shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie with a few (hopefully not newbie) questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zigzag

Rough_Rock
Hi all, first post here, although I've read up the FAQ and tutorial. I've learned a lot since coming here: great site.

Anyway, I am looking for an e-ring, but I have a special situation: because my girlfriend is Brazilian, I bought the wedding bands in Brazil when I was there a few weeks ago. The idea is to have Brazilian bands and an American e-ring, since we come from different cultures.

So I've got the bands, and I'd really like the gold in the e-ring to match. Because of that, buying a 'stock' diamond ring in the store is unlikely to give me what I need. Based on what I have read here, I've decided to buy the diamond on the internet and then have a setting crafted with (hopefully) matching gold.

Now, the questions:

-Is it possible for a jeweler to 'match' the color of the rings (yellow gold). I've seen a big variation in the color of gold I've looked at.

-Will a local jeweler be surly about my bringing in a diamond for him/her to set?

-Any recommendations on someone who could do that type of work near the Boston area?

Last, I've decided on the following diamond. I think it's good, but anything I should be concerned about?

Thanks to everyone in a advance.

DI40X_AGS-6809608.jpg

zigzag

Rough_Rock
The IS image for the above:

IS_AGS-6809608.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Whooooaaaa, that diamond looks like a KILLER to me! I LOVE it!

Well, my first thought is to inquire first with the vendor selling you the diamond. Many of them do custom work, and custom is usually (surprisingly!) reasonably priced. You could just ship your wedding band(s) to the vendor and then you could be sure of an identical gold match. (Which, BTW, I think is VERY important, and I know just what you mean. What is with all those color VARIATIONS in gold?!!! I have several 14K yellow gold rings and every one of them is a noticeably different "color"!)

Well, keep us posted! I think your rings sound awesome -- and don't forget to post photos!

PS ETA: Just noticed that you are buying your stone from WF. Well, then, your problem is solved!!!! I am sure they can FIX YOU RIGHT UP!!!
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone, it''s a winner in my book. I would talk to WF about doing something custom for you and matching the gold. Nice choice she will love it!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
The only problem with that stone is that it''s way too beautiful!!!
18.gif
Is your gold by any chance 18k? That will be an almost buttery yellow. Whiteflash does beautiful work, and I am sure you can work something out with them.

shay

zigzag

Rough_Rock
Update: well, I bought the diamond. It really gave me confidence to hear your validation, thanks.

The rings are 18k gold. Renee at Whiteflash told me they can try to match the color of the gold, but that it can be difficult to do that sometimes. I''m going to send the ring in to them to see what they can do.

I''ll try to attach pics of the wedding bands.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YUM YUM YUM!!~! LOVE the IS image too, beautiful choice - congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results