shape
carat
color
clarity

Non-Engagement Thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Food Network is the best.

Good Eats. Tyler''s Ultimate. Throwdown. Dinner Impossible.

I haven''t seen top chef yet. We usually switch between Food Network and DIY.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/10/2009 11:56:23 AM
Author: shertz1981
I''ve been to Mike Isabella''s (Top Chef contestant) restaurant in DC, and a bunch of my friends are going to Volt (Bryan Voltaggio''s place) sometime soon!

I love going to cheftestants'' restaurants. :)

I''ve long been a fan of Zaytinya, but after watching him on the show I feel less inclined to patronize his place.

So I''ll stick to Jaleo and Oyamel! Although I don''t live in DC currently, so this is just an idle threat...

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
He is kind of a dirtbag, isn''t he? I wanted to smack him last night for trying to take credit for Bryan''s work. Jerkmunch.

Oyamel is the BEST, but I don''t have the guts to try the grasshopper taco

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Great idea Jessie. In fact, I LOVE this idea.

Date: 9/8/2009 6:18:37 PM
Author: sillyberry
So I''ve been making DIY wedding favor labels for a non-existent wedding. I''m so lame...
haha! And I thought I was bad!
6.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2009 6:44:13 PM
Author: Jessie702
Ive done that too, with the labels, thats why i firgured there has to be some other DIY stuff thats not wedding related that we can do. I think i might stop at the crafts store and see cuz im going crazy., Oooo maybe i can do some shoes or something.
You know, I''m just as bad. My mind is wedding related ANYTHING and it doesn''t help that my cousin got engaged and I''m helping to find gowns, venues....oh my!

Something I just did last weekend....my mom bought bird houses at the local craft store and asked me to paint them. I sat down and did that. I felt completely relaxed while doing it. Painting is one of my favorite things to do that I don''t often do much at the moment. It was great. She wants more so I might buy some for her and paint them.

BTW, I went to the card store to buy FF a birthday card when I found a Tiffany Blue looking box that ties. It''s a gift box of sorts. I was so excited about it and thought it would be great for my **not happening yet wedding** my mom happened to be with me so I showed her and she''s like "What the heck do you need that thing for?!" when I thought to myself.....your right. What the heck for. I''ve got to stop seeing everything in the world as something I can use in my wedding. grrrrrrrr

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I love the Food Network. But seems like everytime I turn it on they are making cakes somewhere. We watch a lot of HGTV. House Hunters, Property Virgins. These shows are amazing.

Another distraction is that the new tv season is starting. I watch Survivor. That's a good distraction! Bad influence is The Office. Pam and Jim are about to get married.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
K, so i started collecting recpeices for the my christmas gifts, if anyone else any good ones, send them here, i so need them

Parsley

Shiny_Rock
shertz, it's belated but, Oh em gee, rainbow cake. I'm already a huge child when it comes to brightly coloured food stuffs, now I've got that on the brain! I spent most of my day yesterday looking at rainbow cakes and different methods and whatnot, instead of packing like I should have been! :razz: It's also given me a sudden urge to take up cake baking as a hobby, which is not what
1) my waist needs (or any part of me come to that!)
2) my degree needs (just about to start my final year)
3) my purse needs
It would be what my friends needs, cause I am an *awesome* cake baker, but I doubt they'd thank me to be honest.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/10/2009 7:56:21 PM
K, so i started collecting recpeices for the my christmas gifts, if anyone else any good ones, send them here, i so need them

Recipes to make into a cookbook or recipes to cook and give as gifts?

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve started doing graphic design invitations - I''m getting pretty good, if I do say so myself!

I''ve decided boy and I are hosting a party just so I can use them.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
No, like a little cookbook for christmas gifts with picturs of C and i

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know if any of you are sports fiends, but my boyfriend read me this ditty from Bill Simmons today and I laughed hysterically. So I thought I would share!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Sports Guy

GREAT CALL OF THE WEEK

Niners (+6.5) over CARDINALS
All right, it''s time for our Miller Lite Great Call of the Week, my weekly quest to either praise a decision I loved or defend a decision previously thought to be indefensible. As you probably have heard, San Francisco rookie holdout Michael Crabtree still hasn''t signed. Why? He believes he was the best receiver in the 2009 draft, so even though he was picked three spots after Darrius Heyward-Bey -- who signed with Oakland for $23.5 million over seven years -- according to the Crabtree Scouting Ratings, he still should be paid like the best rookie receiver because every mock draft had him higher than Heyward-Bey. And you know what? He''s right.

