shape
carat
color
clarity

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2013

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Has anyone partaken in the goods yet (assuming you're preselecting as a cardholder?)

I made a serious dent, though at least half will go back because I bought multiple sizes in multiples. I need jeans badly bec I am down to A pair, and I wear jeans nearly daily to work lately, and I am not sure what size I am, I bought the size I normally buy, but I also bought a few others, because I am HOPING that my 25lb loss means I finally am losing inches despite history indicating otherwise. *fingers crossed* I also got a pair of boots in two sizes bec I am not sure which I'll need, sometimes I am an 8 and sometimes an 8.5 in that brand.

I got a few makeup things also.

My instore is on Saturday. But I know most of my instore will be trying on my preshops and doing returns/exchanges and checking out what's in store that I was "hmm" about online.

I have a few orders I made online, mostly for in-store pickup. I am in the losing-weight-process so I am HOPING I am smaller than my regular size of 16 in KUT/36 in CJ.

-Frye 'Veronica' Back Zip Short Boot in Cognac (I got an 8 and an 8.5 bec I am not sure which Ill be in this. I have both sizes in various Fryes)
-CJ by Cookie Johnson 'Faith' Straight Leg Stretch Jeans, Kahana, Size: 34
-CJ by Cookie Johnson 'Faith' Straight Leg Stretch Jeans, Kahana, Size: 32
- Emi-Jay 'Classic' Hair Ties (5-Pack) (Nordstrom Exclusive)
-Halogen Long Sleeve Cardigan--Green Bug/ Blue Tile Combo--Size: X-Large
-Halogen Long Sleeve Cardigan--Navy Peacoat/ Rose Combo--Size: X-Large
-Kut from the Kloth 'Natalie' Bootcut Jeans (Invisible) Size: 16
-Kut from the Kloth 'Natalie' Bootcut Jeans (Invisible) Size: 14
-Kut from the Kloth 'Natalie' Bootcut Jeans (Invisible) Size: 12
-Kut from the Kloth 'Natalie' Bootcut Jeans (Invisible) Size: 10
- Natori '136001' Contour Underwire Bra Cafe
-Rebecca Minkoff 'Erin - Don't Judge' Pouch
-Rebecca Minkoff 'Erin - I Came, I Shopped, I Conquered' Leather Pouch
-Smashbox 'Line & Define' Five-Piece Brush Set (Nordstrom Exclusive)
-Make + Model 'Vintage Sleepy Time' Lounge Pants Navy Patriot/ White Stripe Size: Large
-Make + Model 'Vintage Sleepy Time' Lounge Pants Navy Patriot/ White Stripe Size: X-Large
-beautyblender Makeup Sponge Applicator Kit
-Nordstrom at Home 500 Thread Count Pillowcases (Set of 2)-Color: Plum Flint Size:King
-Nordstrom at Home 500 Thread Count Flat Sheet Color: Plum Flint Size: King
-Nordstrom at Home 500 Thread Count Fitted Sheet, Color: Plum Flint Size: King
-Nic + Zoe 'Back of the Chair' Cardigan (Plus Size) -- Dark Cyan --1x
-Longchamp 'Le Pliage' Expandable Tote, Large (Nordstrom Exclusive) -- Navy
-CJ by Cookie Johnson 'Grace' Bootcut Stretch Jeans (Kahaluu)--34 (not sure on size)
-CJ by Cookie Johnson 'Grace' Bootcut Stretch Jeans (Kahaluu)--32 (not sure on size)
-Bobbi Brown 'Telluride Glow' Set (Nordstrom Exclusive) ($153 Value)

God that's painful to see outlined.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
YOU are my Nordstrom shopping hero!!!!!! And FWIW I love the CJ jeans.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1373479927|3480355 said:

But your credit card company loves you! :bigsmile:

Wow--that's impressive! My boyfriend's daughter is working at Nordstrom for the summer and in the beginning of the season she was worried because she wasn't making much money but everyone said just wait 'til July!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE Fryes. I have four pairs. I am forbidden by my husband to buy any more fryes, talk about fryes, or ask for fryes as presents.....

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm going to get a handbag or two...not sure what else. I was hoping to find something by Kwiat but the sale prices are still higher than regular prices from online vendors so that idea is out.

