shape
carat
color
clarity

New WSS Gem Quality Pearl Studs

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've been good during SIP. I haven't really gone out and have not shopped. Until now.

I had a pair of 11mm WSS silvery white studs that I purchased from my jeweler in HK that were 18WG posts (he didn't have platinum). My ears are allergic to the nickel in white gold so I have to put steroid cream on them every single time. In my experience, platinum works best for me, it's also good that platinum is cheaper than gold now so that works out to my advantage.

I was looking around for another pair of pearl studs, found a pair with platinum posts and ordered them from AP. They came literally with a post stuck in the pearl without a cup....I have never seen pearls with just a post stuck in them.

After my disappointment I returned them and was hoping I could find something in the not too distant future. That's when @yssie (who @LLJsmom introduced me to) recommended @molinePDG to me and I now am the proud owner of gem quality 11.2mm WSS pearl studs in platinum cup and posts!

Getting older stinks and my reading-glasses-wearing eyes aren't so good at checking luster, blemishes and the like so yssie was instrumental in helping me approve of the studs. Originally I liked the satin look of WSS studs but was not aware that gem quality WSS will have that much sharp luster so gem quality is the way to go.

Andrew @molinePDG is a rockstar in terms of customer service and the amount of time and effort he went to search for the perfect pair of gem quality WSS studs for me.

Without further ado, here are pictures! And yes the luster is so good on the pearls you can see my red iphone case and fingers!

IMG_5944 (Large).jpg IMG_5947 (Large).jpg IMG_5951 (Large).jpg IMG_5956 (Large).JPG IMG_5958 (Large).jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those look amazing!!
Haha I feel you on gem quality pearls being a revelation. I can never go back now and may be developing a bit of an addiction...

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW. Those look GORGEOUS on you. Doh. So tempting!!! Congratulations on finding a pair of beauties. From what I've learned from @yssie that is no mean feat. Kudos to @molinePDG ! Friends don't let friends get bad pearls!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice, thanks for sharing! :kiss2:

I wish I could wear studs that big. Unfortunately, they do not sit well on my earlobes, and they end up sticking out like an extra pair of eyes, making my already chubby wide face even wider, not a good look! :confused2:

DK :))

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They look amazing, absolutely beautiful. Thank goodness AP messed up your order, otherwise you might not have gone down the route you did!

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Those look amazing!!
Haha I feel you on gem quality pearls being a revelation. I can never go back now and may be developing a bit of an addiction...

I totally agree that I can never go back to non gem quality pearls!!!

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
WOW. Those look GORGEOUS on you. Doh. So tempting!!! Congratulations on finding a pair of beauties. From what I've learned from @yssie that is no mean feat. Kudos to @molinePDG ! Friends don't let friends get bad pearls!

Thank you again for the introduction! You're right - Friends don't let friends get bad pearls :D I also have learned so much from yssie - I told her that I need her approval before buying anything else in the future lol!

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very nice, thanks for sharing! :kiss2:

I wish I could wear studs that big. Unfortunately, they do not sit well on my earlobes, and they end up sticking out like an extra pair of eyes, making my already chubby wide face even wider, not a good look! :confused2:

I'm sure pearls in any size will look good on your earlobes =)2

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They look amazing, absolutely beautiful. Thank goodness AP messed up your order, otherwise you might not have gone down the route you did!

Thank you for the kind words. My pearl journey had a small bump in the road that led me to my beautiful earrings, and for that I'm grateful ;)2

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those look fantastic on you! I’m so glad you didn’t keep the other pair. These are so much better!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sure pearls in any size will look good on your earlobes =)2

I wish! 10mm round is probably the biggest I could wear.

I still have a pair of 12mm or so Tahitians (I'll measure them), and shall take a photo wearing them to show you what I mean later.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've been good during SIP. I haven't really gone out and have not shopped. Until now.

I had a pair of 11mm WSS silvery white studs that I purchased from my jeweler in HK that were 18WG posts (he didn't have platinum). My ears are allergic to the nickel in white gold so I have to put steroid cream on them every single time. In my experience, platinum works best for me, it's also good that platinum is cheaper than gold now so that works out to my advantage.

I was looking around for another pair of pearl studs, found a pair with platinum posts and ordered them from AP. They came literally with a post stuck in the pearl without a cup....I have never seen pearls with just a post stuck in them.

