shape
carat
color
clarity

Nobody insures loose stones? Then how do I ship?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/24/2006 12:11:42 PM
Author: squawks
Not mentioned yet is the fact that you can just ship via USPS registered priority mail. While it''s not obviously as fast as overnight the package will still arrive in 3-5 days and better yet, you can insure the registered package up to multi-million dollar values (there is no limit).

I don''t see how 3-5 days can kill you compared to overnight delivery.

FedEx and UPS do not insure packages - online vendors who ship to you via FedEx/UPS have their own binding insurance agreements.
Actually, I did mention it several posts above.
1.gif

Registered mail is one thing. It all goes first class. As Mara says below, it is not different if it is regular or priority. We used a priority mail box to put my package in, but it wasn''t going priority because all registered mail goes first class and stays under lock and key.

Mara is also right about the appraisal not mattering. You''d have to show the sales receipt for what you paid to make the claim. I had to do it one time for an ebay item I received that was broken.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2006 12:57:20 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Date: 5/24/2006 12:11:42 PM

Author: squawks

Not mentioned yet is the fact that you can just ship via USPS registered priority mail. While it''s not obviously as fast as overnight the package will still arrive in 3-5 days and better yet, you can insure the registered package up to multi-million dollar values (there is no limit).

I don''t see how 3-5 days can kill you compared to overnight delivery.

FedEx and UPS do not insure packages - online vendors who ship to you via FedEx/UPS have their own binding insurance agreements.

Actually, I did mention it several posts above.
1.gif

Registered mail is one thing. It all goes first class. As Mara says below, it is not different if it is regular or priority. We used a priority mail box to put my package in, but it wasn''t going priority because all registered mail goes first class and stays under lock and key.

Mara is also right about the appraisal not mattering. You''d have to show the sales receipt for what you paid to make the claim. I had to do it one time for an ebay item I received that was broken.

That is true for doing insurance claims through USPS. I''m actually going through that right now (I bought some dishes on eBay and they broke, stupid, stupid. I''ll never do that again!). Anyways, if you have to use USPS insurance to make a claim, it''s a TOTAL hassle. As is any insurance I''m sure. I know UPS insurance is a total hassle too.

Anyways, in regards to the appraisal value, I think we''re talking about Chubb''s 60day insurance on a loose stone. I''m going to check into that. But if Chubb only goes off of a printed appraisal letter, then that won''t work cause mine states less than $5000.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results