Also, I don't see the handbag I want on sale...guess I'll have to go into the store today or tomorrow during the presale.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
SB621|1373481064|3480371 said:
YOU are my Nordstrom shopping hero!!!!!! And FWIW I love the CJ jeans.

Lol, well Ill be returning a lot of it so it won't be as exciting...

I love the CJ's too, but I do end up hemming like a foot off of them. They're made for amazon people. I don't wear "leggings" or skinnies but her boot and straight legs are phenomenal! I hope the boots are dark, I hate light jeans. I know the color of the Kuts, they're the same as my current ones. They're dark enough to be doable.

Dee*Jay|1373481392|3480375 said:
ame|1373479927|3480355 said:

But your credit card company loves you! :bigsmile:

Wow--that's impressive! My boyfriend's daughter is working at Nordstrom for the summer and in the beginning of the season she was worried because she wasn't making much money but everyone said just wait 'til July!
Oh yea, July is the winner sale.

Nordstrom Bank does love me but not like they love my SIL. She throws down. I think if I keep losing weight and can keep it off theyll ADORE ME. I didn't want to buy much clotheswise but then my favorite jeans died, and the patches died, and I was like "Ok I have to do this now." So DH was like "get like 4 pair at least. You wear them daily and almost always have two in the wash or drying opposite what you have on. If they get big you buy new ones later and donate these."

soxfan|1373482249|3480385 said:
LOVE Fryes. I have four pairs. I am forbidden by my husband to buy any more fryes, talk about fryes, or ask for fryes as presents.....
I have 3 right now, and now Ill have 4. Sadly though I never wear what I do have....I don't know why I think I'll wear these. I laugh at myself for talking about fashion on my blog. I am NOT one to talk. I wear the same damn thing all the time, it's almost a self-made uniform. I don't know if it's because comfort trumps all, or because I found what works for me at this size or what.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
MC|1373483272|3480394 said:
I'm going to get a handbag or two...not sure what else. I was hoping to find something by Kwiat but the sale prices are still higher than regular prices from online vendors so that idea is out.

Also, I don't see the handbag I want on sale...guess I'll have to go into the store today or tomorrow during the presale.
If it was on the site prior to the sale its rarely going to be included in Anniversary, just FYI.

I am not checking out bags/wallets/jewelry luckily...

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
ame|1373483940|3480400 said:

If it was on the site prior to the sale its rarely going to be included in Anniversary, just FYI.

I am not checking out bags/wallets/jewelry luckily...

I ended up ordering a different one that I've had my eye on for a while. I also need a new wallet but the ones on sale are either too big or odd colors.

Maybe I'm not in a shopping mood b/c I don't see anything else I like. There is a cute blanket/throw that would match my couch perfectly but it's acrylic and handwash only...like I'd every handwash a blanket :rolleyes: and acrylic looks so bad after a few tosses in the washer....guess that is out.

Will go to the store to try on clothes/shoes. It's too hard to figure out sizing online.

I really wanted to get some jewelry but don't see anything I like.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Everyone keeps talking about it..I wish I had a Nordies card! But its probably for the best that I dont. Just curious, how much of a discount did you get on the Le Pilage tote? I want one!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That's some haul ame!! Good for you on the weight loss! I'm sure you're working hard to reach your goal, so you deserve some nice new things!

I HATE to shop for clothes, so I avoid stores unless I am in desperate need for something. I'm actually working on losing the 10 lbs. I've put on over the past couple of years just so I don't have to go shopping for new things....now, shopping for jewelry is a whole other kettle of fish!! ;))

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dani|1373543971|3480945 said:
Everyone keeps talking about it..I wish I had a Nordies card! But its probably for the best that I dont. Just curious, how much of a discount did you get on the Le Pilage tote? I want one!
I am not sure what I think of it yet...It's smaller in measurements than I thought it would be!

Pricing:
Sale: $126.90
After Sale: $190.00

yennyfire|1373546199|3480962 said:
That's some haul ame!! Good for you on the weight loss! I'm sure you're working hard to reach your goal, so you deserve some nice new things!

