shape
carat
color
clarity

NorCal Trip to Tiffany/Lalique/Faberge Exhibit

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Last one - hope you enjoy the pics - the GTG was, as always, lovely
9.gif

lohviewpic77.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AmberGretchen, thank you for suggesting this GTG and pulling it together!

For those who were not able to make it, a friend and I drove up from Sactown just in time to meet the rest of the group for lunch. So we caught the Lalique/Faberge/Tiffany exhibit after lunch, when some of the other PSer's had moved on to purses. Oh my goodness, that exhibit was just an incredible collection of exquisite artistry, craftsmanship, and bling! I was stunned by the delicate petals and leaves carved out of jadeite and other stones... kept imagining what might happen with the slightest wrong move! I'd never seen a real Faberge egg in person before either. Just beautiful! I do wish American museums would allow you to take photographs. Oh well. At least I got to enjoy the pieces, and dream about holding and wearing them, for a little while.

I was amazed to realize that I had never been to the Museum of Fine Arts before. (I think I tried to make it there once or twice in my pre-car days but never did for some reason.) We spend an hour or two just perusing the regular collections. The curators have done a spectacular job of selecting and displaying their holdings. I especially liked their display of pre-Raphaelite paintings. (I'm just a big ol slobbering romantic at heart, I guess!)

We were still there at the beginning of the weekly free pipe organ concert (4pm, every Saturday). Totally. Cool. The pipes are housed in the upper walls surrounding the rotunda, hidden behind canvas painted to look like a marble block wall and you can hear them pretty much anywhere on the first floor! Unfortunately for me (though not for my companion (
2.gif
)) we weren't able to stay for much of the concert. I guess I'll just have to go back some day to explore some more and take in another concert...

Whew! Anyhow, I really recommend a visit to the Museum of Fine Arts at the Palace of the Legion of Honor to anyone who has the good fortune to live in or near the Bay Area.

It was so much fun to catch up with the PS group and oggle the new bling. Mia, hope to have a chance to meet you at before you move out of the area!

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for posting Pics AG, yes we need to do a girls day out soon! I leave in August (I think), but now that I have some more time we'll definitely get together.

Gypsy that pendant is beautiful!

That dog is funny! I can't tell what is the front and what is the back!
9.gif

ETA- vrbeauty I'd love to meet you as well! I'm hoping to make it to the July GTG, but I will probably be out of town from 7/4-7/11 for my sister's wedding so as long it's not then I should be able to do it.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
VR Beauty - I''m so glad you guys made it to join us for lunch. It was so lovely getting to see you and meet your friend
1.gif
And I''m so thrilled that you guys got to see the exhibit and then explore the museum - DH and I went back in February when the exhibit opened, and we loved the museum - it is just so lovely, and I agree with you, the collections are small but exquisite
30.gif
The pipe organ concert sounds amazing - I am going to have to try to catch that before I leave town!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2009 10:41:45 PM
Author: mia1181
Thanks for posting Pics AG, yes we need to do a girls day out soon! I leave in August (I think), but now that I have some more time we''ll definitely get together.

Gypsy that pendant is beautiful!

That dog is funny! I can''t tell what is the front and what is the back!
9.gif

ETA- vrbeauty I''d love to meet you as well! I''m hoping to make it to the July GTG, but I will probably be out of town from 7/4-7/11 for my sister''s wedding so as long it''s not then I should be able to do it.

Mia - LOL, you really couldn''t tell at first glance which was which end of the dog, except by the direction in which it was moving at any given time
3.gif

And if you know you''ll be out town that week, we''ll just have to do it some other time in July. I''ll be around the whole month, and my schedule is actually more flexible after the middle of the month, because that''s when I''m wrapping things up in lab for good (week of 7/13), and then I''ll really, truly, be completely done with school
9.gif
9.gif

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like you all had a fantastic time! The exhibit must have been divine....ahhhhhhhh. Thanks for sharing all those fab pics, Amber!

violet02

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry I missed it!! Sounds like it was a great day.

Count me in for sure on the next outing for whatever might be going on! I''m not working these days so plenty more free time coming up.
1.gif

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
AG - thanks so much for making this trip come together and taking me to the sample sale!
1.gif
The exhibit was incredible, I too have never seen a Faberge egg in person, and OMG they are amazing!!!

It was so great seeing all of you lovly ps ladies, I had a great time catching up over lunch.

Gypsy - I
30.gif
that BGD pendant! Absolutely incredible! (Brian and Lesley - you guys out did yourselves w/ that one!)

Beacon - I''ll be sure to keep you posted on my house hunting adventure
2.gif
I hope it all comes together soon!

Looking forward to seeing everyone in July! My schedule is pretty free that month, so no worries there. See you alll soon!
10.gif

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Oh violet, were you laid off? If so, I''m sorry to hear that. Hope to see you at the next GTG though!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Looks like you all had a lot of fun! Sorry I missed it.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
OMG, I just saw this thread and the photos of the doggie are hilarious!! Great work AG. You can see the blue tag on the fur ball that says "service dog". Now what sort of service I have no idea. The dog''s owner was quite blinged out and was carrying the dog in a Louis Vuitton bag before she let the pup ot for a walk.

I do know people who have gotten the "service dog'' designation just so they could take their dog anywhere they want. I kinda wonder if this was one of those.

We had a great time at the museum, perfect day, fun PS group, beautiful objects. Perfection!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results