shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT New to me.. Cartier Ellipse ruby, sapphire emerald ring set!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: New to me.. Cartier Ellipse ruby, sapphire emerald ring

Thanks Kelli and Missy!! :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rubies-R-Me|1384724845|3558147 said:
Thanks Diamondseeker!
Yes.. it is such a thrill to find something pre loved and just perfect for less than the retail price. :appl:
I have another one on it's way.. should be here tomorrow. It's a Tiffany square cut ruby eternity band that was up on Ebay for only moments before I grabbed it. I hope the UPS man gets here early.. ;-)

Uhhum....where is that UPS man???? :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

He just left! :appl:
Here is the ring.. doesn't blow my socks off alone but it will surely play well with others! :lol:

photo-209.jpg

photo-8.png

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sample ruby stack..
I must get out of the house.. errands to do!! :lol:

photo-211.jpg

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Can anyone stand one more? I like this much better!

photo-212.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

Cool! How does it look with your OTHER Tiffany diamond and ruby band?

BTW, your screen name is right on!!

cheers--Sharon

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi Sharon!
The Schlumberger one? Good idea Sharon!
I think I like the previous stack though.. all white better? :confused:

photo-213.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rubies-R-Me|1384801552|3558590 said:
Hi Sharon!
The Schlumberger one? Good idea Sharon!
I think I like the previous stack though.. all white better? :confused:

I agree, the other stack looks "sleeker". (similar shape I guess, as the Schlumberger is more a Tourneau)

cheers--Sharon

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

One last.. thanks for sharing Sharon!
A real finger choker!!! ;-)

_12030.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh to have hands and slender long fingers like yours! Those are awesome and you and your hands totally rock that trio - in fact, by the looks of it, you rock whatever you wear!

I love their rounded shininess and the beautiful stones. I also love the three slotted box - so cool and different. Excellent job :appl:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks Minous!
You are so sweet!!! :love:
I put the "triplets" away for a short while and have been wearing the combo of the 3rd pic from the bottom.. the thick floral white band with the ruby bands on either side. It's the best of the combinations. Have a great holiday!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh my gawd Sharon!! I have been drooling over that ring for years on Ebay!! Wow.. I can't believe that it finally sold. Let's hunt that person down and beg her to let us to wear it for just a day.. maybe? :lol:
I have always loveloveloved that ring but to me the big ruby looked like an afterthought.
I think it would be equally nice if there were just rubies sprinkled throughout the ring. . no big ruby needed.
Like this one.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CARTIER-18K-DIAMOND-SAPPHIRE-PANTHERE-RING-/370960908337?pt=US_Fine_Rings&hash=item565efe4031
What are your thoughts?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rubies-R-Me|1387152909|3574920 said:
Oh my gawd Sharon!! I have been drooling over that ring for years on Ebay!! Wow.. I can't believe that it finally sold. Let's hunt that person down and beg her to let us to wear it for just a day.. maybe? :lol:
I have always loveloveloved that ring but to me the big ruby looked like an afterthought.
I think it would be equally nice if there were just rubies sprinkled throughout the ring. . no big ruby needed.
Like this one.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CARTIER-18K-DIAMOND-SAPPHIRE-PANTHERE-RING-/370960908337?pt=US_Fine_Rings&hash=item565efe4031
What are your thoughts?

HI RRM:

Well I wouldn't throw the baby out....yanno what I mean! The entire collection is really desirable.....rubies, sapphires, even the onyx is edgy......

http://www.1stdibs.com/jewelry/rings/band-rings/cartier-black-onyx-diamond-size-51-panthere-5-row-ring/id-j_81561/

cheers--Sharon

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Haahaaa.. I wouldn't throw that baby out of the jewelry box either!
I love the onyx ring too. :love: My eyes are migrating to yellow gold as a change from white.
I have that Nigeria ring in white gold with diamonds.. slightly used from Ebay of course! It's a very comfy ring to wear.
Thankfully I take a size 47 or 48 which certainly cuts out 90% of rings on Ebay because they not in my size. Whew.. it helps with the much needed willpower.
I just bought a two tone watch so I'm currently stalking all two tone rings. I would love to get a Bulgari tubogas ring like this but in two tone. There was one up recently from a seller in Japan but it wasn't my size. :cry:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-BVLGARI-Tubogas-Snake-K18WG-Ring-53-US-7-/171174469428?pt=US_Fine_Rings&hash=item27dacb1f34