I HATE to shop for clothes, so I avoid stores unless I am in desperate need for something. I'm actually working on losing the 10 lbs. I've put on over the past couple of years just so I don't have to go shopping for new things....now, shopping for jewelry is a whole other kettle of fish!! ;))
I wore those jeans for years and loved them, I wore them completely out! I am hoping the ones I bought are identical or super close, and i REALLY hope that I can buy a smaller size ;-)

I had ordered a few things from C.Wonder last week and the cardigans fit, buttoned up, in an XL which to me was a big deal. I haven't fit into "designer" brands in years. The shirt I got...NO DICE, but that's normal even in plus size, bec my shoulders and boobs are just problem fits anyway. The body was actually fine for once, it was my shoulders! OMG!

PS and thanks!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

I've had my Nordies card since I was 18! lol I applied for that and Macy's as soon as I could get credit cards.

It's funny because this is the first time I've used my Nordstrom card in over a year and one of the previous times I had charged on it also was during a sale (I hate using credit cards, so the only reason I used it was to get the sale discount early which is GOOD because I just went back to the website to look for the handbag that I bought yesterday and it already sold out of the color I wanted/bought.)

ETA - and if you want to add to your online shopping discount, you can sign into ebates first and get 5% rebated to you w/Nordstrom right now.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
MC|1373568292|3481178 said:

I've had my Nordies card since I was 18! lol I applied for that and Macy's as soon as I could get credit cards.

It's funny because this is the first time I've used my Nordstrom card in over a year and one of the previous times I had charged on it also was during a sale (I hate using credit cards, so the only reason I used it was to get the sale discount early which is GOOD because I just went back to the website to look for the handbag that I bought yesterday and it already sold out of the color I wanted/bought.)

ETA - and if you want to add to your online shopping discount, you can sign into ebates first and get 5% rebated to you w/Nordstrom right now.

Wow. Methinks I need to get on that!:)

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

I use Ebates, but I have to do the "where's my money" nearly every time, because I never get credited anymore.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

MC, what are you looking for in Kwiat? Oakgem usually has a lot of stuff...or should I say rings.

cheers--Sharon

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there a preview link?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dani|1373630397|3481670 said:

Wow. Methinks I need to get on that!:)

The interest rate on the basic Nordstrom card is crazy - over 22%, maybe... Lol But, you get pre-sale shopping access & catalogues. It works out fine if you charge you CC just for the discount...you can even charge on your card, then go right up to c/s and pay off the charge to avoid the hassle of the bill. One great thing about the nord card, is you can pay your bill over the phone w/out any fee, too. They make it really easy for those who want the card for the perks.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
ame|1373657085|3481952 said:

I use Ebates, but I have to do the "where's my money" nearly every time, because I never get credited anymore.

How long have you been a member? I just joined in 2013 and googled to see if it was a scam...it seems you have to have $5.00+ in the rebate period to get a check and people sometimes had accumulated a bit less, which then means the money rolls over to the next pay period. When my first ck came, I expected my bank to call and say the ck was bogus, but it did clear. I decided to have them mail me a check rather than direct deposit. The next ck comes in August...crossing fingers on that one. Did you choose direct deposit?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal|1373663692|3482020 said:

HI:

MC, what are you looking for in Kwiat? Oakgem usually has a lot of stuff...or should I say rings.

cheers--Sharon

Sharon, mostly I wear earrings, so I had hoped to find a cute pair for a good price, but the prices are too high for uncertified stones. I do see a pendant I like, but again the sale price is too high...I could buy a Tiffany of similar ct wt for around the same (but, then I'd be more inclined to shop w/a PS vendor with excellent prices)...I'll ck out Oakgem bc there are a couple of pieces I like which didn't go on sale. I really only like traditional/classic styles which is why Kwiat caught my eye.

I'm on my ipad...I'll post the pendant link when the boys aren't on the computers.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
JulieN|1373669156|3482052 said:
Is there a preview link?

For the Nord sale? The preview option is for Nordstrom card & Nordstrom Visa card holders, so you need your email or card number to look online. The in-store has little tents set up. I just stormed into those to see what they had - you don't have to show a card upon entering, but need it to purchase early, which only matters if you want something that will sell out before the pre-sale. I quickly bought a small purse in the store which sold out w/in the day, but I might exchange it for one I like better, but it's not on sale :/

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MC|1373692758|3482252 said:

HI:

cheers--Sharon

Sharon, mostly I wear earrings, so I had hoped to find a cute pair for a good price, but the prices are too high for uncertified stones. I do see a pendant I like, but again the sale price is too high...I could buy a Tiffany of similar ct wt for around the same (but, then I'd be more inclined to shop w/a PS vendor with excellent prices)...I'll ck out Oakgem bc there are a couple of pieces I like which didn't go on sale. I really only like traditional/classic styles which is why Kwiat caught my eye.

