shape
carat
color
clarity

NorCal Trip to Tiffany/Lalique/Faberge Exhibit

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Hi ladies,

I know asscher girl and some others had expressed interest in the exhibit currently going on at the Palace of the Legion of Honor in San Francisco. For those not familiar, here is the link.

I had the pleasure of going with my DH a few weeks ago, but would love to go back with any PSers that might be interested. The exhibit runs until May 31, so we''ve got plenty of weekends to choose from. In general, Saturdays almost always work better for me, so I''d love to hear what dates might work for others. I''m thinking (to give people plenty of time to plan and hopefully make it), maybe:

April 18th
May 2
May 16

Any of these dates sound like they''d work for people?

I''d recommend planning to get there earlier rather than later, because it was pretty crowded when I went with DH on a Saturday. Also, the museum cafe is a lovely spot to get lunch.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
SDL - if it does, you TOTALLY have to go - its AMAZING
30.gif
30.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I would probably go to any of them.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
awesome innerkitten - it really is a fantastic exhibit - so many gorgeous pieces to see
30.gif
30.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Just bumping this for those who haven''t seen - I know there must be others who would be interested
1.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
being members, we saw this exhibit the day before it opened. go if you can.

mz

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Maybe try posting in the colored stone forum?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m interested, and I think any of those dates are free. One of my former co-workers now lives in Cleveland where this show opened -- she liked it so much she saw it six times (!) and wrote her northern California friends to recommend that they see it.

SDL, I believe this exhibit is only being shown in Cleveland and San Francisco:

http://www.artmagick.com/exhibitions/exhibition.aspx?id=457.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi AG! I''m so sorry, didn''t I say I would post about this? I totally forgot! I would love to go though. April 18th or May 16th would work for me. I''ll be in Maui at the end of April, can you believe it''s going to be our 1 yr anniversary? Crazy!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OK, so it looks like April 18th and May 16th are both popular options - anyone else have an idea what dates would/wouldn''t work for them?

I''m thinking we should all probably just plan to meet at the museum, although if anyone wants to carpool from within the city I''m game for that - parking was a bit of a hassle when I went with DH.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
MIL is coming to town in April (don''t know when of course), so I think May would be better for me. I''d love to come!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 1:51:31 PM
Author: Gypsy
MIL is coming to town in April (don''t know when of course), so I think May would be better for me. I''d love to come!

And we''d love to have you
2.gif
Seriously this is one of those things I just think you would so very much enjoy. So we''ll lean towards the May 16th date for now - sounds like that is working for the most people so far
9.gif
Do let us know if you get more details about your MIL''s visit, though.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d love to. But all the information is being filtered to John. Who is about as vocal as a clam. I keep saying... I KNOW she sent you her flight information.. can you forward it to me. Argh. Men.

35.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Haha - they can be useless about stuff like that, can''t they?
20.gif

Ah well, it looks like the May date works for everyone (May 16th), so I think we should tentatively stick to that right now anyway...

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Bump - for those who may not have seen this...

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Wanted to bump this as we''re getting closer to the date - it looks like this GTG will take place on May 16th, so let me know if you can make it
1.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to bump again, and also point out that Rebecca Minkoff is having a sample sale in San Francisco on May 16th. I''m planning on heading over there after the GTG that day, if anyone might be interested in joining me (violet? asschergirl?)
12.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm on the phone with Harleigh -- we'll be there for the exhibit, and we're trying to recruit two friends to join us.

Do you have a meet-up time in mind?

(Haven't chatted about the jewelry show yet
2.gif
)

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh! This looks like an awesome exhibit. I''m probably moving out of my apartment that weekend so I''ll be busy but I wish I could go!
15.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to bump this thread again - we are up to about 12 people who are going to this exhibit on May 16. If we can get two more people committed to going, we qualify for a special group rate for tickets ($4 off the normal price), so if you think you can make it, let me know!

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh! I wanna go! I''m in Seattle though. DH says he''ll take me, we can do a road trip over a long weekend maybe; I doubt the 16th is possible though- I can sometimes squeeze a Sunday off but Saturday, probably not. If anyone from PS sees me there, say hi.
25.gif
I''ll be showing off the enormous Lalique dragonfly / woman tattoo on my back.
9.gif

I adore Rene Lalique''s work, and collect what little I can afford. Tiffany & Faberge are lovely too, but Lalique is definitely my favorite. Sound like the Lalique is going to be mostly the jewelry and one-off Art Nouveau things if they''re going by the Paris exhibit theme, not the later Art Deco mass produced glass, which should be fun. (Someday I would love to see an exhibit of Lalique credit some of his designers, like Pierre D''Avesn, who created some of the most famous of the "R. Lalique" glassware: the Serpents vase, and the Tourbillons vase to name a few.)

tigian

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been wanting to go to this exhibit and I had no idea all these PSers were meeting up. I''m bummed that I will be missing this event. I have an engagement party to go to and it is my DH birthday on the 16th. I''m sure it''s going to be a great exhibit and fun meeting.

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
My husband and I went with my coworker this Sunday. WOW! Serioulsy if anyone is considering going - just do it! The pieces were really breathtaking!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m flying to San Fran/San Jose tomorrow! Sadly, I''m leaving Saturday afternoon. If I wasn''t, I would have loved to join.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kama, any chance of changing your flight to an evening flight? I''d love to meet you!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2009 4:01:19 PM
Author: Gypsy
Kama, any chance of changing your flight to an evening flight? I''d love to meet you!

Ditto! And we''re actually meeting in the morning (at 10am) so you could probably still come for the first part of the day, depending on what time your plane leaves? I''d love to meet you too!
9.gif

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, let me try! I don''t know what time we''re leaving, it''s around 1 pm I think. I booked my flight with airmiles, I''m not sure if I can change it. I''ll give it a shot this afternoon.
1.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2009 1:37:40 PM
Author: kama_s
Aww, let me try! I don''t know what time we''re leaving, it''s around 1 pm I think. I booked my flight with airmiles, I''m not sure if I can change it. I''ll give it a shot this afternoon.
1.gif

Woohoo!! Fingers crossed
36.gif
36.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY! Thank you for trying Kama!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2009 5:55:42 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 3/12/2009 11:57:51 PM
Author: VRBeauty
I''m interested, and I think any of those dates are free. One of my former co-workers now lives in Cleveland where this show opened -- she liked it so much she saw it six times (!) and wrote her northern California friends to recommend that they see it.

SDL, I believe this exhibit is only being shown in Cleveland and San Francisco:

http://www.artmagick.com/exhibitions/exhibition.aspx?id=457.
sniffly%20sad.gif
Sad.. oh so sad. I wish for a weekend in SF, we just dont have time right now..
Oh man, I totally want to go to. The exhibit really needs to come to San Diego!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results