shape
carat
color
clarity

NO PEDIGREES ALLOWED!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

widget

Ideal_Rock
OK, I've decided there are way too many high-fallutin', fancy-schmancy purebred dogs posted on PS!

Mutts need their own place to shine!

I'll start out with Widget: here's a picture showing her crooked legs, funny smile, and odd shape. Her tail, blurred in the pic, is ALWAYS wagging.

People always stop and ask what breed she is, I usually say: "She's a husky trapped inside the body of a dachshund...".

widget

Ideal_Rock
Oops, I''ll try again:

i7ytr.JPG

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Widget, those little turned out feet. She is adorable! Is she really the size of a Dachshund, or is she bigger?
I do not have any dogs to add, and our skunk is a purebred : ) 100% skunk, and therefore does not belong in this thread. When I did the paperwork to register her micro chip, I marked her as purebred : )

I wish you well,

Bridget

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice!

We have two dogs, one is a pedigree...but we wont'' discuss him here...

There other is our little Cricket. We got her from a rescue about 8 months ago...she was between 3-4 months when we got her. Someone dropped her and five littermates off at a shelter when they were four weeks old.

She has never met a person she doesn''t like. And she really really likes little kids...

IMG_1538.sized.jpg

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
Here are more pics of my sleepy mega-mutts!
3.gif

doggiebabies2.JPG

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
Oh! All these mutts are too cute! I love mutts. Always had them, growing up, and one day bought my mom an Akita. She was an impulse buy, what can I say? So, now my mom has her and a Chihuahua.

Our past mutts were about 100 times healthier than the two pure breeds and they lived forever... About 16-18 years!
face23.gif

Don't get me wrong, I love my mom's pure breeds. They are adorable and complete loves but I have a soft spot for mutts.
30.gif

Widget, I love Widget's turned feet. Too cute!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Darn it! This is just old-fashioned prejudice! I got Biscuit through Adopt-a-Dog and he is just as strange as any mongrel. Stranger. How many of you have dogs that attack anyone who comes to the front door? (I mean dogs one has tried to train not to kill...or even to bite!)

And high falutin'? You should see him roll on dead animals and see what he eats when left to his own devices. I won't even go there!

PS-You comment on widget being a Huskie trapped in the body of a Dachsund made me remember what one vet said about Biscuit. He was a veterinary surgeon and had just met Biscuit because he was going to have to operate on his knee. He said, "You're a Great Dane in Lab clothing!" to Biscuit. Other people call him a horse or, more accurately, a pony.

Deb, pouting!!!

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
This is my baby, his name is Emmitt. We got him when he was 8 weeks old, and he has been a mommas boy ever since! He just turned 6 in Sept. He is part border collie and part corgi. He is the best and smartest dog we have EVER had. Thought I would share. Also, he is such a ham when I have the camera out, this one he looks like," come on mom, no more pictures today"

house etc 052 emmitt.JPG

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Widget, your pup must have some dachsie in her, those paws are typical dacshie. LizzieC, what is that beauty in your second picture? I just want to eat the baby up! That look on it''s face.
30.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
I love, love love mutts. All your babies are precious!

My Dad rescued his terrier (Frasier) from the pound the DAY he was to be put down. No one wanted him because he isn't very pretty...he's black and orange with wirey hair and big ears. But what he lacks in looks he makes up for in personality...he is the sweetest, most loving dog you'll ever meet. I'm so happy he's been able to live the full, happy life he deserves.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh they are all so adorable!! Keep the pics coming!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm boycotting this thread because I can't add my baby!!! All the mutts are just adorable though, but oh that's right..I'm not contributing!

Widget, I'm ashamed of you! Discrimating against purebreds! They need love too!

39.gif

11.gif
9.gif
12.gif
9.gif
11.gif

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/9/2006 12:52:01 PM
Author: AmberWaves
LizzieC, what is that beauty in your second picture? I just want to eat the baby up! That look on it''s face.
30.gif

Amber: Thank you! That''s Daisy, the newest addition to the family.
36.gif
30.gif
We''ve had her for about 8 weeks. She''s a "Shepherd-Terrier" mix according to the place we adopted her from, but she may have some Chow in there too (black spots on tongue).

She''s funny because she always has a big furrow in her brow which makes her look worried... I joke that she needs some doggie Botox!

