shape
carat
color
clarity

No HW earrings for me for the time being?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I say earrings and short trip. You''re in NYC, right? I say take the whole two weeks off no matter what and just go do fun stuff in the city for the time you''re not in the Maldives! A cruise doesn''t appeal to me at all, though, so I''m a bit biased as well.

A two week long trip to Italy and Spain that I plan myself, on the other hand, does sound amazing...but since I just went to Spain in October and I''ve been to Italy before I''d still go with the earrings!
11.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I vote for a trip to the Amalfi coast as well. My SIL spent a year there working as a chef. She had the best time, and hope one day to go there as well. It''s heavenly.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for HW earrings and Maldives!
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 10:35:27 PM
Author: Kaleigh
I vote for a trip to the Amalfi coast as well. My SIL spent a year there working as a chef. She had the best time, and hope one day to go there as well. It's heavenly.

Oh no; I am soooooo jealous of her! Wow, I bet she is an awesome chef; hopefully she does lots of cooking for you! I think it is heavenly. One evening I was standing on the cliff where the hotel was located and the sun was setting and I cried. I don't cry often but the jagged cliff, the ocean and the sunsetting just took my breath away. Oh and do you believe there was a lemon and orange park. You could walk around the trees in a little park near the hotel; it smelled wonderful!!! Now I want to go back bad. Maybe I will go if Harriet doesn't go.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tough call.

Thing2of2,
Lucky you!

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
I''d definately consider having it both ways
9.gif
Either the earrings and one of the trips (I vote Italy
3.gif
)
Or seriously consider getting your earrings made by white Flash Maytal or someone fab for less dough and do both trips
36.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
WF won''t duplicate the earrings (kudos to them), and Leon''s quote was higher than HW''s!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would get the earrings and do a long weekend somewhere, even some parts of Italy or England are doable. A luxury cruise is awesome, but do you get seasick? Two weeks if you are not enjoying it could be torture.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t get seasick, but the other half does (though Skippy''s picture has wowed him).

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Again, get the earrings and go to the Amalfi Coast. No brainer. If I or hubby got seasick you could not pay me to board a shipp for two weeks, or any time. That is the worst way to spend a trip...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 10:57:22 PM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 4/12/2007 10:35:27 PM
Author: Kaleigh
I vote for a trip to the Amalfi coast as well. My SIL spent a year there working as a chef. She had the best time, and hope one day to go there as well. It''s heavenly.

Oh no; I am soooooo jealous of her! Wow, I bet she is an awesome chef; hopefully she does lots of cooking for you! I think it is heavenly. One evening I was standing on the cliff where the hotel was located and the sun was setting and I cried. I don''t cry often but the jagged cliff, the ocean and the sunsetting just took my breath away. Oh and do you believe there was a lemon and orange park. You could walk around the trees in a little park near the hotel; it smelled wonderful!!! Now I want to go back bad. Maybe I will go if Harriet doesn''t go.
Yes she does cook for me, not as often as I would like. She was trained by Todd English!!! She even was on Good Morning America. She and her hubby spent their first year of marriage there, she cooked, and he taught English at a Private school. Great way to spend the first year of marriage!!!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Since you folks have been so helpful, do give me your input on my recycling project (see Rocky Talky)? I'm threadjacking my own thread!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 11:48:45 PM
Author: Harriet
Can you folks please help me with my recycling project (see Rocky Talky)? I''m threadjacking my own thread!
Haha, that''s allowed, going there now Harriet, LOL!!!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 11:40:02 PM
Author: diamondfan
Again, get the earrings and go to the Amalfi Coast. No brainer. If I or hubby got seasick you could not pay me to board a shipp for two weeks, or any time. That is the worst way to spend a trip...
He wants to take the risk!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would make sure to take meds then. TRUST me, being ill on a ship is NOT fun. And I might not be to happy if he went anyway, knowing he could get sick...there are SO MANY other great options. A cruise ship just sank, and people have been getting ill on ships right and left...as much as a luxury cruise sounds good in theory, I think you can really do something great and get your bling too!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 11:54:02 PM
Author: diamondfan
I would make sure to take meds then. TRUST me, being ill on a ship is NOT fun. And I might not be to happy if he went anyway, knowing he could get sick...there are SO MANY other great options. A cruise ship just sank, and people have been getting ill on ships right and left...as much as a luxury cruise sounds good in theory, I think you can really do something great and get your bling too!
True that. On all counts!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That looks amazing!!!!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hey Harriet, nice to see you again.
1.gif

On the one hand, the earrings and the Maldives sound better - two things rather than one. However, you just got studs - I would imagine you love them and love wearing them. The HW earrings may be a little less pressing for now, I''m guessing. The Maldives sound nice, but from NYC, that''s one heck of a flight for just a few days. Perhaps you''ll be over there anyway for your wedding-related activities and it''ll be a good rest.

The cruise to Italy sounds like a mixed bag. Italy is wonderful, but I''m less than enthralled by cruises. Miranda brings up a good point that 2 weeks is a long time for your first one. In addition to being crammed on a boat with a bunch of strangers, you never get to spend enough time in port to really experience a place. I think a trip to Italy would be divine, but I''d never do it by cruise ship. Italy is all about lifestyle.

I went through a period in my life where I travelled to Italy about once every other month, for about a year and a half. I''ve been to Sorrento, Amalfi, Capri, and Ischia quite a few times. I''ve been all over Italy, even looked into buying some real estate near Cortona. I love it there. About 5 years before, I had taken a Perillo tour, which was great as an overview. They get you into all the important sites with no wait and provide an educated tour guide. They stay at nice hotels and have a good pace - you don''t have to wake up at the crack of dawn. There were people of all ages on the trip. I''d do this before a cruise - besides, a cruise can''t go to Florence!

So many things to spend money on!
2.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Starryeyed,

It's good to "see" you again. The Maldives are a short hop from Singapore, where we have to go for a bit anyway. You're so well-travelled that I'm envious! Please help me with my wee recycling project?

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here comes another vote for the earrings. Once you have the earrings, you can take them on a cruise!
2.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
9.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Earrings + Maldives...it looks spectacular
36.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Didn''t read the thread... but I''d go for the trip DEFINITELY. Actually I''ve made a couple of similar decisions myself. Vacation or bling and chosen vacation without regret!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don''t you have a year to decide? Or when would this trip happen?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
This summer. Next summer, which will be our honeymoon, is a different story.
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok I''m confused, you have a honeymoon planned for this summer right?? Then what is this trip for?? You are getting married this summer?? I can''t keep track, hehe.
3.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh,
I'm getting married next summer. This summer's trip is our yearly vacation. Sorry for the confusion.
9.gif

Btw, I've made a decision on my recycling project.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results