shape
carat
color
clarity

New to this - help!

Nooby123

Rough_Rock
Hi all, i’m looking to buy a diamond soon and I’m aware of the 4 Cs but unsure on what else I should be looking for. I’ve seen things such as light reflection etc which bluenile don’t seem to show. I’m looking for something like 1.2-1.25carat, G+ colour, VS1+ clarity and excellent cut. I’m based in the UK if that affects my buying choices price wise.

Any help would be much appreciated

missyminx

Shiny_Rock
Hi! I was in the UK last week looking at rings and the prices seemed higher than what you would pay if you purchased them from the US online vendors.

If you choose to purchase a diamond from overseas, then you'd need to factor in the VAT payable. https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-tax-for-a-ring-shipped-from-us-to-uk.184523/

Durham Rose in the UK sells super ideal diamonds from crafted by infinity which would take away most of the hard work from you. You'd only need to pick the size and the colour because their diamonds fall within such strict and narrow parameters for optimum performance. Just search durham rose and CBI on here and you'll get loads of their diamond photos.

jp201845

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all, i’m looking to buy a diamond soon and I’m aware of the 4 Cs but unsure on what else I should be looking for. I’ve seen things such as light reflection etc which bluenile don’t seem to show. I’m looking for something like 1.2-1.25carat, G+ colour, VS1+ clarity and excellent cut. I’m based in the UK if that affects my buying choices price wise.

Any help would be much appreciated

What is your budget you are working with?
That is a great suggestion @ missyminx

Nooby123

Rough_Rock
Hi! I was in the UK last week looking at rings and the prices seemed higher than what you would pay if you purchased them from the US online vendors.

If you choose to purchase a diamond from overseas, then you'd need to factor in the VAT payable. https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-tax-for-a-ring-shipped-from-us-to-uk.184523/

Durham Rose in the UK sells super ideal diamonds from crafted by infinity which would take away most of the hard work from you. You'd only need to pick the size and the colour because their diamonds fall within such strict and narrow parameters for optimum performance. Just search durham rose and CBI on here and you'll get loads of their diamond photos.
What is your budget you are working with?
That is a great suggestion @ missyminx

I was thinking around £8500, not sure how realistic that is for my target diamond

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results