shape
carat
color
clarity

NO PEDIGREES ALLOWED!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Widget - Do it Do it Do it!!!

Like I said before, we have two pups, and honestly, I wouldn''t do it any other way. It is so neat to watch them interract and the bond that forms between them.

Particularly if Widget likes other pups. It was a great decision...we love ''em both to bits.

Also, Bacon is a GREAT name for a dog...and he''s such a cutie!!!

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, and Beau is SOOOO darn cute too.

Yay muttskis!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Milo didn''t come with papers, but I swear he is ALL beagle. The vet has him listed as a "beagle mix" for some odd reason, lol! We got him from a farm in Indiana, his sister was adopted by a couple not too far from us. I feel like he is "in between" a pedigree and a mutt, so I''m not really sure about posting him here, but I''ll attach his cutie little pic anyway, lol!

I love all these pictures! You guys have fantastic dogs! Hubby and I have decided Milo''s old enough to deal with a sister now, and we would like to get a 40-50 pound female to "tame" his alpha ways! The search is on, but it will be extensive...

meeelow.JPG

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Milo is such an Adorable beagle! I agree though, he belongs in a pedigree thread! If he was anymore beagle-y he''d be a bagel!

I liked Bacon too! He almost looked like a terrier. But it''s so hard to tell from baby photos what they are. Although Beau''s baby pic on the shelter''s website was pretty clear. He''s a pedigree teddy bear!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
My twin sister''s dog, Kinou (age 10) - half-Husky, half-unknown - with my two babies Abou and Balou (age 3) - both unknown, not siblings. The pics was taken almost three years ago, when my babies were still itty bitty kitties!! My, how time flies...

pets.jpg

Sorry the pic is so big... I tried to resize it, but it doesn''t work.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Oh more great dog pictures!!! You guys have some real cuties. And Widget you must have one of those adorable puppies!

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2006 10:57:36 PM
Author: anchor31
My twin sister''s dog, Kinou (age 10) - half-Husky, half-unknown - with my two babies Abou and Balou (age 3) - both unknown, not siblings. The pics was taken almost three years ago, when my babies were still itty bitty kitties!! My, how time flies...

pets.jpg

Sorry the pic is so big... I tried to resize it, but it doesn''t work.

39.gif
39.gif
your kitties are sooo cute they made me cry!
30.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/9/2006 9:58:16 PM
Author: widget

Keep those pictures coming.
Hee hee...since you asked....

Lookee what arrived in my email today!

I''ve been corresponding with the owner of these little guys...and if I don''t chicken out (I might..) I get first pick among the males in the litter, all pictured below.

Their mom is a dachshund, and their dad is a mostly pug cross. It was an accidental mating, but at least the dad is a known and beloved beasty. Lord knows what they''ll look like when they grow up...sounds like a pretty weird combination.

Egree...I did a search and found baby pics of Sally....these guys don''t look much like little pugs, do they? And Amberwaves...do they look anything like dachsies to you?

Anyhoo, (again, if I don''t chicken out), my current plan is to go visit them when they''re 7 weeks old, armed with ''puppy temperment test forms'', make my choice, then come back and pick him up two weeks later.

Oh, dear....what am I doing??????
32.gif

widget
What are you doing Widget???? A wonderful thing for both a puppy and yourself. I know how much you are hurting right now, but if you feel you can welcome a new baby into your lives, I know Bogie would approve so much and it would be such a shame for a wonderful doggie Mom like yourself not to have a baby again. I am sure you are doing the right thing! Look forward to hearing how you get on and when you pick a baby, or rather, he picks you!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Aw, Wren, I didn''t mean to make you cry... *hugs* They were the most adorable kitties ever though, and they are still beautiful today.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Widget, I can absolutely see some pug in there, but the Dachsie is more seen in the legs, chest and (of course) the long back. I LOVE THOSE PUPPIES. They won't be too big, they'll be loveable, and you've got the best mix, if you ask me. You aren't in so cal, are you? Because if you were, I'd snatch those puppies right our of your hand! Now that I look, I can see dachsie ears! It's like EBree and I breeding our dogs! The exact match, her pug, my dachsie. I think you'd be doing something great by even adopting one of those fuzzy loves.

ETA: Hercules looks a little puggish to me. I think it's the eyes.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2006 9:58:16 PM
Author: widget

Keep those pictures coming.
Hee hee...since you asked....

Lookee what arrived in my email today!

I''ve been corresponding with the owner of these little guys...and if I don''t chicken out (I might..) I get first pick among the males in the litter, all pictured below.

Their mom is a dachshund, and their dad is a mostly pug cross. It was an accidental mating, but at least the dad is a known and beloved beasty. Lord knows what they''ll look like when they grow up...sounds like a pretty weird combination.

