shape
carat
color
clarity

Newcomer needs help

jimmy12345

Rough_Rock
Hello Pricescopers,

I am a fairly new buyer looking to buy my first diamond for an engagement ring and I need your help. I did a lot of research online and came to the conclusion that cut is the most important when looking for a stone. I prefer buying from James Allen, because they ship to the Netherlands. I know the specs that I want, but the amount of stones that are available makes my head spin. I saw 2 good stones but due to indecision on my part, both are not available anymore. So I am looking for new options.

This is what I'm looking at now:
Carat 1 - 1.1
Color D-G
Clarity VVS2 - VS2
Cut Triple Excellent
Table 55-57
Depth 59-62.5
Crown Angle 34-35
Pavillion Angle 40.6 - 41

Budget around $8.5k

I really appreciate the help and I'll be posting stones in this thread if I find any, so you experts can shine a light on it :)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Numbers and stone look good.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the one OP posted. Put it on hold asap

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Nice find! Numbers and images look really good ☺️

jimmy12345

Rough_Rock
I am a bit worried about the dark crystal under the table though. I will never be looking at this stone with a loupe. Only regular eyesight. Thoughts?

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
Who is selling it? I would ask for it to examined. They will be able to tell you if it is eye clean and from what distance. Since it’s a VS1 I would think it would be unnoticeable without magnification.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a bit worried about the dark crystal under the table though. I will never be looking at this stone with a loupe. Only regular eyesight. Thoughts?

Almost 0% chance that you'll see it with the naked eye. Not in a VS1

stonehunter20

Shiny_Rock

i dont see any "dark circles" under the table. it's a beautiful diamond! good price too imo.

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
No, the one you posted from JA is better. This one is too deep.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like the JA one better. Looks like tighter cut quality.

jimmy12345

Rough_Rock
Hello! How do you feel about this one? The JA video looks a bit weird to me but the H&A images and cert look good... I don't know what to make of this.
Screenshot 2020-08-23 at 14.10.47.png

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
Perfect on paper but I agree about the video. I’m wondering if the diamond is tilted. Not sure if the black areas between the arrows are a concern but I don’t like them.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfect on paper but I agree about the video. I’m wondering if the diamond is tilted. Not sure if the black areas between the arrows are a concern but I don’t like them.

I would ask them for a new video. The one on there is awful and doesnt make sense given the specs

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results