shape
carat
color
clarity

No longer a LIW

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/8/2008 8:28:15 AM
Author: cakeny

Date: 6/7/2008 2:42:09 PM
Author: ilovethiswebsite
ahha i knew you ladies would want more details... ok here is the story: it was my birthday this weekend and we went to my home town to see my family and friends... we were also on the look out for a new puppy and had coincidently bought one from the pet store yesterday morning... anyway all my friends and family were over last night for my bday and we had to keep taking the dog out for walks every 30 minutes... after dinner my bf (fiancé!) asked me to go for a walk outside with the dog... my parents live on this beautiful lot of land right on the water so he took me to the waterfront and got down on one knee~ he asked him to spend the rest of his life with him and I said yes! It was pitch black outside so I didn''t even get to see the ring outside until we were back inside the house, at which point we announced our engagement to everyone that was over! I was ecstatic and the ring is to die for...

pics to follow...

First of all, congratulations. So happy for you both. And your ring is absolutely STUNNING! Wanna hear something funny? :) I also JUST got engaged (thursday night), it''s my birthday this w/e AND our wonderful puppy was involved in the proposal. heh. Haven''t gotten around to posting pics cuz I haven''t been very productive lately, haha. Anyway- ENJOY YOUR TIME! (I sure am, heh)
Hi Cakny,
That is so funny! Congratulations! I can''t wait to see pics! Thank you for the kind words!

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Here is our new puppy! He is a purebred beagle and he is ultra adorable.

DSC00614.JPG

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations you ring is beautiful and your proposal story very romantic :)

lamer

Rough_Rock
The puppy is the super cute! And the ring is splendid!!! Congratulations...I am a newly added LIW and I hope my future engagement (and rign
31.gif
) can be as wonderful as yours.

lamer

Rough_Rock
err, rign = ring

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Awesome ring + awesome pup + awesome fiance = one heck of a week! Congrats!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! For your engagement, puppy, and birthday!
36.gif
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, congrats
36.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your engagement!

Your ring is beautiful, and your puppy - too cute!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! You just added two new kids to your family!
9.gif

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! LOVE the ring -- I have my eye on that style as well!

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
your ring is beautiful!!!! congrats on your engagement!!!!! and your puppy is super adorable!!!

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
congrats; beautiful ring too

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
A huge CONGRATULATIONS to you and your fiance. Your puppy is unbelievably adorable. Wishing you lots of happiness!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Congralations on your engagement! Truly beautiful ring and an adorable puppy too - what a lucky girl!!!
36.gif

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations - and what a beautiful ring!
36.gif

LuvinMyLife86

Rough_Rock
congratulations! your ring is gorgeous, and im in love with your puppy, but that may be because i have a little beagle of my own they are awesome dogs!!

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
B E Autiful ring!!!!!

Very cute story!!!!

Congrats!

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/9/2008 1:07:01 PM
Author: LuvinMyLife86
congratulations! your ring is gorgeous, and im in love with your puppy, but that may be because i have a little beagle of my own they are awesome dogs!!
hehehe. Any tips on house training and his stubborn nature? We didn''t realize what a handful beagles were!

jerseygirl77

Rough_Rock
Congratulations! Your ring is soo gorgeous! May I please ask what size your finger is? To be honest, I am *obsessed* with the Ritani setting and am really hoping to receive it one day (soon lol). I am pretty sure my stone will be about the same size as yours, so I am just curious about your finger size because I think your proportions are fabulous! Thanks so much!

PS- Your puppy is too cute :)

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/10/2008 10:54:52 AM
Author: jerseygirl77
Congratulations! Your ring is soo gorgeous! May I please ask what size your finger is? To be honest, I am *obsessed* with the Ritani setting and am really hoping to receive it one day (soon lol). I am pretty sure my stone will be about the same size as yours, so I am just curious about your finger size because I think your proportions are fabulous! Thanks so much!

