shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbies and Newishbies Unite!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
Well... here goes :)

I bet you can all guess my name! I live in Wisconsin, USA and I''m planning a wedding to my fabulous and sweet fiance!

I love to cook and bake and eat delicious food! In fact, my fiance and I work in the food service industry (me part time as a night/weekend job, him full time as a restaurant manager). :) [By day I work in an accounts payable position at a product development firm.]

I love wine, mostly reds, especially jammy ones like zinfandels and tempranillos. I also love beer, which is good, because I work at a restaurant that serves 150 of them, all from Wisconsin craft breweries!!!

I love cats and hope to adopt a couple of kittens soon, I *really* love jewelry (obviously) and our cute ranch house with hardwood floors, and light walls with dark-stained wood furniture.

I think that''s a good start... and I''d love to learn more about some of the other people who''ve been at PS for 6 months or less!!

So c''mon, get started!

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
And obviously, I have a serious addiction to exclamation points and am in serious need of treatment...
20.gif

2.gif

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock
Hi Katy!

Okay, um, let''s see. I found my way on here because my SO and I are planning to get engaged fairly soon, and I fell in love with the LIW board!

I''m in college, finishing up a double major in computer science and bioengineering. Besides being a nerd, I love being outside. I mountain bike, hike, snowboard, and rock climb. I would do all of these things more (plus maybe kayaking) if I didn''t live in the Midwest.

I''m not really a big jewelry person, but I am excited for an engagement ring!

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
LOL Katy: I've been told I need to tone down my use of exclamation points too
2.gif

Well where's to start? I'm a newlywed. Just got married on Valentine's Day of this year. My husband is my Hero! I came across PS while looking for comparison pics between two fancy shapes.

I hibernated (lurked) for a while in the eyecandy thread, and it took me about a month to get through it all.... Then I schlepped over to the under 1ct thread, cause I knew that's what I'd be getting
41.gif

I finally came out of lurkdom over in LIW and was welcomed warmly there.

I made like one post over in BIW when I was still a LIW and I think I gleaned a whopping 3 or 4 responses
6.gif
LOL!

I posted a few times over in hangout but still felt kinda out of place as mentioned over in DF's newbie thread. I find the veterans to be the most hilarious people in internet land.

Brief run down? I recently became a SAHM and I'm BEYOND excited, yay me! No really it should be yay husband. He rocks. He knew how much I wanted to be at home and did what he had to do to make it happen. Me likey him, lol!

Did I mention that I can be kinda silly sometimes?
27.gif

I love wine too! I love to cook. I hate to clean, but I can't stand to see messes so I'm constantly cleaning
29.gif

I ramble alot.

I love this thread.

I hope more newbs come out of hiding
31.gif

vintagecushion

Shiny_Rock
Ha ha Katy, your thread title made me laugh.

I''ll play.
35.gif
I think I''m a newishbie. I''m not even sure how long I''ve been on PS. I lurked for a long time because I love looking at jewelry designs. I don''t post much because I don''t really fit in any of the subforums (BIW planning an elopement, looking for cocktail dresses, and with jewelry plans put on hold to put $$ toward travel--sacrilege, I know). I used to read ATW but stopped posting there because I got too riled up.

Your house sounds adorable and I would also love to adopt pets! I''m with you on the wine. Love Spanish wine and food. Other hobbies are photography, reading, and camping/exploring cities with my darling FI.

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
somegirl - I started out on LIW too, figuring I'd have residency there for a while - but I think it was only three weeks! I was lucky
1.gif
Midwesterners unite!

SparklyLibra - I hope to be a SAHM some day, when we have kids! We're planning on waiting at least a couple years... although I expect the begging and pleading on my part to start around one year post-wedding.
17.gif
I HATE CLEANING. So much. But I hate messes, too! In our house though, mess wins out over cleanliness about 50% of the time. Oops. Well, I should say clutter more than mess... it's never very DIRTY around here, just out of order. =)

vintagecushion - I'm newish too... I don't really consider myself a newbie, so I thought I'd include those like us
2.gif
Your thrifty approach to becoming a wife is admirable - my parents offered us the money instead of the wedding and though I tried to convince myself to do it, I couldn't take them up on the offer! I like taking pictures, and I hope to get into photography more in the coming years - being a photographer is my absolute dream, and I would love to learn more about it!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 11:07:08 PM
Author:KatyWI

I bet you can all guess my name! I live in Wisconsin, USA and I''m planning a wedding to my fabulous and sweet fiance!