Egree...I did a search and found baby pics of Sally....these guys don''t look much like little pugs, do they? And Amberwaves...do they look anything like dachsies to you?

Anyhoo, (again, if I don''t chicken out), my current plan is to go visit them when they''re 7 weeks old, armed with ''puppy temperment test forms'', make my choice, then come back and pick him up two weeks later.

Oh, dear....what am I doing??????
32.gif

widget
I''d choose Lil Bit- he is a sweet faced little guy. I love the black one, because of his "beard" of white. Bacon is a dear, too. I don''t know how you''d choose, to be honest. The have a little bit of boxer in them, it looks like. At least it looks like that in Lil Bit.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Widget,

When pugs are mated with long-nosies, they're flat faces don't usually carry over (from the pug mixes I've seen). Those puppies sure are cute. Pug/Daschunds...a precious mix. If I could take another dog, I'd ask for one!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/10/2006 5:06:38 PM
Author: EBree
Widget,

When pugs are mated with long-nosies, they''re flat faces don''t usually carry over (from the pug mixes I''ve seen). Those puppies sure are cute. Pug/Daschunds...a precious mix. If I could take another dog, I''d ask for one!
I agree...I''ve seen a few "puggles" (pug/beagle mixes) who had the face of a pug, nose-wise, and the longer ears of a beagle. I''m not a big fan of the trendy hybrids like labradoodles, puggles, cockatiels, etc., but only because of all the hype.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
I must say, tho. , that having a mutt is no guarantee of escaping inbred health problems.
My Beau-Beau kept having leg pains starting when he was six months old. Every month or so I''d take him to the vet who kept telling me he was having growing pains. Finally I decided to take him to a vet who would actually touch my dog. (really, why I didn''t change vets long before this I don''t know).
Turns out he had bone chips the size of peas in his front elbows which are a genetic trait found in labs.
23.gif
And by this time he already had damage to his joints! My poor baby had to have elbow surgery. And here I thought getting a mixed breed would avoid all those hip and other breed related problems!
8.gif

Diachi

Shiny_Rock
Even though I am a pedigree owner, I just had to say how cute everyone''s mutts are!!! I always say that the "proper" breed name for "mutts" is "Whatever-I-Want-To-Be"!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
monarch, my friend's friend has a puggle and my girlfriend said it was so adorable when it was a puppy, but now as an adult it's pretty darn ugly...i have never seen it but my friend is a huge dog lover, so if she thinks it's ugly it probably is, poor darling. kinda scary...some of these odd breed mixes that they are creating just to satisfy some crazy trend of having a unique dog, it actually kind of pisses me off. just like backyard breeders too. some of these odd breed mixes could very well have health problems down the road from one or two of the breeds mixed..maybe some of these dogs just aren't meant to be bred together!
40.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/19/2006 10:00:07 PM
Author: Mara
monarch, my friend''s friend has a puggle and my girlfriend said it was so adorable when it was a puppy, but now as an adult it''s pretty darn ugly...i have never seen it but my friend is a huge dog lover, so if she thinks it''s ugly it probably is, poor darling. kinda scary...some of these odd breed mixes that they are creating just to satisfy some crazy trend of having a unique dog, it actually kind of pisses me off. just like backyard breeders too. some of these odd breed mixes could very well have health problems down the road from one or two of the breeds mixed..maybe some of these dogs just aren''t meant to be bred together!
40.gif
Ha, Mara your post has me laughing out loud, for real! I don''t really care for the "puggles" either... they just look really strange to me! I agree with you on it being kind of a pisser that people are after some "unique" looking hybrid, I don''t care for the idea of people experimenting so much with animals to make money, I guess. And you''re right, it is somewhat comparable to backyard breeding--so experimental and how DO people know how the outcome will affect the dog''s health in the long run? Then again, some breeds that are considered "pure" today were the result of cross-breeding, so I don''t know. It seems that around my area recently, labra-doodles and other hybrids are all the rage, and even my SIL has one now...I really hope their dog doesn''t have weird health issues later, they have two daughters who would be heartbroken if anything happened to their "Jimmy" (named after Jimmy Buffett).

I think "mutts" are great, when they are mutts due to natural causes...I get a little weirded out over the fact that breeders are forcing things, I think. I guess I''m just granola to the core, lol!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
thats the thing monarch, if you are a reputable breeder, you''d ideally do research on the dogs you plan to breed before just doing it, and i certainly don''t care for coming up with funky breeds just becaause it''d be so cute to have a small poodlelab mix to sell to people, or it''d be a great market or whatever...i mean some of them seem so unnatural?!?! with real mixes it''s an accident and it just happens and it may not be the best then either but at least people aren''t trying to make money off of it or come up with the next trendy thing...it is like backyard breeding but sometimes i almost feel like it''s worse!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup, I agree. Just found this article on hybrid dogs and wanted to pass it along... I wouldn''t have a prob with dealing with a reputable breeder, but how do you ever know???
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/01/0115_040115_tvdesignerdogs.html

We weren''t as research-savvy when we got our beagle, but luckily we haven''t had any problems with him, health-wise, so far. (Knocking on a wood-like substance on the computer desk, lol!) Two+ years later, we will definitely be asking more questions of the next breeder we buy from...