PS- Your puppy is too cute :)
Hi Jersey Girl,

My ring size is 4.25. The ring is a 4.5 so I need to get some sizing beads put in soon. I think the Ritani rings may be made a little bigger? Not sure but when I got sized originally I was a 4.5, but the 4.5 is sitting loose now.

LuvinMyLife86

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/9/2008 9:12:23 PM

hehehe. Any tips on house training and his stubborn nature? We didn''t realize what a handful beagles were!
They are definitely a handful! And there will be times where you want to strangle him haha. You just have to be really REALLY firm and clear and consistent with what you want him to do. Our beagle is a year old and we are still having a hard time with her (she loves chewing on everything!). Definitely sign him up for puppy classes. They are adorable dogs with an awesome personality, and they are soooo lucky they are cute. Good luck! And congratulations again!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock

hehehe. Any tips on house training and his stubborn nature? We didn't realize what a handful beagles were!

Re: housetraining, I would 100% recommend CRATE TRAINING. My girl was housebroken in no time, using a crate. She loves her crate, it is her home :) She sleeps there every night, and I know she is safe when I leave the house. It's not cruel, it's her den. Also, learn your puppies patterns. Once I recognized what it looked like when my girl was looking for a potty spot, I could tell when she needed to go out. I also learned where she liked to go in the house, and when she went to those places, I called her so that we could go out. Now when she needs to go out, she taps the doorknob with her nose and looks at me.
36.gif

I would suggest clicker training, it works really well, when you do it consistently and correctly.

http://www.clickertraining.com/

Also, puppy school as soon as it is old enough. Lots of socializing too, especially around children, so that it will be used to them. Some dogs are afraid of kids because they never met them as puppies. I was told to try to intro my puppy to 3 new people everyday for the first few weeks. This is very easy on walks. You can carry treats and have people give pupper treats and pet him, so that he knows that people are nice.

Also, try toys that keep puppies busy, like Buster Cubes, or Busy Buddies Tug-a jug, Kongs or Kong stuff-its, etc... And my pup goes NUTS for ice cubes :) I love free treats!

*my pup is sleeping on my feet as we speak*

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/10/2008 6:08:33 PM
Author: trillionaire

Re: housetraining, I would 100% recommend CRATE TRAINING. My girl was housebroken in no time, using a crate. She loves her crate, it is her home :) She sleeps there every night, and I know she is safe when I leave the house. It''s not cruel, it''s her den. Also, learn your puppies patterns. Once I recognized what it looked like when my girl was looking for a potty spot, I could tell when she needed to go out. I also learned where she liked to go in the house, and when she went to those places, I called her so that we could go out. Now when she needs to go out, she taps the doorknob with her nose and looks at me.
36.gif

I would suggest clicker training, it works really well, when you do it consistently and correctly.

http://www.clickertraining.com/

Also, puppy school as soon as it is old enough. Lots of socializing too, especially around children, so that it will be used to them. Some dogs are afraid of kids because they never met them as puppies. I was told to try to intro my puppy to 3 new people everyday for the first few weeks. This is very easy on walks. You can carry treats and have people give pupper treats and pet him, so that he knows that people are nice.

Also, try toys that keep puppies busy, like Buster Cubes, or Busy Buddies Tug-a jug, Kongs or Kong stuff-its, etc... And my pup goes NUTS for ice cubes :) I love free treats!

*my pup is sleeping on my feet as we speak*
Wow thanks Trillionnaire, that was really helpful! We signed him up for training class starting in 2 weeks (when he will be 10 weeks old). The housetraining is going ok... little guy still pees and poops in the house on occasion.. but we have only had him for 3 days!

edotf104

Rough_Rock
Congratulations to you and your new fiancé!! What a sweet proposal and gorgeous ring
21.gif

jerseygirl77

Rough_Rock
I am **loving** your pictures. Just sent my bf an email attaching your pics entitled "MY DREAM RING" lol

SOOO Beautiful! Congrats again!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results