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rubies-R-Me|1387154430|3574941 said:
Haahaaa.. I wouldn't throw that baby out of the jewelry box either!
I love the onyx ring too. :love: My eyes are migrating to yellow gold as a change from white.
I have that Nigeria ring in white gold with diamonds.. slightly used from Ebay of course! It's a very comfy ring to wear.
Thankfully I take a size 47 or 48 which certainly cuts out 90% of rings on Ebay because they not in my size. Whew.. it helps with the much needed willpower.
I just bought a two tone watch so I'm currently stalking all two tone rings. I would love to get a Bulgari tubogas ring like this but in two tone. There was one up recently from a seller in Japan but it wasn't my size. :cry:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-BVLGARI-Tubogas-Snake-K18WG-Ring-53-US-7-/171174469428?pt=US_Fine_Rings&hash=item27dacb1f34

Are you my twin???? I love the Bvlgari tubogas watches. Older versions, especially.

Your finger size may be small and therefore availability of items limited, but that can also be an advantage. I find the common sizes--like mine (52 or 53 aka 6 or 6.5) --items are priced higher. Have you not found this?

BTW, what is the difference between the rings in the Nigeria collection and Panthere? They appear very similar....

cheers--Sharon

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sharon.. you are my long lost Tubogas loving twin!! :wavey: I love the Bzero rings as well.. you?
Yes.. I totally agree with you that the sizes that hover around a 5.5 - 6.5 do command a higher price. I will look upon my narrower selection as a positive now.. thank you. :D
As far as Nigeria rings (I wonder how they arrived at that name) and Panthere rings.. I think that the Panthere collection has many different styles. The ones that come to mind right away are the brick like pattern and the ones with an actual panther head on them.
It seems (from my extensive Ebay research :lol: ) that the Nigeria ring is only one ring.. the wide band with the bowed out middle.
What did I do with my time before Ebay???? Do you feel the same?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rubies-R-Me|1387157995|3574983 said:
Sharon.. you are my long lost Tubogas loving twin!! :wavey: I love the Bzero rings as well.. you?
Yes.. I totally agree with you that the sizes that hover around a 5.5 - 6.5 do command a higher price. I will look upon my narrower selection as a positive now.. thank you. :D
As far as Nigeria rings (I wonder how they arrived at that name) and Panthere rings.. I think that the Panthere collection has many different styles. The ones that come to mind right away are the brick like pattern and the ones with an actual panther head on them.
It seems (from my extensive Ebay research :lol: ) that the Nigeria ring is only one ring.. the wide band with the bowed out middle.
What did I do with my time before Ebay???? Do you feel the same?

HI:

There is always a silver lining..... :twirl:

VCA also has a ring style similar to the Panthere...then again most brands have rings with multiple rows of stones...anyone GIVE ME ONE! :bigsmile:

My DH has had many wedding bands in our 28 years of marriage but like his BZero ring the best. I like the newer styles with lapis, ceramic and other materials. Rose gold also. But have yet to own one...I need to downsize my collection to upsize again! :rolleyes:

I usually hit First Dibs (first)....then cross correlate with ebay....HAHA...

cheers--Sharon

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I never look on 1stdibs.. seems most of their pieces on Ebay? Rubylane as well?
Funny you mentioned your hubs and his multitudes wedding bands. I'm that way too. Super happy with the first and only spouse but would love a new wedding band monthly. :lol:
I know just what you mean about downsizing before upsizing.. thank goodness jewelry is small. What if we coveted and collected huge urns or something like that??
I have one 4 band Bzero ring in yellow gold from Ebay. It's a good vacation ring.. no stones and not too fancy.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rubies-R-Me|1387159635|3575002 said:
I never look on 1stdibs.. seems most of their pieces on Ebay? Rubylane as well?
Funny you mentioned your hubs and his multitudes wedding bands. I'm that way too. Super happy with the first and only spouse but would love a new wedding band monthly. :lol:
I know just what you mean about downsizing before upsizing.. thank goodness jewelry is small. What if we coveted and collected huge urns or something like that??
I have one 4 band Bzero ring in yellow gold from Ebay. It's a good vacation ring.. no stones and not too fancy.

