shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie Here - Need your advice!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kbella126

Rough_Rock
Hey everybody. I just happened to find this forum, and feel very lucky to have done so! To be honest, I need some help. My husband purchased a 0.70 carat princess cut solitare from Bailey Banks & Biddle back in Oct 1999 for my e-ring. He paid $3995 for it. I am interested in trading up but not sure what their policy is, and also I would like to know if we got ripped really bad. The IGI papers that came with it say it is:

4.73 x 4.60 x 3.27mm (which means nothing to me)

near colorless (H)

clarity SI (I)

and the polish/symmetry is good/fair.

I am would like to trade up and break into the 1 carat mark at least. I graduate from registered nursing school in May and I sure need something to look forward to! lol. Also I am in North Carolina and would like to know if anyone could recommend a good jeweler here. Anyway, I really appreciate any advice you all could give me.

Thank you!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Your stone has probably got a very thick girdle and has therefore got a small spread for its size. Any buyer will discount their offer because of it.
We might hope for .50ct to .60ct for the 4.7 to 4.6millimeter spread it has.

You can find out what it might be worth by looking at .55ct and also .70ct H/I SI1 prices by doing a search on the little tool bar just under the banner at top of this page.
Use the Search All button.

You might be better to do a price comparison by finding a stone and asking the vendor to do a trade up - as well as going back to where you bought it.

Good news is in 7 years Princess cuts have improved out of sight.

Another alternative - keep your old stone and set it into a pendant.

Date: 11/11/2005 11:21:14 PM
Author:kbella126
Hey everybody. I just happened to find this forum, and feel very lucky to have done so! To be honest, I need some help. My husband purchased a 0.70 carat princess cut solitare from Bailey Banks & Biddle back in Oct 1999 for my e-ring. He paid $3995 for it. I am interested in trading up but not sure what their policy is, and also I would like to know if we got ripped really bad. The IGI papers that came with it say it is:

4.73 x 4.60 x 3.27mm (which means nothing to me)

near colorless (H)

clarity SI (I)

and the polish/symmetry is good/fair.

I am would like to trade up and break into the 1 carat mark at least. I graduate from registered nursing school in May and I sure need something to look forward to! lol. Also I am in North Carolina and would like to know if anyone could recommend a good jeweler here. Anyway, I really appreciate any advice you all could give me.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results