shape
carat
color
clarity

New To This..My Rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mrs.Taddeo

Rough_Rock
hey this is my first posting on here. I am posting pictures of my 2 engagement rings (1 from my old marriage and 1 from my current)

hope you guys enjoy, sorry for the bad quality of the pics

First(current marriage)

Diamond Shape: Pear shape
Carat Weight: 3.01 Carat
Diamond Color: D
Diamond Clarity: SI2
Measurements: 7.79-13.40x4.86 mm
Total Depth: 62.4%
Table Size: 59.0%

ring1.2.JPG

Mrs.Taddeo

Rough_Rock
Second(1st Marriage)

Diamond Shape: Round Brilliant
Carat Weight: 2.06 Carat
Diamond Color: I
Diamond Clarity: SI1
Measurements: 8.23-8.18x5.05 mm
Total Depth: 61.6%
Table Size: 58%
Side Stones Weight: 0.50 Carat.
Clarity: VS Color: G/H

ring2.1.JPG

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Both of those are gorgeous rings! Are you going to reset the round so it won''t be an e-ring?

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
I am really sad to say this ....................but I am the only one feeling suspicious here?

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/1/2008 10:57:24 AM
Author: Samantha Red
I am really sad to say this ....................but I am the only one feeling suspicious here?
Why are you feeling suspicious? What about this thread is making you feel this way? Just curious.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
HMMMM...those look eerily like stock shots...not pics from someone who owns those beauties.......where are the hand shots?!?!??!?!?!

chiapet

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/1/2008 11:58:43 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 3/1/2008 11:37:22 AM
Author: orbaya

Why are you feeling suspicious? What about this thread is making you feel this way? Just curious.
Beautiful rings, but, I had the same feeling, sorry.. but memories of JessicaM come to mind. If not, I wholeheartedly apologize in advance.
Who is JessicaM?

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
Why is she talking about her marriage(s) anyway? Weird. I vote troll too.
38.gif

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! That''s the first thing I thought --Troll! Bad! Bad! Bad!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Thank you ladies for having the same feeling as I did...those don''t look like real photos, do they?

BTW, who is JessicaM??????

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
I like the one from your current marriage. What is the ct weight of the pave in the setting? It looks huge on you! What size fingers do you have?

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol...I thought the very same thing as soon as I saw the pictures...not because it is not believable that they would be owned by the same person, but because the pictures look like stock photos. If I am wrong, I apologize. Either way, they are lovely!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2008 2:02:10 PM
Author: Diamond*Dana

Lol...I thought the very same thing as soon as I saw the pictures...not because it is not believable that they would be owned by the same person, but because the pictures look like stock photos. If I am wrong, I apologize. Either way, they are lovely!
Ditto. They are beautiful though.

MP

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/1/2008 1:37:42 PM
Author: CdnBlingGal
Hmm, well as long as the topic is up I''m willing to take this person as being genuine. I really like the engagement ring that you received for your first marriage. I''m not a big fan of pears, but if you are a pear person you have a great looking one there.

Speaking from a guys perspective I wonder why you still have your first engagement ring. In my opinion that is given to someone as a symbol of a promise and union, once that union is no more it should be returned. Like I said I''m speaking as a guy here, but heaven forbid I get divorced one day, I will want the engagement ring back.
face20.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/1/2008 2:28:15 PM
Author: MP
Speaking from a guys perspective I wonder why you still have your first engagement ring. In my opinion that is given to someone as a symbol of a promise and union, once that union is no more it should be returned. Like I said I'm speaking as a guy here, but heaven forbid I get divorced one day, I will want the engagement ring back.
face20.gif
If the engagement is broken off prior to marriage, then it should be given back. If you actually do get married and divorced later, then I think the ring is usually considered to be owned by the wife. I suppose that it depends on the couple, though. Knock on wood, if my husband and I ever split up...after three kids and 10+ years so far, he is not getting that ring back
38.gif
9.gif

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
I''m wit''ya girlie....hmmmm
20.gif

Just sayin''....we''ve been burned before....

