shape
carat
color
clarity

New Whiteflash 3.40 tcw Custom Eternity Band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

js_diamond

Shiny_Rock
That is quite the stunner. I love it.

broundiamond09

Rough_Rock
Oh great, thanks so much! Do you find that the ring sits low? I would want it to sit as flush as possible with my engagement ring.

shelleydog

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for the compliments - it makes me love it even more!

Broundiamond09 - I am now home and have looked at the ring closely. If you went with eight diamonds you would cover from side to side with possibly a little into the side, meaning no plain band would show. Even though I feel this ring sits low and is very comfortable, I would think the height would be higher than most erings. I don''t wear it with mine but when I put it on with my ering it is much higher. I would think you would need to get smaller diamonds to more closely match your ering (or wear it on the other finger like I do). Of course, your ering may have 20 pointers in it and it would look fine.

broundiamond09

Rough_Rock
Do you happen to have the height and width on a band made with 20pointers, like Shelleydog's?

Sorry, this message was supposed to be in reply to atroop711. I'm still getting used to posting.
5.gif

broundiamond09

Rough_Rock
Hi Shelleydog,

Thanks so much for checking. I was concerned about it being too high. What kind of engagement ring do you have? I was considering just wearing the 5 stone band alone and only wearing the engagement ring on special occasions but my fiance isn''t too pleased with that idea. I actually have a solitaire so you are probably right that the 20 pointers would be too much.
7.gif

shelleydog

Shiny_Rock
You should ask Whiteflash about the height and width. Since mine was a custom band, I believe the measurements are different than when Whiteflash is able to order a band in. I am impressed with how low it sits considering the size of the diamonds.

shelleydog

Shiny_Rock
I have an engagement with side diamonds - I think it would be too high with a solitaire (if you want them to be the same height). I''ve seen many pictures on here of rings that aren''t the same height and the wearer doesn''t seem to mind. What about if you got a plain wedding ring to match your solitare. I think that is so elegant since it lets the solitaire really shine. What size is your diamond? You could wear the eternity band on your right hand and have lots of bling (then you would make your fiance happy by wearing your ering all the time and still get the beautiful eternity band).

broundiamond09

Rough_Rock
My solitaire is 1.7 carats and the setting is http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-engagement-ring-setting-platinum_6305?catid=7&div_exp=collProduct&div_coll=expProduct

I suggested a plain band, however, my fiance would like me to have some diamonds in it since my engagement ring does not. Also, I have an eternity band that he gave me, however, the stones are 5 pointers, I think. He gave it to me prior to us learning about Pricescope so I''m not sure that even he knows! It''s a size 6 and has 23 diamonds in it - although, I''m not sure if one could tell the carat weight based on that information.

So I''m basically looking for a wedding band that has diamonds in it to compliment the ering, but diamonds that are larger than the eternity band he already gave me. WF said they can do this piece for me with the 20 pointers: http://www.uniquesettings.com/product/view/23962?from_style=1
The height on that is 2.5mm so I''m not sure how close it will sit to the engagement ring. Also, the width is 3.9mm and my ering is only 2.5mm. I''m not sure how that will look together.

Thanks for letting me "talk" your ear off on this. I''m just so confused as to what to get...
39.gif

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
shelleydog...your ring is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I am soooo loving the look of the uternity! Makes me want to send my current eternity to WF so they can make me a new band. Will they do that? Just wondering....

Anyway, enjoy your new ring!

shelleydog

Shiny_Rock
Your ering sounds beautiful! How do you think the 5 pointers look with your engagement ring? Does it sit flush (I believe if you have 23-5 points the total carat weight is 1.15)? I think you should go try on rings to see how they sit. Try on bands that are wider than your ering and see how you feel about it. I have seen pictures on here of solitaires with 5-stones that look very nice - it just depends on how you want it to look.

shelleydog

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Didiamond! I think your rings are awesome. Whiteflash could probably do anything.

broundiamond09

Rough_Rock
The 5 pointers do not sit flush. I really do have to get to a jewelry store to see how things sit together. The only diamond bands that sit flush though would be the pave kinds, I would think.

Again, your ring is so beautiful! I''ll show my fiance and see what he says. :)

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 3:08:44 PM
Author: broundiamond09
My solitaire is 1.7 carats and the setting is http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-engagement-ring-setting-platinum_6305?catid=7&div_exp=collProduct&div_coll=expProduct

I suggested a plain band, however, my fiance would like me to have some diamonds in it since my engagement ring does not. Also, I have an eternity band that he gave me, however, the stones are 5 pointers, I think. He gave it to me prior to us learning about Pricescope so I''m not sure that even he knows! It''s a size 6 and has 23 diamonds in it - although, I''m not sure if one could tell the carat weight based on that information.

So I''m basically looking for a wedding band that has diamonds in it to compliment the ering, but diamonds that are larger than the eternity band he already gave me. WF said they can do this piece for me with the 20 pointers: http://www.uniquesettings.com/product/view/23962?from_style=1

The height on that is 2.5mm so I''m not sure how close it will sit to the engagement ring. Also, the width is 3.9mm and my ering is only 2.5mm. I''m not sure how that will look together.

Thanks for letting me ''talk'' your ear off on this. I''m just so confused as to what to get...
39.gif

Hey..just going to give you an idea of how it may look. My e-ring is 1.77ct (center stone) and the 10 pointers was a nice fit..doesn''t overpower my ring. I think you should go to a local jeweler and try the diff. eternity bands on. I tried on 5, 10, 12, 15 and 20 pointers. I LOVED the 20 pointers..but it overpowered my ring since my band is a halo and already big (I don''t have long fingers)...but go try things on. Not only is it helpful but so much FUN!

Since your band isn''t that thick...I think larger stones (like 10-20 pointers) may look great and not overpower your ring!
30.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
That ring is just gorgeous!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results