shape
carat
color
clarity

New to PS. Trying to purchase first diamond studs.

ladyonthelake

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! I'll admit I've spent hours in this forum already, and now I'd like some advice.

I'm planting the hint that I'd like some diamond stud earrings from my husband for Christmas. This will be a big leap for me as I've never had diamond earrings before. I originally started my search by looking at some in person at Kohl's. But I really want to get some that have some type of guarantee, which has lead me to looking where my husband got my engagement ring, a local jewelry shop called DJ Bitzan. Their customer service has been most excellent for the 12 years I've had my ring.

A little about me. I'm not into over-the-top bling. Looks amazing on some ladies, just not for me. I'm more subtle. On top of that I have ridiculously small earlobes. "Non-existent" is probably a better description. Somehow the picture makes it them look bigger. So I'm thinking 0.33 tcw or 0.5 tcw will suit me just fine.

I have also decided I do not want screw backs, and i am draw toward a martini setting in white gold. This is what DJ Bitzan has to offer and prices.

0.33 tcw $449. H, Sl2, 2-3 in cut (not sure what that means for cut?)
0.5 tcw is $799 for the same specs

I am okay paying a little more to keep the business with people I trust, but do these prices seem reasonable? I have never bought diamond studs before so really don't know. And is the "2-3 cut" okay or no? I tried googling it but couldn't find anything.

Any advice would be so helpful! I appreciate it!

img_20161107_142750702.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have time to do a comparison for you, but you might want to look at ID Jewelers for comparables. They have a very good reputation among Pricescopers. You can find a link user the resources/sponsors tabs.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can empathise, your earlobes look just like mine! My daily wear studs are 0.33 ctw and they look just fine. I do get earring envy every so often when I see some of the lovely huge earrings some PSers sport. =) If I were buying again I'd call Whiteflash and see what price they could do small studs using their ACA melee- I've looked at their diamond pairs search and it only lists from about 0.5 ctw. Pretty sure they'd be super sparkly and they have a 3 prong martini setting that might suit.

ladyonthelake

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I checked out ID Jewelry! Thank you for the recommendation!

ladyonthelake

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Snowdrop13- thanks for your comments. Glad to hear someone else has smaller earlobes and what size is suitable for them! Thanks so much!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results