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Pretty rings, love that pear!!!

vslover

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/1/2008 2:28:15 PM
Author: MP

Hmm, well as long as the topic is up I''m willing to take this person as being genuine. I really like the engagement ring that you received for your first marriage. I''m not a big fan of pears, but if you are a pear person you have a great looking one there.

Speaking from a guys perspective I wonder why you still have your first engagement ring. In my opinion that is given to someone as a symbol of a promise and union, once that union is no more it should be returned. Like I said I''m speaking as a guy here, but heaven forbid I get divorced one day, I will want the engagement ring back.
face20.gif

So long as the engagement isn''t broken and a marriage takes place, the man doesn''t get the ring back...it''s hers forever. Engagement rings only go back to the "giver" if the wedding never takes place.

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2008 6:45:10 PM

Date: 3/1/2008 12:38:12 PM
Author: chiapet

Date: 3/1/2008 11:58:43 AM

Date: 3/1/2008 11:37:22 AM
Author: orbaya

Beautiful rings, but, I had the same feeling, sorry.. but memories of JessicaM come to mind. If not, I wholeheartedly apologize in advance.
Who is JessicaM?
She was a not too long ago troll who photoshopped her pink diamond and got caught. This looks very much like the other.. sorry, but its just a little too iffy. Like I said, I apologize in advance if she's real but these photos look a lot like the past troll.
Don't know what's going on and feel outta the loop (don't recall any of that photoshop issue so I searched). Beautiful rings (though the pink is removed). I did notice a similar photo location (white tile?) for both posters' rings...

Mrs.Taddeo
ring2.2.JPG

one of jessicam's pics similar to Mrs.Taddeo
028JPEG1.jpg

Whoevers they are... they are beautiful!

Mrs.Taddeo

Rough_Rock
hey guys and gals...these are stock pictures of the rings..not the exact same rings i have, but pretty similar in carat, size, etc.

i will post actual pictures as soon as i get my digital camera back from repair..

sorry for the mistake..this is my first post
15.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Ugh, I hate to even write this...

But, I think posting rings "similar" to yours should be pre-stated before postings pictures....because, I think at this point it seems kind of shady. I re-read your orginial posting, and to be completely frank...you flat out said "these are my rings, here are the stats"...and since those aren't your rings....

I don't know if I believe it. Sorry.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2008 8:35:50 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
Ugh, I hate to even write this...

But, I think posting rings ''similar'' to yours should be pre-stated before postings pictures....because, I think at this point it seems kind of shady. I re-read your orginial posting, and to be completely frank...you flat out said ''these are my rings, here are the stats''...and since those aren''t your rings....

I don''t know if I believe it. Sorry.

I agree...so sorry Mrs. Taddeo, but there have been many issues where recent posters lure people in with pictures of rings that aren''t theirs (and aren''t even pictures of theirs). So in the future, best to put a disclaimer on it...otherwise no one will believe you.

sna77

Brilliant_Rock

I''m utterly confused as to why someone would post fake pictures of someone else''s rings?? Whats the point of being a troll on the SMTR board??
emidea.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Well, if you look at how much attention a person gets by posting a big, flashing diamond...it might be motive enough for someone to frauduantly post a picture of ring that isn''t theirs....Perhaps she has a smaller diamond and feels that posting a picture of that wouldn''t get her enough attention...Sad, really.

I personally would never post anything that wasn''t mine, or a piece that belongs to someone I know very well -- and even doing that would be after an explaination that "this isn''t mine, it belongs to so-and-so, enjoy!"

I consider posting a faux-ring the same as lying...

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
do you have a camera on your cell phone? that would work in the mean time. how did you find two stock photos, from the same dealer (same hand and background) that happened to look like two rings you aquired probably several years apart, and so unique in and of themselves? my my, those are quite some odds. looking forward to seeing those beauties on your hand!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results