shape
carat
color
clarity

NorCal Trip to Tiffany/Lalique/Faberge Exhibit

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I saw a Lalique exhibit in Paris in 2007. It was primarily his jewelry and a smaller amount of Art Nouveau glass. The detail work on his jewelry is truly incredible.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sooo...Gypsy and Amber, I have bad news. I wasn''t able to change my flight to a later one
7.gif
. I have to be at the airport by 11:30 latest, how long would you think it would take me to get from where you guys are meeting up to the airport?

We are staying in San Jose, so I have a feeling it might end up being too tight. Check-out hotel and have breakfast by 9am, drive down to San Fran by 10am, and might have to leave by 10:30 I think?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yikes. Yeah, that''s going to be unfortunately tight and a LOT of travelling for seeing a bunch of bling obsessed PSers for a 1/2 hour. We''d love to have you there, I mean that... but I''m not sure it would be worth the stress on you. Do you get up here often? Cause next time you come up we can plan to meet up with you, if it''s more convenient. That''s ALWAYS an option.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
True. I think it might be too tight to do. I come down around once a year (Mr. Kama comes down every 2-3 months though, so I can come down more often too). We can definitely plan something for next time especially since dont do much when I tag along, just shop and catch up on reading material!

Sucks I''m going to miss you guys. I promise to give more notice next time around
1.gif

Have fun ya''ll!

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
So.... how was it? Did anyone take pics, etc? How did you guys make out on the RM sale?

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/17/2009 10:02:48 PM
Author: mia1181
So.... how was it? Did anyone take pics, etc? How did you guys make out on the RM sale?
Im curious to know as well! Missed you guys on my flight home.
7.gif
How was the RM sale??

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry to update so late. We had a lovely time! The exhibit was really great. The Tiffany pieces were beautiful and it was so neat to see so many stone indigenous to the US used (montana sapphires, US turqouise) , and the Lalique was beautiful as well. But the Fabrege were the most remarkable because so many of them were the height of frivolity and decadence. There was even a minature diamond studded bidet
emotion-40.gif

We had a nice lunch and spent time catching up and chatting about life (and PS of course) and talking about our next GTG... which we are planning for July. It was wonderful to see everyone again, and we missed everyone who couldn't make it.

The gemstones were the most remarkable for me. I don't particularly care for amethysts but there was this one necklace made up of strands entirely of bezeled VIVID violet fire (with teeny tiny diamond bezels in the chain) with minute milgrain that was just so fine, it knocked my socks off. I think it was a Fabrege piece, but I could be wrong. And the Aquamarines were amazing... grayish ones, greenish ones, vivid blue ones from Siberia. WOW. And we ALL stood and stared at the Apatite (Spelling???) which was a blue/green stone that just glowed and mezmerized. We ALL wanted a few of those. Those were set with Montana Sapphires in a knock out high carat yellow gold medallion with type pendant and the entire piece was just amazing. By Tiffany.

The quality of workmanship was also astonishing. Some of the lacquer work was just jaw dropping. There were vases, and tea sets and lots of silver centerpieces (really ornate and huge ones) and there was an ENTIRE dressing table (human sized, not like the bidet) made (according to the sign) entirely of silver... and the cushion was upholstered in red velvet and there was ivory too... and the ivory was put on the bottom on the legs of the table and the stool... so not only did they sit at vanity of silver, but they SAT on ivory. Ridiculous.

And people say we live in a materialistic age now! Some the pieces really just made you wonder at the people who commissioned/owned them. A different world... a different planet!

Overall we had a lot of fun and it was a GREAT idea on AG's part to have us all attend. It was a nice change of pace from our bling shopping outings. The morning itself was gorgeous and the view from the presidio... OMG. It was phenominal. We weren't allowed to take pictures at the exhibit, but I know AG took pics of the view and of some of our jewelry AND of this ridiculous little dog (the most ridiculous little ADD thing you have ever seen!) with a pink bow harness and BLING. The little doggie really brought home the point that frivolity is alive and well today. But it was cute. Funny looking (reminded me of Lorelei's bunny with the eyelashes in terms of hilarity) but cute.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy said it much better than I could!! I''m working on uploading the pics and will post later tonight or tomorrow
1.gif

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
It sounded like a great time! So bummed I missed it!
15.gif
But have we picked a date for the July one? I''d love to see you girls before AG and I move away.
15.gif
Either way, I think we still have a raincheck that has yet to be redeemed for a mani-pedi or lunch date, no? Things have been pretty crazy for me these past few months and now that DH has gone I am finally getting my stuff together. But I''d like to get together with you guys at some point. And I want to see that pendant!
9.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2009 8:26:42 PM
Author: mia1181
It sounded like a great time! So bummed I missed it!
15.gif
But have we picked a date for the July one? I''d love to see you girls before AG and I move away.
15.gif
Either way, I think we still have a raincheck that has yet to be redeemed for a mani-pedi or lunch date, no? Things have been pretty crazy for me these past few months and now that DH has gone I am finally getting my stuff together. But I''d like to get together with you guys at some point. And I want to see that pendant!
9.gif

We DEFINITELY still have a girls'' day out to schedule - I''d really like to try to find a time for that before I leave town in September. Now that your schedule is a little more flexible (mine is too!) we can hopefully find a day that works
1.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OK, I have pictures!! First off is a series of Gypsy''s lovely pendant - SO GORGEOUS in person, absolute perfection
30.gif
30.gif

gypsypendantlohpic11.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Next, a couple of pics of my rings...

AGringlohpic11.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
And the gorgeous, mesmerizing asscher of Mrs. Asschergirl - its so beautiful in person
30.gif
30.gif

asscherGringpicloh11.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
The spectacular stunner of Ms. Beacon
30.gif
9.gif

Beacringpicloh11.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
One more of Beacon''s ring...the workmanship on this ring is so beautiful - its all so delicate, and yet so blingy
1.gif

Beacringpicloh22.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
And some pics of the funny fluffy white dog of which Ms. Gypsy was speaking - this dog was really so funny - it sort of looked like a moving ball of fur, with occasional glimpses of face or legs
3.gif

funnyfluffywhite11.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
One more of the funny doggy...

funnyfluffywhite33.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
And last, but DEFINITELY not least, some shots of the AMAZING view - it was such a perfect day, and the views from the area around the museum were absolutely spectacular.

lohviewpic11.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results