After my disappointment I returned them and was hoping I could find something in the not too distant future. That's when @yssie (who @LLJsmom introduced me to) recommended @molinePDG to me and I now am the proud owner of gem quality 11.2mm WSS pearl studs in platinum cup and posts!

Getting older stinks and my reading-glasses-wearing eyes aren't so good at checking luster, blemishes and the like so yssie was instrumental in helping me approve of the studs. Originally I liked the satin look of WSS studs but was not aware that gem quality WSS will have that much sharp luster so gem quality is the way to go.

Andrew @molinePDG is a rockstar in terms of customer service and the amount of time and effort he went to search for the perfect pair of gem quality WSS studs for me.

Without further ado, here are pictures! And yes the luster is so good on the pearls you can see my red iphone case and fingers!

IMG_5944 (Large).jpg IMG_5947 (Large).jpg IMG_5951 (Large).jpg IMG_5956 (Large).JPG IMG_5958 (Large).jpg

Wow !
They look amazing in your ears

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here you go, and I don't like the look.

They are 13.5mm and blue, hence I have not sold them as I love blue Tahitians.

I may set them into a bangle one day.

20201118_215229.jpg

DK :(2

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
. 'My ears are allergic to the nickel in white gold'
You won't have this problem if you require all findings and metal to be made to EU standard (most Chinese manufacturers do this at least in part)
EU standard is no nickel allowed.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They're glorious :love:

Bedazzlingly bright and silvery - and you're not supposed to see reflections of phone edges and fingers in south sea pearls!!
Talk about "unusually lustrous"!!

They must be stunning in-person... And against your dark hair...
I covet them... :mrgreen::bigsmile::love:

Your WSS collection is remarkable!!!! :cool2:
And a very big thank you to @LLJsmom for introducing us - I'm so happy to have finally "met" you! ::)

Last edited:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Truly fabulous!!
:kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They're glorious :love:

Bedazzlingly bright and silvery - and you're not supposed to see reflections of phone edges and fingers in south sea pearls!!
Talk about "unusually lustrous"!!

They must be stunning in-person... And against your dark hair...
I covet them... :mrgreen::bigsmile::love:

Your WSS collection is remarkable!!!! :cool2:
And a very big thank you to @LLJsmom for introducing us - I'm so happy to have finally "met" you! ::)

Thank you so much for teaching me about pearls and introducing me to @molinePDG! I’m also so happy to have “met” you - if it wasn’t for your recommendation I would have been sitting around waiting for a pair of pretty good WSS instead of amazing WSS pearls!

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here you go, and I don't like the look.

They are 13.5mm and blue, hence I have not sold them as I love blue Tahitians.

I may set them into a bangle one day.

20201118_215229.jpg

DK :(2

The Tahitians are gorgeous, I’m sure they will look amazing in a bangle!

Mcgregor

Shiny_Rock
These pearls are to die for! Such luster!! Lucky you!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
These are absolutely stunning on you! The pearls are glorious :kiss2:

molinePDG

Shiny_Rock
Trade
The comments on this thread have been extraordinarily kind. :)

And, some wonderful photos of the pearls! Photography is very tough when it comes to pearls!

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Photography is very tough when it comes to pearls!

Very tough may be the understatement of the year!

nojs

Shiny_Rock
. 'My ears are allergic to the nickel in white gold'
You won't have this problem if you require all findings and metal to be made to EU standard (most Chinese manufacturers do this at least in part)
EU standard is no nickel allowed.

This is actually a common misconception. EU does not allow “leakage“ of certain level of nickel from the product, but this is not the same as no nickel. I know, since I researched the matter after a reaction to expensive white gold earrings.

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
This is actually a common misconception. EU does not allow “leakage“ of certain level of nickel from the product, but this is not the same as no nickel. I know, since I researched the matter after a reaction to expensive white gold earrings.

I could get technical to quote the actual regulations (which also encompass lead and other undesirable ingredients) but as a short form no nickel is pretty much it.
For most people findings which comply with EU regs will obviate any nickel allergy problems. I'd be interested to know where you got the findings and if they were assayed.
Since it is impossible to tell by looking at any item whether it complies or not we are all relying on the people up the supply chain.

lucky7355

Rough_Rock
I love these! Mirror reflection, I love that you can see you holding the phone case. :)

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
These pearls are to die for! Such luster!! Lucky you!

Thank you - I’m lucky that I found Andrew and he helped me find my dream pearl studs!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results