I'm on my ipad...I'll post the pendant link when the boys aren't on the computers.

Yes, I'd like to see your choices. I really like their stuff and had no idea Nordstrom sold this brand...but I am Canadian so that is not a big stretch.

Ame has a pair of studs from Kwiat, and I have the starburst earrings. Nice/quality stuff. Hey I might even sell mine! (never wear them...) :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for starting the thread and pointing out the long champ lepliage! I've been meaning to buy one for my mom to use as a travelling carry on, but these expandable ones are even better! I ordered the gun metal - a neutral that's not too dark. :) nice to be done with x-mas shopping in July :lol:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
MC|1373692102|3482251 said:

How long have you been a member? I just joined in 2013 and googled to see if it was a scam...it seems you have to have $5.00+ in the rebate period to get a check and people sometimes had accumulated a bit less, which then means the money rolls over to the next pay period. When my first ck came, I expected my bank to call and say the ck was bogus, but it did clear. I decided to have them mail me a check rather than direct deposit. The next ck comes in August...crossing fingers on that one. Did you choose direct deposit?
I joined in 2010 or 2009 and it was great in the beginning but EVERY TIME I use it I have to fight with it. I use a paper check, because i don't want a debit, and I don't want them near my banking accounts. I am on Medifast and they're one of the options for stores, It takes a MONTH of arguing to get a credit. Suddenly Medifast doesn't have my transaction, or the order numbers don't match, and I pretty much have to escalate and post on the Ebates FB page about it every time to get someone senior involved. I bought a purse through the site from a store's site, the store happened to also have a sale going on, which you can usually stack, they wouldnt credit the purchase. I fought with them for a week over it. I buy things on sites like Nordstrom or Old Navy, two days after the purchase I get an email from Ebates saying "did you forget something? you never completed your transaction". The sale was done, shipped and in some cases I HAVE the item already. Then I get to spend the next week checking my account for the money to post, because they refuse to do anything about it til you wait a week.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal|1373728457|3482366 said:
MC|1373692758|3482252 said:

HI:

cheers--Sharon

Yes, I'd like to see your choices. I really like their stuff and had no idea Nordstrom sold this brand...but I am Canadian so that is not a big stretch.

Ame has a pair of studs from Kwiat, and I have the starburst earrings. Nice/quality stuff. Hey I might even sell mine! (never wear them...) :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon
I do have Kwiat studs from the sale. I even debated trying to do the upgrade program through the store, but neither of our stores have them in the store and this time I want to pick my set.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
PintoBean|1373758280|3482569 said:
Thanks for starting the thread and pointing out the long champ lepliage! I've been meaning to buy one for my mom to use as a travelling carry on, but these expandable ones are even better! I ordered the gun metal - a neutral that's not too dark. :) nice to be done with x-mas shopping in July :lol:
Sure thing! I got mine yesterday, the Navy, and it's nice. I was not sure whether or not it was worth having but I think I am going to keep it and pack it in my carry on for any purchases I make on vacation, or to have a backup bag on vacation. I bought a Le Sportsac crossbody (cleo?) to use as a purse bec it carries my DSLR in a padded small case, my wallet and my phone just fine and I didn't want to bring my nice leather bag on vacation in case it got wet.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I ordered a Rebecca Minkoff Cupid satchel in black. I chatted online and was told the hardware is silver. It looks black in the photo. I am not sureif I will like it, but it's on it's way! I have always loved the Nordstrom sale!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is my amended haul, bearing in mind that some may still go back. I got the first pairs of jeans yesterday in a shipment and the 14s barely buttoned, but cut off circulation. I had a serious meltdown, that was like "I lost all this weight, I have not lost inches, again, this is a repeat of last two times, this is a failure, why do I bother, I quit" etc. I really was having a bad night. I went today to return those, get the rest of my stuff, and try other stuff on....and walked out with:
1 Pr CJ by Cookie Johnson Faith Straight Leg SIZE 12!!!
1 Pr Wit & Wisdom "Itty Bitty" Bootcut Jeans SIZE 12!!!
2 Pr Kut from the Kloth Kate Bootcut Jeans Size 14 (Not in Anniversary Sale--pending size, had to be ordered)
2 Pr Kut from the Kloth Kate Bootcut Jeans Size 12(Not in Anniversary Sale--pending size, had to be ordered)
2 Halogen Cardigan--Polka Dots on Front--two colorways
2 Natori Bras
2 Strapless Bras (not on Anniversary, I just needed a strapless and couldn't try my size on)
Frye Veronica Back Zip Short Boot in Cognac--Size 8 1/2 (the 8 rubbed the top of my foot and didn't allow for anything other than super thin socks, but was the right length...)
Make & Model brand sleep pants, Navy Stripe, Size L
Gottex Swimsuit, three sizes (Not in Anniversary Sale--I need a swimsuit for vacation)
La Blanca Swimsuit, size 16 (Not in Anniversary Sale--I need a swimsuit for vacation)
2 Rebecca Minkoff Leather Zip Pouches (not sure if I will keep)
Longchamps Medium Expandable Tote, Navy
Shiseido Eye Cream set (returning, didn't read ingredients and two of the first 5 are allergies)
Clarisonic Opal set
2 Bobbi Brown Bronzers (returning, have similar ones already, totally impulse!)
Smashbox mini brush set
Beauty Blender duo (not on anniversary, just got two more to replace some dying ones)
Beauty Blender set (solid cleanser, a sponge and carry pouch--I love the sponges, and have another carry pouch, but I've never tried the solid cleanser, I really like the liquid one)
EmiJay ponytail holders, classic set
La Mer Handcream (not anniversary, just needed more, only one I use if I use handcream, call me a snob, but it works for me)
La Mer Cleansing Foam (not anniversary, but I am almost out of the gel, and the gel is being reformulated, trying this again. *Resting B!tch Face.*)

