults-_-1_1_B

I bought a Le Sportsac bag for the trip but when I put my camera in a padded pouch plus my wallet and phone in there, I am nervous that pulling the camera out will send my wallet or phone flying and the interior zip pockets arent big enough to hold both to prevent that. The Zella is HUGE, and bigger than the Le Sportsac AND my normal purse, but has a giant interior pocket that will hold both wallet and phone so if I wanted to I could do that, and still have room for anything else I wanted in there. It's totally nylon all over which I liked, AND has the shoulder strap AND the long strap vs one strap. I figured I'd bring the Cole Haan for the times I don't want the big nylon bag (not bringing camera shopping or whatever) and my phone and wallet will fit in there perfectly.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, Ame, you beat my highest total for the anni sale ever!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results