I like how this article brings up the fact that Americans are so "label" oriented--to paraphrase it states that we can''t just have a cocker spaniel mix, we have to call it a "cockapoo" or "cockatiel." It''s so true. It''s kind of like technology--we desire the latest, greatest model and have to have the brand name to go along with it. For me, I don''t mind buying "designer" things, as long as I know exactly what I''m paying for, and in the end the product performs well. I kind of hate that this now applies to animals as well, it''s kind of a strange, unnatural thing.

For the record, we are looking for a sister for Milo, a larger breed who can keep him in check, so to speak. We are not opposed to a mutt at all, and actually would prefer a non-pedigreed Am Staff mix or whatever. We have a friend who has an adorable Am Staff mix named Molly...she is the cutest, most loveable little girl, all white, with a black spot on one eye. She''s played with Milo before, and while he holds his own with larger dogs, we could tell she knew she was boss and he knew it too, lol!

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
At least around here, there are so many puppies and dogs in the shelters that I would feel bad about getting one a purebred or one of those intentional mixes. Of course if I had a small child I might consider getting a purebred with a really good history from a small breeder. One of the problems with mutts is that without knowing the parentage, it''s a bit of a crap shoot on the end personality.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2006 1:55:42 AM
Author: IndieJones
One of the problems with mutts is that without knowing the parentage, it''s a bit of a crap shoot on the end personality.
It''s also a crapshoot on what they''re going to look like when they grow up!!!

Case in point: Here''s Bogie when he was a baby....pictured here with his big brother Spencer:

Spencer and Bogie.jpg

widget

Ideal_Rock
.....and here he is, all grown up!!
23.gif
Who knew?? LOL

widget

ETA: BTW....I chickened out on getting one of the pups I pictured above. I just wasn't sure Widget or I were ready to deal with a new baby. I was also guilty about adopting a mutt puppy when there are so many great homeless pooches available at shelters.

When I was considering it, I rationalized that it was OK because the owner had told me they were the result of an accidental breeding. Last week I got an Email from her saying that there was another litter coming up that would be available in a few months if I had changed my mind!!!!! Grrrrrrr...
29.gif
38.gif

000_0786.JPG

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock

Here is my little sunshine, we call her SUNNY!!

She is a Walker Hound/ Yellow Lab mix. Her parents were both pure breds, so I guess that makes her a 1/2 breed. She will be 3yrs old in May. She likes long walks on the beach, cuddling on the couch, and exercising....heheeheee

here is one of her at about 3 months...

Sunny.JPG

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
here is another of Sunny with my son, Andrew who will be 2 yrs. old on May 8th!

andrew and sunny m.jpg

ky6

Shiny_Rock
Oh I love this thread! What sweet little ones you all have. All three of mine are rescue dogs. I have to join in and post a few pics. This is all three of our little mutts- Axle (large black), Tate (medium terrier), and Peanut (small black)

ourthreemuttpuppies.jpg

widget

Ideal_Rock
Oh, ky6....your doggies are adorable!!!!
30.gif

(You''ve got a cute guy, too!
31.gif
)

I LOVE that happy picture.
widget

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
Awww ky6 your babies are so sweet!
9.gif
I''ve been itching for a third pup here lately... and that cute pic isn''t helping! I love doggies on the bed! FI''s not so keen on it though, so it''s a battle (but I win, of course)! I tell him that my oldest dog has been with the organization longer than he has, so she has seniority!
3.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I just read this thread and I love it!!!! :) What a great idea! And the puppies are so beautiful!!! One is just cuter than the next. I love mutts...pups and cats alike...I think that adopting a muttser is such a wonferful, selfless thing to do....pups and kitties alike!!!

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
Here is my mutt, Brady, a yorkie/maltese/maybe something else mix.

47b6d604b3127cce8cc869db31f600000016102BYuGTZwyYw

47b6ce22b3127cce8d8226c4c51500000015102BYuGTZwyYw

47b6da09b3127cce88ab70b23c1200000016102BYuGTZwyYw

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Here's one of our new addition--her name's stella and we adopted her a couple weeks ago from the humane society--it's amazing how she's already filled out, she gained almost 6 pounds in the first week (although she was quite boney when we got her, now you can't see her spine and pelvis bones as much)
ETA: they said she's a lab mix, so smaller than a normal lab, she's only about 43 pounds

stella play.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results