So I did a pretty good job, I'd say. And, 12s. WOOOHOOO!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
ame|1373765589|3482608 said:

I joined in 2010 or 2009 and it was great in the beginning but EVERY TIME I use it I have to fight with it. I use a paper check, because i don't want a debit, and I don't want them near my banking accounts. I am on Medifast and they're one of the options for stores, It takes a MONTH of arguing to get a credit. Suddenly Medifast doesn't have my transaction, or the order numbers don't match, and I pretty much have to escalate and post on the Ebates FB page about it every time to get someone senior involved. I bought a purse through the site from a store's site, the store happened to also have a sale going on, which you can usually stack, they wouldnt credit the purchase. I fought with them for a week over it. I buy things on sites like Nordstrom or Old Navy, two days after the purchase I get an email from Ebates saying "did you forget something? you never completed your transaction". The sale was done, shipped and in some cases I HAVE the item already. Then I get to spend the next week checking my account for the money to post, because they refuse to do anything about it til you wait a week.

Well, sounds like you've had more experience w/them...it'll be interesting to see what happens w/my account bc almost all my online shopping is Amazon & Old Navy, plus a couple big Nord purchases a couple times a year. My boys aren't into shopping but are picky about clothes, so I place online OLd Navy orders and have the kids try everything on at home...I see I have a rebate coming in August. The only confusing part is I was suppose to get a Target $10 card, though it never arrived.

It's good that you picked the check route. I can't imagine giving them access to banking info..

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
MC|1373788241|3482708 said:
ame|1373765589|3482608 said:

Well, sounds like you've had more experience w/them...it'll be interesting to see what happens w/my account bc almost all my online shopping is Amazon & Old Navy, plus a couple big Nord purchases a couple times a year. My boys aren't into shopping but are picky about clothes, so I place online OLd Navy orders and have the kids try everything on at home...I see I have a rebate coming in August. The only confusing part is I was suppose to get a Target $10 card, though it never arrived.

It's good that you picked the check route. I can't imagine giving them access to banking info..
I never got that card either, fyi. The one you select when you sign up.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
I had way too much fun yesterday at the sale!

My loot:
2 pairs of Paige jeans
11 tops (combo of short sleeve blouses, open front sweaters, tanks, and some long sleeve tops)
1 skirt
1 pair of Miz Mooz boots
1 pair of See by Chloe flats
1 pair of Vince Camuto booties
a scarf, a necklace and a bracelet (just some fun costume jewelry)

And that doesn't include the Hudson jeans and La Mere cream I bought 2 weeks ago :naughty:

I need to put my Nordie's card away! lol

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results