My fam had an AKC Pomeranian while I was growing up, but I''m a mutt gal now! They''re just the sweetest smartest dogs! Since Daisy was 1 yr and couple mos old when we adopted her she came fully housetrained which was a big bonus! Scout (my Border Collie-Australian Shepherd mix) was just a baby when we adopted her, and housetraining was pretty tough! So when we decided to get another pup, we knew we wanted one that was a little older. And Daisy has been a wonderfully sweet little girl! I''ve already taught her to lay down, shake, and roll over! She''s brilliant!

9.gif

Widget, Lyss, & Mokey- You''re babies are all beautiful!

Yay for mutts!!!
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I''ve got to agree with Mara here
11.gif
, my poor mini dacshie is feeling very left out. But does this count? He''s a purebred, but is SO not a mini. Our dog is a year old and at least 15 pounds. So he''s a tweenie. We had a mutt black lab/pointer mix. Funniest dog ever. LizzieC, housetraining was awful. We got our puppy at 8 weeks, and I woke up with him at least twice every night to take him to go potty. Man, it was hard!

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
I also remember the house training blues. I have been craving a puppy for a while now, but then I think about the potty training, and the chewing and it is over with. Emmitt likes his mom time during the day too much too. We get the kiddos off to school and I am all his until everyone comes back....he is in doggy heaven! I just love everyones beautiful babies! Keep them coming!

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
You know, for what it is worth, we didn't have much trouble house training either of our dogs. And luckily, neither of them are destructive...

btw, for your possible reading pleasure, here is a description I wrote of Cricket for another website...that was doing this whole thing on purebreds...

The Cricket Dog

Description:

The Cricket Dog has a short black coat that actually sheds quite a bit, considering how little hair the Cricket Dog actually has. Cricket dogs do not have hair on their bellies or under their armpits. Cricket Dogs do not mind wearing sweaters, as a general rule, and are really quite fashionable dogs. Considering how short they are, they have pretty long legs. The Cricket Dog's ears are large and prone to folding down when the Cricket Dog wants to look cute. The eyes are very dark and have the ability to peer through to one's soul. Cricket Dogs are black with a white spot on their chest.
Temperament:
Cricket Dogs are happy. Happy all the time. Happy to go to bed, happy to get up. Happy to go outside, happy to go inside. They are prone to chase Ibizan Hounds at the dog park, and can actually pump the little Cricket legs fairly quickly. They are generally good with other dogs, but are not without their share of nemises. They will work hard to scare birds and will freeze upon seeing a rabbit or squirrel. These dogs were originally bred for lap sitting and toy squeeking, and that breeding is apparent in their temperment. Cricket Dogs are good with all people, even small children that pick them up by their front paws. They prefer to sleep on people, if at all possible.

They are also entirely fearless, more than willing to jump off a big bed...and are often rather wreckless, rolling themselves off of said big bed because they are so happy. Further, they will fling themselves down flights of stairs with nary a worry for their safety or their ability to stop once they reach the bottom of said stairs.
Height, Weight:
Height: 10-12 inches-ish
Weight: 20-25 pounds-ish.

Health Problems
:
None. Although Crickets are known to grunt when they are laying down to sleep.

Living Conditions:
Cricket Dogs can live in apartments, houses, trailers, townhomes, teepees and so on.

Exercise:
Cricket Dogs are medium energy. A nice walk or a trip to the dog park will have a Cricket Dog set for the day. A Cricket Dog could probably do without any walk considering their gentle nature and ability to entertain themselves. Be warned: Cricket Dogs are known to get the wicked puppy zoomies. When the zoomies occur, it is best to stand back and watch the Cricket Dog zoom across the house and bank itself off the furniture.

Life Expectancy:
About 64 years

Grooming:
Cricket Dogs are very prone to rolling in stink and as such, they require frequent bathing. Otherwise, they need to be brushed occasionally.

Origin:
The Cricket Dog began in a shelter in West Virginia in March of 2005.

Group:
Sillyhound

Recognition:
Not Recognized

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
That is a really cute description! Don''t even get me started on the shedding! My poor vacuum!
20.gif

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock

I just had to post my mutt!!! Especially since I think he''s twins with one of your dogs Lizzie.

His name is Cabo....we adopted him from the Humane Society in Cabo San Lucas...hence the name!

