Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Beautiful in every regard. You rock it.

cheers--Sharon

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it, classic. I picked up a Tiffany on Ebay a few years back at a great price with all the boxes, bags and papers. I was very lucky.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning. Classic. Elegant. You wear it so well. LOVE. Wear in health and blingy happiness. :love:

ClassicSAC

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Inspired by @lovedogs, I recently took a major leap of faith and purchased a Tiffany solitaire and matching knife edge band off eBay. It’s a long story- the basic gist is that it was a divorce ring and the seller was definitely motivated to get rid of it. His pictures were terrible, but I had a good feeling about it and it was in my size, so once it arrived, I ran to Tiffany to get it polished. As an aside, the polishing cost $50 and it took about 2.5 weeks, which seems really long to me. It’s an I, SI1, with MB fluorescence. My 43 year old eyes can’t see any inclusions and couldn’t with a loupe either. It scores a .8 on the HCA and per Tiffany, is a triple excellent (though the crown angle is slightly out of ideal range).

I also purchased the matching band from a Japanese seller and that it arrived in 3 days, which was incredible. Even though the band was also my size, I wanted it a half size bigger and for some reason, Tiffany sized it and shipped it to my house for free. It also took 2.5 weeks.

Both rings are older- the ering is from 2014 and I’m not sure about the age of the band. I was surprised to see that the height of the band is much shorter than the ering height. I tried on some present day bands and they are a little bit higher but much sharper and therefore uncomfortable to my fingers. Because I got such a steal on the band and due to the comfort issue, I decided it wasn’t worth buying brand new to match the ering height better.

Anyway, I love this ring!! The ering itself is heavy and very comfortable! When I first got it, it seemed so small compared to my haloed 1.35 but now that I’ve worn it all most exclusively for the past month, the size seems quite respectable. Reverse DSS, maybe?? And, I got them for under $2k!

Congratulations on this stunning set at a fantastic price!!! I am also on the hunt for a smaller Tiffany set. I currently wear a 1.40 H, SI1, XXX solitaire with a five stone .98 tcw wedding band, both from Blue Nile. While they are beautiful, I feel like they are too flashy. Where I live the average diamond worn is a two carat! Crazy! And, I really wanted my hubby to purchase a engagement ring at Tiffany’s four years ago. Instead he went the online route and we have had all kinds of issues dealing with Blue Nile. Service is important!

Do you have any advice as I look on eBay for my set?

ClassicSAC

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@Logan Sapphire Did your seller include the original boxes as well? I found a preowned Tiffany ring that included all original paperwork but the vendor is going to charge me an extra $100 for the outer box and ribbon if I want them. I negotiated a great deal on the price. The ring is for me so I don’t know if it is worth the extra money. The suede inner box is included. Any thoughts?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Logan Sapphire, I absolutely love this set! I adore the Tiffany setting. It looks so beautiful on your hand :love:

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
@ClassicSAC How exciting to hunt for your own set! I wish I was an experienced eBayer, but I’m not. Even though it’s riskier as they don’t typically offer refunds, I tended to be more drawn to individual sellers, feeling like they were priced better. That’s just my own gut feeling and I could be totally wrong.

In my case, the seller did not offer the suede ring box, but did give me a bag, outer box, and blue pouch. I personally don’t care about those accoutrements but they’re definitely desirable. As an FYI, when I sent my ring to be deep polished, it was returned to me in suede inner box, the outer blue box, and the ribbon. I had it sent to my house instead of in-store pick up so I don’t know what would’ve happened had I picked it up. However, my wedding band was sent to me in a pouch and outer box. In any case, I don’t think an outer box and ribbon is worth $100!! If your ring needs polishing, Tiffany may or may not charge you and it may or may not come back fully boxed with ribbon. Just something to consider as you could get the box for either free or for the $50 polishing charge. What size stone are you looking at?

ClassicSAC

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@ClassicSAC How exciting to hunt for your own set! I wish I was an experienced eBayer, but I’m not. Even though it’s riskier as they don’t typically offer refunds, I tended to be more drawn to individual sellers, feeling like they were priced better. That’s just my own gut feeling and I could be totally wrong.

In my case, the seller did not offer the suede ring box, but did give me a bag, outer box, and blue pouch. I personally don’t care about those accoutrements but they’re definitely desirable. As an FYI, when I sent my ring to be deep polished, it was returned to me in suede inner box, the outer blue box, and the ribbon. I had it sent to my house instead of in-store pick up so I don’t know what would’ve happened had I picked it up. However, my wedding band was sent to me in a pouch and outer box. In any case, I don’t think an outer box and ribbon is worth $100!! If your ring needs polishing, Tiffany may or may not charge you and it may or may not come back fully boxed with ribbon. Just something to consider as you could get the box for either free or for the $50 polishing charge. What size stone are you looking at?

Thanks for the information. I am looking at a .87 brilliant cut, I color, VS1 clarity, triple excellent, with all paperwork and inner box for 5k. The second stone is a .91, triple excellent, I color, VVS1, 5,500, GIA certified but no original Tiffany paperwork. I live in the DC area so I will take the ring to my local store to be sent off for sizing. I have 1.4 brilliant cut stone, H, SI1 that is my original engagement stone but I feel it is too flashy for work and other situations so I am buying an alternate wedding set. I know you understand.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the information. I am looking at a .87 brilliant cut, I color, VS1 clarity, triple excellent, with all paperwork and inner box for 5k. The second stone is a .91, triple excellent, I color, VVS1, 5,500, GIA certified but no original Tiffany paperwork. I live in the DC area so I will take the ring to my local store to be sent off for sizing. I have 1.4 brilliant cut stone, H, SI1 that is my original engagement stone but I feel it is too flashy for work and other situations so I am buying an alternate wedding set. I know you understand.

I’d love to see a pic of your 1.4 ct ring! You’re looking at great sizes for the Tiffany rings. I’m in NoVa so my local store is the one in Tysons, which isn’t that far away, but you know Beltway traffic, which is why I had it shipped to me. $20 is worth not dealing with the Beltway.

ClassicSAC

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I’d love to see a pic of your 1.4 ct ring! You’re looking at great sizes for the Tiffany rings. I’m in NoVa so my local store is the one in Tysons, which isn’t that far away, but you know Beltway traffic, which is why I had it shipped to me. $20 is worth not dealing with the Beltway.

The closet store to me is the Tyson’s store too and I totally understand the beltway traffic! I still can’t decide whether I should buy the .87 with all Tiffany paperwork or spend $500 more for the Tiffany with no original paperwork but GIA certified .91 that faces up to a 1.0 carat, same color, better clarity. Any comments/advice would be appreciate!

FYI, I will post photos of my wedding set tomorrow Showing my 1.4 with my 1.0 five stone wedding band. Really flashy and bling! My hubby works in politics and thought my stone was too small when he proposed! Lol

ClassicSAC

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Here are a few photos of my set. View attachment 721693 View attachment 721694 View attachment 721695 View attachment 721696

Here is my 1.4 with .98 five stone and in size 5.

image.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results