Let''s flip this around. You''re 29. You''ve been dating the same girl for nearly three years. She is the best catch of her college friends. One of her less fetching friends meets a guy who is wealthier and more successful than you. Inexplicably, he proposes within seven months. It makes no sense. She totally outkicked her coverage with this guy; he doesn''t even know about her "Girls Gone Wild" appearance yet. Still, the whole thing plants those "if she''s getting married, what''s wrong with me?" doubts in your girlfriend. She wants a ring, and she wants it now. You can''t believe it. You thought you had already worked this out -- you were going to wait to get married until you were financially stable. You take her out to dinner and make the following argument: Look, just because somebody proposed to your crazy friend doesn''t mean that: (A) she''s better than you; or (B) this should affect your situation in any way.

Basically, this is Crabtree''s argument. He is better than Heyward-Bey. Everyone agreed in April. The Raiders passed for the simple reason that they are the dumbest franchise in the league, as we keep remembering every few months. San Francisco was blessed to get a top-five talent at No. 10. It should pay for this blessing. So far, it has not done so. Crabtree is being called crazy, but really, he just believes in his own talent. He really WOULD throw away this season to prove a point. That''s not crazy, that''s conviction! Michael Crabtree might be ruining his career and setting hundreds of thousands of dollars on fire, but at least he earned my Miller Lite Great Call of the Week.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Oooooo, i hope my bf doesnt find this post, he is a HUGE Cards fan! HUGE........

So i firgured out what to get the bfs, well make for christmas. Im going to pratice this, this week though. Ive noticed when i try to do a project at home, i have to prative it out on myself first, or Bf, but since its for him, i cant use him as my guinea pig
27.gif

We both are HUGE dolphin Fans, yes we lost our first game. Well, he doesnt have a Dolphin blanket, so im going to make him a Dolphin blankt fleece. Now, i can only find one type of Dolphin fleece, so im thinking of making one side just white, what do you ladies think? Do you think it would be too much, or get too dirty? Or Maybe Cards on one side and Dolphins on the other. Or possibly two, so one can be for football and one for Baseball......or do i include the Maimi Heat too??? AAARGGGhhhhh the many possiblities are driving me crazy....hereso fleece pictures, which should i use?
33.gif
34.gif
33.gif

http://www.hancockfabrics.com/MLB-St--Louis-Cardinals-Fleece-Fabric-Pro-Sports-Prints_stcVVproductId48185164VVcatId539033VVviewprod.htm

http://www.hancockfabrics.com/MLB-St--Louis-Cardinals-Navy-Blue-Fleece-Pro-Sports-Prints_stcVVproductId48182460VVcatId539033VVviewprod.htm

http://www.hancockfabrics.com/NBA-Miami-Heat-Maroon-Fleece-Fabric-Pro-Sports-Prints_stcVVproductId48186788VVcatId539033VVviewprod.htm

http://www.hancockfabrics.com/NFL-Miami-Dolphins-Green-Fleece-Fabric-Pro-Sports-Prints_stcVVproductId48183804VVcatId539033VVviewprod.htm

theres also other different prints! So many options

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/14/2009 5:24:10 PM
Oooooo, i hope my bf doesnt find this post, he is a HUGE Cards fan! HUGE........

So i firgured out what to get the bfs, well make for christmas. Im going to pratice this, this week though. Ive noticed when i try to do a project at home, i have to prative it out on myself first, or Bf, but since its for him, i cant use him as my guinea pig
27.gif

We both are HUGE dolphin Fans, yes we lost our first game. Well, he doesnt have a Dolphin blanket, so im going to make him a Dolphin blankt fleece. Now, i can only find one type of Dolphin fleece, so im thinking of making one side just white, what do you ladies think? Do you think it would be too much, or get too dirty? Or Maybe Cards on one side and Dolphins on the other. Or possibly two, so one can be for football and one for Baseball......or do i include the Maimi Heat too??? AAARGGGhhhhh the many possiblities are driving me crazy....hereso fleece pictures, which should i use?
33.gif
34.gif
33.gif

http://www.hancockfabrics.com/MLB-St--Louis-Cardinals-Fleece-Fabric-Pro-Sports-Prints_stcVVproductId48185164VVcatId539033VVviewprod.htm

http://www.hancockfabrics.com/MLB-St--Louis-Cardinals-Navy-Blue-Fleece-Pro-Sports-Prints_stcVVproductId48182460VVcatId539033VVviewprod.htm

http://www.hancockfabrics.com/NBA-Miami-Heat-Maroon-Fleece-Fabric-Pro-Sports-Prints_stcVVproductId48186788VVcatId539033VVviewprod.htm

http://www.hancockfabrics.com/NFL-Miami-Dolphins-Green-Fleece-Fabric-Pro-Sports-Prints_stcVVproductId48183804VVcatId539033VVviewprod.htm

Oh do a solid Fins orange on the other side -- it'll look soooo good.

Hey Parsley -- the only calories come from the cake mix in the box! Make a single layer instead of a double, and frosting from Cool Whip Free and SF Jello pudding mix (I like the butterscotch), and it's a diet-friendly treat!!!!