This is Cabo right before his plane ride to NJ....

caboinbag2.jpg

widget

Ideal_Rock
23.gif
30.gif
OMG...look at Cabo''s sweet face!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Everybody''s babies are SO CUTE!!!!

(Sorry, Mara and AGBF...but this is a VERY exclusive thread!
2.gif
11.gif

widget

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everyone's bubbies are so cute and Widget Jr is a doll! Love her little feets
30.gif
30.gif
Emmit and Cricket are all so precious too! Thanks for sharing everyone. And little Cabo.....
3.gif

Ebree, thanks for the wonderful story of your Dad's doggy and can I please enquire as usual into the well being of HRH The Pug Princess?

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
oh thanks widget! He''s such a loving puppy.....we are so happy to have him. He''s alot bigger now, more like 50 pounds (and only 7 months old)! But he still thinks he''s a lap dog
2.gif

Here''s another pic at Christmas time (he was trying to sit at the table!)

caboatchristmas2.JPG

widget

Ideal_Rock
Wowee..Cabo is one big puppy! What''s everyone guessing...Great Dane?

BTW...really curious...was it hard bringing him back into the US? Had he been a feral pup?

widget

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
He is sooo freaking adorable.

That pic where he''s trying to sit on the table just slays me.

Guesses for breeds - Hmmm. He looks rather like a leonberger to me...

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
Cabo does look a lot like Daisy! Except Cabo''s a whole lot bigger! Daisy''s finished growing and she''s 33 lbs.!

And littlelysser, your description of Cricket is priceless.. "sillyhound"
9.gif
3.gif
LOL!

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
We actually think he''s a rhodesian ridgeback mix, his hair on the back doesn''t grow like a true rhodesian, but it does this funny thing sometimes, where it looks like he has a mahawk! The funny part was that when I called about adopting him (i found him on the internet), I was told he was a fox terrier mix! I don''t know where they got that from, but we laugh about it now....it wasn''t too difficult to get him here actually, as long as the animal is in good health and up-to-date on their shots, you can bring them into the country, but they have to be brought over by an actual person. So there was a couple that happened to be there on vacation the week I inquired about him (they had adopted from the humane soceity the previous year), and they live in NJ, so they brought him back for us, and we picked him up at the airport....it was quite easy....it was fate that we found him!!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2006 1:22:23 PM
Author: Mara
I''m boycotting this thread because I can''t add my baby!!!
39.gif
<--portia

11.gif
9.gif
12.gif
9.gif
11.gif
What''s your problem Mara - just get your own mutt!
9.gif
31.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I can''t add my Jack Russell terrier here, but I sure can admire all of your absolutely adorable "mutts"! Keep those pictures coming.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Keep those pictures coming.
Hee hee...since you asked....

Lookee what arrived in my email today!

I''ve been corresponding with the owner of these little guys...and if I don''t chicken out (I might..) I get first pick among the males in the litter, all pictured below.

Their mom is a dachshund, and their dad is a mostly pug cross. It was an accidental mating, but at least the dad is a known and beloved beasty. Lord knows what they''ll look like when they grow up...sounds like a pretty weird combination.

Egree...I did a search and found baby pics of Sally....these guys don''t look much like little pugs, do they? And Amberwaves...do they look anything like dachsies to you?

Anyhoo, (again, if I don''t chicken out), my current plan is to go visit them when they''re 7 weeks old, armed with "puppy temperment test forms", make my choice, then come back and pick him up two weeks later.

Oh, dear....what am I doing??????
32.gif

widget

ppsitched.jpg

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2006 12:37:32 PM
Author: AGBF

Darn it! This is just old-fashioned prejudice! I got Biscuit through Adopt-a-Dog and he is just as strange as any mongrel. Stranger. How many of you have dogs that attack anyone who comes to the front door? (I mean dogs one has tried to train not to kill...or even to bite!)

That would be my Beauregard! My best case scenario for a stranger entering the house for, oh say, dinner, is that he'll just lie there and growl softly. Hard to believe, huh?
9.gif

Beau1.jpg

And here's another shot of the fearsome beast
Beau2.jpg

btw, Cabo is cuuute!

ETA: Oh yes, forgot. Beau-Beau is an 80lb Chow x Shepard x Lab? x Ridgeback? mix
23.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results