shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie looking for some advice on overall stone value within my budget.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cass1968

Rough_Rock
I would like to thank everyone for all pf the information that I continue to learn from this site; however, I am very confused and my situation is this....I have truly met the love of my life and looking to finalize the enagement process. I had to put getting engaged off for several months to help my Mom conquer her battle w/small cell lung cancer. She has patiently stood by me and supported me and my family and she is so excited to get engaged...she has a sense that it will happen very soon, but I think I have confused myself into having zero confidence that I am selecting a good stone. I just do not want to arbitralily select a stone because she is that special to me and she deserves my best effort.

My budget is between $6500 - $7500 and I am looking for about a 1.5 carat Princess Cut Stone. On several occassions I thought that I have found a good stone, then I read comments on Fluoresence or Depth and I talk myself out of pulling the trigger. I have confidence in purchasing from all of the merchants that have been referenced in a positive manner on this forum. My issue is that I just don''t completely understand all the variables associated with picking out a quality stone.

If anyone can offer some guidance or suggestions I would be very thankful.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Request the pics for the H; it''s the best way to get a clue.

jcu1276

Rough_Rock
JulieN,

That I VS2: http://www.exceldiamonds.com/diamond/51609.html is a good find. Too bad it does not have some fluoresence to help with the color. Good luck on your mission Cass. It took me months of reading and searching. Finally found it, just waiting for the right proposal idea and date.

tanalasta

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Although there are AGS cut chart guides for Princess's - it is not as easy to tell how good a princess will be compared to a RBC based upon the 'numbers' alone. That is because the Princess is a fancy cut with multiple combinations of crown/pavillion/other angles/factors that are not as well studied as the RBC.

However, what is important is to build a good relationship with a jeweller / diamond stockist who would have a good idea what would fit within your price range as well as supply you with the information you need to determine if the diamond is of a good quality cut or not. Generally, you would be looking at light performance such as an AGS '0' light performance or a satisfactory ASET picture. It may also be worthwhile to talk to some of the reputable jewellers (e.g. request an appointment with rockdoc at GoG and / or WF or other vendor of your choice) and discuss your requirements and budget. That way, if they don't have what you want 'in house' they may be able to source it for you, or let you know once something within your budget and requirements does come in. So you don't miss out :)

You should be able to source a SI (check that it is eye clean) stone with that budget. :) Don't forget about budgeting for the setting also.

Best wishes and pray both your pending engagement and your mother will be doing well. SC lung cancer is a tough battle.

cass1968

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the help. Decided on a setting and stone. I will post pics and submit a vendor review after I receive the ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results