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2009 5:45:06 PM
Author: shertz1981

Date: 9/14/2009 5:24:10 PM

27.gif

33.gif
34.gif
33.gif

Oh do a solid Fins orange on the other side -- it''ll look soooo good.

Hey Parsley -- the only calories come from the cake mix in the box! Make a single layer instead of a double, and frosting from Cool Whip Free and SF Jello pudding mix (I like the butterscotch), and it''s a diet-friendly treat!!!!

Ooooooo, your right! Thanks so much.....mmmmm, looks like C will be getting all of his teams blankets! I gotta go a Miami Heat, even thought i hate them, one for him too!!

Wait, whats diet friendly? Wheress the receipe? Did i so miss it?

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Would it be ok to talk about the good stuff in our work/career that is keeping us occupied? I have a lot going on and that is keeping me distracted (and sadly away from coking and DYI projects).

But other than that, I am moving, which means I am furniture shopping. That is fun ;-).

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Furniture shopping is always fun. I love it, it sicks that the bf and i have didnt taste for certain rooms, but i still love it

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
So today is the day ladies, that im gonna work on C''s blanket. I think i want to do a trail run with one of his other favorite teams, just in case it comes out bad. LoL....Ill post pics as soon as im done!

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Yesterday I read "Love the One You''re With" by Emily Giffin.

Really enjoyed it! I''m a fan of chick lit generally (oh, my not-so-secret shame), but thought this was particularly good. Very relatable to me.

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/18/2009 3:08:31 PM
Yesterday I read ''Love the One You''re With'' by Emily Giffin.

Really enjoyed it! I''m a fan of chick lit generally (oh, my not-so-secret shame), but thought this was particularly good. Very relatable to me.
I adore chick lit, and if any of my colleagues found out (we''re all writer and editors), I''d be laughed out of DC. :)

I''m reading "Techincal Hitch," by Jane Sigaloff. <3 her

I loved "Love the One You''re With," but really hated Giffin''s third book, "Baby Proof."

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
sillyberry, I just read your post with that snippet about Crabtree, and I''m inTEARS. TOO FUNNY. I''d probably KILL to make when the Niners are offereing him, and he''s pouting in a corner. *sigh* And what was wrong with the chef at Zaytinya??? I must have missed whatever episode you''re talking about...cuz that''s one of my favorite DC Restaurants and I''d HATE to have to boycott it for some reason!
15.gif

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/18/2009 3:41:07 PM
Author: vc10um
sillyberry, I just read your post with that snippet about Crabtree, and I''m inTEARS. TOO FUNNY. I''d probably KILL to make when the Niners are offereing him, and he''s pouting in a corner. *sigh* And what was wrong with the chef at Zaytinya??? I must have missed whatever episode you''re talking about...cuz that''s one of my favorite DC Restaurants and I''d HATE to have to boycott it for some reason!
15.gif

Mike I. just seems like such a misogynist. Hating on Jen, talking about Robyn as "the old lady I have to beat," acting like the girls are inferior (granted, they have seemed weaker this season, but as individuals not as chicks). He''s also a hanger-on, joining up with the more talented Voltaggio brothers and pretending like he had as much to do with their amazing dishes.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2009 4:12:37 PM

15.gif

Mike I. just seems like such a misogynist. Hating on Jen, talking about Robyn as ''the old lady I have to beat,'' acting like the girls are inferior (granted, they have seemed weaker this season, but as individuals not as chicks). He''s also a hanger-on, joining up with the more talented Voltaggio brothers and pretending like he had as much to do with their amazing dishes.

Well that''s unfortunate, since we all know Jose is really the brains behind Zaytinya anyway. I''m still trying to get up the guts to go for the grasshopper taco at Oyamel just to say I''ve done it. But I''m pretty sure on a good day, I can still imagine the taste of the best bloody mary I''ve EVER had...which was made with Absolut Peppar and Jaleo''s Gazpacho blended super smooth. Yummmmmm!

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/18/2009 9:48:51 PM

Date: 9/18/2009 4:12:37 PM

15.gif

Mike I. just seems like such a misogynist. Hating on Jen, talking about Robyn as ''the old lady I have to beat,'' acting like the girls are inferior (granted, they have seemed weaker this season, but as individuals not as chicks). He''s also a hanger-on, joining up with the more talented Voltaggio brothers and pretending like he had as much to do with their amazing dishes.

Well that''s unfortunate, since we all know Jose is really the brains behind Zaytinya anyway. I''m still trying to get up the guts to go for the grasshopper taco at Oyamel just to say I''ve done it. But I''m pretty sure on a good day, I can still imagine the taste of the best bloody mary I''ve EVER had...which was made with Absolut Peppar and Jaleo''s Gazpacho blended super smooth. Yummmmmm!
So I''m thinking we need a DC LIW trek to Zaytinya, Oyamel or Bryan V''s restaurant in Frederick ....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results