shape
carat
color
clarity

Newcomer needs help

jimmy12345

Rough_Rock
Hello Pricescopers,

I am a fairly new buyer looking to buy my first diamond for an engagement ring and I need your help. I did a lot of research online and came to the conclusion that cut is the most important when looking for a stone. I prefer buying from James Allen, because they ship to the Netherlands. I know the specs that I want, but the amount of stones that are available makes my head spin. I saw 2 good stones but due to indecision on my part, both are not available anymore. So I am looking for new options.

This is what I'm looking at now:
Carat 1 - 1.1
Color D-G
Clarity VVS2 - VS2
Cut Triple Excellent
Table 55-57
Depth 59-62.5
Crown Angle 34-35
Pavillion Angle 40.6 - 41

Budget around $8.5k

I really appreciate the help and I'll be posting stones in this thread if I find any, so you experts can shine a light on it :)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Numbers and stone look good.

jimmy12345

Rough_Rock
I am a bit worried about the dark crystal under the table though. I will never be looking at this stone with a loupe. Only regular eyesight. Thoughts?

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
Who is selling it? I would ask for it to examined. They will be able to tell you if it is eye clean and from what distance. Since it’s a VS1 I would think it would be unnoticeable without magnification.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a bit worried about the dark crystal under the table though. I will never be looking at this stone with a loupe. Only regular eyesight. Thoughts?
Almost 0% chance that you'll see it with the naked eye. Not in a VS1

stonehunter20

Shiny_Rock
i dont see any "dark circles" under the table. it's a beautiful diamond! good price too imo.

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
Perfect on paper but I agree about the video. I’m wondering if the diamond is tilted. Not sure if the black areas between the arrows are a concern but I don’t like them.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfect on paper but I agree about the video. I’m wondering if the diamond is tilted. Not sure if the black areas between the arrows are a concern but I don’t like them.
I would ask them for a new video. The one on there is awful and doesnt make sense given the specs

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Diamond Station Tennis Bracelet
    Diamond Station Tennis Bracelet
    What is PriceScope?
    What is PriceScope?
    What is Diamond Color?
    What is Diamond Color?

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.