I love to cook and bake and eat delicious food! In fact, my fiance and I work in the food service industry (me part time as a night/weekend job, him full time as a restaurant manager). :) [By day I work in an accounts payable position at a product development firm.]

I love wine, mostly reds, especially jammy ones like zinfandels and tempranillos. I also love beer, which is good, because I work at a restaurant that serves 150 of them, all from Wisconsin craft breweries!!!

I love cats and hope to adopt a couple of kittens soon, I *really* love jewelry (obviously) and our cute ranch house with hardwood floors, and light walls with dark-stained wood furniture.

I think that''s a good start... and I''d love to learn more about some of the other people who''ve been at PS for 6 months or less!!

So c''mon, get started!
Great thread KatyWI. A big welcome to you and all the other newbies.
36.gif
35.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 12:18:54 AM
Author: Kaleigh
36.gif
35.gif
Ditto, Welcome!!! I love when there are new people; I feel the more the merrier for sure, like a big ole family!
9.gif
PS is one big family !!

vintagecushion

Shiny_Rock
Katy I wish it was thriftiness but the truth is that I'm just lazy! If money was no object, I'd gladly hand some over to an event planner and just show up, I love a party as much as the next girl. It's so fun to admire the beautiful weddings on Pricescope and I'm in awe of how much work it takes.

What is your wedding going to be like? Have you picked out a photographer yet?

Hello to the other newbies

35.gif

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
Ahahaha. Funny you should ask. I tell people about my photographer EVERY CHANCE I GET so sit down and listen! ;-)

Her name is Kimberley Bednarski Anderson and she's based out of Milwaukee, WI. She just won first AND SECOND place in the "getting ready" category at WedComp - the International Wedding Image Competition, and had three other images place in the top 25 in other categories. She has won bunches other awards too, one just in the last couple days! You can find her at:

KB Image Photography
or
KB Image Photography Blog

I honestly think she's one of the best photographers I have EVER seen, and even though she was out of our photography budget, as soon as I saw the "About Me" on her website I knew I HAD TO HAVE HER... and that was before I saw her incredibly gorgeous photos! :)

Ahem. As for the rest of my wedding - I'm going all out for about 100 people, which includes only our closest friends and our family. Single people aren't allowed dates - everyone in the room will be our absolute nearest and dearest, and I cannot wait. The invitations will be very formal and simple. We're having a 9 piece dance and party band that is led by close friends of ours, I'm getting married in a park on the lakefront and then the reception is going to be at a gorgeous old palace style theater that was built in the 20s. Frank Sinatra himself played there, and in fact our first dance song is by Ol' Blue Eyes himself, "What Are You Doing the Rest of Your Life". The food is spectacular at the theater (it has a restaurant!) and the flowers are mostly orchids and my dress!!! is the Sagrera by Manuel Mota for Pronovias and my vision is a retro-posh-glam-romantic thing. I want everyone to leave our wedding saying "That was the most beautiful, romantic, fun wedding I have ever been to!"

Haha. Thanks for asking... I hate that I talk about it so much in my everyday life, because I think people are getting sick of me asking!

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 12:18:54 AM
Author: Kaleigh
Date: 3/28/2009 11:07:08 PM

Author:KatyWI

I bet you can all guess my name! I live in Wisconsin, USA and I'm planning a wedding to my fabulous and sweet fiance!

I think that's a good start... and I'd love to learn more about some of the other people who've been at PS for 6 months or less!!