HI:

Sure. Many Estate dealers also have B & M's as well. Any method to get their wares out there..ebay, First Dibs, Rubylane...you name it.

Hey, I might like to keep the same wedding band, but have a new husband monthly! Is there a site for that?? hohoho :lol:

cheers--Sharon

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Baaahaaaa! ..new hub monthly.. You are hilarious! :lol:
Where will we find them? Slightly used on Ebay?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rubies-R-Me|1387195622|3575162 said:
Baaahaaaa! ..new hub monthly.. You are hilarious! :lol:
Where will we find them? Slightly used on Ebay?

HI:

I am sure they are everywhere! (granted I've never really looked....) :saint:

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh wow!!! What fantabulous earrings!! So fancy.. so special!!! How did you decide on these? What type of necklace would you wear them with? They are just amazing.
I love Betteridge too!! Have you ever been to the store in Greenwich, Connecticut? Maybe 2 years ago or so I went there to see the Tiffany ruby ring that is actually my avatar.. isn't that a funny coincidence. Their selection of estate jewelry was outstanding. The owner? manager? (Win was his name I think) that I emailed back and forth about the ring before I arrived was super nice.
I'm so excited for you that you have an incoming piece of finery!!!
Will you post ear shots when they arrive? I hope so! :)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rubies-R-Me|1387305027|3576235 said:
Oh wow!!! What fantabulous earrings!! So fancy.. so special!!! How did you decide on these? What type of necklace would you wear them with? They are just amazing.
I love Betteridge too!! Have you ever been to the store in Greenwich, Connecticut? Maybe 2 years ago or so I went there to see the Tiffany ruby ring that is actually my avatar.. isn't that a funny coincidence. Their selection of estate jewelry was outstanding. The owner? manager? (Win was his name I think) that I emailed back and forth about the ring before I arrived was super nice.
I'm so excited for you that you have an incoming piece of finery!!!
Will you post ear shots when they arrive? I hope so! :)

HI:

My decision was quick...I had been wanting a departure from the plain Tahitian pearl earrings I currently own, but nothing caught my eye until now. I have always loved this design and that size of pearl is nice in that color. And I have a few pearl pieces I could wear around my neck..... ;))

Win was very accommodating and pleasant...I will deal with them again, for sure. And no, I have never been to the store, as I live a long way from CT! Incidentally, I observed your avatar looked familiar.....

cheers--Sharon

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

You must be so excited for them to arrive. Do post ear pics! :)
I think "my" avatar is still for sale. It was a lovely ring but not enough BANG on my finger for me. I like chunky.. rings not men.. :lol:
Oh no.. can't get away from the double entendre jewelry/men jokes!!!! :shock:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rubies-R-Me|1387306143|3576250 said:
You must be so excited for them to arrive. Do post ear pics! :)
I think "my" avatar is still for sale. It was a lovely ring but not enough BANG on my finger for me. I like chunky.. rings not men.. :lol:
Oh no.. can't get away from the double entendre jewelry/men jokes!!!! :shock:

LOL!

I am a pixie but have big hands--hence I like, but also require "big" rings. No worries on more puns....suffice it to say, I agree with you. :bigsmile: :saint:

P.S. I am a terrible and remiss photographer.....

cheers--Sharon

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

A pixie with big hands.. now that's a perfect avatar!

screen_shot_2013-12-17_at_2.png

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rubies-R-Me|1387308228|3576268 said:
A pixie with big hands.. now that's a perfect avatar!

HA! That pixie looks perfectly proportioned to me! I just checked....the earrings are on the FedEx truck coming to me today! I had no idea overnight shipping was in the bargain! That pixie brought me luck!

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results