shape
carat
color
clarity

New upgrade ring - Love it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
I love that ring!!! It looks so big on your finger. I never would have guessed it was .74. It looks bigger to me. I think that is the size I would like on my upgrade. It''s beautiful and looks perfect!
1.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know which is prettier...the diamond or the setting. Both are stunning.

Great choice. Those surprise stones are soooo pretty too.

SUPA IDEAL KID

Rough_Rock
Why would you get a D color with Strong blue fluoresence? Didn''t your jeweler advise against it? I am under the impression when going with such great color grade, avoid strong fluoresence.

Ring looks great in the photos!

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring! I love the double-clawed prongs! Very stylish!!! Congrats!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring! Love the setting with the surprise stones. Welcome aboard the fluorescence love train!!! Congratulations!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
A beautiful stone and setting. I love it
36.gif

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/21/2005 10:11:22 AM
Author: SUPA IDEAL KID
Why would you get a D color with Strong blue fluoresence? Didn't your jeweler advise against it? I am under the impression when going with such great color grade, avoid strong fluoresence.

Ring looks great in the photos!

Thanks for the comments, everyone. To Supa Ideal Kid - I have done a lot of reading about fluoresence in diamonds, and I would suggest you read this article from GIA regarding it. http://www.gia.edu/pdfs/W97_fluoresce.pdf

It is an unfortunate misconception that fluoresence is a bad thing - it didn't used to be. In fact, there are periods of time in which these "blue-white" diamonds, as they were referred to, were in very high demand. But times change...

Jonathan from GOG and Barry from Superbcert have really opened my mind and my eyes about fluoresence. The concern over strong and very strong fluoresence in stones is that it has the potential to make a stone look hazy / milky / oily in direct sunlight. However, this is not a given - not all stones do this - in fact, if you read the GIA study, you will find they mention that they had a hard time finding enough stones with strong or very strong fluoresence that exhibited this property at all.

I think I explained my reasons for choosing a stone with strong blue fluoresence in my original post. Let me put it this way - if this stone had no fluoresence, I still would have purchased it - the fluoresence is a neutral to positive aspect to me now. As I said, I too was hesitant about / concerned about the fluoresence - until I saw one with my own eyes. THAT is what really matters.

I found some local jewelers that tried to discourage me from fluoresence, and after educating myself I determined that those people really need to read that GIA study! These are the same people who tried to tell me that a GIA Excellent / Excellent is an ideal cut stone, most of them feigned ignorance (or maybe they really didn't know) about Sarin / Megascope reports, Brilliancescopes, Ideal / Firescopes, etc.

Bottom line is when purchasing a stone, your eyes will tell you the truth. If when I received this stone I was not happy, I would have sent it back. No risk. But I didn't notice / liked the fluoresence. It was never a negative for me, even though I was at some point in my pre diamond education days a bit hesitant about it for the same reasons you mentioned above. Live and learn... and then buy a fluorescent diamond!
2.gif

randyred

Rough_Rock
Oh Wow - what a gorgeous setting!
1.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I wish my main diamond had flourescence...it really adds something, IMO!
10.gif

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
It''s amazing!

deny

Rough_Rock
It is beautiful and I love the setting!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone - it''s so nice to be able to share with people who actually appreciate the beauty of a finely cut diamond! :)

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m adding a few more pics, and will also be adding this thread to the Eye Candy thread. This shows the new ring as well as the old stone in the new Vatche setting, which can be found here.

DSC02663small3b.jpg

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Close up - really shows the difference between a D and a G!

DSC02663small1b.jpg

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:)

DSC02706small.jpg

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arrows view...

DSC02613small.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow - beautiful! I love the new stone and I love the way the shank splits at the very top. It''s gorgeous!!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results