So c'mon, get started!
36.gif
35.gif

I agree! Let's see...I stumbled onto PS late last year when my BF and I started talking engagement, and right away it was 'WOAH this site is amazing!!'
1.gif
I quickly realized that I did not know a thing about diamonds or ring shopping, and started scouring the site to learn as much as I could - I've done about 234892734827 searches
34.gif
and am still in such awe of people who can look at a bunch of numbers and say, for example, "you know, that angle seems a bit low"
23.gif
Plus the members of this community are so incredibly warm and welcoming - this is the first forum I've ever visited, let alone posted on, and now I'm spoiled for life
5.gif

I was an English major in college and am now in law school, and have always loved language - from its beauty, to its power, down to its structure. I *heart* words, they're my escape. So weird, I know
37.gif
2.gif

I'm very excited to get to know the PS community,
36.gif
for KatyWI and the original instigator extraordinnaire, DF!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great thread KatyWI:

I would also like to welcome all of the newbies.
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif
I also have an addiction with exclamation points. I use them all of the time, so you are not alone.
9.gif

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Kaleigh, Skippy123, and Linda W!!!

jjc, I really wanted to be an English major because there''s pretty much nothing I love more than reading, and I''m great at writing when I want to be, but I got to a point where I felt like my papers were more BS than actual thought and I majored in Latin instead! :) Thanks for participating!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Newbies and Newishbies!!
36.gif

I also use far too many exclamation marks!!
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanted to pop in and say welcome dear ladies. Glad you like it here!

Oooh theres my Bruddah... Good day to you Bruddah
35.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Katy, I think this thread was a fantastic idea! <------- I don''t mind how many of these anyone uses!
2.gif

To all the newbs, glad you found us.
1237412xwco8j4coz.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Welcome
35.gif
it is always nice to see new faces around here (and old ones as well :D).

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/29/2009 9:23:27 AM
Author: Deelight
Welcome
35.gif
slap4.gif
hehe23.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 7:34:08 AM
Author: Lorelei

35.gif
Hello Bruddah Lorelei. Ooh there is Bruddah Dezza too!

Oh eck there is Ellen... Hide Bruddahs!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/29/2009 9:29:24 AM
Author: Maisie

Date: 3/29/2009 7:34:08 AM

35.gif
Hello Bruddah Lorelei. Ooh there is Bruddah Dezza too!

Oh eck there is Ellen... Hide Bruddahs!
runawaysad.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can run, but you can''t hide. Muahahahahahahahaaaa
pixelSHERLOCK_finished.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/29/2009 9:38:40 AM
Author: Ellen
1276752h6e4tykrbg.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 9:28:22 AM

Welcome
35.gif

slap4.gif
hehe23.gif
wobble2.gif
oops.gif
young ones?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/29/2009 9:43:47 AM

Date: 3/29/2009 9:28:22 AM

Welcome
35.gif

slap4.gif
hehe23.gif
wobble2.gif
oops.gif
young ones?
thats more like it bruddah dezza...( don''t want ellen to see me....)

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 9:38:40 AM
Author: Ellen

neenerneenerguy.gif
1237374r1ff8z5nm8.gif
scram.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
You guys better watch it, you''ll all be sorry....
nails.gif

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, I KNOW there are more people out there that haven''t spoken up...

*pokes unruly masses*

OUT WITH YOU!!!!

26.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 7:04:29 PM
Author: KatyWI
Okay, I KNOW there are more people out there that haven''t spoken up...

*pokes unruly masses*

OUT WITH YOU!!!!

26.gif
Yes come out and play!!!!
35.gif

gummibear

Shiny_Rock
Hi KatyWI
35.gif
Okay, I''ll play, too!!!

I''m definitely a newbie, though I''ve lurked for nearly a year.
6.gif
I''m a pretty quiet and private person, but I love jewelry (especially rings!). I found PS during a long LIW period and it really helped me to hear all the great stories and distract myself a bit with all the pretty sparklies.
30.gif

I finally decided to sign in and start contributing here and there...this is such an awesome community and I can''t believe how wonderful and welcoming you all are. A few things about me: I''m a huge animal lover, a vegetarian, and a shop-a-holic.
9.gif

Also, I''m not officially on the LIW list, but I''m just weeks away from finally getting my ER! Leon is working on it as we speak and I am going crazy with the waiting.
19.gif
19.gif
19.gif
I gave him a few suggestions on what I like (simple, delicate, low profile), but basically left the design up to him. I will post pics as soon as I get it.
9.gif
Looking forward to getting to know you all
1.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
just a warning to the newbies here...there''re a few
nuts.gif
ladies on PS.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results