shape
carat
color
clarity

New WSS drops!

empliau

Shiny_Rock
So, I began asking about small Takahashi - and today I got large(ish) Takahashi! I was entranced by the WSS drops that Takahashi had recently on Instagram:
Screen Shot 2023-02-14 at 16.28.29.png

Yy recommended the top pair, and I chose lever backs, having learned the hard way that my threaders can take flight when I take off my mask. (They fell on a soft surface and are undamaged, thank goodness.)
So they were completed last week:
Screen Shot 2023-03-06 at 22.02.57.png
And arrived today:
IMG_4457.jpeg
IMG_4455.jpeg
My photo skills are not great, but when I looked at them in the mirror for the first time, three selves looked back at me: one in the mirror and one reflected in each pearl. It will take some getting used to, but I'm entranced with the luster, the color, everything. They're just stunning. Kan and Yy did such a great job!

In other news, I'd better stop buying pearls. Seriously, I think I may have a problem. I'm in love.

ETA: Please excuse flyaway hairs. Whoops!

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They’re a great size on you!! :love:

I almost feel like there are two types of Pearls People - those who “get” WSS right away and those who don’t. I was the second sort, I had to mentally undo some akoya affectations to really appreciate SS… But once I “got” it… No turning back!!

Congratulations on your beautiful new dangles!! :bigsmile:

NY_Resonant

Shiny_Rock
Those WSS look great on you!

I was actually just at a Tiffany store today and saw some of their 11mm WSS earrings. The SA thought they were akoya and I had to tell her it had to be WSS at 11mm and she confirmed on her phone

Your WSS looks 10x better than the one I saw at Tiffany. It looked dead/boring to me in the store. I hope nobody buys pearls at Tiffany and feel sad for the people who dislike pearls because that’s the quality they get to see

Enjoy those beauties, I’m sure you’ll get lots of compliments on them.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I love the pearls and love the pearls on you. Beautiful soft finish. The pearls look so lovely against your hair and skin. The size is great!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are a great size on you, thanks for sharing! :kiss2:

I am still on the hunt for my own WSS drops (silver overtone, more pronounced drop shape, about 11mm wide), now that I have ticked the box for a pair of Tahitian drops.

DK :))

empliau

Shiny_Rock
They’re a great size on you!! :love:

I almost feel like there are two types of Pearls People - those who “get” WSS right away and those who don’t. I was the second sort, I had to mentally undo some akoya affectations to really appreciate SS… But once I “got” it… No turning back!!

Congratulations on your beautiful new dangles!! :bigsmile:

Thanks for the vote of confidence! I do think them very beautiful - and I never even thought of WSS, but was introduced to Takahashi by PS - and the rest is history. Although I don't think I'd ever even seen WSS in real life, but I trust Yy and Kan.

So thank you PS and Yssie for introducing me to Takahashi! These dangles are my obsession!

empliau

Shiny_Rock
Those WSS look great on you!

I was actually just at a Tiffany store today and saw some of their 11mm WSS earrings. The SA thought they were akoya and I had to tell her it had to be WSS at 11mm and she confirmed on her phone

Your WSS looks 10x better than the one I saw at Tiffany. It looked dead/boring to me in the store. I hope nobody buys pearls at Tiffany and feel sad for the people who dislike pearls because that’s the quality they get to see

Enjoy those beauties, I’m sure you’ll get lots of compliments on them.

Thanks! I've never actually been in Tiffany's, but my impression is that they don't specialize in pearls. (Mikimoto, on the other hand ....) And most of the compliments are here, so I'm grateful! My husband is jewelry-blind, and my daughter only really likes diamonds. Sigh.

empliau

Shiny_Rock
I love the pearls and love the pearls on you. Beautiful soft finish. The pearls look so lovely against your hair and skin. The size is great!

Oh my goodness, how kind of you! I love pearls so, thank you for suggesting that they may love me back!

empliau

Shiny_Rock
They are a great size on you, thanks for sharing! :kiss2:

I am still on the hunt for my own WSS drops (silver overtone, more pronounced drop shape, about 11mm wide), now that I have ticked the box for a pair of Tahitian drops.

DK :))

Thank you so much! Your drops are out there - and you will LOVE them! I can't stop looking at mine!

empliau

Shiny_Rock
I tried to take more photos, on a white paper towel. iPhone 7, so outdated camera.

The first photo is under a north window, so diffuse sunlight - the second on a table away from windows. They don't really capture the luster but they come close. And I don't see any imperfections in the surface. My word they're beautiful.

IMG_4459.jpg IMG_4461.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooo, they are gorgeous and look wonderful on you. I have recently fallen down the SS rabbit hole. Pics like yours aren't helping me, lol.

Cinders

Shiny_Rock
Really lovely! If these were on IG, I think the pair you chose also caught my eye---great purchase! I trust them with pearl selection, as well.

I'm still on the lookout for my own pair of WSSs. :)

empliau

Shiny_Rock
DK - did you see that katbran has these on Instagram:

Screen Shot 2023-03-18 at 10.15.08.png

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
So, I began asking about small Takahashi - and today I got large(ish) Takahashi! I was entranced by the WSS drops that Takahashi had recently on Instagram:
Screen Shot 2023-02-14 at 16.28.29.png

Yy recommended the top pair, and I chose lever backs, having learned the hard way that my threaders can take flight when I take off my mask. (They fell on a soft surface and are undamaged, thank goodness.)
So they were completed last week:
Screen Shot 2023-03-06 at 22.02.57.png
And arrived today:
IMG_4457.jpeg
IMG_4455.jpeg
My photo skills are not great, but when I looked at them in the mirror for the first time, three selves looked back at me: one in the mirror and one reflected in each pearl. It will take some getting used to, but I'm entranced with the luster, the color, everything. They're just stunning. Kan and Yy did such a great job!

In other news, I'd better stop buying pearls. Seriously, I think I may have a problem. I'm in love.

ETA: Please excuse flyaway hairs. Whoops!

those look so good on you
:kiss2:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DK - did you see that katbran has these on Instagram:

Screen Shot 2023-03-18 at 10.15.08.png

Only just seen this post, sorry!

I did not see them, however, I have my own pair now.

DK ;)2

empliau

Shiny_Rock
Only just seen this post, sorry!

I did not see them, however, I have my own pair now.

DK ;)2

You and they were meant to be. They're gorgeous.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look stunning on you! Pearls are definitely addictive when you see high quality ones. I only have one SS pearl that is loose in a net pendant but I love to stare at it!
Looking forward to your future pearl adventures!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely! Gorgeous pearls - what a fantastic buy. And the setting is one I'm thinking about. Thanks for sharing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results